Welcome Vinny Curry

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Welcome Vinny Curry

Postby Teitan » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:48 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:And where exactly am I advocating taking a RB at 7?

Let's keep this simple.

Nelson, Barkley, and Chubb are all sitting there at 7. Who would you draft?

He’s going to say Chubb to try to retain credibility.

It’d be a hard choice.. but, Chubb, Nelson, Barkley.
Teitan

Postby real bucs fan » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:51 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:

We all know you're the Barkley guy

You've spent the last month talking up Chubb and Nelson in order to say "called it" no matter what happens.

Firstly, Barkley ain't falling to 7.

Secondly, l-o-fucking-l

Heck just yesterday I posted to the board that I'd donate 100 bucks to charity if we drafted Nelson. So get the **** outta here...
real bucs fan

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:52 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:We all know you're the Barkley guy

You've spent the last month talking up Chubb and Nelson in order to say "called it" no matter what happens.

Firstly, Barkley ain't falling to 7.

Secondly, l-o-fucking-l

Heck just yesterday I posted to the board that I'd donate 100 bucks to charity if we drafted Nelson. So get the **** outta here...

Let's keep this simple.

Bootz2004

Postby real bucs fan » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:53 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:

Let's keep this simple.

I've consistently stated Chubb.
real bucs fan

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:54 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
Let's keep this simple.

I've consistently stated Chubb.

Until today apparently. Now we can wait until Day 2 and grab a guy to groom.
Bootz2004

Postby real bucs fan » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:55 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:I've consistently stated Chubb.

I never said I'd pass on Chubb because of Curry. I only said we now don't have to reach on a Davenport or a Landry.
real bucs fan

Postby real bucs fan » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:56 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
He's doing his thing again where he pumps up our signings so the pick can turn into a RB. Jensen allows us to pass on Quentin Nelson and now Curry allows us to pass on an edge rusher in the 1st. God forbid we sign a corner or safety.

Couldn't be more wrong.
real bucs fan

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:59 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:Couldn't be more wrong.

How so. Even if I'm to believe you wouldn't pass on Chubb fact remains you would pass on Nelson because of Jensen.
Bootz2004

Postby real bucs fan » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:02 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:

How so. Even if I'm to believe you wouldn't pass on Chubb fact remains you would pass on Nelson because of Jensen.

You said I have some sort of agenda to draft a RB at 7 when in reality I'm hoping for one on Day 2.
real bucs fan

Postby real bucs fan » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:05 pm

Also I was critical of the Jensen signing. What is it, ****ing amateur hour up in here?
real bucs fan

Postby real bucs fan » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:14 pm

You motherfuckers got quiet real fast!
real bucs fan

Postby Teitan » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:38 pm

real bucs fan wrote:You motherfuckers got quiet real fast!

It gets boring talking to a wall..
Teitan

Postby DreadNaught » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:42 pm

I'd be happy with any of the top 3. Chubb gets a slight edge based on need, but I won't be heartbroken in the least if we get Nelson or Barkley.

Prolly Nelson second for me. I just think he's that good compared to other Guards. Barkley is a stud also who I think will be dynamite, but this RB class is loaded.

We just need to address our defense and a prime EDGE prospect at 7 really sets up day 2 nice.
DreadNaught

Postby terrytate » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:42 pm

real bucs fan wrote:You motherfuckers got quiet real fast!

Because nothing of note is happening in this thread. This is the Vinny Curry thread. Everything that can be said has been said, all that remains are the pissing contests. If you and Bootz want to get wet, go nuts.
terrytate

Postby Jason Bourne » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:48 pm

DreadNaught wrote:I'd be happy with any of the top 3. Chubb gets a slight edge based on need, but I won't be heartbroken in the least if we get Nelson or Barkley.

Prolly Nelson second for me. I just think he's that good compared to other Guards. Barkley is a stud also who I think will be dynamite, but this RB class is loaded.

We just need to address our defense and a prime EDGE prospect at 7 really sets up day 2 nice.

Totally agree with this ... I do think Licht really wants Nelson
Jason Bourne

Postby Caradoc » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:54 pm

Chubb. Obvious choice is obvious.

After that, I could go with either Nelson or Fitz.

Nelson Pro: I'd love to develop a dominant OL, and that would do it. Give this team an identity. That would do a lot more than just improve a position/unit.

Fitz Pro: Elite prospect could argue he'd be in the BPA conversation there, but is a position of need as well.

Both players are likely to be long term foundational type players. Neither would necessarily be wrong, more a matter of taste/style. I just hope whatever decision they make, they don't do it for short-term, "reach to patch a hole now" reasons.
Caradoc

Postby terrytate » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:36 am

Caradoc wrote:Chubb. Obvious choice is obvious.

Nelson Pro: I'd love to develop a dominant OL, and that would do it. Give this team an identity. That would do a lot more than just improve a position/unit.

Fitz Pro: Elite prospect could argue he'd be in the BPA conversation there, but is a position of need as well.

Both players are likely to be long term foundational type players. Neither would necessarily be wrong, more a matter of taste/style. I just hope whatever decision they make, they don't do it for short-term, "reach to patch a hole now" reasons.

I don't think Minkah is going to be a corner in the NFL, therefore I do not want him at 7. If Chubb, Nelson and Barkley are all gone then one QB remains. I'd try my level best to Trade back. Failing that, I take Derwin James. On the assumption that both James and Fitz are safeties in the bigs, I prefer James. He's just as fast as Fitz, while being a taller, stronger and more physical presence. From what I've seen, he can cover just as well too.
terrytate

Postby real bucs fan » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:09 am

terrytate wrote:

I don't think Minkah is going to be a corner in the NFL, therefore I do not want him at 7. If Chubb, Nelson and Barkley are all gone then one QB remains. I'd try my level best to Trade back. Failing that, I take Derwin James. On the assumption that both James and Fitz are safeties in the bigs, I prefer James. He's just as fast as Fitz, while being a taller, stronger and more physical presence. From what I've seen, he can cover just as well too.

I'm close to this thinking as well. But I think if you do want a CB... you take Denzel Ward.
real bucs fan

Postby Caradoc » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:41 am

terrytate wrote:

I don't think he's a corner either. I think he's a hybrid safety and elite talent. I'm not kicking him down the list because of it. Don't outsmart yourself but getting too clever with "positional value". He's an elite prospect and will be a difference maker.

I liked James, but I'm not sure he's ever been or going to be the same after he got hurt.
Caradoc

Postby Cheb » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:44 am

terrytate wrote:

It's been said, and I agree, that Minkah is a slightly better Malcolm Jenkins. He may be a passable corner, but he could be an excellent safety.
Cheb

Postby Hatter » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:13 am

Thomas Bassinger

Thomas Bassinger Retweeted Greg Auman
Vinny Curry generated more pressure than Ezekiel Ansah last season. Curry’s 2018 guaranteed money: $6.5 million. Ansah’s: $17.1 million. #Bucs #Lions

Nice to know, hope he keeps that up!
Hatter

Postby PrimeMinister » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:01 am

Hatter wrote:

Thomas Bassinger

Vinny Curry generated more pressure than Ezekiel Ansah last season. Curry’s 2018 guaranteed money: $6.5 million. Ansah’s: $17.1 million. #Bucs #Lions

Stats like that just remind me of PFF superstar Michael Johnson.
PrimeMinister

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:07 am

PrimeMinister wrote:
Hatter wrote:

Exactly.

"Although you can't see it and it doesn't translate into tangible production or anything player X was really better than player Z".

Please. Don't try to tell me forcing 2nd & 10 is better than forcing 2nd & 17 or sack/strip/fumble recovery.
Bootz2004

Postby Buc2 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:14 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:

Exactly.

"Although you can't see it and it doesn't translate into tangible production or anything player X was really better than player Z".

Please. Don't try to tell me forcing 2nd & 10 is better than forcing 2nd & 17 or sack/strip/fumble recovery.

True. But it's better than the Bucs forcing a 2nd & 3.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:20 am

Buc2 wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
Exactly.

True. But it's better than the Bucs forcing a 2nd & 3.

Technically if the QB still makes a play after he's forced outside of the pocket that's applying pressure. Everyone here knows we don't need that. We need to get the QB down or at least force turnovers. If all Curry is good for here is forcing Cam Newton out of the pocket 5 times a game but each time Cam runs for 15 yards are we patting him on the back for applying pressure? Hell no.
Bootz2004

Postby Doctor » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:46 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

I never said I'd pass on Chubb because of Curry. I only said we now don't have to reach on a Davenport or a Landry.

To be fair that is true. He never did say passing on Chubbs and more than enough idiots here are all for reaching for a DE even if Chubbs is off the board. Davenport at 7 has been said by more than enough people and it would be a disappointingly shitty move. On a trade back, sure, but no way at 7. Way too much actual elite talent at 7.

Between Chubbs, Barkley, and Nelson it's a tough call but I can tell you that Chubbs is easily 3rd.
Doctor

Postby Super K » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:21 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Buc2 wrote:True. But it's better than the Bucs forcing a 2nd & 3.

Technically if the QB still makes a play after he's forced outside of the pocket that's applying pressure. Everyone here knows we don't need that. We need to get the QB down or at least force turnovers. If all Curry is good for here is forcing Cam Newton out of the pocket 5 times a game but each time Cam runs for 15 yards are we patting him on the back for applying pressure? Hell no.

And that, my friends, is why valuing "pressures" over sacks is ridiculous...

Well put Bootz..
Super K

Postby Nano » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:35 pm

Hatter wrote:

Thomas Bassinger

To be fair, Ansah wasn't that great last season. Very hot and cold. 9 of his 12 sacks came in 3 games(and 6 came in the final 2 weeks), and he disappeared for large stretches of the season(With next to no pressures when he did disappear). Not like it's a high bar.
Nano

Postby terrytate » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:15 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Buc2 wrote:True. But it's better than the Bucs forcing a 2nd & 3.

The sad thing is that if Curry can beat his man and force Cam to run from him 5 or more times a game, that would still be an upgrade.
terrytate

Postby MJW » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:51 pm

terrytate wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

The sad thing is that if Curry can beat his man and force Cam to run from him 5 or more times a game, that would still be an upgrade.

FORCING QBs to run would be a huge upgrade from them simply standing in the pocket, CHOOSING if they'd rather run or not.
MJW

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions