Madden 2016

This is where you would discuss your fantasy team. Look for advice, as well as talk about your favorite video games. The Geekery so to speak.
Re: Madden 2016

Postby A Man's Part » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:33 pm

The Outsider wrote:
A Man's Part wrote:
Did you keep to their 3-4?

I ran about half and half 3-4/4-3. The interior rush was decent, but I had no outside pressure at all.

I used the browns some last year, because last year Manziel was very good for my offensive madden scheme statistically(his stats were off the charts last year). Last years game was much better defensively, so I can't guarantee my experience will transfer.

I found that I would convert the roster to a 4-3, and change the depth chart prior to the games(you can set a permanent roster for until the next update).

I found that most of their OLB were pretty good edge rushers(don't know if this is different this year) because they run a 3-4. I wanted to run a 4-3, so this required many depth chart changes. From there, I had no linebackers who could cover, so t wasn't perfect, but I think I was 5-0 with the Browns last year.
A Man's Part

Postby Noles1724 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:02 pm

Bucs d rating up three to 81, that's nice.
Noles1724

Postby PrimeMinister » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:09 pm

Noles1724 wrote:Bucs d rating up three to 81, that's nice.

Has Winston changed?
PrimeMinister

Postby Noles1724 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:49 pm

Correction the offense is up to 81 from 78..sure he has but not sure what he started at
Noles1724

Postby Heisenberg » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:48 pm

They needa fix kwons rating
Heisenberg

Postby theBKwhopper » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:34 pm

Has anybody else had problems with David's stats being really low? He always ranges from 25 to 80 tackles on my franchise.
theBKwhopper

Postby The Outsider » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:51 pm

theBKwhopper wrote:Has anybody else had problems with David's stats being really low? He always ranges from 25 to 80 tackles on my franchise.

That's because regardless of scheme the MLB always gets 140+ and the SS always gets 70+. Madden 2016 did some good things but it's still a pretty bad game.
The Outsider

Postby theBKwhopper » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:12 pm

The Outsider wrote:
theBKwhopper wrote:Has anybody else had problems with David's stats being really low? He always ranges from 25 to 80 tackles on my franchise.

That's because regardless of scheme the MLB always gets 140+ and the SS always gets 70+. Madden 2016 did some good things but it's still a pretty bad game.

I don't think Madden has been any good for years now. Too bad 2K can't make an NFL game.
theBKwhopper

Postby Noles1724 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:05 pm

unlike others have stated, this does not have anything to do with the quality of the game. It's more of the length of the gms that are played. thus less plays, and thus less opportunities to make tackles.

for those saying that the game is not good, I have to differ. it may not be a 'finished' gm but it's by far the best that has been put out in some years. I will say I hate when a player is "sucked" into a block.. especially when you are using a LB and trying to cheat to cover the edge but the predetermined player motion over rides the endusers initial movement.. often times causing the LB to take a block.
Noles1724

Postby The Outsider » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:01 pm

Noles1724 wrote:

unlike others have stated, this does not have anything to do with the quality of the game. It's more of the length of the gms that are played. thus less plays, and thus less opportunities to make tackles.

for those saying that the game is not good, I have to differ. it may not be a 'finished' gm but it's by far the best that has been put out in some years. I will say I hate when a player is "sucked" into a block.. especially when you are using a LB and trying to cheat to cover the edge but the predetermined player motion over rides the endusers initial movement.. often times causing the LB to take a block.

Just because it looks better compared to it's friends doesn't mean that it's good looking. EA can make good sports games. The FIFA games are pretty much always solid. They just need to take Madden away from Tiburon. The lack of competition is a big part of it too. 2k makes NBA and MLB games and Konami (I think) makes Pro Evolution Soccer. Those games push the EA counterparts to get better whereas Madden and NHL have zero competiton. I don't think it's a shock that those two are the weakest of the EA Sports line.
The Outsider

Postby Barry Mike Hawkiner » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:47 am

I have been in Australia since November and wanted to know the update on some of the stats (i don't have my xbox with me here)

Is Kwon still sub 70 rating?

Is Gmac still the only 90+ player on the team?

Winston was a 79 last time I checked... what is he now?

Martin was 82

Mike Evans was 87

Marpet was 76

Don Smith was 69

Lavonte was 87
Barry Mike Hawkiner

Postby A Man's Part » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:30 am

The Outsider wrote:
Noles1724 wrote:

Just because it looks better compared to it's friends doesn't mean that it's good looking. EA can make good sports games. The FIFA games are pretty much always solid. They just need to take Madden away from Tiburon. The lack of competition is a big part of it too. 2k makes NBA and MLB games and Konami (I think) makes Pro Evolution Soccer. Those games push the EA counterparts to get better whereas Madden and NHL have zero competiton. I don't think it's a shock that those two are the weakest of the EA Sports line.

I don't really think EA makes a baseball game.
A Man's Part

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:45 am

I have a very tough time getting sacks on 'All-Madden' level in franchise mode. I've tried rushing w/ every guy along the line and use various fronts. Blitizing 5, 6, and sometime even 7 helps some but the CPU still the ball out. At the end of the year I get about 35-40 team sacks w/ the top guy getting around 6-7.

Does anyone else have a hard time finding great CBs and Safeties in the draft? And develop them into mid-90's type players? Every other position I've been able to draft and develop guys into a mid-high 90's rating. But when CB's and Safeties are always 79-80 at best when drafted, and I haven't got one above 91 yet.
DreadNaught

Postby A Man's Part » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:43 pm

DreadNaught wrote:I have a very tough time getting sacks on 'All-Madden' level in franchise mode. I've tried rushing w/ every guy along the line and use various fronts. Blitizing 5, 6, and sometime even 7 helps some but the CPU still the ball out. At the end of the year I get about 35-40 team sacks w/ the top guy getting around 6-7.

Does anyone else have a hard time finding great CBs and Safeties in the draft? And develop them into mid-90's type players? Every other position I've been able to draft and develop guys into a mid-high 90's rating. But when CB's and Safeties are always 79-80 at best when drafted, and I haven't got one above 91 yet.

I look at LB 40 time then move them to safety. Otherwise I look at CB "hitting ability" and move them to safety.

With regards to your CB thing it is probably the "awareness" which is keeping their rank low. It is way over balanced.
A Man's Part

Postby Nano » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:30 pm

The Outsider wrote:Just because it looks better compared to it's friends doesn't mean that it's good looking. EA can make good sports games. The FIFA games are pretty much always solid. They just need to take Madden away from Tiburon. The lack of competition is a big part of it too. 2k makes NBA and MLB games and Konami (I think) makes Pro Evolution Soccer. Those games push the EA counterparts to get better whereas Madden and NHL have zero competiton. I don't think it's a shock that those two are the weakest of the EA Sports line.

Competition doesn't always make things better. NBA Live is always considered significantly worse then the 2K series(and speaking of the 2K, The Show always blew the MLB2K series until 2K gave up on it).
Nano

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:26 pm

Nano wrote:
The Outsider wrote:Just because it looks better compared to it's friends doesn't mean that it's good looking. EA can make good sports games. The FIFA games are pretty much always solid. They just need to take Madden away from Tiburon. The lack of competition is a big part of it too. 2k makes NBA and MLB games and Konami (I think) makes Pro Evolution Soccer. Those games push the EA counterparts to get better whereas Madden and NHL have zero competiton. I don't think it's a shock that those two are the weakest of the EA Sports line.

Competition doesn't always make things better. NBA Live is always considered significantly worse then the 2K series(and speaking of the 2K, The Show always blew the MLB2K series until 2K gave up on it).

But NBA2K is considered a great sports game. Competition works.
PrimeMinister

Postby The Outsider » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:56 am

A Man's Part wrote:
The Outsider wrote:

I don't really think EA makes a baseball game.

That may be true. I know they used to make one.
The Outsider

Postby The Outsider » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:58 am

Nano wrote:

That's the definition of competition being good for consumers because in that scenario I have a good alternative to the **** that is NBA Live.
The Outsider

Postby Heisenberg » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:29 pm

Games just fustrating..pvp is fun but I just cant get that into franchise mode...and how do u stop the ai QB from completing like 75% of his passes so much? Or is it just the Bucs D?
Heisenberg

Postby A Man's Part » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:36 pm

I can't stand any of 2Ks games.
A Man's Part

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:43 pm

Heisenberg wrote:Games just fustrating..pvp is fun but I just cant get that into franchise mode...and how do u stop the ai QB from completing like 75% of his passes so much? Or is it just the Bucs D?

That's just the game. Not sure what level you paly on, but on All-Madden the cpu will score when it wants at times, all youcan do is slow them down. I have a pretty bad ass franchise team in year 8 and CPU still 'video games me up' at times. I do have all the cpu sliders maxed however, so that may be part of it. I like the challenge though, even though I know that when it's happening resistance is futile, and I should just send 7 man pressure :D
DreadNaught

Postby Heisenberg » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:01 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:Games just fustrating..pvp is fun but I just cant get that into franchise mode...and how do u stop the ai QB from completing like 75% of his passes so much? Or is it just the Bucs D?

That's just the game. Not sure what level you paly on, but on All-Madden the cpu will score when it wants at times, all youcan do is slow them down. I have a pretty bad ass franchise team in year 8 and CPU still 'video games me up' at times. I do have all the cpu sliders maxed however, so that may be part of it. I like the challenge though, even though I know that when it's happening resistance is futile, and I should just send 7 man pressure :D

All madden...i mean even when they dont put alot of points up they always complete everything..just seems much worse there than past maddens.
Heisenberg

Postby A Man's Part » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:23 pm

This Madden seems big on "bend but don't break". If you're not getting turnovers you need to keep them on longer drives. I feel like the longer they have to sustain their drive the better odds you get with the RNG later in the drive.

The game is biased against teams sustaining long drives because EA bases the odds with the RNG on live stats from the previous NFL year.
A Man's Part

Postby The Outsider » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:25 pm

A Man's Part wrote:I can't stand any of 2Ks games.

You don't have to enjoy a single 2K game in order for the competition to be a good thing. Madden has markedly declined since EA got NFL exclusivity and NFL 2K ceased to exist. That's a simple fact.
The Outsider

Postby PrimeMinister » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:39 pm

NBA 2K is consistently a great sports game.
PrimeMinister

Postby Bootz2004 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:39 pm

I saw this discussion and asked my sons how they liked it. I got it for them Black Friday. None of them had played since before Christmas.
Bootz2004

Postby Bootz2004 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:40 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:

Yep. That's what most of the kids are playing now.
Bootz2004

Postby PrimeMinister » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:54 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:

Yep. That's what most of the kids are playing now.

It's been that way for a few years now.
PrimeMinister

Postby Barry Mike Hawkiner » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:42 pm

What is Doug Martin's rating?
Barry Mike Hawkiner

Postby The Outsider » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:01 pm

Barry Mike Hawkiner wrote:What is Doug Martin's rating?

90 or 92, I think.
The Outsider

PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy Sport/Video Games