Dez Bryant released

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Dez Bryant released

Postby Ken Carson » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:14 am

MJW wrote:
Naismith wrote:
If the Dolphins had offered Landry for Adams, the Packers would have laughed uproariously and hung up on them.

This...is completely true.

Landry is like Wes Welker. He's DAMN good at the thing he does, but he doesn't do a lot of other stuff that guys in this particular conversation are able to do.

And FWIW, the thing he does is really, really valuable. He's going to mean so much to the Cleveland offense. But you still need a #1 receiver to do #1 receiver things down the field.

I agree with all of that. I also think he is overpaid at $16m a year.
Ken Carson

Postby Ken Carson » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:20 pm

Ken Carson wrote:I will give you a chance to shut me up. Go and find me the WR who has done less with 400 career receptions than Jarvis Landry. If the name impresses me, I’ll never post about him again.

Still researching, rbf?
Ken Carson

Postby real bucs fan » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:43 pm

Ken Carson wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:I will give you a chance to shut me up. Go and find me the WR who has done less with 400 career receptions than Jarvis Landry. If the name impresses me, I’ll never post about him again.

Still researching, rbf?

He bang your wife or what? Just the fact he has 400+ receptions in 4 seasons puts him in elite company and proves my point.
real bucs fan

Postby Ken Carson » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:54 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:Still researching, rbf?

He bang your wife or what? Just the fact he has 400+ receptions in 4 seasons puts him in elite company and proves my point.

First off, classy using family members for insults. Pretty sleezy move.

Second, a simple “I can’t find anyone who did less with 400 receptions” would have sufficed.
Ken Carson

Postby real bucs fan » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:05 pm

Ken Carson wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:He bang your wife or what? Just the fact he has 400+ receptions in 4 seasons puts him in elite company and proves my point.

First off, classy using family members for insults. Pretty sleezy move.

Second, a simple “I can’t find anyone who did less with 400 receptions” would have sufficed.

Firstly, that wasn't personal, I don't even know if you're married, just wondering why you randomly hate Landry, it's a common expression...

But really. Can you name me all the guys in NFL history with 400 receptions in their first 4 years? And yes, there are guys who caught 400 footballs in their careers and never made the Pro Bowl, had less TDs, etc...
real bucs fan

Postby Ghostrap » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:14 pm

MikeC wrote:I wonder if he has enough left in the tank to command a good salary.

"Josh Norman says his rival Dez Bryant 'has a lot left in the tank'"

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/josh ... -the-tank/
There are people everywhere who want to be the only one to speak. So I just ignore them. Literally.
Ghostrap

Postby Caradoc » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:46 pm

Ghostrap wrote:
MikeC wrote:I wonder if he has enough left in the tank to command a good salary.

"Josh Norman says his rival Dez Bryant 'has a lot left in the tank'"

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/josh ... -the-tank/

But does he like the 3-4?
Caradoc

Postby Ken Carson » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:03 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:First off, classy using family members for insults. Pretty sleezy move.

Firstly, that wasn't personal, I don't even know if you're married, just wondering why you randomly hate Landry, it's a common expression...

But really. Can you name me all the guys in NFL history with 400 receptions in their first 4 years? And yes, there are guys who caught 400 footballs in their careers and never made the Pro Bowl, had less TDs, etc...

If I could find a single player in history that has more targets within 5 yards in their first five years, I could find a point of comparison. But I can’t.
Ken Carson

Postby Ghostrap » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:22 pm

Dez says he would love to remain in the same division. He says what the Cowboys did to him, it was personal.
There are people everywhere who want to be the only one to speak. So I just ignore them. Literally.
Ghostrap

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:26 pm

Ghostrap wrote:Dez says he would love to remain in the same division. He says what the Cowboys did to him, it was personal.

DreadNaught

Postby Patrick McIrish » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:44 am

Ken Carson bringing some HEAT!!!

Well done. Nice to see you recovering from your Aguayo thoughts a few years ago. :D

Couldn't agree more with you on Landry though, well said.

There are lot of quality players that are good, just not worth what they are making......

Players that offer little to no value in a sport with a salary cap are -EV for the roster.
Patrick McIrish

Postby Patrick McIrish » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:46 am

DreadNaught wrote:I agree with Ken on Landry in that he's overrated. He's certainly productive and good at what he does. I just don't think how he gets that production is worth the investment in salary cap sport.

He's not a threat beyond 10yds from the LOS relative to other WRs that get paid like him and you can find guys the are effective slot/short yardage WRs for way less than $15m a year. Landry isn't a gamebreaker that defenses gameplan during the week for where they make a effort to take him away. On they contrary they are likely content with him getting his 8 receptions for 80yds while staying in their regular defense.

In the end Landry just isn't a WR1. But he's a great compliment to an offense. Just an expensive one.

RRRRACK HIM!!!

Not sure how anyone can argue with this........
Patrick McIrish

Postby Ghostfap » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:43 pm

Time to sign Dez. Hes bettr than Humpreys and is gonna be cheaper by alot, he need to play cause he lost all his money partyin and need to play football so why not give Jameis more to throw at. Obvius.

Glazer should make me the general mangager, LOL
Ghostfap

Previous

Return to Team Discussions