Satellite/Cable TV packages

Forum for graphics and other tech topics. Discuss operating system wars. etc..
Satellite/Cable TV packages

Postby Buc2 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:54 am

I have Directv which I want to stick with for NFL Sunday Ticket. I was looking into changing my programming package to try and save some money. I can drop down to the lowest tier and save $16 per month. However, I would lose 2 channels I regularly watch. NFLN & SCI. If I can find another way to watch games broadcast on NFLN, I'd probably make the change even though I'd still lose the Science Channel. Do any of you know of another way I could still watch the Thursday night games for free or close to free?
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Re: Satellite/Cable TV packages

Postby Rocker » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:06 am

Most of the Thursday night games are streamed via twitter, and IIRC the first six are co-aired by CBS/NBC.
Rocker

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:14 am

Rocker wrote:Most of the Thursday night games are streamed via twitter, and IIRC the first six are co-aired by CBS/NBC.

This^^^^ If your TV can access the internet or atleast connect to an internet enabled device/media center than you'll have no problem.

I cut the cord a few months ago. No regrets at all. Finding content takes time to adjust to and lack of a DVR is not ideal. But there are ways around that.
DreadNaught

Postby Buc2 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:18 am

DreadNaught wrote:
Rocker wrote:Most of the Thursday night games are streamed via twitter, and IIRC the first six are co-aired by CBS/NBC.

This^^^^ If your TV can access the internet or atleast connect to an internet enabled device/media center than you'll have no problem.

I cut the cord a few months ago. No regrets at all. Finding content takes time to adjust to and lack of a DVR is not ideal. But there are ways around that.

If it were just me alone, I'd be more interested in cutting the cord completely. But with my daughter & granddaughter sharing my home right now, I'd rather not. Their interests are way different than mine. Once they move out though, I will definitely be more interested in doing this.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Phantom Phenom » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:08 am

Not anymore. TNF are streamed via amazon now
Phantom Phenom

Postby Buc2 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:08 am

Phantom Phenom wrote:

Not anymore. TNF are streamed via amazon now

Cool. I have Amazon Prime.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby PrimeMinister » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:44 pm

You can watch NFLN and all games with Sunday Ticket streaming service. Just use the address of someone who lives in an apartment complex to sign up for the season.
PrimeMinister

Return to The Nerdery