Monken to Jackson: "Don't give me all of that bull!"

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Monken to Jackson: "Don't give me all of that bull!"

Postby DanTurksGhost » Thu May 18, 2017 10:05 pm

DanTurksGhost

Re: Monken to Jackson: "Don't give me all of that bull!"

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu May 18, 2017 10:11 pm

Please, expend as little effort as possible while spamming these threads.
uscbucsfan

Postby threadkiller » Thu May 18, 2017 10:51 pm

None of the quotes from that are on the video of the press conference. Don't know why Monk put that out there. Maybe he is Dirk's bad cop?
threadkiller

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri May 19, 2017 8:15 am

Ummm okay....
Bootz2004

Postby DreadNaught » Fri May 19, 2017 9:11 am

Reading the quote it seems a bit harsh on Monken's part. DJax saying he wants to play w/ Jameis and likes the weather in Tampa is normal cliche player speak for an introductory press conference when a FA WR signs with a new team.

DJax has a rep of being a diva, so hopefully these quotes don't crate any riff between Monken and him. But I don't think it will be an issue. Dirk and Jameis will intervene and squash any potential schism quick if it does imo.

“How can we get DeSean Jackson up to playing at a really high level? Not that he’s still not capable of it, but how do we get him to play at why we paid him?’’ Monken said Thursday. “I’ve told him that, ‘we have paid you a hell of a lot of money to be a damn good player. We’re not paying you a lot of money, this is a contract where we’re paying you for what you’ve done for us…we’re not paying like (Derek) Jeter the last three years…we don’t have any old street cred that we’re paying you. No. We need you to be a great player now. Okay? That’s why we gave you the money.

“You came here because of the money. Don’t give me all that bull about you came here because of the weather and Jameis. No. You came here because we paid you the most. You need to play like that. He gets that. He’s smart enough to understand that.’’
DreadNaught

Postby threadkiller » Fri May 19, 2017 9:40 am

DreadNaught wrote:Reading the quote it seems a bit harsh on Monken's part. DJax saying he wants to play w/ Jameis and likes the weather in Tampa is normal cliche player speak for an introductory press conference when a FA WR signs with a new team.

DJax has a rep of being a diva, so hopefully these quotes don't crate any riff between Monken and him. But I don't think it will be an issue. Dirk and Jameis will intervene and squash any potential schism quick if it does imo.

“How can we get DeSean Jackson up to playing at a really high level? Not that he’s still not capable of it, but how do we get him to play at why we paid him?’’ Monken said Thursday. “I’ve told him that, ‘we have paid you a hell of a lot of money to be a damn good player. We’re not paying you a lot of money, this is a contract where we’re paying you for what you’ve done for us…we’re not paying like (Derek) Jeter the last three years…we don’t have any old street cred that we’re paying you. No. We need you to be a great player now. Okay? That’s why we gave you the money.

“You came here because of the money. Don’t give me all that bull about you came here because of the weather and Jameis. No. You came here because we paid you the most. You need to play like that. He gets that. He’s smart enough to understand that.’’

I'd like to know the question he responded to. Monken comes off as real as it gets and I watch these pressers. I know how the media people like to load up their question to lead the answer toward whatever article they pretty much have written. I wonder if those quotes were in a response to a question like: "How nice is it to get big time free agents signing because how much they want to play with your quarterback?" Because I could totally see Monk responing with those quotes to a reporter stating to him why Jackson signed with us as part of a question.
threadkiller

Postby theBKwhopper » Fri May 19, 2017 10:21 am

Probably true.
theBKwhopper

Postby PrimeMinister » Fri May 19, 2017 1:15 pm

DreadNaught wrote:Reading the quote it seems a bit harsh on Monken's part. DJax saying he wants to play w/ Jameis and likes the weather in Tampa is normal cliche player speak for an introductory press conference when a FA WR signs with a new team.

Yeah that looks like a **** thing to say.
PrimeMinister

Postby Super K » Fri May 19, 2017 1:50 pm

Sidenote, DTG is channeling his inner "Fooball" hardcore..

Not that I mind, I appreciate the reads..

However the original posted the articles in threads, not just links..

Gotta step up your game Danny boy!
Super K

Postby Nano » Fri May 19, 2017 2:02 pm

Super K wrote:Sidenote, DTG is channeling his inner "Fooball" hardcore..

Hey, at least DTG actually sometimes discusses the articles/topics he posts. Fooball just posted and disappeared
Nano

Postby Super K » Fri May 19, 2017 2:15 pm

Nano wrote:

Hey, at least DTG actually sometimes discusses the articles/topics he posts. Fooball just posted and disappeared

Very true..point for DTG..
Super K

Postby Caradoc » Fri May 19, 2017 5:26 pm

Proper usage says link plus only a small portion of an article, not the whole thing. One or two paragraphs or less. If you post someone's work, they are supposed to get the clicks. But just a link is annoying too, because you can't tell if it's worth the click.
Caradoc

Postby Super K » Fri May 19, 2017 5:32 pm

Caradoc wrote:

Proper usage says link plus only a small portion of an article, not the whole thing. One or two paragraphs or less. If you post someone's work, they are supposed to get the clicks. But just a link is annoying too, because you can't tell if it's worth the click.

Sounds like a solid compromise..

DTG, you got this?
Super K

Postby DanTurksGhost » Fri May 19, 2017 5:57 pm

Super K wrote:DTG, you got this?

Maybe, maybe not. Depends on my mood. Sometimes I'll just post a link, other times I'll probably post a snippet. Definitely won't post the entire article, tho.
DanTurksGhost

Postby mdb1958 » Fri May 19, 2017 6:09 pm

LOL

mdb1958

Return to Team Discussions