Vita Vea

Dedicated to College Football and Draft discussion.
Re: Vita Vea

Postby Jason Bourne » Sun May 06, 2018 8:52 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:
You really do have no clue , They both play the same position are they are both the same size . One is 6-3 214 lbs and the other is 6-1 212 lbs . You are welcome Kid

And Mays was 6-3 220 and sucks just like James will suck

Size is all idiots like you use when making comparisons. You're too stupid to look at or understand tape, dumbass.

Lol ... James hasn’t played 1 game in the nfl , thankfully we took Vea cause James will be a bust ...dumbass
Jason Bourne

Postby terrytate » Mon May 07, 2018 1:01 am

Jason Bourne wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
He's a more athletic Kam Chancellor to me. He moves bettet than Kam and while he's not that big he's an enforcer who does not shy from contact. I honestly have no clue where this Barron comparison comes from.

You really do have no clue , They both play the same position are they are both the same size . One is 6-3 214 lbs and the other is 6-1 212 lbs . You are welcome Kid

And Mays was 6-3 220 and sucks just like James will suck

There is film of James lining up at corner man to man against the #1 receiver of top 10 teams. There was no film of Mays doing anything like that.
terrytate

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon May 07, 2018 1:13 am

I chose not to entertain anyone dumb enough to bring Taylor Mays into the discussion. That's beyond lazy, stupid, casual. That's ****ing mental. I'll leave it at that.
Bootz2004

Postby mdb1958 » Mon May 07, 2018 5:09 am

Hurst and Hall.

Coach touched on a variety of topics during his media session, take look at what he had to say regarding defensive tackle P.J. Hall, and the competition at the punter position:

“P.J. Hall has a lot of production getting to the quarterback in college. He’s got some measurables – quickness and speed and strength that are important at that position as well. To get those two guys, we felt they were the top two inside rushers in this draft.”
mdb1958

Postby Jason Bourne » Mon May 07, 2018 6:34 am

Bootz2004 wrote:I chose not to entertain anyone dumb enough to bring Taylor Mays into the discussion. That's beyond lazy, stupid, casual. That's ****ing mental. I'll leave it at that.

Amirite ? Of course I am , another thing Taylor Mays has a faster 40 time.. one thing they both have in common is they are lazy .
Jason Bourne

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon May 07, 2018 7:52 am

Jason Bourne wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:I chose not to entertain anyone dumb enough to bring Taylor Mays into the discussion. That's beyond lazy, stupid, casual. That's ****ing mental. I'll leave it at that.

Amirite ? Of course I am , another thing Taylor Mays has a faster 40 time.. one thing they both have in common is they are lazy .

I don't think it was straight up laziness. I think the guy was emotionally defeated. Francois went down and the whole season blew up. James knew it. Jimbo knew it. We knew it.

What that leaves room for criticism is James's love for the game and desire to win. He's got all the talent in the world, but he also has some quit in him. If that can get coached out...or he associates his play with his paycheck... at the next level, he'll be a fine pro.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Jason Bourne » Mon May 07, 2018 7:57 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:

I don't think it was straight up laziness. I think the guy was emotionally defeated. Francois went down and the whole season blew up. James knew it. Jimbo knew it. We knew it.

What that leaves room for criticism is James's love for the game and desire to win. He's got all the talent in the world, but he also has some quit in him. If that can get coached out...or he associates his play with his paycheck... at the next level, he'll be a fine pro.

It is possible but I have my doubts , I think he will get paid and be lazy imo .

Taylor Mays was big strong fast with athleticism to play all over the field too .. just sayin
Jason Bourne

Postby BucaRican » Mon May 07, 2018 3:28 pm

real bucs fan wrote:Happy with Vea at 12, especially considering the trade down, but I wouldn't be shocked at all if we look back on this first round as that time we passed on James twice in order to select a 350lbs run stuffer...

We will be fine as long he is as advertised. What you and alot of guys are missing is he also has created alot of havoc on QBs, this frees up McCoy alot. No longer are the days of double teams for McCoy. I predict a career high in sacks for McCoy and JPP, and you won't need a player like james if your front 4 only give the qb 3sec to throw.
BucaRican

Postby real bucs fan » Mon May 07, 2018 4:24 pm

BucaRican wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:Happy with Vea at 12, especially considering the trade down, but I wouldn't be shocked at all if we look back on this first round as that time we passed on James twice in order to select a 350lbs run stuffer...

We will be fine as long he is as advertised. What you and alot of guys are missing is he also has created alot of havoc on QBs, this frees up McCoy alot. No longer are the days of double teams for McCoy. I predict a career high in sacks for McCoy and JPP, and you won't need a player like james if your front 4 only give the qb 3sec to throw.

Vea will certainly get his opportunities to rush the passer as teams still pass on 1st and 2nd downs, but I'd be quite surprised if he's not lifted on obvious passing 3rd downs for Curry who in turn is replaced by Spence on the edge. That's all I'm saying. But I definitely understand the pick and like the pick to be clear.
real bucs fan

Postby MJW » Tue May 08, 2018 10:32 am

real bucs fan wrote:
BucaRican wrote:

Vea will certainly get his opportunities to rush the passer as teams still pass on 1st and 2nd downs, but I'd be quite surprised if he's not lifted on obvious passing 3rd downs for Curry who in turn is replaced by Spence on the edge. That's all I'm saying. But I definitely understand the pick and like the pick to be clear.

I would expect something like this also. Spence and JPP on the outside, McCoy and Curry inside, on obvious passing downs. I don't have the numbers in front of me but I know the Eagles used Curry that way a ton last year.

Another idea: A pseudo 3-4 look on passing downs, with Vea in the middle, McCoy at one end, and some combination of JPP/Spence/Curry off the edges. I wouldn't be surprised if Beckwith could be an effective inside nickel rusher as well.
MJW

Postby real bucs fan » Tue May 08, 2018 4:35 pm

MJW wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:Vea will certainly get his opportunities to rush the passer as teams still pass on 1st and 2nd downs, but I'd be quite surprised if he's not lifted on obvious passing 3rd downs for Curry who in turn is replaced by Spence on the edge. That's all I'm saying. But I definitely understand the pick and like the pick to be clear.

I would expect something like this also. Spence and JPP on the outside, McCoy and Curry inside, on obvious passing downs. I don't have the numbers in front of me but I know the Eagles used Curry that way a ton last year.

Another idea: A pseudo 3-4 look on passing downs, with Vea in the middle, McCoy at one end, and some combination of JPP/Spence/Curry off the edges. I wouldn't be surprised if Beckwith could be an effective inside nickel rusher as well.

What are your thoughts on the Jones selection? I know you've been adamant in your belief that good RBs can be had Day 3. Curious about how you feel about taking Jones at 38 and who the Day 3 RBs are that you would have preferred (wrong thread I know).
real bucs fan

Postby Caradoc » Tue May 08, 2018 4:40 pm

Hatter wrote:I know I'll be alone on this one but I don't think James is going to be the stud in the NFL like a lot of people think he will be.
Just a feeling.

You are far from alone.
Caradoc

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue May 08, 2018 4:42 pm

MJW wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:Vea will certainly get his opportunities to rush the passer as teams still pass on 1st and 2nd downs, but I'd be quite surprised if he's not lifted on obvious passing 3rd downs for Curry who in turn is replaced by Spence on the edge. That's all I'm saying. But I definitely understand the pick and like the pick to be clear.

Much rather see Vita next to McCoy on 3rd down than Curry. It's not like Curry is some top pass rushing presence that needs to be respected. We'd be doing offenses a favor.
Bootz2004

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue May 08, 2018 5:07 pm

Caradoc wrote:
Hatter wrote:I know I'll be alone on this one but I don't think James is going to be the stud in the NFL like a lot of people think he will be.
Just a feeling.

You are far from alone.

Don't die on that hill, guys. He has red flags, but he's not a bust just yet.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Teitan » Tue May 08, 2018 6:26 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
MJW wrote:

Much rather see Vita next to McCoy on 3rd down than Curry. It's not like Curry is some top pass rushing presence that needs to be respected. We'd be doing offenses a favor.

I agree. With our depth at DT, we shouldn’t see Curry anywhere but DE.
Teitan

Postby Caradoc » Tue May 08, 2018 6:52 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Caradoc wrote:

You are far from alone.

Don't die on that hill, guys. He has red flags, but he's not a bust just yet.

Never said he'd be a bust, just that he's not going to be the star people seem to think. There's a difference
Caradoc

Postby VauntedTampa2 » Tue May 08, 2018 7:45 pm

Lazy at times, lacks elite instincts, guesses a lot, tight hips, plays closer to the LOS more than not, and has dealt with injuries.

But damn, he sure is fast and strong!

If the dude loves the game, then he wouldn't be loafing on film so often.

Glad we passed. Go Vea.
VauntedTampa2

Postby VauntedTampa2 » Tue May 08, 2018 7:46 pm

If he played for any team outside the state of Florida, I think some opinions on this board would be a smidge different.
VauntedTampa2

Postby Cheb » Tue May 08, 2018 7:59 pm

VauntedTampa2 wrote:If he played for any team outside the state of Florida, I think some opinions on this board would be a smidge different.

Them's fighting words around here.

But you're totally right.
Cheb

Postby mdb1958 » Tue May 08, 2018 7:59 pm

Quit stompin your feet telling mommy you want a piece of candy! James aint on our team ------------------ get over it sheesh.
mdb1958

Postby VauntedTampa2 » Tue May 08, 2018 8:36 pm

Loafing is embarrassing to the sport.

Jeff Janis

Anyone think Vea will get any snaps over the center? We now have two DTs who can play a true 0 shade (Allen), and make that three if Stevie makes it.

Including the DEs, our DL is ******* beefy.
VauntedTampa2

Postby Hatter » Wed May 09, 2018 5:22 am

I would never say bust, I just don't feel he'll be great. I will happily admit if Im wrong after a couple years!
Hatter

Postby Buc2 » Wed May 09, 2018 8:27 am

Hatter wrote:I would never say bust, I just don't feel he'll be great. I will happily admit if Im wrong after a couple years!

Admitting you're wrong is enough. No need to be happy about it. :D
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby mdb1958 » Wed May 09, 2018 8:40 am

Before I even see him making plays for us (Vea), I think he would have made the Bronco defense better than he will the first year with us.

Why?
Easy, he has more to work with.

I dont see him as the finishing piece with us, we are going to have to add greatness into the mix with him. Fresh "greatness" if you will...

This group could surprise me and be a bunch of overachievers this year but still I look at it as short term. I hope we are blessed with the chance to add some super good talent around him in the next couple of years. Get ahead of the curve --- instead of constantly behind it.
mdb1958

Postby mdb1958 » Wed May 09, 2018 8:47 am

Do we want to be occupied or do we want to be the occupiers with plus skills?

In effect its already processed that we own the line of scrimmage, "what you got"?
mdb1958

Postby Heidguy » Wed May 09, 2018 9:05 am

mdb1958 wrote:Before I even see him making plays for us (Vea), I think he would have made the Bronco defense better than he will the first year with us.

Why?

I dont see him as the finishing piece with us, we are going to have to add greatness into the mix with him. Fresh "greatness" if you will...

This group could surprise me and be a bunch of overachievers this year but still I look at it as short term. I hope we are blessed with the chance to add some super good talent around him in the next couple of years. Get ahead of the curve --- instead of constantly behind it.

Holy ****, did mdb get hacked! This is the most comprehensive post I've seen him make in a while.
Heidguy

Postby mdb1958 » Wed May 09, 2018 9:15 am

Heidguy wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:Before I even see him making plays for us (Vea), I think he would have made the Bronco defense better than he will the first year with us.

Why?

Holy ****, did mdb get hacked! This is the most comprehensive post I've seen him make in a while.

Its called sleep/rest. 8.30AM is a pure blessing.
mdb1958

Postby Heidguy » Wed May 09, 2018 10:03 am

mdb1958 wrote:
Heidguy wrote:

LMAO!
Heidguy

Postby Bootz2004 » Wed May 09, 2018 10:26 am

mdb1958 wrote:
Heidguy wrote:

LMFAO!!
Bootz2004

Postby mdb1958 » Wed May 09, 2018 11:16 am

Go ahead muddy up the post of the week.
mdb1958

PreviousNext

Return to College Football/Draft Talk