Poll: Should marijuana be legalized?

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Should marijuana be legalized?

Yes
92%
Yes, but only for medical purposes
No votes
No
4%
No, but decriminalize for possession of small amounts (i.e. 1 gram or less)
4%

Total votes : 48

Re: Poll: Should marijuana be legalized?

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:48 pm

Noles1724 wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:The black market does still exist in legal states but it's minuscule compared to beforehand. It's basically just a few people who don't want to pay the tax. But once the overwhelming majority of people visit a dispensary they are not going back to buying weed on the street, even if they can get it for a bit cheaper.

In the dispensary everything is tested and labeled. You know the exact of amount of THC and terpenes in the product. You don't have to worry about being robbed, ripped off or busted. And probably most important, you are purchasing a quality product as the plants are well cared for.

I get nauseous just thinking about that brick weed smuggled in from Mexico that I used to smoke in college, nothing but a bag full of seeds.

Honestly I don't think that weed exists anymore..i can't find **** weed anymore if I tried.

And the black market does still exists. My brother moved out to CO, bought two plots of 45 acres, built two green houses.. the whole 9 yards... anyways my point is, based on what I've been told, by knowledgeable people, black market is still there... just a different variation

You want Mexican brick? Go to WV. That **** is so dried out my idiot brother was taking hits every 30 minutes.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:59 pm

The **** I got tho is from Hawaii.

2 hits and good for the evening.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Brazen331 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:44 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:The **** I got tho is from Hawaii.

2 hits and good for the evening.

For sleep, you want something that is high in Myrcene, a terpenoid that’s found in the skin of lots of fruits and vegetables, especially high in mangos. This is the substance that really causes the seditive and body relaxation effects in marijuana.
Brazen331

Postby The Outsider » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:29 pm

The mycrene thing hasn't really been proven. It's possible though.

As for pot quality? Yeah, it's hard to find shitty weed. I'm in Clearwater and I just picked up some Bay Area Do Si Dos. The good **** has spread.
The Outsider

Postby Brazen331 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:36 pm

Noles1724 wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:The black market does still exist in legal states but it's minuscule compared to beforehand. It's basically just a few people who don't want to pay the tax. But once the overwhelming majority of people visit a dispensary they are not going back to buying weed on the street, even if they can get it for a bit cheaper.

In the dispensary everything is tested and labeled. You know the exact of amount of THC and terpenes in the product. You don't have to worry about being robbed, ripped off or busted. And probably most important, you are purchasing a quality product as the plants are well cared for.

I get nauseous just thinking about that brick weed smuggled in from Mexico that I used to smoke in college, nothing but a bag full of seeds.

Honestly I don't think that weed exists anymore..i can't find **** weed anymore if I tried.

And the black market does still exists. My brother moved out to CO, bought two plots of 45 acres, built two green houses.. the whole 9 yards... anyways my point is, based on what I've been told, by knowledgeable people, black market is still there... just a different variation

The BM will always exist it’s just a matter of degree. But yeah, I’m closing in on 40 and talking to kids today is so funny. You say shwag and they just stare at you with a blank expression. They have no conception of what would have happened to you back in the day if you dared smoke shwag out of someone’s kind-bud pipe, never heard those terms before.
Last edited by Brazen331 on Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brazen331

Postby Brazen331 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:13 am

Good people don’t smoke marijuana — Jeff Sessions.
Brazen331

Postby Noles1724 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:46 am

Brazen331 wrote:Good people don’t smoke marijuana — Jeff Sessions.

Well that's it, the truth has been spoken.. No other opinion needed.
Noles1724

Postby deltbucs » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:45 am

Teitan wrote:Plus, these days you don’t know what things are being laced with.

Ha!
deltbucs

Postby Brazen331 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:16 pm

Well Sessions is ordering a Federal probe into how the government handled the Cliven Bundy case...so if you are a cow, Sessions wants you to have access to all the grass you want, free of charge. But if you’re human, no grass for you, even if you are willing to pay a 20 percent grazing fee.
Brazen331

Postby bucfanclw » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:38 pm

Brazen331 wrote:Well Sessions is ordering a Federal probe into how the government handled the Cliven Bundy case...so if you are a cow, Sessions wants you to have access to all the grass you want, free of charge. But if you’re human, no grass for you, even if you are willing to pay a 20 percent grazing fee.

Brazen, if you're not careful, someone might think you're disagreeing with a Trump appointment and therefore you must be a crazy liberal that want's to take away guns and give welfare to all the immigrants. You better start saying some nice things about Sessions.
bucfanclw

Postby Buc2 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:45 pm

If Sessions goes hard after marijuana like Blasio's NYC, then **** Sessions. His ass needs to go. That's not a solution to anything.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Brazen331 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:47 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:Well Sessions is ordering a Federal probe into how the government handled the Cliven Bundy case...so if you are a cow, Sessions wants you to have access to all the grass you want, free of charge. But if you’re human, no grass for you, even if you are willing to pay a 20 percent grazing fee.

Brazen, if you're not careful, someone might think you're disagreeing with a Trump appointment and therefore you must be a crazy liberal that want's to take away guns and give welfare to all the immigrants. You better start saying some nice things about Sessions.

I know he is your boy Clewy, but I can't say anything nice about him because I think he is incompetent. It's not just this issue: the only thing he has demonstrated is that he sucks at every aspect of his job except keeping it. And keep it he will; he is burrowed in like a tick because he has your support.

You would support him staying in his job even if he were to issue some edict stipulating that all women must resign from their jobs, take off their shoes, get pregnant and get in the kitchen on the off chance it could somehow impede the Russia investigation. Sessions can be the bible-beater AG with impugnity for the next 3 years because you and your ilk would scream 'Russia Russia Russia' in unison if anyone tried to stop him. So we can't send him back to Mayberry where he belongs.
Brazen331

Postby bucfanclw » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:28 pm

Brazen331 wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:Brazen, if you're not careful, someone might think you're disagreeing with a Trump appointment and therefore you must be a crazy liberal that want's to take away guns and give welfare to all the immigrants. You better start saying some nice things about Sessions.

I know he is your boy Clewy, but I can't say anything nice about him because I think he is incompetent. It's not just this issue: the only thing he has demonstrated is that he sucks at every aspect of his job except keeping it. And keep it he will; he is burrowed in like a tick because he has your support.

You would support him staying in his job even if he were to issue some edict stipulating that all women must resign from their jobs, take off their shoes, get pregnant and get in the kitchen on the off chance it could somehow impede the Russia investigation. Sessions can be the bible-beater AG with impugnity for the next 3 years because you and your ilk would scream 'Russia Russia Russia' in unison if anyone tried to stop him. So we can't send him back to Mayberry where he belongs.

My boy? LOL! He's one of Trump's "best people" that you keep defending. Better check which team you're rooting for.
bucfanclw

Postby NYBF » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:13 am

Buc2 wrote:If Sessions goes hard after marijuana like Blasio's NYC, then **** Sessions. His ass needs to go. That's not a solution to anything.

umm.... what?
NYBF

Postby The Outsider » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:28 am

So I just got some Do Si Dos from Southern California. Man I ****ing hate you guys out west, this **** is not fair.
The Outsider

Postby Buc2 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:42 am

NYBF wrote:
Buc2 wrote:If Sessions goes hard after marijuana like Blasio's NYC, then **** Sessions. His ass needs to go. That's not a solution to anything.

umm.... what?

Figured I'd quote a liberal source since, you know, any other source can't be believed by the left.

During the recent Democratic mayoral primary debate, Mayor de Blasio made light of questions around his personal marijuana use and again repeated his false claim that New York City has ended its marijuana arrest crusade. His statement is not only patently false—the NYPD arrested more than 18,000 people for low-level marijuana possession in 2016 alone—it is dangerous.

In a moment when the federal administration continuously propagates outright lies and half-truths, we cannot accept such reckless behavior from those who claim to be allies of the most vulnerable New Yorkers. Unnecessary arrests for low-level marijuana possession continue at higher numbers than during Mayor Giuliani’s first years in office―putting Mayor de Blasio in dubious company as one of the top arresters New York state has known.

It is deeply concerning that Black and Latino New Yorkers are consistently the people most heavily impacted by these arrests, with extreme racial disparities prevailing: 85 percent of all arrests in 2016 were Black and Latino people.

More here...
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/on ... 0a1564da86
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby NYBF » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:56 am

Buc2 wrote:
NYBF wrote:
umm.... what?

Figured I'd quote a liberal source since, you know, any other source can't be believed by the left.

During the recent Democratic mayoral primary debate, Mayor de Blasio made light of questions around his personal marijuana use and again repeated his false claim that New York City has ended its marijuana arrest crusade. His statement is not only patently false—the NYPD arrested more than 18,000 people for low-level marijuana possession in 2016 alone—it is dangerous.

In a moment when the federal administration continuously propagates outright lies and half-truths, we cannot accept such reckless behavior from those who claim to be allies of the most vulnerable New Yorkers. Unnecessary arrests for low-level marijuana possession continue at higher numbers than during Mayor Giuliani’s first years in office―putting Mayor de Blasio in dubious company as one of the top arresters New York state has known.

It is deeply concerning that Black and Latino New Yorkers are consistently the people most heavily impacted by these arrests, with extreme racial disparities prevailing: 85 percent of all arrests in 2016 were Black and Latino people.

More here...
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/on ... 0a1564da86

The Guiliani comparison is an absolute joke. As is citing a number without any sort of comparison or per capita representation. But sure. OK.

And in November, 2014, de Blasio announced that the NYPD would issue a summons instead of arresting people if they possess fewer than 25 grams of marijuana even if it is in public view, unless the marijuana is burning, if there is an intent to sell, if the individual has an outstanding warrant or is in a school.

State data shows that the vast majority of marijuana arrests are for subsection one, where pot is open to public view or being burned. In 2016 17,406 of the arrests, or 96 percent, were for subsection one. Previous years showed similar ratios of between 96 and 99 percent. Very few of the arrests are for subsection two, more than 25 grams of marijuana.

https://www.politico.com/states/new-yor ... ies-109306

He tells you don't smoke it in public. You smoke it in public. And he's "going hard after marijuana." ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe don't be stupid.
NYBF

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:17 am

I still maintain this is completely the wrong way to go about this stupid law.

We should have as few laws as possible....the ones we do have should be enforced.

When we start allowing states, counties, cities, local police, etc to pick and choose what federal laws they want to be obey we are setting an awful precedent.

While ignoring federal law might be something we like in this case...wait till the tables are turned and authorities start ignoring laws that protect us.
Zarniwoop

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:24 am

Zarniwoop wrote:I still maintain this is completely the wrong way to go about this stupid law.

We should have as few laws as possible....the ones we do have should be enforced.

When we start allowing states, counties, cities, local police, etc to pick and choose what federal laws they want to be obey we are setting an awful precedent.

While ignoring federal law might be something we like in this case...wait till the tables are turned and authorities start ignoring laws that protect us.

Completely agree.
uscbucsfan

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:26 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:I still maintain this is completely the wrong way to go about this stupid law.

Completely agree.

of course you do, you seem like a smart guy

:D
Zarniwoop

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:33 am

Zarniwoop wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:
Completely agree.

of course you do, you seem like a smart guy

:D

I'm 100% for less big government and increasing states rights. Always have been.

I initially liked when Sessions said that we would enforce the laws on the books, because there many (like some with immigration) that would alleviate issues without reinventing the wheel, but I was concerned this would come up. It's too late to go back and enforce federal Marijuana laws in the way some are fearful. They need to end that and give the ability to the states to decide.
uscbucsfan

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:47 am

yep, if this is something that the states decide (which I too support), then the feds need to remove it from their substance list

i can't stand this trend we are seeing with ignoring laws - whether it be this issue, immigration, etc.

of course, my disdain for ignoring laws does NOT apply to me when i'm doing my taxes

***NOTE -- to the FBI, CIA, and every other govt agency monitoring us citizens- I'm kidding

****NB - no i'm not
Zarniwoop

Postby Brazen331 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:11 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:yep, if this is something that the states decide (which I too support), then the feds need to remove it from their substance list

i can't stand this trend we are seeing with ignoring laws - whether it be this issue, immigration, etc.

of course, my disdain for ignoring laws does NOT apply to me when i'm doing my taxes

Isn’t this the way our democracy is supposed to work though...the states being the laboratories of democracy? You get to see how a change in the way things are done works out on a smaller level so not as many mistakes are made and things go smoother when you roll it out nationwide?

I see what you are saying but if the Feds are always supreme and nothing gets done unless they do first how are we different from a European democracy? If the name of the nation is the United States then the states should have more autonomy then elsewhere. If California wants to ignore Federal law and be a sanctuary state for instance, they should deal with the consequences.

***NOTE -- to the FBI, CIA, and every other govt agency monitoring us citizens- I'm kidding

****NB - no i'm not
Brazen331

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:45 pm

Brazen331 wrote:
Isn’t this the way our democracy is supposed to work though...the states being the laboratories of democracy? You get to see how a change in the way things are done works out on a smaller level so not as many mistakes are made and things go smoother when you roll it out nationwide?

Yes, the states should have as much freedom as possible. If other states like what a particular state is doing, they should copy it (much as we are seeing with the minimum wage discussion in this country -- as far as I'm concerned, it is working perfectly -- some states, counties and cities are trying $15/hr....other states, counties, cities can watch what happens and act accordingly).

The federal government should be as limited as possible deferring to the states as much as they can.

When society changes such that a law is outdated, the law should be changed...it shouldn't be ignored at the whim of the states or even at the whim of AG - that is a horrible political philosophy IMO. A bad law should be stricken from the books.

Brazen331 wrote:I see what you are saying but if the Feds are always supreme and nothing gets done unless they do first how are we different from a European democracy? If the name of the nation is the United States then the states should have more autonomy then elsewhere. If California wants to ignore Federal law and be a sanctuary state for instance, they should deal with the consequences.

Federal law is the supreme law of the land (See article VI). No state should be able to make a law that contradicts federal law. That is why it is so important to limit federal powers to those enumerated in Article I.

I 100% agree with your last statement...if a state wants to contradict federal law, the federal government should go after them.
Zarniwoop

Postby Buc2 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:25 pm

Great argument, zarni. I agree. Maybe it's time for the Supreme Court to rule on the issue. Is it Constitutional for the federal government to make marijuana illegal? What about cocaine? Heroin? Or any other substance for that matter? To your knowledge, has any state(s) challenged the Fed in court over their right to make weed legal or not as they see fit? If not, perhaps the time has come to do just that.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:36 pm

Buc2 wrote:Great argument, zarni. I agree. Maybe it's time for the Supreme Court to rule on the issue. Is it Constitutional for the federal government to make marijuana illegal? What about cocaine? Heroin? Or any other substance for that matter? To your knowledge, has any state(s) challenged the Fed in court over their right to make weed legal or not as they see fit? If not, perhaps the time has come to do just that.

Gonzales vs Raich.

Can explain later tonight if no one else does
uscbucsfan

Postby Brazen331 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:33 am

I guess Trump hasn’t commented on the actions of his AG yet? I’m surprised some intrepid reporter hasn’t asked him about it.

Looks like Vermont just legalized weed through the legislative process. Maybe we will be treated to seeing the Bern burn one soon and a new Ben and Jerry’s ice cream flavor?
Brazen331

Postby Sammich » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:37 pm

Legalize it and treat it just like alcohol. Tax it, certain age to buy it, don't smoke and drive, etc. It fixes prison overcrowding, gives an affordable alternative to many meds, takes money out of the cartels' hands and redistributes here. It even creates jobs in farming, packaging, and distribution.

As long as the laws against the harder drugs that are actually dangerous are maintained I don't see how anyone could argue against legalization.
Sammich

Postby NYBF » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:02 pm

Sammich wrote:I don't see how anyone could argue against legalization.

Sammich wrote:gives an affordable alternative to many meds,

Now do you see?
NYBF

Postby Teitan » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:06 pm

NYBF wrote:
Sammich wrote:I don't see how anyone could argue against legalization.

Sammich wrote:gives an affordable alternative to many meds,

Now do you see?

Exactly. How do all the pharmaceutical companies keep people doped up and paying?
Teitan

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion