Bradley Chubb falls to 7?

Dedicated to College Football and Draft discussion.
Re: Bradley Chubb falls to 7?

Postby mdb1958 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:56 am

Cross our top three off right now, quit piddle footing around and get this thing figured out.
mdb1958

Postby Naismith » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:44 pm

Lots of dollars to be won! I'll bet a crisp one dollar bill vs anyone that wants that Barkley won't go #1. There's literally (figuratively) zero chance that happens.
Naismith

Postby beardmcdoug » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:45 pm

Naismith wrote:Lots of dollars to be won! I'll bet a crisp one dollar bill vs anyone that wants that Barkley won't go #1. There's literally (figuratively) zero chance that happens.

THAT WOULD BE AN INTERESTING BET, SOMEONE SHOULD TAKE IT - NOT ME THOUGH
Last edited by beardmcdoug on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
beardmcdoug

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:47 pm

Naismith wrote:Lots of dollars to be won! I'll bet a crisp one dollar bill vs anyone that wants that Barkley won't go #1. There's literally (figuratively) zero chance that happens.

Too rich for my blood.

Plus all my dollars are creased, smell like cheap perfume and are covered in glitter. :P
DreadNaught

Postby real bucs fan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:55 pm

Bootz hacked your account?
real bucs fan

Postby Super K » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:12 pm

DreadNaught wrote:

Too rich for my blood.

Plus all my dollars are creased, smell like cheap perfume and are covered in glitter. :P

Stop stealing Zarni's money...he needs it to buy his Apothic red wine...
Last edited by Super K on Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super K

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:12 pm

real bucs fan wrote:

Bootz doesnt make bets, bud.
Bootz2004

Postby Buc2 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:16 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:Bootz hacked your account?

Bootz doesnt make bets, bud.

But you do welch on them.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Naismith » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:17 pm

real bucs fan wrote:

No, I'd actually pay it off if I lost.
Naismith

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:28 pm

Naismith wrote:

BURN!
Mountaineer Buc

Postby real bucs fan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:29 pm

Naismith wrote:

I meant more in regards to using definitive language when making declarations that could go either way.
real bucs fan

Postby Buc2 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:36 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
Naismith wrote:

I meant more in regards to using definitive language when making declarations that could go either way.

I'm sure he knew what you meant. ****ing Canadians. Everything zipping over your heads. :D
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby real bucs fan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:51 pm

Buc2 wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:I meant more in regards to using definitive language when making declarations that could go either way.

I'm sure he knew what you meant. ****ing Canadians. Everything zipping over your heads. :D

Eh dere bud, eats ow we due sings oop ear in dee nort
real bucs fan

Postby Buc2 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:53 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
Buc2 wrote:I'm sure he knew what you meant. ****ing Canadians. Everything zipping over your heads. :D

Eh dere bud, eats ow we due sings oop ear in dee nort

Ha!
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Naismith » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:12 pm

I also don’t believe it can go either way. I’ve been wrong before, maybe, don’t remember.
Naismith

Postby Alpha » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:35 pm

I know...I get it...I want these guys too.

NFL execs aren't ****ing stupid...except maybe the Browns...

Barkley, Chubb and Nelson are the top 3, non-QB prospects in this draft. This is fairly obvious to most of us (thus CLEARLY obvious to NFL talent evaluators).

These 3 are NOT going to be available at #7. And IF 4 QB's are taken in the top 6...I'll eat my shoes.

Can we just stop with the non-sense and move on to AVAILABLE prospects? That would be nice.

Fitzpatrick at 7. Maybe Ward (or whoever the consensus top CB prospect is). Barring a trade-down...I'd hate to see us reach for some 2nd rate DE prospect or RB. At 7, you're likely to find the top rated prospect at a given position. Unfortunately, this year, the draft is weak in many positions that would significantly improve this team. It happens. No need to reach for a position of perceived need.
Alpha

Postby MJW » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:45 pm

The Broncos signing Keenum basically means there's between a zero and zero percent chance of Chubb being there at #7 IMHO.
MJW

Postby Naismith » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:50 pm

MJW wrote:The Broncos signing Keenum basically means there's between a zero and zero percent chance of Chubb being there at #7 IMHO.

I don't think the Keenum signing changes much. The Broncos will still take a QB at five if the one they like is there. They've made a small commitment to Keenum.
Naismith

Postby real bucs fan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:10 pm

I think the Broncos trade down or take Nelson.
real bucs fan

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:15 pm

MJW wrote:The Broncos signing Keenum basically means there's between a zero and zero percent chance of Chubb being there at #7 IMHO.

Broncos have Miller and Ray.

Keenum is on a short term deal and not the QBOTF. Atleast not yet.

Broncos have holes at Guard, Tackle, RB to name a few spots.

I'd bet they take a QB or Nelson before Chubb.
DreadNaught

Postby Alpha » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:31 am

There was a ZERO % chance he was there...REGARDLESS of what the Broncos do!

Why is this so difficult to understand?

UNLESS hell freezes over and 4...FOUR...QB's are chosen in the top 6...those 3 guys are ****ing GONE. They are the ONLY top 3 prospects and it isn't even a debate.

Move on...this is getting redundant and absurd.
Alpha

Postby terrytate » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:05 am

Alpha wrote:

UNLESS hell freezes over and 4...FOUR...QB's are chosen in the top 6...those 3 guys are ****ing GONE. They are the ONLY top 3 prospects and it isn't even a debate.

So you are 100% certain that those 4 QBs plus Chubb, Nelson and Barkley will be gone before we pick?
terrytate

Postby MJW » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:05 am

terrytate wrote:
Alpha wrote:

So you are 100% certain that those 4 QBs plus Chubb, Nelson and Barkley will be gone before we pick?

I think if you're talking about a scheme versatile pass rusher with game-taking-over ability and a nonstop motor, yeah. There is no scheme or roster that wouldn't be better with him on it. It seemed pie in the sky that he wouldn't have been one of the top two non-quarterbacks taken. Now that the Broncos are probably out of the QB derby, you can't feel good about THREE non-quarterbacks going before us who aren't Chubb.

Seems like it's going to be Nelson or Fitzpatrick in Tampa.
MJW

Postby mdb1958 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:10 am

I would think trade ups into the top would be quite expensive this year. Your either giving up your qb pick or a premium high value pick.
mdb1958

Postby Deja Entendu » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:50 am

I have a feeling he's going #1 overall. At least it'll kill the false-hope quickly.
Deja Entendu

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:44 am

Alpha wrote:

Why do think it's so unlikely that 4 QBs go top 6? I'm not saying it will happen, but I don't think anyone (other than you perhaps) would be shocked if it did. I'll say this, the odds are way better 4 QBs go top 6 than only 2.

Most people expect 3 (Darnold-Rosen-Allen) of these QBs will go very early. So all it would take is for a team like the Broncos or Jets to like Baker Mayfield.

The Jets have no QBOTF since both Bridgewater and McClown are on 1yr contracts. The Broncos have Keenum on a short 2yr deal with only next season guaranteed.

We all like Chubb here, but he isn't some Clowney/Mack/Garrett type of EDGE prospect. Not even close. His 3-cone is a red flag when you compare him to similar type of prospects and while I think his floor is pretty high, there is a better chance he's a 8-9 sack/yr guy at best that has to win effort that the type player who racks up 15+ sacks. Unfortunately the Bucs are desperate for even that 8-9 sacks/yr type of DE right now though.

Tbh, Harold Landry is the best pure EDGE rusher in this class imo and 5 years from now I'd bet he's the most productive when it comes to sacks and pressures.

I just think you're overestimating Chubb's draft stock and underestimating the potential for these QBs to come off the board early with such BOLD proclamations is all. You might be right, but it's not a slam dunk imo and I wouldn't be surprised if this thread is bumped post draft.
DreadNaught

Postby Naismith » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:05 am

I fully expect there to be four QBs gone in the top six. Ben Allbright has been reporting for a while that Broncos Plan A was Cousins, Plan B was Keenum and Baker Mayfield. Browns are going QB at 1. Giants likely are going QB at 2. Colts trade out with Bills. If Giants don't go QB at 2, Browns at 4 is another trade up spot for QB. Mayfield to Broncos at 5. If QB didn't go at 2 or 4, Jets at 6 are in play for a QB. I think it's more likely than not that four go in the top six.
Naismith

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:09 am

Naismith wrote:I fully expect there to be four QBs gone in the top six. Ben Allbright has been reporting for a while that Broncos Plan A was Cousins, Plan B was Keenum and Baker Mayfield. Browns are going QB at 1. Giants likely are going QB at 2. Colts trade out with Bills. If Giants don't go QB at 2, Browns at 4 is another trade up spot for QB. Mayfield to Broncos at 5. If QB didn't go at 2 or 4, Jets at 6 are in play for a QB. I think it's more likely than not that four go in the top six.

there's a few ways to get there, but I do think it's highly probable that you are correct.

The remaining question is who among the non-QB's will be there at 7.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Deuce » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:17 am

Alpha wrote:

This guy has never watched the draft before.
Deuce

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:22 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Naismith wrote:I fully expect there to be four QBs gone in the top six. Ben Allbright has been reporting for a while that Broncos Plan A was Cousins, Plan B was Keenum and Baker Mayfield. Browns are going QB at 1. Giants likely are going QB at 2. Colts trade out with Bills. If Giants don't go QB at 2, Browns at 4 is another trade up spot for QB. Mayfield to Broncos at 5. If QB didn't go at 2 or 4, Jets at 6 are in play for a QB. I think it's more likely than not that four go in the top six.

there's a few ways to get there, but I do think it's highly probable that you are correct.

The remaining question is who among the non-QB's will be there at 7.

I agree with Alpha that the top 3 non-QBs are clearly Barkley-Chubb-Nelson (in no particular order). I think most agree with that tbh. While Chubb plays the most premium position, the other two are likely higher graded prospects and considered the best at their position in many years.

I can see QBs going 1-2-3-4 in this draft as teams will be jockeying into those 3rd and 4th spots to ensure they don't miss out. If the Broncos want Mayfield I think they better call Cleveland and move from 5 to 4 so that the Browns to let someone else trade up to that 4th spot.
DreadNaught

PreviousNext

Return to College Football/Draft Talk