***OFFICIAL Tampa Bay Lightning 2017-18 NHL Season Thread!**

A place to discuss MLB, NBA, and other sports.
Re: ***OFFICIAL Tampa Bay Lightning 2017-18 NHL Season Threa

Postby Swashy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:37 am

Jason Bourne wrote:nice .. I think its funny how all these others want to jump in, actually i thought alpha was a little amusing . but carry on :smokingpimp:

It's not wanting to jump in LB. It's that you got it in your head that you somehow had testicular fortitude to take on the entire board. Do us a favor and just keep swinging from Sergachev's sack. It might be the closest you get to having a pair tough guy.
Swashy

Postby Jason Bourne » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:43 am

Swashy wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:nice .. I think its funny how all these others want to jump in, actually i thought alpha was a little amusing . but carry on :smokingpimp:

It's not wanting to jump in LB. It's that you got it in your head that you somehow had testicular fortitude to take on the entire board. Do us a favor and just keep swinging from Sergachev's sack. It might be the closest you get to having a pair tough guy.

no its not letting 1 guy have an argument, its jumping on like a bunch of 12 year olds. I didnt take on the entire board . my discussion was with alpha, then with you. the others came looking for me.

but hey keep talking tough there kid.Im sure your butt buddies will defend you.
Jason Bourne

Postby Teitan » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:04 am

Teitan

Postby Jason Bourne » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:44 am

Teitan wrote:Image

nope
Jason Bourne

Postby Buc2 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:44 am

Jason Bourne wrote:
Swashy wrote:

no its not letting 1 guy have an argument, its jumping on like a bunch of 12 year olds. I didnt take on the entire board . my discussion was with alpha, then with you. the others came looking for me.

If you want to have a private conversation, then use the PM feature. Otherwise, stop your whining.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Jason Bourne » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:00 pm

Buc2 wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:

If you want to have a private conversation, then use the PM feature. Otherwise, stop your whining.

wasnt really whining, nice talk tho . what are you 12 yrs old ?
Jason Bourne

Postby Buc2 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:26 pm

Jason Bourne wrote:
Buc2 wrote:If you want to have a private conversation, then use the PM feature. Otherwise, stop your whining.

...asks the guy that went on a little bitch rant.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Jason Bourne » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:28 pm

Buc2 wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:

...asks the guy that went on a little bitch rant.

says the guy who is still bitching for some reason or another...

figured you would be happy, i apologized like you suggested... but noooo . whatever
Jason Bourne

Postby pewterpirates » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:56 pm

As I said back in late December here ...

pewterpirates wrote:We're going to be playing a LOT of road games the next two months. Not only do we have a five-game road trip from Dec. 31-Jan. 7, but then we have a LOOOOOOOOOONG road trip coming up at the end of January. We play eight road games (no home games) from Jan. 20-Feb. 5. That's going to be a brutal stretch. At Minnesota, Chicago, Nashville, Philly, Winnipeg, Calgary, Vancouver and Edmonton. Chicago and Nashville are on a back-to-back (Jan. 22-23), and stretching it out, we play the Wild, Hawks, Preds and Flyers in a 6-day stretch.

If we can make it from now until early February still with a good lead in the division/conference and still relatively healthy, THEN I'll feel really good about things. But that's going to be a brutal stretch.

... we had a brutal stretch coming up. Now it's over & time for a quick recap.

Those six weeks were pretty harsh at times. Before that stretch, we were 27-8-2. Now that our insane January/early February schedule is over — where we played 15 road games & only five home games — we're 38-16-3. We went 11-8-1 in that span. Not bad considering all of the road games and a few back-to-backs. But what makes it seem worse is how well Boston and Toronto have been playing in that same stretch; they're right on our heels. The division title & No. 1 seed is now a wide open race (obviously).

Adding onto that, what makes things feel worse also is how bad we've LOOKED, even in most of our wins, over the past month. It's just nowhere near the same 'feel' and 'look' as the first three months of the season.

We definitely need to add some defensive help. Even during our awesome 27-8-2 start, we were depending too much on Vasy. And it's been twice as bad the last six weeks.
pewterpirates

Postby Jason Bourne » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:12 pm

pewterpirates wrote:As I said back in late December here ...

pewterpirates wrote:We're going to be playing a LOT of road games the next two months. Not only do we have a five-game road trip from Dec. 31-Jan. 7, but then we have a LOOOOOOOOOONG road trip coming up at the end of January. We play eight road games (no home games) from Jan. 20-Feb. 5. That's going to be a brutal stretch. At Minnesota, Chicago, Nashville, Philly, Winnipeg, Calgary, Vancouver and Edmonton. Chicago and Nashville are on a back-to-back (Jan. 22-23), and stretching it out, we play the Wild, Hawks, Preds and Flyers in a 6-day stretch.

