** Official TV Show Thread **

General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Postby Zarniwoop » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:36 am

Astrid
Zarniwoop

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:53 am

I kind of stopped watching TV sans football. But I started watching "The Crown" on Netflix. Very good addictive show!
Bootz2004

Postby Buc2 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:27 pm

EastBayBucsFan wrote:Vikings has been really good this season. Some really good battle scenes in England in this week's episode. I can't decide who's hotter, Lagertha or Astrid.

Tough question.

Lagertha / Katheryn Winnick

Astrid / Josefin Asplund

Both
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Zarniwoop » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:23 pm

Anyone watch Wormwood on Netflix?

Watched the first episode and I’m not sure what to think of it
Zarniwoop

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:02 pm

Buc2 wrote:Maybe you should give Netflix's, Dark, a go, beard. I wasn't sure I liked it. Next thing I knew, I was 4 episodes in.
It's definitely a dark series, but strangely compelling as well. Makes me keep watching.

I gave up on Wormwood half way through episode 2.

So I took your advice and started this. I’m really liking it
Zarniwoop

Postby Phantom Phenom » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:10 pm

They need another season of Big Mouth. **** was comedy
Phantom Phenom

Postby Buc2 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:21 pm

Current favorites...

Vikings
Knightfall
The Good Place
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:53 pm

I might have to check out Vikings.

Recently watched Manhunt (The Unibomber story), It was 8 episodes and very binge-worthy imo. I was a teenager when all that was going on so never really knew the whole story. But I thought it was a good 8 part series. Never knew that Ted Kaczynski was an intellectual and had a rhyme and reason to his acts of terrorism.

Just started 'The Man in the High Castle' on Amz Prime. For those not familiar it's based on a popular novel that takes place in an alternate ending of WW2 where the Nazis and Japs..enese won and have totalitarian rule of the (former) USA. I've enjoyed it thus far.

Looking forward to Gotham coming back in March.
DreadNaught

Postby Buc2 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:14 pm

The Alienist, based on the novel by Caleb Carr, is a limited run series on TNT. Just watched the 1st episode. Pretty good I think. Especially if you like historical fiction.

The Alienist opens when a series of haunting, gruesome murders of boy prostitutes grips New York City in 1896. Using the emerging disciplines of psychology and early forensic investigation techniques, this band of social outsiders set out to find and apprehend one of New York City's first serial killers.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby IchabodCrane84 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:07 pm

DreadNaught wrote:I might have to check out Vikings.

Recently watched Manhunt (The Unibomber story), It was 8 episodes and very binge-worthy imo. I was a teenager when all that was going on so never really knew the whole story. But I thought it was a good 8 part series. Never knew that Ted Kaczynski was an intellectual and had a rhyme and reason to his acts of terrorism.

Just started 'The Man in the High Castle' on Amz Prime. For those not familiar it's based on a popular novel that takes place in an alternate ending of WW2 where the Nazis and Japs..enese won and have totalitarian rule of the (former) USA. I've enjoyed it thus far.

Manhunt was great. Same boat, I was a teenager and really didn't follow it as it was happening. It was captivating, and forgivable when they ramped up some of the drama for TV. Highly recommended.

The way I came to watch it was I told my buddy to watch Mindhunter. He comes back thanking me telling me Manhunt was awesome, and I'm like you mean Mindhunter and he's like no I'm pretty sure its Manhunt, so I checked it out and was enthralled.
IchabodCrane84

Postby Kress » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:49 pm

For a good sitcom comedy, Mom is pretty good. But I'm a guy who liked King of Queens, and Everybody loves Raymond. So there's that.
Kress

Postby EastBayBucsFan » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:45 am

Just finished Black Mirror, really good series once you get past the first episode with the pig. I hope they do more. I love the episodes where you give everyone you meet a 1-5 star rating, and the one with the mechanical guard dogs. Those dogs were bad ass!

Yes there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on
EastBayBucsFan

Postby Buc2 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:07 pm

EastBayBucsFan wrote:Just finished Black Mirror, really good series once you get past the first episode with the pig. I hope they do more. I love the episodes where you give everyone you meet a 1-5 star rating, and the one with the mechanical guard dogs. Those dogs were bad ass!

I just started season 2 of this series. I don't watch them all at once but go back to them every so often. It's kinda in the mold of The Twilight Zone.

Spoiler:
I just watched the one where they punished the girl who was complicit in the murder of a little girl she helpted kidnap by making her think people were after her while other people just kept recording her on their cell phones instead of trying to help her. Then it turns out that everything she experienced was staged and they kept making her go through it over and over again by using some memory erasing technique. That was pretty fucked up.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Super K » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:15 am

Buc2 wrote:
EastBayBucsFan wrote:Just finished Black Mirror, really good series once you get past the first episode with the pig. I hope they do more. I love the episodes where you give everyone you meet a 1-5 star rating, and the one with the mechanical guard dogs. Those dogs were bad ass!

I just started season 2 of this series. I don't watch them all at once but go back to them every so often. It's kinda in the mold of The Twilight Zone.

