BucZone Yahoo FF League!!

This is where you would discuss your fantasy team. Look for advice, as well as talk about your favorite video games. The Geekery so to speak.
Re: BucZone Yahoo FF League!!

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:19 am

Do the head to head matchups play a factor in ranking?
Bootz2004

Postby Brazen331 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:02 pm

Pewterslimsme wrote:
Doctor wrote: this league using a "rolling" system, not a reset-every-week system. Need to adjust to that.

Pretty much why I've only had 1 decent RB all year long. I've taken flyers on guys all year long which resets my waiver wire order down to the high teens rather than it going by record. Oh well....live and learn, no big deal.

I came in 2nd in a 10-team league that used points to determine winner last year solely because I drafted a good team and won. I was last place or second to last in waiver order every damn week. Guys who didn't prepare and screwed up their draft were rewarded due to their ignorance. If I had top waiver priority just once during the season I probably would have won an extra 500.

So no, I am no fan of letting the team with the worst record get the first selection every single week. Maybe the problem was the league set-up, no playoff, just points, but the experience was extremely frustrating. I think it is a competitive disadvantage if one guy can get first priority 6 or 7 times a season.
Brazen331

Postby Pewterslimsme » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:47 pm

Brazen331 wrote:
Pewterslimsme wrote:
Pretty much why I've only had 1 decent RB all year long. I've taken flyers on guys all year long which resets my waiver wire order down to the high teens rather than it going by record. Oh well....live and learn, no big deal.

I came in 2nd in a 10-team league that used points to determine winner last year solely because I drafted a good team and won. I was last place or second to last in waiver order every damn week. Guys who didn't prepare and screwed up their draft were rewarded due to their ignorance. If I had top waiver priority just once during the season I probably would have won an extra 500.

So no, I am no fan of letting the team with the worst record get the first selection every single week. Maybe the problem was the league set-up, no playoff, just points, but the experience was extremely frustrating. I think it is a competitive disadvantage if one guy can get first priority 6 or 7 times a season.

I get that, I do...but speaking for this league specifically in a league this large w/ a bench so deep you have to burn your waiver in my situation every week just to field a team w/ 1/2 a chance.

Now, given my bad luck at RB plus the initial 3 or 4 weeks or whatever it was before Gronk (my first pick) even scored a point may have compounded having a team that couldn't possibly win a game early on but it certainly didn't help being at the back of the waiver order literally every week.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's been unfair but definitely frustrating the way I've had to try and piecemeal a roster together every week.
Pewterslimsme

Postby Brazen331 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:32 pm

How does the waiver wire work here, exactly? I was assuming that the team with the last pick in the 1st got top priority week 1 and it rotated from there. Seems that assumption is wrong. I haven't been checking my queue status and did not know about any burning of position as I figured with so many teams I'm never going to land the top pickup.
Brazen331

Postby Doctor » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:04 pm

Brazen331 wrote:
Pewterslimsme wrote:

Same logic as the NFL draft. Clearly teams that suck more get first pick to help level things out. There's a lot that goes into having a "great draft", just like the real draft it's half luck or bad luck. If there's a guy getting the first priority 6 times, then he clearly has a very bad team. Hard to say he is getting an advantage.
Doctor

Postby Brazen331 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:32 pm

Doctor wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:

Same logic as the NFL draft. Clearly teams that suck more get first pick to help level things out. There's a lot that goes into having a "great draft", just like the real draft it's half luck or bad luck. If there's a guy getting the first priority 6 times, then he clearly has a very bad team. Hard to say he is getting an advantage.

I'm not just referring to the last place team when I say advantage. In my above example I was denied a waiver 7 or 8 times while half the teams were never denied once. It became impossible for me to stay in first as the season wore on as injuries set in. I just don't think it's fair if every advantage just goes to the bottom.

The draft order is not based on need its random so I think every team should get a week where they have 1st priority.
Brazen331

Postby Doctor » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:53 am

The REAL NFL draft order.
Doctor

Postby Pewterslimsme » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:25 am

Another decisive victory.
Pewterslimsme

Postby Buc2 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:50 am

1094.8 points against. {sigh}
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby The Outsider » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:40 pm

I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.
The Outsider

Postby BucJordan » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:54 pm

Phantom Phenom wrote:Wtf?

Is this a joke?

Worse trade ever

LOL. Never checked the thread to see the reactions. For the record, he offered the trade to me. I know Hopkins has been a relative disappointment but Doc must really have some faith in Sammy to think he'll come back healthy enough these last few games to make a difference.
BucJordan

Postby BucJordan » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:02 pm

Buc2 wrote:1094.8 points against. {sigh}

Yeah...you never get to play yourself or it'd be lower!

I can't complain at all personally. Sitting at 7-3 with only about a +25 point margin is pretty nuts. I think I just got totally blown out in my 3 losses due to the injuries to Watkins, Decker and Langford a won a bunch of fairly close ones since. I'm sure it won't last but once we get to playoffs anything can happen.
BucJordan

Postby Buc2 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:33 am

BucJordan wrote:
Buc2 wrote:1094.8 points against. {sigh}

Yeah...you never get to play yourself or it'd be lower!

