Why Is There Not A Thread About This Yet?

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Why Is There Not A Thread About This Yet?

Postby The Outsider » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:24 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:
Teitan wrote:ESPN is not the first place I’ve seen this. A die hard patriot fan I know was talking about it weeks ago. There seems to be a lot of smoke.

yeah PFT.com was drumming up **** a couple weeks ago - particularly about BB not liking TB's trainer.

uhhh BFD - it's 3 grown ass men - I'm sure they can sort it out

non story

next

Yeah, business partnerships never fall apart because of in fighting.
The Outsider

Postby PrimeMinister » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:24 pm

MJW wrote:Belichick, left to his own devices, starts Jimmy G. and dumps Brady. I have no doubt of this.

This.

Ownership got in the way and Bill isn’t happy. Belichchick’s entire Patriots history is a study in dumping players before the public thinks you should. Bill makes moves that are good for the Patriots organization rather than fan friendly. My wife is a die hard Pats fan and she expected Brady to be traded 2 years ago.

Kraft stepped in a place he shouldn’t: deciding what players to trade or keep. Belichick has earned the right to make whatever moves he feels are best.
PrimeMinister

Postby Deja Entendu » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:26 pm

MJW wrote:Belichick, left to his own devices, starts Jimmy G. and dumps Brady. I have no doubt of this.

You have no doubts that he would dump the greatest QB in history, who just last season lead the greatest comeback in Super Bowl history, and THIS season has lead his team to the number one seed in the AFC with the road to the Super Bowl going through Foxboro (arguably overachieving and being an MVP candidate in the process)?

Meanwhile the other guy was traded away by the guy who, until this completely speculative and "anonymous" report, was understood to have more control over his team than any other single person in the league.

I find it more likely that Bill sees a very small window for both him and Brady to win another Super Bowl (probably this season and next... another after that may even be stretch), and decided that the second round pick would be more valuable to them in that quest since Jimmy G. wouldn't overtake Brady and could end up leaving on his own anyway.

To each their own...
Last edited by Deja Entendu on Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deja Entendu

Postby The Outsider » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:26 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:

This.

Ownership got in the way and Bill isn’t happy. Belichchick’s entire Patriots history is a study in dumping players before the public thinks you should. Bill makes moves that are good for the Patriots organization rather than fan friendly. My wife is a die hard Pats fan and she expected Brady to be traded 2 years ago.

Kraft stepped in a place he shouldn’t: deciding what players to trade or keep. Belichick has earned the right to make whatever moves he feels are best.

Well Kraft is the owner so he can do what he wants. But he shouldn't be surprised if in a couple years he's without both his GOAT QB and GOAT coach and his team sucks more **** than Sasha Grey.
The Outsider

Postby PrimeMinister » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:27 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
Kress wrote:It is odd. San Francisco didn't dump Young behind Montana. Green Bay didn't dump Rodgers behind Favre. Etcetera. Why would they trade the future for a second round pick? It screams of ego getting involved in the place of logic.

I believe JG let them know that he was going to test the market. Whether Brady sticks around for another few years, or JG has to replace the GOAT, it's a bad situation all around. I think the Pats thought Jimmy should feel privileged to be a Patriot and be the heir to Brady, but Jimmy just wanted to get out from that shadow and make his own mark with a new team as The Man ala Kyrie Irving.

Everything reported points to Belichick loving JG and wanting to keep him. JG wanted to start and Belichick wasn’t allowed to move Brady so it’s a stalemate and JG is traded. Bill thought JG could be great and we will see if he is correct.
PrimeMinister

Postby PrimeMinister » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:29 pm

The Outsider wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:
This.

Well Kraft is the owner so he can do what he wants. But he shouldn't be surprised if in a couple years he's without both his GOAT QB and GOAT coach and his team sucks more **** than Sasha Grey.

Of course Kraft can do WTF he wants with his team, but he shouldn’t. He should trust the Coach/GM who has orchestrated one of the best dynasties in football history. If Bill thinks it’s time to move Brady then move Brady no questions asked.
PrimeMinister

Postby Deja Entendu » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:31 pm

If Kraft steamrolled Bill, then he is a ****ing moron.
Deja Entendu

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:42 pm

The Outsider wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:
This.

Being the owner and throwing your weight around doesn't mean its what is best for the team. If Kraft wants to make those decisions then fire Bill so you can run the team.
Bootz2004

Postby The Outsider » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:55 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
The Outsider wrote:

Being the owner and throwing your weight around doesn't mean its what is best for the team. If Kraft wants to make those decisions then fire Bill so you can run the team.

Thanks for repeating me in the guise of explaining my own thought to me.
The Outsider

Postby Kress » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:57 pm

At least he didn't call you *****.
Kress

Postby Rocker » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:07 pm

Kress wrote:At least he didn't call you *****.

We’ve got SexyVoltron for that.
Rocker

Postby Teitan » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:08 pm

Am I the only one that wants to see a Belichick-less Patriots?
Teitan

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:15 pm

The Outsider wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

I wasn't explaining anything to you. I was agreeing with you, idiot.
Bootz2004

Postby The Outsider » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:26 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
The Outsider wrote:

I wasn't explaining anything to you. I was agreeing with you, idiot.

By repeating exactly what I said? Next time a simple, "I concur." will suffice. Thanks, *****.
The Outsider

Postby Caradoc » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:04 pm

Mark it down. This day in History, Bootsie agreed with someone.
Caradoc

Postby DanTurksGhost » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:39 pm

BB knows what he's doing, and history should show that ownership needs to stay out of his way. Not many coaches have the capability to be in charge of everything AND be effective at all of it. BB does. And he doesn't operate on emotion, he's a pragmatist.
DanTurksGhost

Postby KiffininCanton » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:31 pm

never forget Kraft ran Parcells out of town after he took that franchise from laughing stock to in the Super Bowl.

Kraft made one brilliant decision which even beyond his wildest dreams paid off with 5 Lombardi Trophies. I laugh when people act like Kraft is some genius.
KiffininCanton

Postby Teitan » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:08 am

I could certainly see Kraft not wanting to move on from his prized possession, Brady.
Teitan

Postby Heidguy » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:00 am

All the attitude **** aside, he's the GOAT! Personally he's been on the GOAT level for me for sometime now. I wouldn't give 2 shits if Winston comes to the sideline cursing at the OC if he performs like Brady. I never understood the hate for him, he's sooo good along with BB ppl try to find ways to drag there accomplishments through the mud. But I don't understand why, hell I have a friend that is a die hard pats fan but can't stand Brady, even agrees when they accuse him of being a cheater lol, how ass backwards is that!?
Heidguy

Postby real bucs fan » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:36 am

Heidguy wrote:All the attitude **** aside, he's the GOAT! Personally he's been on the GOAT level for me for sometime now. I wouldn't give 2 shits if Winston comes to the sideline cursing at the OC if he performs like Brady. I never understood the hate for him, he's sooo good along with BB ppl try to find ways to drag there accomplishments through the mud. But I don't understand why, hell I have a friend that is a die hard pats fan but can't stand Brady, even agrees when they accuse him of being a cheater lol, how ass backwards is that!?

Ya I'm at that point too. For over a decade I hated Brady and the Patriots... but gotta give respect where it's due, and now I just sit back and enjoy watching greatness.

Plus... how can you hate on the guy after he single handedly ripped a Lombardi trophy out of Arthur Blanks hands???? Not to mention they are out of conference...
real bucs fan

Postby Caradoc » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:56 am

Pretty much the same thing for me. Hated it for a long time, but now I just appreciate being able to watch it happen.
Caradoc

Postby Buc2 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:18 pm

Yep. Like I said in a previous post in this thread, I feel fortunate I was able to witness this dynasty happen first hand.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Deja Entendu » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:54 pm

I never hated the Patriots because it all started for them against the Greatest Show on Turf, and I was still very bitter. I lost my voice during that game.

From there, I admired how they always managed to win. Each one seemed to be more impressive than the last.
Deja Entendu

Postby Kress » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:03 pm

Yup. I admired watching Montana and the 9ers back in the day, even though I am from NY. Now I'm in Florida, and I appreciate watching Brady do his thing. Greatness is greatness.
Kress

Postby Selmon Rules » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:36 pm

While I am still not a fan I have finally figured out that it's not the team that I despise nearly as much as their fans.... Too damn many of them down here who constantly shove the whole "GOAT" thing in your face, just tired of hearing about it
Sig currently being held hostage by Photobucket, will return next fall
Selmon Rules

Postby real bucs fan » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:16 pm

Selmon Rules wrote:While I am still not a fan I have finally figured out that it's not the team that I despise nearly as much as their fans.... Too damn many of them down here who constantly shove the whole "GOAT" thing in your face, just tired of hearing about it

Boston sports fans are indeed the worst- after philly fans... but it's close.
real bucs fan

Postby Kress » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:46 am

real bucs fan wrote:
Selmon Rules wrote:While I am still not a fan I have finally figured out that it's not the team that I despise nearly as much as their fans.... Too damn many of them down here who constantly shove the whole "GOAT" thing in your face, just tired of hearing about it

Boston sports fans are indeed the worst- after philly fans... but it's close.

Edit: Then again, I guess Celtics fans don't bother me either. It's a close call, but Patriot fan and especially Sox fan put Boston over the top.

That would make a good poll. I personally think Boston's are worse because they are bad across all sports. Phillies fans don't bug me, and neither do 76ers, just Eagles and Flyers.
Kress

Postby Kress » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:51 am

How did that get reversed?
Kress

Postby Buc2 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:15 am

So, MJW, you started this thread and then just made one additional post. Is there anything else you'd like to add?
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:58 am

Deja Entendu wrote:I never hated the Patriots because it all started for them against the Greatest Show on Turf, and I was still very bitter. I lost my voice during that game.

From there, I admired how they always managed to win. Each one seemed to be more impressive than the last.

It started with "the tuck rule" in Divisional game that year vs Gruden's Raiders imo. Patriots should've lost that game and never even made it to that initial Super Bowl.
DreadNaught

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions