2019 Fantasy Football Discussion Thread

This is where you would discuss your fantasy team. Look for advice, as well as talk about your favorite video games. The Geekery so to speak.
Re: 2019 Fantasy Football Discussion Thread

Postby Rocker » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:48 pm

My first “ are you retarded” trade offer just came in:

Matt Ryan and T.Y. Hilton

For

Drew Brees and James Conner.
Rocker

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:51 pm

Rocker wrote:My first “ are you retarded” trade offer just came in:

For

lol dude prolly just saw Luck retired and was hoping to scoop someone

In my 12 team half ppr cash league that drafts Monday, I’m picking 11 and leaning towards a Hill/Cook combo. What are folks thoughts on that? Hill has been a top 5 WR two years in a row, and with no Hunt, KC could be slinging it even more. Cook I just think is a superstar if he avoids injuries- and all the other runners in that spot (Johnson, Chubb, Mixon) have injury questions themselves.
real bucs fan

Postby beardmcdoug » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:35 pm

real bucs fan wrote:

For

lol dude prolly just saw Luck retired and was hoping to scoop someone

In my 12 team half ppr cash league that drafts Monday, I’m picking 11 and leaning towards a Hill/Cook combo. What are folks thoughts on that? Hill has been a top 5 WR two years in a row, and with no Hunt, KC could be slinging it even more. Cook I just think is a superstar if he avoids injuries- and all the other runners in that spot (Johnson, Chubb, Mixon) have injury questions themselves.

It’s a great combo IMO - I’d run with it and not look back. You see the downfield burst on that 85 yd TD run Cook had? Dudes a stud and clearly 100%
beardmcdoug

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:44 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:lol dude prolly just saw Luck retired and was hoping to scoop someone

It’s a great combo IMO - I’d run with it and not look back. You see the downfield burst on that 85 yd TD run Cook had? Dudes a stud and clearly 100%

Ya I watched that game, the start of it, mostly to see Cook and David Johnson. To me, Cook is just the better player on the better offence. Sure he has injury concerns, but so does Johnson.
real bucs fan

Postby Deuce » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:47 am

real bucs fan wrote:

For

It's a fine combo. Most analysts predict that Mahomes takes a step back this year, throwing somewhere between 35 and 40 TDs. So that's 10 to 15 less to go between Hill, Kelce, and the tertiary pass-catchers. So don't expect Hill to be the WR1 again, but he should be within the top 5 or so. And in a .5 PPR league, guys like Hop, Adams, Juju and Michael Thomas will get a boost from catching 20 or so more passes than him.

I drafted Cook in both of my leagues the past two years. He's now off my board. I don't blame anyone else for drafting him, he's amazing when healthy, but he's now had 3 straight seasons of injury concerns. I just can't do it again.

I'd encourage you to see what other WRs are available at that pick. I liked a lot of my teams in mocks when I went WR/WR with a late pick. If you could nab say, Hill and Juju, that would be an excellent start and much safer than Cook.
Deuce

Postby real bucs fan » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:12 am

Deuce wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:

It's a fine combo. Most analysts predict that Mahomes takes a step back this year, throwing somewhere between 35 and 40 TDs. So that's 10 to 15 less to go between Hill, Kelce, and the tertiary pass-catchers. So don't expect Hill to be the WR1 again, but he should be within the top 5 or so. And in a .5 PPR league, guys like Hop, Adams, Juju and Michael Thomas will get a boost from catching 20 or so more passes than him.

I drafted Cook in both of my leagues the past two years. He's now off my board. I don't blame anyone else for drafting him, he's amazing when healthy, but he's now had 3 straight seasons of injury concerns. I just can't do it again.

I'd encourage you to see what other WRs are available at that pick. I liked a lot of my teams in mocks when I went WR/WR with a late pick. If you could nab say, Hill and Juju, that would be an excellent start and much safer than Cook.

