Madden 2016

This is where you would discuss your fantasy team. Look for advice, as well as talk about your favorite video games. The Geekery so to speak.
post

Re: Madden 2016

Postby Nano » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:46 pm

Never been that much of a fan of 2K much either. I liked their College Hoops series, but not big on their NBA series(although I own NBA 2K14 because of my PSPlus membership). Their MLB games were laughably bad(Compared to The Show which is arguably the best sports series on the market).

As for EA, Madden and FIFA are fun...but they never really change that much year by year. The newer games feel like the old games with a new sheet of graphical paint on it. Would kill for the return of the NCAA Football series. Gameplay was better IMO then Madden
User avatar
Nano
 
Posts: 5242
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:30 pm
Location: Somewhere above Tampa
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 181 times

Re: Madden 2016

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:27 pm

So yesterday my nephew's over and he and my boys are playing video games in the room. I keep hearing these burst of anger, I know how it use to be getting mad at the game. So I take a peak to check on them and they are playing Madden, which my oldest hadn't played since I got it I believe. After watching for about 10 minutes I have to say this looks like one of the most fundamentally flawed games I've ever seen before. Holy hell! How does EA get away with putting crap like this on the market?
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 15072
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 84 times
Been thanked: 352 times

Re: Madden 2016

Postby The Outsider » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:33 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:So yesterday my nephew's over and he and my boys are playing video games in the room. I keep hearing these burst of anger, I know how it use to be getting mad at the game. So I take a peak to check on them and they are playing Madden, which my oldest hadn't played since I got it I believe. After watching for about 10 minutes I have to say this looks like one of the most fundamentally flawed games I've ever seen before. Holy hell! How does EA get away with putting crap like this on the market?



There are literally zero other football video games. That's how.
Image
User avatar
The Outsider
 
Posts: 1883
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:02 pm
Location: Gettin' all up in ya
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 150 times

Re: Madden 2016

Postby PrimeMinister » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:50 pm

The Outsider wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:So yesterday my nephew's over and he and my boys are playing video games in the room. I keep hearing these burst of anger, I know how it use to be getting mad at the game. So I take a peak to check on them and they are playing Madden, which my oldest hadn't played since I got it I believe. After watching for about 10 minutes I have to say this looks like one of the most fundamentally flawed games I've ever seen before. Holy hell! How does EA get away with putting crap like this on the market?



There are literally zero other football video games. That's how.


Yep. No reason to improve.
PrimeMinister
 
Posts: 4648
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:34 am
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 132 times

Re: Madden 2016

Postby Phantom Phenom » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:01 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:So yesterday my nephew's over and he and my boys are playing video games in the room. I keep hearing these burst of anger, I know how it use to be getting mad at the game. So I take a peak to check on them and they are playing Madden, which my oldest hadn't played since I got it I believe. After watching for about 10 minutes I have to say this looks like one of the most fundamentally flawed games I've ever seen before. Holy hell! How does EA get away with putting crap like this on the market?


you rather play this madden game in 90s ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_m9yyRartw
User avatar
Phantom Phenom
 
Posts: 2541
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:48 pm
Has thanked: 88 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: Madden 2016

Postby .irishHITMAN4rent » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:46 am

Imo Madden 07 was the last truly good game in the franchise, used to play nonstop for for nearly 3 years!!!!
.irishHITMAN4rent
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:07 pm
Has thanked: 134 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: Madden 2016

Postby The Outsider » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:12 am

.irishHITMAN4rent wrote:Imo Madden 07 was the last truly good game in the franchise, used to play nonstop for for nearly 3 years!!!!


I still play that on my old GameCube.
Image
User avatar
The Outsider
 
Posts: 1883
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:02 pm
Location: Gettin' all up in ya
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 150 times

Re: Madden 2016

Postby VauntedTampa2 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:15 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:So yesterday my nephew's over and he and my boys are playing video games in the room. I keep hearing these burst of anger, I know how it use to be getting mad at the game. So I take a peak to check on them and they are playing Madden, which my oldest hadn't played since I got it I believe. After watching for about 10 minutes I have to say this looks like one of the most fundamentally flawed games I've ever seen before. Holy hell! How does EA get away with putting crap like this on the market?

This reminds me of the Sweezy film watching.
VauntedTampa2
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 8:52 pm
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: Madden 2016

Postby Wesmon » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:31 pm

I was thinking about buying the new Madden but thankfully the people posting here reminded me why I hate EA sports. They spent their money buying up exclusivity deals with the major sports organizations so they wouldn't have to spend any money developing good games.

I remember when Madden was a good game, Tiger Woods golf was fun and 2k had great college basketball games. Now it seems like there is nothing good for sports video games.
Wesmon
 
Posts: 1054
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:23 am
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: Madden 2016

Postby A Man's Part » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:06 pm

I don't get the love for 2K games. They look like crap and play 'only OK'. They always have.

I'm going to be honest, I think EA Sports actually does a great job with Madden. In fact, I'd say they try to do too much between releases which leaves them with bugs which didn't used to be nearly as prevalent.


The only sports game I would hold up and say 'they definitely did a better job than EA' is the MLB the show games made by Sony. Those games are excellent from soundtrack to game play.



I feel like from what I see mostly, people who don't like madden are usually people who play a wide variety of games and have an established hate for EA.


... and I say this even while the last Madden (New Generation console) game was terrible, but mostly because of the changes that they made(that everyone is insistent they didn't make).
User avatar
A Man's Part
 
Posts: 998
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:26 am
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 43 times

Re: Madden 2016

Postby Heisenberg » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:42 pm

NBA 2k doesn't look like crap, nor play.. what other sports game have they even made recently? When 2k made NFL games mist everyone I knew preferred 2k then when they no longer had a choice everyone had to get on madden. Competition would be a win for everyone.
User avatar
Heisenberg
 
Posts: 3038
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:13 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: Madden 2016

Postby A Man's Part » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:27 am

Heisenberg wrote:NBA 2k doesn't look like crap, nor play.. what other sports game have they even made recently? When 2k made NFL games mist everyone I knew preferred 2k then when they no longer had a choice everyone had to get on madden. Competition would be a win for everyone.


The 2K games always had gimmicky stuff they added on. Madden has generally looked and performed better than any other franchise.

That's not to say I'm not for competition, but EA Sports clearly has quality down over other game providers. Even the NBA 2K games look a bit 'last-gen' if you know what I mean.


But I do hate the exclusive contracts the NFL hands out. It's literally their favorite thing in the world to do though(because it's profitable). DirecTV is exclusive for sunday ticket. Verizon is exclusive for NFL Mobile. They have countless other exclusive brands.

All I'm saying is that even when I had a choice, I would buy both games and generally end up playing Madden more because it is better. Fifa is phenomenal. NCAA EA games were great. EA makes a good sports game. They do everything else like ****. The other games didn't even hold up unless you liked gimmicky features. Please NFL 2K5 is a super overrated game which was developed and marketed in cheez. 'My crib'. LOL.
User avatar
A Man's Part
 
Posts: 998
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:26 am
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 43 times

Re: Madden 2016

Postby The Outsider » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:41 am

A Man's Part wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:NBA 2k doesn't look like crap, nor play.. what other sports game have they even made recently? When 2k made NFL games mist everyone I knew preferred 2k then when they no longer had a choice everyone had to get on madden. Competition would be a win for everyone.


The 2K games always had gimmicky stuff they added on. Madden has generally looked and performed better than any other franchise.

That's not to say I'm not for competition, but EA Sports clearly has quality down over other game providers. Even the NBA 2K games look a bit 'last-gen' if you know what I mean.


But I do hate the exclusive contracts the NFL hands out. It's literally their favorite thing in the world to do though(because it's profitable). DirecTV is exclusive for sunday ticket. Verizon is exclusive for NFL Mobile. They have countless other exclusive brands.

All I'm saying is that even when I had a choice, I would buy both games and generally end up playing Madden more because it is better. Fifa is phenomenal. NCAA EA games were great. EA makes a good sports game. They do everything else like ****. The other games didn't even hold up unless you liked gimmicky features. Please NFL 2K5 is a super overrated game which was developed and marketed in cheez. 'My crib'. LOL.


Madden was better than 2K NFL games, but it is worse now for not having the competition. And EA Sports is a joke. The only game they make that isn't consistently terrible is FIFA.
Image
User avatar
The Outsider
 
Posts: 1883
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:02 pm
Location: Gettin' all up in ya
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 150 times

Re: Madden 2016

Postby Heisenberg » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:10 am

I preffered 2ks gameplay over maddens bullshit too, couldnt care less about the crib stuff.
User avatar
Heisenberg
 
Posts: 3038
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:13 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: Madden 2016

Postby Noles1724 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:27 am

great game the other night.. down by 4, 9 secs left, 4th and GL from the 21.. VJ was my initial target with the slot being a possibility based on coverage (I've hit a long TD on this route before when coverage is right).. guy quit on me before I could kick the extra point.. sore loser. I had actually missed DM two times of the plays before on the same route/play :fire:

actually broadcasted the game so it's available to view if anyone is interested in the game/last play.

https://secure.twitch.tv/noles1724/v/56673442
Image
Noles1724
 
Posts: 1203
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Has thanked: 64 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Previous

post

Return to Fantasy Sport/Video Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest