The political version of LOW's weekly question

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: The political version of LOW's weekly question

Postby deltbucs » Wed May 02, 2018 10:14 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:It’s cause they don’t think it through...it sounds good on the surface but crosses that bridge that shouldn’t be crossed.

You don’t solve government intervention (welfare) by adding more government intervention (behavioral policies).

God forbid we ever go to a single payer system ... the progressives would use that same logic to mandate our behavior and take away even more freedoms when they start saying crap like “well since I’m paying for your healthcare I get to decide what you get to eat, what activities are too dangerous for you”, etc etc.

My point is it's not evil. It's literally what his base wants. It's a huge thing here. I think it's stupid and I've told people to their face it's a waste and it's pointless and I get back "you're a filthy liberal".

In a sense if that's what people are electing him for, I think he should do whatever he can to deliver on his promise, regardless if I agree with it.

I agree with both of you on this. And I don't think MB was saying that drug testing welfare recipients is evil. He was just trying to state another reason that Rick Scott is evil.
deltbucs

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed May 02, 2018 10:18 pm

(In case that’s how it came across)...Just to be clear, none of what I posted was in response to MBs posts but rather what USC posted, including my discussion of “evil” and “good intentioned”. I’m guessing MB and I (and USC) all agree that drug testing is not something that should be done.
Zarniwoop

Postby deltbucs » Wed May 02, 2018 10:25 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:(In case that’s how it came across)...Just to be clear, none of what I posted was in response to MBs posts but rather what USC posted, including my discussion of “evil” and “good intentioned”. I’m guessing MB and I (and USC) all agree that drug testing is not something that should be done.

Understood. My comment was directed at USC, because he's trying to argue that it's not evil and I don't think anyone is claiming that it's evil.
deltbucs

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed May 02, 2018 10:37 pm

The drug testing costs more than the "savings" the state gets for cutting of drug users.

Scott made money wasting taxpayer dollars. That's what I think is evil about it.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu May 03, 2018 9:51 am

Well I'm impressed with the general response in this thread...we had good opinions, some genuine follow up questions and observations. Let's hope next week's follows this same pattern...I've already got the theme picked out.

I'm going to try a second game here in a second...if it works, I'll keep it going...if it bombs I'll stop at one. My idea is to show that the vast majority of us are good people actually agree on lots of issues.
Zarniwoop

Postby deltbucs » Thu May 03, 2018 11:41 am

Zarniwoop wrote:My idea is to show that the vast majority of us are good people actually agree on lots of issues.

I like it. And I have to say that I appreciate the attitude that you'd been posting with recently in this forum. You and Outsider have done a great job being civil and unbiased with everyone and have helped keep this forum in general more civil and unbiased.
deltbucs

Postby The Outsider » Thu May 03, 2018 4:49 pm

deltbucs wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:My idea is to show that the vast majority of us are good people actually agree on lots of issues.

I like it. And I have to say that I appreciate the attitude that you'd been posting with recently in this forum. You and Outsider have done a great job being civil and unbiased with everyone and have helped keep this forum in general more civil and unbiased.

I dunno, I have my moments.
The Outsider

Previous

Return to Politics and Religion