I think Hunt leaving balances out any statistical regression from Mahomes as KC is going to be even more pass heavy. This KC offence is a juggernaut, and Hill/Kelce are both going to be monsters. I personally have Hill as my 4th WR after Hop, Adams, and Thomas. Julio is close, but I think Ridley steps up and eats up some of those targets, plus he's never been a big TD guy. OBJ just has a few question marks with health, and Landry is a target monster. After those 6 it's JuJu and Evans, but I think they are the clear 7/8 of that top 8 grouping.

As for Cooks injury concerns, no doubt they are there. But looking at the RBs around him... Gurley, Chubb, D. Johnson... all of those guys have serious injury risks as well- and I think Cooks touches are safer than Gurley and Chubbs, and the Arizona offence just knocks Johnson to the bottom of that group. Mixon is also in the mix there, but to me he's the clear 11th guy.

Ultimately with the 11th and 14th pick, the RBs I'm looking at are(assuming Conner and Bell are gone), Cook, Gurley, and Chubb with Johnson/Mixon a worst case scenario at pick 14.

At WR (assuming Hop and Adams are gone), it's Thomas (likely gone) and Hill, with Jones and OBJ as the worst case at 14.

So basically I'm hoping to end up with 2 of these 5 guys:
Thomas
Hill
Cook
Gurley
Chubb
real bucs fan

Postby Deuce » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:38 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
Deuce wrote:

I think Hunt leaving balances out any statistical regression from Mahomes as KC is going to be even more pass heavy. This KC offence is a juggernaut, and Hill/Kelce are both going to be monsters. I personally have Hill as my 4th WR after Hop, Adams, and Thomas. Julio is close, but I think Ridley steps up and eats up some of those targets, plus he's never been a big TD guy. OBJ just has a few question marks with health, and Landry is a target monster. After those 6 it's JuJu and Evans, but I think they are the clear 7/8 of that top 8 grouping.

As for Cooks injury concerns, no doubt they are there. But looking at the RBs around him... Gurley, Chubb, D. Johnson... all of those guys have serious injury risks as well- and I think Cooks touches are safer than Gurley and Chubbs, and the Arizona offence just knocks Johnson to the bottom of that group. Mixon is also in the mix there, but to me he's the clear 11th guy.

Ultimately with the 11th and 14th pick, the RBs I'm looking at are(assuming Conner and Bell are gone), Cook, Gurley, and Chubb with Johnson/Mixon a worst case scenario at pick 14.

At WR (assuming Hop and Adams are gone), it's Thomas (likely gone) and Hill, with Jones and OBJ as the worst case at 14.

Thomas
Hill
Cook
Gurley
Chubb

KC isn't going to change their entire system because Kareem Hunt is gone. Look at last year. Hunt was getting about 20 touches per game, Spencer Ware came in and did the same, and then Damien Williams did the same, too. They just plug in the next guy and keep rolling.

It could just be me, I'm just a bigger fan of taking WR that high. Most of the WR in that range (Thomas, Hill, Evans, Jones) have zero red flags. All of the RBs have injury concerns. It's likely that half the people go RB there and are happy and the other half aren't. While the WRs will most likely last through the season, worst case scenario is slight under-performance.

And I wouldn't count on Chubb still being there. His ADP has gone crazy. He went 7th overall in my draft. I think his ADP is 9 overall currently.
Deuce

Postby real bucs fan » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:45 pm

Deuce wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:I think Hunt leaving balances out any statistical regression from Mahomes as KC is going to be even more pass heavy. This KC offence is a juggernaut, and Hill/Kelce are both going to be monsters. I personally have Hill as my 4th WR after Hop, Adams, and Thomas. Julio is close, but I think Ridley steps up and eats up some of those targets, plus he's never been a big TD guy. OBJ just has a few question marks with health, and Landry is a target monster. After those 6 it's JuJu and Evans, but I think they are the clear 7/8 of that top 8 grouping.

Thomas
Hill
Cook
Gurley
Chubb

KC isn't going to change their entire system because Kareem Hunt is gone. Look at last year. Hunt was getting about 20 touches per game, Spencer Ware came in and did the same, and then Damien Williams did the same, too. They just plug in the next guy and keep rolling.

It could just be me, I'm just a bigger fan of taking WR that high. Most of the WR in that range (Thomas, Hill, Evans, Jones) have zero red flags. All of the RBs have injury concerns. It's likely that half the people go RB there and are happy and the other half aren't. While the WRs will most likely last through the season, worst case scenario is slight under-performance.

And I wouldn't count on Chubb still being there. His ADP has gone crazy. He went 7th overall in my draft. I think his ADP is 9 overall currently.

I likely get the RB at 11, and then the WR at 14- though that does depend somewhat on what happens in the first 10 picks. Just think it’s more likely to get the WR at 14 since the chances of the dude picking 12th going Wr/Wr is less likely.

Definitely planning to get one RB and one WR though.
real bucs fan

Postby Deuce » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:57 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
Deuce wrote:

I likely get the RB at 11, and then the WR at 14- though that does depend somewhat on what happens in the first 10 picks. Just think it’s more likely to get the WR at 14 since the chances of the dude picking 12th going Wr/Wr is less likely.

Definitely planning to get one RB and one WR though.

I get it. Just too risky for my blood in the 1/2 rounds. I'd rather go WR heavy early and then look for guys like Chris Carson or Sony Michel a little later.
Deuce

Postby NavyBuc » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:18 am

For those drafting, try and snag Dede Westbrook in mid-to-late rounds if you can. You won't regret it. He is going to be the Jags #1 and Foles loves going to him. Watched a couple training camp practices and the two have a great rapport. Going way undervalued. Kinda getting the same vibe with Michael Gallup in Dallas.
NavyBuc

Postby real bucs fan » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:06 am

NavyBuc wrote:For those drafting, try and snag Dede Westbrook in mid-to-late rounds if you can. You won't regret it. He is going to be the Jags #1 and Foles loves going to him. Watched a couple training camp practices and the two have a great rapport. Going way undervalued. Kinda getting the same vibe with Michael Gallup in Dallas.

He’s a target in every draft for me. Big time talent.
real bucs fan

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:50 pm

10 team PPR, I have the 10th pick...am I overthinking that Kelce's value over replacement is high enough to push him to the 10th or 11th pick?
uscbucsfan

Postby Rocker » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:53 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:10 team PPR, I have the 10th pick...am I overthinking that Kelce's value over replacement is high enough to push him to the 10th or 11th pick?

He’s basically a high end WR2 at a different position. I wouldn’t take him inside of the top 30 or so picks, personally.
Rocker

Postby Rocker » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:55 pm

Rocker wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:10 team PPR, I have the 10th pick...am I overthinking that Kelce's value over replacement is high enough to push him to the 10th or 11th pick?

He’s basically a high end WR2 at a different position. I wouldn’t take him inside of the top 30 or so picks, personally.

In a ten team league, you could have a RB1, RB2, and a WR1 that would provide a better point average. But, at the end of your third round... it is tempting. I’d like to see how your team shakes out.
Rocker

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:56 pm

Rocker wrote:

His average draft position is 17. I just think weighing any other TEs vs him, he scored 55 points more than Kittle who may have had an outlier year.

I'm mulling it. Thanks, man.
uscbucsfan

Postby Rocker » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:02 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Rocker wrote:

His average draft position is 17. I just think weighing any other TEs vs him, he scored 55 points more than Kittle who may have had an outlier year.

I'm mulling it. Thanks, man.

I’ve always been heavily biased towards RB production in FFL, for what that’s worth. It could be I’m a fossil and not adapting to a changing league.
Rocker

Postby real bucs fan » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:41 pm

Jake Ciely of The Athletic has an article about this, and he said Kelces value is that of about WR10. So 10 would be too early.
real bucs fan

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:43 pm

real bucs fan wrote:

Jake Ciely of The Athletic has an article about this, and he said Kelces value is that of about WR10. So 10 would be too early.

I didn't take him. My logic was, just like RBs are more rare, TEs have a massive drop off after Kelce.
uscbucsfan

Postby real bucs fan » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:13 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:Jake Ciely of The Athletic has an article about this, and he said Kelces value is that of about WR10. So 10 would be too early.

I didn't take him. My logic was, just like RBs are more rare, TEs have a massive drop off after Kelce.

Ya I was considering Kelce picking 11 as well for the same reasons, but ultimately waited big time.
real bucs fan

Postby Deuce » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:44 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:Jake Ciely of The Athletic has an article about this, and he said Kelces value is that of about WR10. So 10 would be too early.

I use BeerSheets for my draft, and it gives you a value over replacement player. For my league, which is full PPR, Kelce slots in right behind the big 4 RBs and Adams, Hopkins, Thomas, Jones, and Smith-Schuster.

It's one of the harder things to figure out in fantasy. You only need 1 TE, it's not a valuable position in that respect, but a good guy there gives you a big advantage. I followed my sheet and took him in the 2nd round.
Deuce

Postby SDBucs » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:54 pm

Well I have Michael Thomas and James Conner, he has Deshaun Watson. I'm down by 22.

Loss? :cry:
SDBucs

Postby Doctor » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:49 pm

Well now that the BucZone draft is over... holy **** do I love Lamar Jackson for this season. So far so good.
Doctor

Postby real bucs fan » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:54 am

Was able to pick up OJ Howard off waivers in my cash league. Not sure if it's just homerism but I feel pretty good about it considering i had absolute trash at TE all season so far. Hoping Arians makes an effort to get him the ball post bye week.
real bucs fan

Postby Deuce » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:06 am

real bucs fan wrote:Was able to pick up OJ Howard off waivers in my cash league. Not sure if it's just homerism but I feel pretty good about it considering i had absolute trash at TE all season so far. Hoping Arians makes an effort to get him the ball post bye week.

I think it's just homerism. Howard has 6 targets over the past two weeks. That's with Perriman out and our backs catching a very small number of targets. We could see changes to the offense but I could see Rojo or Brate also competing for more targets.

Plus, Howard has been bad when given opportunities this year. He's had a hard time catching the ball, and ball security always seems to be an issue with him.
Deuce

Postby real bucs fan » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:15 am

Deuce wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:Was able to pick up OJ Howard off waivers in my cash league. Not sure if it's just homerism but I feel pretty good about it considering i had absolute trash at TE all season so far. Hoping Arians makes an effort to get him the ball post bye week.

I think it's just homerism. Howard has 6 targets over the past two weeks. That's with Perriman out and our backs catching a very small number of targets. We could see changes to the offense but I could see Rojo or Brate also competing for more targets.

Plus, Howard has been bad when given opportunities this year. He's had a hard time catching the ball, and ball security always seems to be an issue with him.

The talent is there, we seem to be forgetting how good he was last year before his injury. He just needs to regain some confidence and get targets. The time for those adjustments to happen are now.
real bucs fan

Postby Selmon Rules » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:27 am

Rojo or Calvin Ridley for flex?? PPR league

Always been a fan of starting as many RB's as I could but still not sure about Rojo and what his workload is gonna look like.... ATL is gonna have to throw it a ton as they are gonna be playing catch-up all game long and with Sanu gone....
Sig currently being held hostage by Photobucket, will return next fall
Selmon Rules

Postby Deuce » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:34 am

Selmon Rules wrote:Rojo or Calvin Ridley for flex?? PPR league

Always been a fan of starting as many RB's as I could but still not sure about Rojo and what his workload is gonna look like.... ATL is gonna have to throw it a ton as they are gonna be playing catch-up all game long and with Sanu gone....

I like both this week. If Rojo is actually the starter and going to get most of the carries, I'm confident he can be an RB2 ROS. That's a big if, but still.

I thought Ridley's role would really increase with Sanu gone but it hasn't happened, yet. I think I'd still lean him since it's PPR.
Deuce

Postby Doctor » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:56 pm

Doctor wrote:Well now that the BucZone draft is over... holy **** do I love Lamar Jackson for this season. So far so good.

:drinkingcheers:
Doctor

Postby Doctor » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:05 pm

Let's play SET THAT LINE UP!

Any advice?

Doctor

Postby acmillis » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:09 pm

Doctor wrote:Let's play SET THAT LINE UP!

Any advice?

I'm playing Mike Williams over Will Fuller and Bo Scar over Melving Gordon
acmillis

PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy Sport/Video Games