I have no problem admitting my team sucks (3rd from bottom in scoring). I'll do better next year. :D
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Doctor » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:27 pm

BucJordan wrote:
Phantom Phenom wrote:Wtf?

Is this a joke?

Worse trade ever

LOL. Never checked the thread to see the reactions. For the record, he offered the trade to me. I know Hopkins has been a relative disappointment but Doc must really have some faith in Sammy to think he'll come back healthy enough these last few games to make a difference.

That's exactly it. I may be out thinking myself on this, but I'm seeing Sammy have a big final quarter during the playoffs.
Doctor

Postby The Outsider » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:31 pm

Lol this is so not my year. Both Ingram and Matthews get knocked out of their respective games. They're the 4th and 5th RBs to get injured for me along with the 6th getting cut.

FML
The Outsider

Postby Pewterslimsme » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:03 pm

Your bad luck is basically unstoppable
Pewterslimsme

Postby The Outsider » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:02 am

Pewterslimsme wrote:Your bad luck is basically unstoppable

Something something, quality loss.
The Outsider

Postby real bucs fan » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:49 am

Forgot I had AJ in this league. Ouch.
real bucs fan

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:04 pm

Who wants to help Bootz win this thing? Time for you people to unload your good players for draft picks. I need help at RB and TE maybe.
Bootz2004

Postby Pewterslimsme » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:57 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:Who wants to help Bootz win this thing? Time for you people to unload your good players for draft picks. I need help at RB and TE maybe.

Since when is this a redraft/keeper league or are you just trying to dupe somebody lol
Pewterslimsme

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:58 pm

Pewterslimsme wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:Who wants to help Bootz win this thing? Time for you people to unload your good players for draft picks. I need help at RB and TE maybe.

Since when is this a redraft/keeper league or are you just trying to dupe somebody lol

Bootz2004

Postby Doctor » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:21 pm

Nice win Bootz. Didn't expect Brees to lay such an egg. Ugh. Two heart breaking one point losses before this.... now I'm scrambling to just MAKE the playoffs.
Doctor

Postby BucJordan » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:48 am

I love how competitive this league has been. No one with less than 4 losses is pretty incredible. Five players tied at 7-4 with another four at 6-5. Three more in the hunt at 5-6 with a feasible chance at playoffs. It's going to be a wild last couple weeks.
BucJordan

Postby Phantom Phenom » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:19 pm

Last edited by Phantom Phenom on Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phantom Phenom

Postby Phantom Phenom » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:43 pm

Brazen331 wrote:How does the waiver wire work here, exactly? I was assuming that the team with the last pick in the 1st got top priority week 1 and it rotated from there. Seems that assumption is wrong. I haven't been checking my queue status and did not know about any burning of position as I figured with so many teams I'm never going to land the top pickup.

I agree! Ridiculous!!!
Phantom Phenom

Postby Pewterslimsme » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:31 pm

The waiver priority works like this...after the draft the waiver priority was the reverse order of the draft. From there, if you submitted a waiver request and it was processed that puts you at the bottom of the waiver priority order. So if you had the 16th pick in the draft, then you were the first waiver priority for the 1st waiver period. If you were the ONLY person to process a waiver claim then you dropped to #16 in the waiver order and everyone else moves up a spot by virtue of them not exercising their waiver order for that week. However, since multiple teams process waiver picks every week the order shuffles insanely every week because every time you are granted the claim you are back at the bottom of the list (even within that week--i.e. if teams submit multiple claims per week the second and any subsequent claims are processed on the resulting waiver claim earlier in that waiver claim cycle for that week if that makes sense)
Pewterslimsme

Postby The Outsider » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:02 pm

Pewterslimsme wrote:The waiver priority works like this...after the draft the waiver priority was the reverse order of the draft. From there, if you submitted a waiver request and it was processed that puts you at the bottom of the waiver priority order. So if you had the 16th pick in the draft, then you were the first waiver priority for the 1st waiver period. If you were the ONLY person to process a waiver claim then you dropped to #16 in the waiver order and everyone else moves up a spot by virtue of them not exercising their waiver order for that week. However, since multiple teams process waiver picks every week the order shuffles insanely every week because every time you are granted the claim you are back at the bottom of the list (even within that week--i.e. if teams submit multiple claims per week the second and any subsequent claims are processed on the resulting waiver claim earlier in that waiver claim cycle for that week if that makes sense)

So you're telling me it's stupid
The Outsider

Postby Pewterslimsme » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:15 pm

Yeah
Pewterslimsme

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:55 pm

Dread, what possessed you to start Winston over Prescott against Bootz? You gotta bring your A game and that ain't it.
Bootz2004

Postby Phantom Phenom » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:43 pm

Trade deadline passed?
Phantom Phenom

PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy Sport/Video Games