Spoiler:
I just watched the one where they punished the girl who was complicit in the murder of a little girl she helpted kidnap by making her think people were after her while other people just kept recording her on their cell phones instead of trying to help her. Then it turns out that everything she experienced was staged and they kept making her go through it over and over again by using some memory erasing technique. That was pretty fucked up.

LOVE Black Mirror! Our oldest son turned us on to it last year I think...we binged all 3 seasons in a weekend..

Unfortunately season 4, which just came out, doesn't live up to its predecessors imo..I was kind of bumbed...

Some decent episodes...but nothing that blew or twisted your mind...
Super K

Postby MJW » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:38 am

Favorite Black Mirror Episodes:

Nosedive. We're halfway there already.
Shut Up And Dance. Gave me nightmares.
Hang The DJ. Because it was interesting to think about relationships in that way.
The Waldo Moment. I first saw it Pre-Trump, then I watched it again Post-Trump, and it was a fascinating contrast.
White Christmas. It was just a lot of fun and I like Jon Hamm.
MJW

Postby Buc2 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:06 pm

MJW wrote:Favorite Black Mirror Episodes:

Nosedive. We're halfway there already.
Shut Up And Dance. Gave me nightmares.
Hang The DJ. Because it was interesting to think about relationships in that way.
The Waldo Moment. I first saw it Pre-Trump, then I watched it again Post-Trump, and it was a fascinating contrast.
White Christmas. It was just a lot of fun and I like Jon Hamm.

Watched the Waldo one last night. A-1 stuff there.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Zarniwoop » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:08 pm

I’ll have to watch again, I watched a couple a while ago and wasn’t very impressed.
Zarniwoop

Postby real bucs fan » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:47 pm

My fav Black Mirror episodes have to be

1. The Entire History of You
2. Fifteen Million Merits
3. Nosedive
4. Hang The DJ
5. Arkangel
real bucs fan

Postby PrimeMinister » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:20 pm

Marvel’s The Runaways had a good first season. It was our favorite new show the past few months.

Black Lightning is far better than expected and enjoyable right now.
PrimeMinister

Postby Buc2 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:17 am

real bucs fan wrote:My fav Black Mirror episodes have to be

1. The Entire History of You
2. Fifteen Million Merits
3. Nosedive
4. Hang The DJ
5. Arkangel

The one I watched last night, Hated in the Nation, is now one of my favorites.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:08 am

IchabodCrane84 wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:I might have to check out Vikings.

Manhunt was great. Same boat, I was a teenager and really didn't follow it as it was happening. It was captivating, and forgivable when they ramped up some of the drama for TV. Highly recommended.

The way I came to watch it was I told my buddy to watch Mindhunter. He comes back thanking me telling me Manhunt was awesome, and I'm like you mean Mindhunter and he's like no I'm pretty sure its Manhunt, so I checked it out and was enthralled.

Did you read the 'Unibomber Manifesto' - Industrial Society and Its Future?

Pretty prophetic stuff.
DreadNaught

Postby IchabodCrane84 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:21 am

DreadNaught wrote:
IchabodCrane84 wrote:

Did you read the 'Unibomber Manifesto' - Industrial Society and Its Future?

Pretty prophetic stuff.

I have not, but I definitely want to.
IchabodCrane84

Postby real bucs fan » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:29 am

Mindhunter was tremendous if any of you haven't watched that yet. Just have to get to episode 2 where they start interviewing the killers. Amazing stuff.
real bucs fan

Postby PrimeMinister » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:38 am

real bucs fan wrote:Mindhunter was tremendous if any of you haven't watched that yet. Just have to get to episode 2 where they start interviewing the killers. Amazing stuff.

Mindhunter is a slow burning show that pays off big time. The killer they interview starting in episode 2 is enigmatic. He makes the show work and begins to payoff your patience.
PrimeMinister

Postby real bucs fan » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:42 am

PrimeMinister wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:Mindhunter was tremendous if any of you haven't watched that yet. Just have to get to episode 2 where they start interviewing the killers. Amazing stuff.

Mindhunter is a slow burning show that pays off big time. The killer they interview starting in episode 2 is enigmatic. He makes the show work and begins to payoff your patience.

Agreed, every once in a while you find a great show, and Mindhunter was one for me.

Another one, a bit more under the radar, is the british detective series "River". 6 episodes, but it will hook you so make sure you have a full evening free to binge them all.
real bucs fan

Postby Zarniwoop » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:12 pm

Watched first episode of Altered Carbon. Good enough to get me to watch episode 2
Zarniwoop

Postby MJW » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:16 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:Watched first episode of Altered Carbon. Good enough to get me to watch episode 2

I loved the books so much that I'm nervous to watch the show.
MJW

Postby IchabodCrane84 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:15 am

MJW wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:Watched first episode of Altered Carbon. Good enough to get me to watch episode 2

I loved the books so much that I'm nervous to watch the show.

I have high hopes for the show because I want to see Kinnaman succeed in a role. He was fantastic in the Killing, but hasn't been right for any other project he's been in.
IchabodCrane84

Postby Fiasco » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:07 pm

La Casa De Papel
Fiasco

Postby PrimeMinister » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:26 pm

Just started This is Us. 3 episodes in and everyone was right: this is a damn good show
PrimeMinister

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic