In the 2018 NFL Draft the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select....

Dedicated to College Football and Draft discussion.
In the 2018 NFL Draft the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select....

Postby Doctor » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:57 pm

Why hasn't one of these been started already?
Doctor

Re: In the 2018 NFL Draft the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select...

Postby Nano » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:15 pm

Big thing to note about the 2018 draft is that the QB class is really good. It would not be surprising(at this point) to have 4-5 guys drafted in the first. That could push some guys decently into our range.

Anyways, with the 22nd overall pick, the Buccaneers select Martez Ivey, OT/G, Florida. This is assuming that either Smith doesn't improve, or we decide to replace Dotson.
Nano

Postby 81mm Shake and Bake » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:17 pm

Nano wrote:Big thing to note about the 2018 draft is that the QB class is really good. It would not be surprising(at this point) to have 4-5 guys drafted in the first. That could push some guys decently into our range.

Anyways, with the 22nd overall pick, the Buccaneers select Martez Ivey, OT/G, Florida. This is assuming that either Smith doesn't improve, or we decide to replace Dotson.

If Smith doesn't improve, think he'd be an upgrade over Pamphile at LG?
81mm Shake and Bake

Postby threadkiller » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:50 pm

I think Smith has All Pro LG potential. So "yes" for me. I think moving Don to RT doesn't solve his biggest weakness, imo. His balance is hurt protecting his feet from his outside shoulder. At guard that isn't an issue. I think his anchor cleans up and he is dominant pass protecting at LG. I've seen he has the inline drive to run block from any position.
threadkiller

Postby Cheb » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:33 pm

Doctor wrote:Why hasn't one of these been started already?

The board was too screwy.

Anyways.

With the 27th pick of the 2018 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Harold Landry, Edge, Boston College.
Cheb

Postby Phantom Phenom » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:41 pm

With the 31st pick of the 2018 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select RB Royce Freeman, Oregon
Phantom Phenom

Postby Naismith » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:44 pm

Phantom Phenom wrote:With the 31st pick of the 2018 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select RB Royce Freeman, Oregon

I hate the idea of trading up for a running back.
Naismith

Postby Doctor » Mon May 01, 2017 9:39 am

81mm Shake and Bake wrote:
Nano wrote:Big thing to note about the 2018 draft is that the QB class is really good. It would not be surprising(at this point) to have 4-5 guys drafted in the first. That could push some guys decently into our range.

If Smith doesn't improve, think he'd be an upgrade over Pamphile at LG?

Absolutely. Smith is a very talented OL and they are really giving him every shot to show he can handle the toughest position on the OL. If he doesn't live up to it though, he can easily be moved elsewhere and still go on to be a great starter for us.
Doctor

Postby Bucs N Beers » Mon May 01, 2017 9:52 am

CB Denzel Ward, Ohio State

He's 5'10" and 185lbs - so he's fits our mold. Grimes is getting long in the tooth and is in last year of his contract.
Bucs N Beers

Postby DreadNaught » Mon May 01, 2017 10:22 am

CB, OT, or Dline
DreadNaught

Postby Zarniwoop » Mon May 01, 2017 10:25 am

Naismith wrote:
Phantom Phenom wrote:With the 31st pick of the 2018 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select RB Royce Freeman, Oregon

I hate the idea of trading up for a running back.

^

Ha!
Zarniwoop

Postby real bucs fan » Mon May 01, 2017 10:45 am

I think you can cross off QB, WR, TE, LB, and S- at least in the first round (obviously anything can happen, but for the purposes of this game).

I think OL, RB, DE, and CB could be the targets, with OL and CB at the top of that list. But if the OL plays like this FO thinks they can...

That leaves CB at the top of the list. With Grimes being 35 by the time the 2018 season starts- and not being under contract at least at the moment- I believe we will select a CB.

With the 25th pick in the 2018 draft, the Buccaneers select Brandon Facyson, CB, Virginia Tech
real bucs fan

Postby Caradoc » Mon May 01, 2017 7:09 pm

you spelled "32" wrong.
Caradoc

Postby Brazen331 » Mon May 01, 2017 7:27 pm

To the chagrin of mdb, Bucs draft Tarvarus McFadden CB FSU. We will really need to hit this position next year.
Brazen331

Postby Super K » Mon May 01, 2017 7:37 pm

Brazen331 wrote:To the chagrin of mdb, Bucs draft Tarvarus McFadden CB FSU. We will really need to hit this position next year.

Hahahahaha....you guys antagonize that poor dude too much..

I wanna see McFadden replicate what he did last year AND get better..

Throwing my Homer 2cents in the mix..

Bucs trade up and snag safety hybrid Derwin James to play SS...

For those who thought Peppers would give us positional versatility on D, you ain't seen nothing yet..
Super K

Postby Doctor » Wed May 03, 2017 10:16 am

I think the bottom of the first is a great spot for RBs next year, if they don't climb any higher. It's looking like an impressive class. I'd keep an eye on Derrius Guice from LSU. Now with the "generational prospect" gone, he'll finally get to show off what he can do as a workhorse.
Doctor

Postby mdb1958 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:31 pm

Is Godwin Igwebuike related to the "Donald"?
mdb1958

Postby Buc2 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:43 am

mdb1958 wrote:Is Godwin Igwebuike related to the "Donald"?

Yes, Godwin is related to him. Godwin is the son of Leo and Ebony Igwebuike. Leo is a cousin of Donald Igwebuike, making Godwin a second cousin of Donald.

Godwin means "friend of God," and he was named after his paternal grandfather, who lives in Nigeria. Leo, a pharmacist, moved to the United States in 1972 and now spends time in Florida, where he has opened a center for speed training.

He might be exaggerating when he says that Godwin can cover 40 yards in 4.3 seconds or that his son "sees things play out before they happen" to explain his three-interception game.

The bloodlines are strong, considering Leo's cousin Donald Igwebuike kicked in the NFL for five seasons and his second cousin is Christian Okoye, the "Nigerian Nightmare" who won the NFL rushing title in 1989.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:54 am

Super K wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:To the chagrin of mdb, Bucs draft Tarvarus McFadden CB FSU. We will really need to hit this position next year.

For those who thought Peppers would give us positional versatility on D, you ain't seen nothing yet..

If Derwin James can stay healthy this year he'll be a top 5-7 overall pick next year. He's just needs some stats to back up his immense talent and injuries took him off the field last season. Not to sound blasphemous, but he reminds me of the GOAT Sean Taylor as a college prospect in terms of size and ability. James just needs to stay on the field.
DreadNaught

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:03 am

If you're looking for a 200lb+ strong safety this year, this is a pretty good year to find one. Think I counted 18 of them the other night.

Are we planning on Justin Evans to be the Free safety?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:59 am

Buc2 wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:Is Godwin Igwebuike related to the "Donald"?

Yes, Godwin is related to him. Godwin is the son of Leo and Ebony Igwebuike. Leo is a cousin of Donald Igwebuike, making Godwin a second cousin of Donald.

Godwin means "friend of God," and he was named after his paternal grandfather, who lives in Nigeria. Leo, a pharmacist, moved to the United States in 1972 and now spends time in Florida, where he has opened a center for speed training.

He might be exaggerating when he says that Godwin can cover 40 yards in 4.3 seconds or that his son "sees things play out before they happen" to explain his three-interception game.

The bloodlines are strong, considering Leo's cousin Donald Igwebuike kicked in the NFL for five seasons and his second cousin is Christian Okoye, the "Nigerian Nightmare" who won the NFL rushing title in 1989.

Thanks for this post.
mdb1958

Postby Buc2 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:09 am

mdb1958 wrote:
Buc2 wrote:Yes, Godwin is related to him. Godwin is the son of Leo and Ebony Igwebuike. Leo is a cousin of Donald Igwebuike, making Godwin a second cousin of Donald.

Thanks for this post.

We don't all resort to replying to you with childish memes. It was funny a couple times, but now just seems more like a girls slumber party game.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Teitan » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:29 am

Teitan

Postby Brazen331 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:09 am

DreadNaught wrote:
Super K wrote:

If Derwin James can stay healthy this year he'll be a top 5-7 overall pick next year. He's just needs some stats to back up his immense talent and injuries took him off the field last season. Not to sound blasphemous, but he reminds me of the GOAT Sean Taylor as a college prospect in terms of size and ability. James just needs to stay on the field.

You can't sound blasphemous about Derwin James. You can also make an argument that he is the best Safety prospect ever. That ain't hyperbole because we talking about prospects here. Doesn't mean he will be a HOFer, just means that as far as potential goes, it doesn't get more maxed out than this. If a Safety is going to get drafted higher than Bennie Blades, this is the year.
Brazen331

Postby MJW » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:29 am

I'm really hoping someone emerges from the stable of young corners to make it not a white-hot need next April. But I feel like that's unlikely and we're going to go "chalk" at the position like we did in 2016.

So, let's say, with the 28th pick, the Buccaneers select Jordan Thomas, CB, Oklahoma. 6'1 195. A good match for the smaller VHIII.

MJW

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:34 am

It's a BIG draft class for DB's. I have 41 Corners and 34 Safetys.

By contrast, I only show only 19 OLB's and 28 Inside LB's . Thin year to to look for depth behind David and Kwon. And we still don't know where we are with a SAM. As much as I would like to go O-Line in the first, we've been drafting heavy on offense for some time now.

Strategically speaking, you go against the grain. Go get the position that has the slim pickings and get the best guy you can while you can.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers select:

Marcell Frazier, OLB Missouri.

Thinking about Shane Ray or or Von Miller type of guy. I'd like to see if Frazier can run though. He's 260lbs and that gives me a moment's pause as to whether or not hes the disruptive LB I'm looking for.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Doctor » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:31 am

DreadNaught wrote:
Super K wrote:

I love how Sean Taylor has become the Tupac of the NFL... :lol:
Doctor

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:18 am

Doctor wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

I love how Sean Taylor has become the Tupac of the NFL... :lol:

He was one of those rare freak athletes who delivered with production and highlight plays consistently. Fans may not remember him from college but he was awesome to watch. We only got a few NFL seasons from him before he was murdered in his home by some punk ass kids trying to rob him on a bye week, but his greatness was obvious.
DreadNaught

Postby MJW » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:28 am

You know the first thing I think of when I think of Sean Taylor? Him spitting into Michael Pittman's face in the 2005 playoff game. Is that fair to him? Absolutely not. But it flashes like a neon sign whenever his great-guy-ness is espoused.
MJW

Postby Konatown » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:58 am

MJW wrote:I'm really hoping someone emerges from the stable of young corners to make it not a white-hot need next April. But I feel like that's unlikely and we're going to go "chalk" at the position like we did in 2016.

This is my thought as well, CB is definitely the thinnest position on the team right now. Hoping Ryan Smith surprises this year and can nab a spot, Grimes may be done after this year.

Some free agents next year; Malcolm Butler, Xavier Rhodes, Trumaine Johnson. Would prefer not to break the bank on any of these guys (though would love Rhodes).
Konatown

Next

Return to College Football/Draft Talk