Rocket League

This is where you would discuss your fantasy team. Look for advice, as well as talk about your favorite video games. The Geekery so to speak.
Rocket League

Postby Noles1724 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:01 am

Anyone play this? It's soccer with cars basically..most addictive game ever
Noles1724

Re: Rocket League

Postby Nano » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:05 pm

Not just soccer with Cars...Hockey and basketball with cars as well :P

I play it on Xbox. My GT is Bucs (I'm not joking)
Nano

Postby Buc2 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:18 pm

Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Fiasco » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:24 am

Ive been playing it since it was free for PSN. Its a blast when you play with a party.
Fiasco

Postby Teitan » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:54 am

I haven't played it in a while. But it is weirdly fun. I agree you gotta be in a party with some friends and it can be hilarious.
Teitan

Postby Leroymaglio » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:29 am

Even I have also been playing this game since last one month, along with the Hockey and basketball with cars as well. It runs well on Xbox as well as on Playstation, But i use to play this game on PC as I have bought a CD Keys in Best deal price from the online shop of Instant-gaming. The most amazing part of this game is it includes single-player and multiplayer modes that can be played online and locally.
Leroymaglio

Postby Deuce » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:22 am

Noles1724 wrote:Anyone play this? It's soccer with cars basically..most addictive game ever

You trying to find a new partner?

Just kidding, but it is nice to play with someone who's not an idiot and thanks for carrying the team. It is addictive, I got Halo Master Chief Collection a couple of weeks ago but every time I sit down, I'm starting up Rocket League. Even though I'm not a noob anymore, getting everything to line up for a goal is almost a euphoric experience.
Deuce

Postby Teitan » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:26 am

I suck at this game.
Teitan

Postby Deuce » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:32 am

Teitan wrote:I suck at this game.

I bounce between the high silver/low gold ranks so I'd say I'm an average player. I've played for many hours, changed my camera settings, done some of the training, and recently learned some new "skills" to get me here. The new skills are using "X" to drift/turn faster and double jump-boosting to do a little of the "flying". There is a lot that goes into it for such a simple game. I think the biggest thing might be playing a lot and learning where the ball is going to bounce before it gets there.
Deuce

Postby Rocker » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:15 am

Just got this for my kid yesterday. He seems pretty happy with it.
Rocker

Postby Noles1724 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:31 pm

Deuce wrote:
Noles1724 wrote:Anyone play this? It's soccer with cars basically..most addictive game ever

Just kidding, but it is nice to play with someone who's not an idiot and thanks for carrying the team. It is addictive, I got Halo Master Chief Collection a couple of weeks ago but every time I sit down, I'm starting up Rocket League. Even though I'm not a noob anymore, getting everything to line up for a goal is almost a euphoric experience.

man I was horrible the second time we played.. not sure what my deal is. sometimes I can fly across the whole damn map and hit the ball near the ceiling and other times I swing and miss on the most simple attempts.

I will say this, if I have time to think then more times than not, it's not going to be a good outcome.

and fyi, when we do play, you gotta let me know when you're done. I'll play that game until the batteries on the controller die.. I have zero control. my "ok one more game and that's it" almost never works for me.
Noles1724

Postby Deuce » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:34 pm

Noles1724 wrote:
Deuce wrote:

man I was horrible the second time we played.. not sure what my deal is. sometimes I can fly across the whole damn map and hit the ball near the ceiling and other times I swing and miss on the most simple attempts.

I will say this, if I have time to think then more times than not, it's not going to be a good outcome.

and fyi, when we do play, you gotta let me know when you're done. I'll play that game until the batteries on the controller die.. I have zero control. my "ok one more game and that's it" almost never works for me.

We were both horrible, hence losing every game lol. The thing about Rocket League is that I sit down thinking "I'll just play a few games". At 5 minutes a piece, 15-30 minutes gets me there. But before I know it, I look at the time and I've been playing for 2 hours. Plus, I always have to win my last game before I quit for the night.

I'm pretty sure I've played a few more matches after you stopped every time we've played.
Deuce

Postby beardmcdoug » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:02 pm

I'm curious about this one - I heard about it when it first came out and really enjoyed watching a couple youtube videos of some highlight,etc (pcgamer.com was featuring it heavily, with highlights etc when it first came out and I read that site regularly)

My question is this though; to me, it seems like the type of game that has a potential to be very "league of legends"-y in terms of community/frustration level. For those that don't or haven't played League of Legends, what I mean is that, it seems like there's a pretty high skill ceiling while also having to rely on 3 or 4 (often random) other people to coordinate complex strategies/moves. League of Legends is notoriously toxic - and I've seen it myself - where one guy screws up, people start bitching at eachother and by the end of a couple losses its flat out not fun anymore because of all the fighting and bickering - and I mean blackhole level of bickering. The game was always a BLAST for the first couple games, especially if you win one together, but if you hang around too long, or play 1 too many games it turns into an absolute **** show. I've seen friendships ruined over it lol - hence why I stopped playing after about 6 months.

Does that sort of **** happen in RL? TBH I expected the buzz around the game to sort of peter out by now, but it seems like it just keeps trucking

Just curious on some of ya'lls thoughts about it - do you get that, or see people get that "fatigue" from it or is it just a hilarious blast even if you're losing (like it sort of looks like based on the videos I've seen)? Never played but I'm interested
beardmcdoug

Postby Teitan » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:08 pm

I thought it was fun at first. But I’m so bad at it, it’s unenjoyable. I can do all those crazy flying shots and what not.
Teitan

Postby Nano » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:57 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:I'm curious about this one - I heard about it when it first came out and really enjoyed watching a couple youtube videos of some highlight,etc (pcgamer.com was featuring it heavily, with highlights etc when it first came out and I read that site regularly)

My question is this though; to me, it seems like the type of game that has a potential to be very "league of legends"-y in terms of community/frustration level. For those that don't or haven't played League of Legends, what I mean is that, it seems like there's a pretty high skill ceiling while also having to rely on 3 or 4 (often random) other people to coordinate complex strategies/moves. League of Legends is notoriously toxic - and I've seen it myself - where one guy screws up, people start bitching at eachother and by the end of a couple losses its flat out not fun anymore because of all the fighting and bickering - and I mean blackhole level of bickering. The game was always a BLAST for the first couple games, especially if you win one together, but if you hang around too long, or play 1 too many games it turns into an absolute **** show. I've seen friendships ruined over it lol - hence why I stopped playing after about 6 months.

Does that sort of **** happen in RL? TBH I expected the buzz around the game to sort of peter out by now, but it seems like it just keeps trucking

Just curious on some of ya'lls thoughts about it - do you get that, or see people get that "fatigue" from it or is it just a hilarious blast even if you're losing (like it sort of looks like based on the videos I've seen)? Never played but I'm interested

It's not really that toxic. Occasionally you'll get a douchenugget that tries to always be the one that scores....or they spam the chat with auto message(like constantly putting What a Save! after their teammates gives up a score). Usually those teams get beaten badly if they're against a team that's united.
Nano

Postby Deuce » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:32 am

beardmcdoug wrote:I'm curious about this one - I heard about it when it first came out and really enjoyed watching a couple youtube videos of some highlight,etc (pcgamer.com was featuring it heavily, with highlights etc when it first came out and I read that site regularly)

It does get frustrating playing with random people pretty often. Something will happen like...you're setting up for a shot and your teammate rams you out of position and then hits the ball right where the other team can now score (which is actually very easy to do accidentally in this game). Most people don't call out their teammates or will even hit the standard chat text "No problem" after a mistake. But every once in a while people will tell teammates they suck. It almost always ruins the game for everyone.

Other times, you'll get on a team where people actually enjoy making assists and working together. You'll perfectly set up a teammate for a goal, then you say "Nice shot" and your teammate says "Great pass" (all standard text replies). I always love this when I'm on the team and roll my eyes when the opposing team does it.

But the good news is that each match is only 5 minutes, and then you get new teammates.
Deuce

Postby beardmcdoug » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:57 am

cool. thanks for the insight guys

didn't know they were only 5 minute matches - that was always one of the biggest pains in the asses was that sometimes bad LoL games could drag on for 30 minutes if the surrender vote doesn't go through. 5 minutes of a **** time, then moving on to the next, is manageable

If I end up getting RL, I'll hit you guys up
beardmcdoug

Postby Noles1724 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:03 am

yeah I'm not sure it's going to die down anytime soon. RL is now an official esport, which I guess is a title given for games that can be played competitively in tournaments or whatnot. Also, they are always coming out with new updates and about once a year or so they seem to release a new game mode that really brings new life to the game for a bit.

as far as running into jerks.. yeah you tend to but honestly, like Deuce mentioned, it's only 5 minutes and then your on to the next one.. and that's if they don't quit. To me the biggest issue is when you are trying to move up in ranks and you end up playing teams (non random teams) and your team is full of RL Refugees. It makes it very difficult to gain momentum when you keep running into these teams.

recently Deuce and I have been teaming up but we're only two and if anyone is looking to team up for 3v3, hit me up on xbox.

Side Note: Deuce, I need a cool goal explosion(popcorn?)! hook a brother up!!!
Noles1724

Postby Deuce » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:37 am

Noles1724 wrote:

yeah I'm not sure it's going to die down anytime soon. RL is now an official esport, which I guess is a title given for games that can be played competitively in tournaments or whatnot. Also, they are always coming out with new updates and about once a year or so they seem to release a new game mode that really brings new life to the game for a bit.

as far as running into jerks.. yeah you tend to but honestly, like Deuce mentioned, it's only 5 minutes and then your on to the next one.. and that's if they don't quit. To me the biggest issue is when you are trying to move up in ranks and you end up playing teams (non random teams) and your team is full of RL Refugees. It makes it very difficult to gain momentum when you keep running into these teams.

recently Deuce and I have been teaming up but we're only two and if anyone is looking to team up for 3v3, hit me up on xbox.

Side Note: Deuce, I need a cool goal explosion(popcorn?)! hook a brother up!!!

I don't have any cool stuff, really. I opened a few crates through the holiday thing since you could do it for free but otherwise I have tons of them just sitting around. If you or anyone actually opens them, you can have mine.
Deuce

Return to Fantasy Sport/Video Games