Training Camp Changes

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Training Camp Changes

Postby Deuce » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:05 am

I haven't seen this anywhere. I read about it a few weeks ago and I ignored it because it just made me mad. But anyway, I try to make at least one practice every year.

https://www.buccaneers.com/news/bucs-an ... ining-camp

TLDR=

Only 6 dates open to the general public- July 29, August 4, 7, 11, 14 and 22.

Additional 9 dates open only to Season Ticket holders and "private groups".

You have to go here and get your tickets in advance- https://www.buccaneers.com/trainingcamp/ It takes you through an entire checkout process with TicketMaster. You'll need to sign in or create an account. It also looks like the only way to show them is to download the Bucs app. *Note that tickets and parking are still free and there are no charges throughout the checkout process. I got 2 tickets for 8/4.

There will be no bleachers or covering for the fans anymore. This part is weird. They recommend bringing chairs, blankets or umbrellas. But every practice will be partially indoors and outdoors. So you'll need your chairs for outdoors, but then chairs aren't permitted indoors. They say you can leave them outside at your own risk or run them back to your car. Thanks, guys.

Overall, this is a bad look imo. With the records of the last few years and the Jameis stuff, they should be catering to the fans right now. Instead, they're limiting how much we can see the team and basically just making it a pain in the ass.

Deuce

Re: Training Camp Changes

Postby PrimeMinister » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:13 am

Reading their press release it doesn’t seem that bad. Bleachers are installed on the inside and you can bring your own chair for the outside. Fans are allowed to set up near any of the the three outside fields now so you can watch specific players or position groups.
PrimeMinister

Postby BucaRican » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:11 pm

Way to spice up hype for a team that under-performed last year and has a QB suspended for 3 games. They really do not cater to the fan base well.

Edit: Can anyone please elaborate on why such a drastic change from years ago? I wanted to compare the Bucs Sched to other teams, it seams everyone in the NFL is following a similar format for the public.
BucaRican

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:19 pm

Let's make the "Training Camp Thread"

Go Bucs
DreadNaught

Postby Deuce » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:33 pm

BucaRican wrote:Way to spice up hype for a team that under-performed last year and has a QB suspended for 3 games. They really do not cater to the fan base well.

Edit: Can anyone please elaborate on why such a drastic change from years ago? I wanted to compare the Bucs Sched to other teams, it seams everyone in the NFL is following a similar format for the public.

Reducing the number to less than half is pretty disappointing.

Also, the "bring blankets, chairs and umbrellas" but "halfway through, you'll have to leave them outside at risk of being stolen or run back to your car" part bugs me. It's like they know that there is a logistical problem but instead of coming up with a solution, they just stuck it on the fans. I'm getting this from the FAQ by the way. It's like a complaint built right in.
Deuce

Postby Hit55 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:17 pm

The team seems to have these grand plans for things, but they never seem to plan out the logistical aspects of any of it. It's kind of like the new team store. Yes, it's gorgeous. Yes, there's TONS of stuff. But the thing is you cannot actually enter the store on game days without having West Club seats. Reason is, once you're in, you're technically "in the stadium." They scan your ticket and reject you if you are not a West Club ticket holder; and if you're in, once you leave, you are no longer allowed back into the stadium. The ONLY time everyone else is permitted is after the game or on off days (Thursday through Saturday).
Hit55

Postby MJW » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:36 am

BucaRican wrote:Way to spice up hype for a team that under-performed last year and has a QB suspended for 3 games. They really do not cater to the fan base well.

This. We were the most disappointing team in the NFL last year (apologies to the Giants.) Our coach is a lame duck. We're projected universally to be in last place again. Our quarterback is, ummm...difficult to root for. We're probably at or near the bottom in every fan popularity metric.

So, clearly the best possible thing to do is make it more difficult for the folks who care to connect with the team!

At what point does the world at large figure out that the Glazer Juniors are one of the worst ownership situations in the NFL? Seems like many don't realize this yet.
MJW

Postby Konatown » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:41 am

As far as owners go I think Arthur Blank has to be near the top. Love seeing him come down to the field at the end of every game (especially when they lose), but he just seems like a good guy who genuinely cares about his team. Also lowering those concessions at the newest stadium in the NFL was great. Wish more owners would follow suit.
Konatown

Postby BucaRican » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:34 am

Konatown wrote:As far as owners go I think Arthur Blank has to be near the top. Love seeing him come down to the field at the end of every game (especially when they lose), but he just seems like a good guy who genuinely cares about his team. Also lowering those concessions at the newest stadium in the NFL was great. Wish more owners would follow suit.

This....
BucaRican

Postby BucaRican » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:48 am

With that said ...

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are proud to invite active duty military, retired or veteran service members and dependents to two exclusive military days at training camp!

https://www.buccaneers.com/trainingcamp/military-day
BucaRican

Postby PrimeMinister » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:53 am

Great PR move.
PrimeMinister

Postby BucaRican » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:35 am

PrimeMinister wrote:Great PR move.

I am really thinking of going on the August 4th date.
BucaRican

Postby Bootz2004 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:36 am

I'm going August 7
Bootz2004

Postby BucaRican » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:37 am

BucaRican wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:Great PR move.

I am really thinking of going on the August 4th date.

Well forget that, its full. Shame shame I took to long to reserve.
BucaRican

Return to Team Discussions