If we can make it from now until early February still with a good lead in the division/conference and still relatively healthy, THEN I'll feel really good about things. But that's going to be a brutal stretch.

... we had a brutal stretch coming up. Now it's over & time for a quick recap.

Those six weeks were pretty harsh at times. Before that stretch, we were 27-8-2. Now that our insane January/early February schedule is over — where we played 15 road games & only five home games — we're 38-16-3. We went 11-8-1 in that span. Not bad considering all of the road games and a few back-to-backs. But what makes it seem worse is how well Boston and Toronto have been playing in that same stretch; they're right on our heels. The division title & No. 1 seed is now a wide open race (obviously).

Adding onto that, what makes things feel worse also is how bad we've LOOKED, even in most of our wins, over the past month. It's just nowhere near the same 'feel' and 'look' as the first three months of the season.

We definitely need to add some defensive help. Even during our awesome 27-8-2 start, we were depending too much on Vasy. And it's been twice as bad the last six weeks.

yep agreed, they better come out flying against Detroit on thursday. that game should be a real battle between 2 teams that don't like each other.
Jason Bourne

Postby Buc2 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:36 pm

I don't know about the players not liking each other, but I do know that the Detroit fans (at least the few I know) are still mad Yzerman left to be Tampa's GM. I guess they just assumed he'd wait around there forever to be offered the Red Wings GM job. Too bad for them.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby pewterpirates » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:26 pm

Buc2 wrote:I don't know about the players not liking each other, but I do know that the Detroit fans (at least the few I know) are still mad Yzerman left to be Tampa's GM. I guess they just assumed he'd wait around there forever to be offered the Red Wings GM job. Too bad for them.

It's so awesome. I love it. Every time the Bolts & Wings play, Twitter is full of salty Detroit fans crying about Yzerman. There's still a fraction of them who believe he'll leave Tampa & join Detroit any day. :lol:
pewterpirates

Postby Buc2 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:51 pm

pewterpirates wrote:
Buc2 wrote:I don't know about the players not liking each other, but I do know that the Detroit fans (at least the few I know) are still mad Yzerman left to be Tampa's GM. I guess they just assumed he'd wait around there forever to be offered the Red Wings GM job. Too bad for them.

It's so awesome. I love it. Every time the Bolts & Wings play, Twitter is full of salty Detroit fans crying about Yzerman. There's still a fraction of them who believe he'll leave Tampa & join Detroit any day. :lol:

And thanks for getting this thread back on track.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Jason Bourne » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:06 pm

pewterpirates wrote:

Yep and #8 abdelkater is usually where trouble begins

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CNzAKJU6Tm0
Jason Bourne

Postby Alpha » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:23 pm

Jason Bourne wrote:
pewterpirates wrote:

That motherfucker can suck my sack.

Outside of Marchand...he's #2 on my Most Hated list. With a bullet.

That said...he's not as outwardly dirty as Marchand.

I don't think it'll happen because these games against are usually so close...but I'd LOVE to see the Lightning come out angry tomorrow night and put up a 7 spot on those dickheads.
Alpha

Postby Alpha » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:26 pm

pewterpirates wrote:

The funniest part...you should watch TSN out of Toronto. They feed into it soooo damn much. It's almost like they're doing it on purpose.

Recently (within the last 2-3 weeks), they had ANOTHER show on how Detroit needs to tear it down and bring back Yzerman. It wasn't nearly their first, either.

I think their guys get their jolly's on making DET Fan all riled up...
Alpha

Postby Alpha » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:27 am

WTF is going on here? I'm ASSUMING this is just "trade talk". Trust in Yzerman...but I've been following many teams sites:

The most recent was the Ranger website...where they're talking about 5-7 assets for McDonough.

Are you ****ing kidding me!?

They're talking about MULTIPLE draft picks, MULTIPLE prospects AND roster players! And these ass-hats sound like they seriously think that this is a possibility...and rational.

LMFAO!

I'm DYING to see what transpires...
Alpha

Postby Jason Bourne » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:39 am

Alpha wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:

That motherfucker can suck my sack.

Outside of Marchand...he's #2 on my Most Hated list. With a bullet.

That said...he's not as outwardly dirty as Marchand.

I don't think it'll happen because these games against are usually so close...but I'd LOVE to see the Lightning come out angry tomorrow night and put up a 7 spot on those dickheads.

cant stand abdelkater,I remember when brian boyle did his chicken dance when abdelkater refused to fight him.Hope Dotchin beats the **** out of him.
Jason Bourne

Postby Jason Bourne » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:41 am

Alpha wrote:WTF is going on here? I'm ASSUMING this is just "trade talk". Trust in Yzerman...but I've been following many teams sites:

The most recent was the Ranger website...where they're talking about 5-7 assets for McDonough.

They're talking about MULTIPLE draft picks, MULTIPLE prospects AND roster players! And these ass-hats sound like they seriously think that this is a possibility...and rational.

LMFAO!

something is definitly gonna happen, but i trust Yzerman. He will probably end up raping them lol
Jason Bourne

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:23 am

Sergachev for McDonagh.
real bucs fan

Postby Jason Bourne » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:26 am

real bucs fan wrote:Sergachev for McDonagh.

weak, do better

(bucs will not draft a rb this year)
Jason Bourne

Postby pewterpirates » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:43 pm

Alpha wrote:WTF is going on here? I'm ASSUMING this is just "trade talk". Trust in Yzerman...but I've been following many teams sites:

LMFAO!

Yeah, trust in Yzerman ... but if we gave up 1 pick, 1 prospect & 1 roster player for McDonough, that'd be too much for my liking. I'd rather overpay for Karlsson than overpay for McD.
pewterpirates

Postby pewterpirates » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:01 pm

Ok ... Brayden Point is not practicing today & I've also read reports that Karlsson isn't practicing either. Not saying that means anything, but I guess it's something to keep an eye on. I'd figure Point would be untouchable.
pewterpirates

Postby Jason Bourne » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:12 pm

pewterpirates wrote:Ok ... Brayden Point is not practicing today & I've also read reports that Karlsson isn't practicing either. Not saying that means anything, but I guess it's something to keep an eye on. I'd figure Point would be untouchable.

I would hope point is untouchable.. hopefully just coincidence
Jason Bourne

Postby Alpha » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:35 pm

pewterpirates wrote:Ok ... Brayden Point is not practicing today & I've also read reports that Karlsson isn't practicing either. Not saying that means anything, but I guess it's something to keep an eye on. I'd figure Point would be untouchable.

Where did you read this?

I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to it...we have a BUNCH of forwards coming up (Stevens, Howden, etc.)...but that's a BIG piece. I'd be very curious as to what else would be involved in that deal...
Alpha

Postby Swashy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:46 pm

Karlsson is playing tonight. Don't read too much into it
Swashy

Postby pewterpirates » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:54 pm

Alpha wrote:

Where did you read this?

I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to it...we have a BUNCH of forwards coming up (Stevens, Howden, etc.)...but that's a BIG piece. I'd be very curious as to what else would be involved in that deal...

Twitter, but it looks like just a coincidence.
pewterpirates

Postby Alpha » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:57 pm

Swashy wrote:Karlsson is playing tonight. Don't read too much into it

And Point is scheduled to as well.

Please keep the Twitter gossip rumors to a minimum.

Let's please use reputable sources.

#fakenews
Alpha

Postby Alpha » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:04 pm

Jason Bourne wrote:

Here's the thing though...in regards to ANY potential trade:

We have offensive assets to give. We have maybe ONE defensive asset. Hajek...and he's probably 2 years away. Our best defensive prospects are already here (Sustr and Koekkoek).

That should tell you how bare the cabinet is. And I'm excluding Sergachev...I just don't foresee a scenario where Yzerman would let him go...even for Karlsson.

On the other hand, we are friggin' LOADED with offensive prospects. A couple (minimum) of whom will be here next year (most likely). Thus, it's entirely likely that any trade, if one were to happen, would include a Point-type of player/prospect. I would say Namestikov but I don't think he has much trade value other than his versatility.

Just prepare yourself in advance and don't freak out if it were to happen.
Alpha

Postby Jason Bourne » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:34 pm

Alpha wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:

Here's the thing though...in regards to ANY potential trade:

We have offensive assets to give. We have maybe ONE defensive asset. Hajek...and he's probably 2 years away. Our best defensive prospects are already here (Sustr and Koekkoek).

That should tell you how bare the cabinet is. And I'm excluding Sergachev...I just don't foresee a scenario where Yzerman would let him go...even for Karlsson.

On the other hand, we are friggin' LOADED with offensive prospects. A couple (minimum) of whom will be here next year (most likely). Thus, it's entirely likely that any trade, if one were to happen, would include a Point-type of player/prospect. I would say Namestikov but I don't think he has much trade value other than his versatility.

Just prepare yourself in advance and don't freak out if it were to happen.

right on , I have seen tyler johnson's and koekoek's names in the rumour mill.Hopefully not point or sergachev. we will see
Jason Bourne

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports