Absolute randomness thread

General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
Re: Absolute randomness thread

Postby Betsy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:49 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:On my phone and can’t do picture.... but awesomeness

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/17/na ... n-sky.html

What? I think it looks like a really bad 10 gallon hat.
Betsy

Postby Crocaneers » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:24 pm

RedLeader wrote:Has 'The Voice' ever produced a legitimate star in all of it's time?

I may be a good control to this question . I don't watch either American Idol or the Voice. We all know American Idol (which is coming back) produces legit stars (whether you listen or not).

The Voice has had eight seasons, and looking at the list, I can name one person I have heard of [Jordan Smith] and that was due to him doing "Mary did you know" [good solid Christian Christmas song].

so ... NO
Crocaneers

Postby Caradoc » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:21 am

Kress wrote:There was a link there for a second about a French fitness model getting killed by an exploding can of whipped cream. It's gone now. But what?!?!

Read that a while ago. Apparently it's a real danger. It's not like a Redi-whip can though, it's one of those pressurized ones like professional chefs use, you see em on cooking shows.
Caradoc

Postby RedLeader » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:25 am

The End is возле!?

The leader of the Russian Orthodox Church said Monday the world is on the brink of slipping into “the abyss of the end of history,” according to a state-run news agency. The apocalypse “is already visible to the naked eye,” Patriarch Kirill told congregants after a service at the Christ the Savior Cathedral in Moscow, reported RIA Novosti.

He said there could be a saving grace for the world—society uniting. "Today is not the time to rock the boat of human passions. Today is the time to rally all healthy forces," Kirill said. "That's why the church, art, culture, our writers, scientists—all those people who love the Motherland—should come together because we are entering a critical period in human civilization.”

Kirill's call comes at a time when world unity seems far-fetched.

North Korea continues to threaten the U.S. with the prospect of launching a nuclear missile. Terrorist attacks have occurred abroad and last month in New York City, with the Islamic State group in many instances claiming responsibility. And Russian bots relentlessly spread fake news on social media, influencing the outcome of the 2016 U.S. presidential election and prompting the FBI to investigate possible collusion between the campaign of President Donald Trump and Moscow.

Kirill, who was born Vladimir Mikhailovich Gundyayev, hasn't always been a supporter of peace. He backed expanding Russia’s power into Crimea and eastern Ukraine before the 2014 invasion. Kirill has also led the Russian Orthodox church to a close relationship in social and cultural matters with President Vladimir Putin.

Monday is not the first time that Kirill has warned of the end of the world. In July 2013, he told a congregation at Kazan Cathedral in Moscow that the legal recognition of same-sex marriage is "a very dangerous sign of the apocalypse."

It is also not the first time that Kirill has called on countries to unite. “Today’s war on terror should be a joint effort,” he said in October 2016. “This isn’t just Russia’s fight. It’s for all countries, we should unite to defeat this evil, and this war I call a holy one.”
RedLeader

Postby Buc2 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:59 am

Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:02 pm

RedLeader wrote:The End is возле!?

The leader of the Russian Orthodox Church said Monday the world is on the brink of slipping into “the abyss of the end of history,” according to a state-run news agency. The apocalypse “is already visible to the naked eye,” Patriarch Kirill told congregants after a service at the Christ the Savior Cathedral in Moscow, reported RIA Novosti.

He said there could be a saving grace for the world—society uniting. "Today is not the time to rock the boat of human passions. Today is the time to rally all healthy forces," Kirill said. "That's why the church, art, culture, our writers, scientists—all those people who love the Motherland—should come together because we are entering a critical period in human civilization.”

Kirill's call comes at a time when world unity seems far-fetched.

North Korea continues to threaten the U.S. with the prospect of launching a nuclear missile. Terrorist attacks have occurred abroad and last month in New York City, with the Islamic State group in many instances claiming responsibility. And Russian bots relentlessly spread fake news on social media, influencing the outcome of the 2016 U.S. presidential election and prompting the FBI to investigate possible collusion between the campaign of President Donald Trump and Moscow.

Kirill, who was born Vladimir Mikhailovich Gundyayev, hasn't always been a supporter of peace. He backed expanding Russia’s power into Crimea and eastern Ukraine before the 2014 invasion. Kirill has also led the Russian Orthodox church to a close relationship in social and cultural matters with President Vladimir Putin.

Monday is not the first time that Kirill has warned of the end of the world. In July 2013, he told a congregation at Kazan Cathedral in Moscow that the legal recognition of same-sex marriage is "a very dangerous sign of the apocalypse."

It is also not the first time that Kirill has called on countries to unite. “Today’s war on terror should be a joint effort,” he said in October 2016. “This isn’t just Russia’s fight. It’s for all countries, we should unite to defeat this evil, and this war I call a holy one.”

Surely he is just a puppet for Trump...what is Trump's end game on this do you think?
Zarniwoop

Postby Kress » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:08 pm

Nuking North Korea?
Kress

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:17 pm

Let's hope so!
Zarniwoop

Postby Kress » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:46 pm

Why do people try to make a football argument and say that they don't have the stats supporting their claim in front of them? Yes you do. You're on the internet. Posting on the internet. Saying that you don't feel like looking because it is inconsequential to the point may be one thing, but don't say that you just don't have them in front of you when they are the subject of your point and you are currently using the internet.

/minor rant

I probably should have bumped the pet peeve thread.
Kress

Postby MJW » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:37 pm

Kress wrote:Why do people try to make a football argument and say that they don't have the stats supporting their claim in front of them? Yes you do. You're on the internet. Posting on the internet. Saying that you don't feel like looking because it is inconsequential to the point may be one thing, but don't say that you just don't have them in front of you when they are the subject of your point and you are currently using the internet.

/minor rant

I probably should have bumped the pet peeve thread.

If this is directed at me, I qualified my statement with the word, "feel" in that post for that reason.
MJW

Postby Kress » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:04 pm

It wasn't directed at anyone in particular. I just keep seeing it lately. It's like people making an argument but hedging by saying that they haven't re-watched the game yet, or reviewed the all 22. Because I am sure that neither of those things will happen. And the argument has already been put out there regardless.
Kress

Postby RedLeader » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:29 pm

RedLeader

Postby Buc2 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:25 am

Not the sort of package they were expecting.

Delivery Driver For Amazon Caught On Camera Pooping On Man’s Driveway

A homeowner in Sacramento County, California, is down in the dumps after an Amazon delivery contractor left a pile of feces in front of his house.

Nemy Bautista wasn’t home on Tuesday when the driver pooped in front of his house, but he saw the excrement evidence when he came home. Bautista then checked his surveillance cameras and noticed the driver squatting on the passenger side of the truck.

He tried to get to the bottom of this mess by contacting Amazon via this Facebook post:

Bautista told local station KBET that the driver’s supervisor came out to investigate.

“He was in shock when we saw the size of it,” Bautista said. “He ended up scooping it up with a plastic bag, but didn’t want to take it with him ― it smelled really bad.”

Bautista told CBS Sacramento that he suspects “the garbage can will smell like **** for the next few days.”

He added, “I also had to hose down the gutter/sidewalk area after [the supervisor] left.”

An Amazon spokesman told HuffPost that the majority of packages this holiday season are being delivered without issue and that the company tried to work quickly to make this particular situation right.

The online retail giant also issued an official statement:

This does not reflect the high standards we have for delivery service providers. This individual is no longer delivering Amazon packages and we’re in direct communication with the customer.

The company gave Bautista a gift card to apologize for all the crap he had to deal with, but he told KTXL TV that his real concern was for the customers who had packages delivered by the driver after that person pooped.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby RedLeader » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:18 pm

RedLeader

Postby NYBF » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:39 am

TIL: Kress has a panda fetish
NYBF

Postby Kress » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:30 pm

They are both black and white. #notracist
Kress

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:54 pm

woah..
Mountaineer Buc

Postby NYBF » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:14 pm

Who **** their pants harder? The guy standing on the corner or the driver of the car pulling up to the corner?
NYBF

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:08 pm

A woman who says she has sex with ghosts has declared she will "never go back to men" - because spirits leave her more satisfied.

Amethyst Realm, a spiritual guidance counsellor from Bristol, claims to have had sexual encounters with 20 different ghostly lovers, and that they give her orgasms.

She says she's now turned her back on men altogether and hopes to find her one true ghoul to settle down with.

During an appearance on ITV's This Morning, Amethyst, 27, described how she first felt a presence in the home she had just moved into with her then fiance ten years ago.

While her fiance was away she decided to pursue things further, she said, and dressed in a saucy negligee to entice the ghost, who she says she went on to have sex with.

"It was kind of like a weight, I felt a pressure on my thighs. At the same time physical breath, and stroking," she explained.

Asked by a curious Holly Willoughby whether the encounter led to an orgasm, she said: "Yes, for me."

Amethyst's fiance discovered she was "cheating" when the ghost apparently showed its physical form to him, something which she herself had never seen.

"I think it was in love with me too and it wanted me to end the relationship," she told Holly and her co-host Phillip Schofield during the interview.

Amethyst, who says she now has "no interest in men", revealed she is hoping to find a special ghost to settle down with after dating several spirits over the past ten years.

The fiance has to be devastated knowing that dead people **** better than he does.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby bucfanclw » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:55 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
A woman who says she has sex with ghosts has declared she will "never go back to men" - because spirits leave her more satisfied.

Amethyst Realm, a spiritual guidance counsellor from Bristol, claims to have had sexual encounters with 20 different ghostly lovers, and that they give her orgasms.

She says she's now turned her back on men altogether and hopes to find her one true ghoul to settle down with.

During an appearance on ITV's This Morning, Amethyst, 27, described how she first felt a presence in the home she had just moved into with her then fiance ten years ago.

While her fiance was away she decided to pursue things further, she said, and dressed in a saucy negligee to entice the ghost, who she says she went on to have sex with.

"It was kind of like a weight, I felt a pressure on my thighs. At the same time physical breath, and stroking," she explained.

Asked by a curious Holly Willoughby whether the encounter led to an orgasm, she said: "Yes, for me."

Amethyst's fiance discovered she was "cheating" when the ghost apparently showed its physical form to him, something which she herself had never seen.

"I think it was in love with me too and it wanted me to end the relationship," she told Holly and her co-host Phillip Schofield during the interview.

Amethyst, who says she now has "no interest in men", revealed she is hoping to find a special ghost to settle down with after dating several spirits over the past ten years.

The fiance has to be devastated knowing that dead people **** better than he does.

Sounds like a Sixth Sense sequel is in the works...
bucfanclw

Postby Caradoc » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:50 am

Last edited by Caradoc on Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caradoc

Postby Kress » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:02 am

I could use a wall calendar.

I hear that this one has inspirational quotes, like "stay woke and ready to change the world." Because, you know, you have to be woke to do that.
Kress

Postby beardmcdoug » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:38 pm

Caradoc wrote:https://www.circa.com/story/2017/12/04/whoa/rachel-dolezal-has-released-a-provocative-calendar-full-of-photos-birthdays-and-black-history-facts

There is nothing more to be said

LMAO
beardmcdoug

Postby Buc2 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:36 pm

Don't tread on me
Buc2

Previous

Return to Off Topic