Jameis Winston under investigation for allegedly groping...

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Jameis Winston under investigation for allegedly groping

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:31 pm

There isn't much heat on Winston anymore.
Bootz2004

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:43 pm

UbuntuBuc wrote:The Lesean McCoy mess will take some heat off of Winston.

In regards to public reaction, sure.. maybe. But the Winston case is closed. The civil SOL has passed and there was never a criminal case.

People are justified to react however they want, but it's time to move on either way. It will be stirred back up when Winston reports to TC and faces the press, but I doubt he'll have much to say on the subject. By that point we'll be on to talking about actual football again.
DreadNaught

Postby GottaJaboo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:44 pm

Provide firm proof or GTFO.
GottaJaboo

Postby beardmcdoug » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:25 pm

GottaJaboo wrote:Provide firm proof or GTFO.

attaboy
beardmcdoug

Postby Jason Bourne » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:46 pm

GottaJaboo wrote:Provide firm proof or GTFO.

Proof of what exactly ?
Jason Bourne

Postby UbuntuBuc » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:06 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
UbuntuBuc wrote:The Lesean McCoy mess will take some heat off of Winston.

In regards to public reaction, sure.. maybe. But the Winston case is closed. The civil SOL has passed and there was never a criminal case.

People are justified to react however they want, but it's time to move on either way. It will be stirred back up when Winston reports to TC and faces the press, but I doubt he'll have much to say on the subject. By that point we'll be on to talking about actual football again.

Yes, but prior to the Lesean McCoy incident the 'press' at Buccaneers training camp may have been national... I would guess more national press will be focused on Lesean McCoy than Jamies and the Buccaneers. Certainly the public can react any way it wants, but they are also distracted by the 'next big thing' far too often.
UbuntuBuc

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:38 pm

UbuntuBuc wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

Yes, but prior to the Lesean McCoy incident the 'press' at Buccaneers training camp may have been national... I would guess more national press will be focused on Lesean McCoy than Jamies and the Buccaneers. Certainly the public can react any way it wants, but they are also distracted by the 'next big thing' far too often.

That's a far reaching hypothesis and forecast. For the most part the news surrounding Winston has cooled. Mainly I think because the initial story broke in November, things got quiet in the subsequent months before the suspension came down. And even still the "news" of the suspension and the official suspension had a significant amount of time in between. By the time Winston made his statement, national news media was on to the next story. The main question wasn't even did he do it or not, it was how did he only get 3 games.
Bootz2004

Postby The Outsider » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:53 pm

UbuntuBuc wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

That Lesean McCoy thing is looking like it may be nothing.
The Outsider

Postby Ken Carson » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:10 am

The Outsider wrote:
UbuntuBuc wrote:

If I is nothing, then the story will be about how easy it is to put someone through hell with accusations.
Ken Carson

Postby PrimeMinister » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:24 am

Ken Carson wrote:
The Outsider wrote:

If I is nothing, then the story will be about how easy it is to put someone through hell with accusations.

Doubt that’ll be the story. If it’s nothing the news cycle moves on. Reuben Foster’s story was hot until it was found that she lied. Because of #Metoo the public isn’t here to listen to stories about false accusations. The mantra now is that women are to be believed 100% and that false accusations of rape/sexual assault/abuse are rare enough not to be discussed.
PrimeMinister

Postby The Outsider » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:01 am

Ken Carson wrote:
The Outsider wrote:

I have a very personal experience with that, and it is very, very easy.
The Outsider

Postby NYBF » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:06 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:If I is nothing, then the story will be about how easy it is to put someone through hell with accusations.

Doubt that’ll be the story. If it’s nothing the news cycle moves on. Reuben Foster’s story was hot until it was found that she lied. Because of #Metoo the public isn’t here to listen to stories about false accusations. The mantra now is that women are to be believed 100% and that false accusations of rape/sexual assault/abuse are rare enough not to be discussed.

It won;'t be the story because no one gives a **** about falsely accused.
NYBF

Postby Ken Carson » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:14 pm

It may not lead CNN, but it will be the major societal point of that story.
Ken Carson

Postby PrimeMinister » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:16 pm

Ken Carson wrote:It may not lead CNN, but it will be the major societal point of that story.

Most people won’t risk bringing up the false accusations. Too dangerous in this climate.
PrimeMinister

Postby GottaJaboo » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:45 pm

It appears more and more likely that Jameis didn't do anything. It's weird...
GottaJaboo

Postby uscbucsfan » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:53 pm

GottaJaboo wrote:It appears more and more likely that Jameis didn't do anything. It's weird...

Link?
uscbucsfan

Postby RedLeader » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:00 pm

GottaJaboo wrote:It appears more and more likely that Jameis didn't do anything. It's weird...

Lol. Dude, he already all but admitted to it.. time to move on.
RedLeader

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:47 pm

RedLeader wrote:

Lol. Dude, he already all but admitted to it.. time to move on.

His "admission" was vague at best, but I agree he assumed guilt on some level for whatever happened in that car. His statement was crafted in a way that allows people to read whatever they want into it.

It's certainly time to move on. Winston and the Bucs won't be offering much up in terms of a response regarding this and there is no criminal or civil case. Providing Winston doesn't get in himself involved in any more shenanigans this story will continue to fizzle away.
DreadNaught

Postby GottaJaboo » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:14 pm

Yeah, he certainly didn't admit to anything at all. Tampa Bay Buc's fans, on a Buc's fan board, with this selective phony outrage. It's a weak look and you should be ashamed of yourself.
GottaJaboo

Postby Bootz2004 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:33 pm

GottaJaboo wrote:Yeah, he certainly didn't admit to anything at all. Tampa Bay Buc's fans, on a Buc's fan board, with this selective phony outrage. It's a weak look and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Him taking a "plea deal" was an admission of some guilt. But at this point it's irrelevant. He got 3 games. The driver didn't feel assaulted enough to call the police or file charges. She didn't even file a lawsuit. She was satisfied with his punishment. The league felt 3 games was sufficient enough. Jameis felt 3 games was fair. Anyone still outraged might have an agenda but who cares. This is all in the past. He'll sit 3 games and will start week 4. End of story.
Bootz2004

Postby MJW » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:21 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
The driver didn't feel assaulted enough to call the police or file charges.

I'm glad we've figured out that the tens (hundreds) of thousands of women a year who are sexually assaulted but don't file charges simply "didn't feel assaulted enough" to do so. Good call.
MJW

Postby Bootz2004 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:31 pm

MJW wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
The driver didn't feel assaulted enough to call the police or file charges.

I'm glad we've figured out that the tens (hundreds) of thousands of women a year who are sexually assaulted but don't file charges simply "didn't feel assaulted enough" to do so. Good call.

I'm not talking about the tens (hundreds) of thousands of women who are sexually assaulted. I'm talking about this woman in this situation. You're going overboard.
Bootz2004

Postby Nano » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:00 am

But what about the tens (hundreds) of thousands of women who were sexually assaulted by Jameis?
Nano

Postby Deuce » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:21 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
GottaJaboo wrote:Yeah, he certainly didn't admit to anything at all. Tampa Bay Buc's fans, on a Buc's fan board, with this selective phony outrage. It's a weak look and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Him taking a "plea deal" was an admission of some guilt. But at this point it's irrelevant. He got 3 games. The driver didn't feel assaulted enough to call the police or file charges. She didn't even file a lawsuit. She was satisfied with his punishment. The league felt 3 games was sufficient enough. Jameis felt 3 games was fair. Anyone still outraged might have an agenda but who cares. This is all in the past. He'll sit 3 games and will start week 4. End of story.

Somehow, you've done wrong by both parties with this post.

Jameis didn't admit to anything. He took a plea deal to not end up like Zeke, get the story out of the spotlight, and get suspended before his new contract. A carefully crafted PR statement saying "I put the driver in an uncomfortable position" is not an admission of guilt.

And the driver "didn't feel assaulted enough"? Wtf does that mean? The way you say things sometimes really makes me think you might have issues with women.
Deuce

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:02 am

Deuce wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

Jameis didn't admit to anything. He took a plea deal to not end up like Zeke, get the story out of the spotlight, and get suspended before his new contract. A carefully crafted PR statement saying "I put the driver in an uncomfortable position" is not an admission of guilt.

And the driver "didn't feel assaulted enough"? Wtf does that mean? The way you say things sometimes really makes me think you might have issues with women.

Your post here displays that you have no idea what a plea deal is.
Bootz2004

Postby Deuce » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:09 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
Deuce wrote:

NO, YOU have no idea how a plea deal works. Innocent people take plea deals all the time.
Deuce

Postby Buc2 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:17 am

Deuce wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

NO, YOU have no idea how a plea deal works. Innocent people take plea deals all the time.

Sad but true.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Doctor » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:36 am

Patrick McIrish wrote:
Doctor wrote:
They flirt together, she's responsive, but just wants to enjoy a flirt, not really interested in doing anything. And that's fine, women have all the right to do that, I do it all the time myself. Something gets misconstrued or perhaps a slightly tipsy Winston gets too brave and makes a move. Maybe he used it once after a full date and it worked, but got too brave, drunk or dumb thinking it'd work after 2 minutes of flirting with a hired person. It is a bad move, he pulls back. Doesn't try anything else for the rest of the drive. Gets out the car.

Now, it could be just as likely that a black out drunk Winston called an uber, got in, slurred some words, grabbed her by the crotch, she reacted. He stopped. Didn't try anything else for the rest of the ride and got out.....

Even in your manufactured scenario they were "flirting" for 2 minutes the first move of grabbing a woman's ***** is ridiculously overboard and outrageous.

Pretty funny how you keep giving him credit for stopping. Probably pretty hard to rape her as they're going 60MPH down the highway.

And did you really post you do the same move, LOL. Props to you, do football players usual respond by grabbing your *****? You go girl!

Hilarious. We call this minimizing a situation. Now the chick was a **** tease and Winston is the hero because he pulled back and didn't rape her..... :roll:

Only on a Bucs board.

I'd call you a moron and insult your reading comprehension but think we've all beaten that horse to death by now.
Doctor

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:52 am

Deuce wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

Innocent or not, a plea deal is on some level an admission of guilt.
Bootz2004

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:08 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
Deuce wrote:

Innocent or not, a plea deal is on some level an admission of guilt.

"Innocent or not", "admission of guilt"...say what?

There have been many plea deals over the years that are cost saving measures than battling in court. In this case instead of money it was potential games lost.
uscbucsfan

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions