What games are you playing thread

This is where you would discuss your fantasy team. Look for advice, as well as talk about your favorite video games. The Geekery so to speak.
Re: What games are you playing thread

Postby Heisenberg » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:34 pm

Gay
Heisenberg

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:52 pm

Heisenberg wrote:Gay

no you are thinking of talking tom cat

Zarniwoop

Postby Buc2 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:08 am

Zarniwoop wrote:
Buc2 wrote:See... That ^^ is what happens when you raise girls.

i'm wrapped around her finger.

she thinks I actually care about the game...but its just the time with her

shes my :pink:

You don't have to tell me. I raised 2 girls. When they were growing up, it was Nintendo games. Mario Bros... Donkey Kong...
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby PieRat » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:24 am

Good ole Garry's mod and Minecraft with the kids.... When I have free time without the kids then Elite:Dangerous, and waiting on more alpha content foe StarCitizen.
PieRat

Postby Heisenberg » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:43 pm

Buc2 wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:

i'm wrapped around her finger.

she thinks I actually care about the game...but its just the time with her

shes my :pink:

You don't have to tell me. I raised 2 girls. When they were growing up, it was Nintendo games. Mario Bros... Donkey Kong...

Those are legit games tho
Heisenberg

Postby Buc2 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:07 pm

Heisenberg wrote:
Buc2 wrote:

Those are legit games tho

lol
True enough. What is important, though, is those are the games THEY wanted, so those are the games they got. zarni's little one want's sissy games so that's what she gets. :D

By the way... I enjoyed playing Mario Bros with them. Donkey Kong not so much.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:21 pm

She is only 5...sissy games are more than appropriate :)
Zarniwoop

Postby Buc2 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:55 am

Zarniwoop wrote:She is only 5...sissy games are more than appropriate :)

Absolutely! When my oldest one was 5, Nintendo didn't even exist yet. The only computer games I had we games like Space Taxi on a Commodore 64. :lol:
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Zarniwoop » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:17 am

Buc2 wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:She is only 5...sissy games are more than appropriate :)

Absolutely! When my oldest one was 5, Nintendo didn't even exist yet. The only computer games I had we games like Space Taxi on a Commodore 64. :lol:

The first game I ever played was on a commodore 64. I think it was called something like Zork
Zarniwoop

Postby Hit55 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:45 am

Speaking of all these old school systems, I started to feel a bit nostalgic. So I did some digging around and found my old stash of SNES stuff. Was able to get NBA Jam and Super Mario World (probably my favorite game of all time) up and running again...quite happily, I might add.
Hit55

Postby Noles1724 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:02 am

Currently have an offer with someone for an NES with several kick ass games like all the Marios, paper boy I and II, master blaster, contra to name a few, about 30 in all.

Assuming the system works correctly, what would you offer?
Noles1724

Postby Hit55 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:35 am

Noles1724 wrote:Currently have an offer with someone for an NES with several kick ass games like all the Marios, paper boy I and II, master blaster, contra to name a few, about 30 in all.

It's pretty tricky. Assuming the games work, and for a set that size, I would try to keep it at nothing more than $200. A working console isn't very difficult to find...getting games that will still work is what will be tricky. They would have had to be very well preserved or recently taken apart and cleaned.
Hit55

Postby lachisbackisback » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:49 am

I don't think that's true, necessarily. There are all sorts of places around me that sell NES games for very little, like $5 unless it's a tough to find the game. My household has an NES and a bunch of games, like 40. The system is kinda wonky, but none of the games have been a problem at all, and they weren't taken care of in the least.

I would check ebay for the price on a random game that no one probably wants, one of the games like paperboy that you think might be tougher to get, multiply the first number by about 25 and the latter number by like 5, add those, tack on like $20-30 for the system and then subtract $50 because you're making it easy on the guy by buying them all at once. Then think about lowballing him further if you don't particularly like him.
lachisbackisback

Postby The Outsider » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:42 pm

Hit55 wrote:
Noles1724 wrote:Currently have an offer with someone for an NES with several kick ass games like all the Marios, paper boy I and II, master blaster, contra to name a few, about 30 in all.

It's pretty tricky. Assuming the games work, and for a set that size, I would try to keep it at nothing more than $200. A working console isn't very difficult to find...getting games that will still work is what will be tricky. They would have had to be very well preserved or recently taken apart and cleaned.

That part about the games is not true at all. Unless the circuitry in the cartridge has been exposed to a corrosivr substance the games will work just fine. My original copy of Final Fantasy still works and I almost never clean it nor do I keep it well preserved.
The Outsider

Postby Hit55 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:08 pm

Yikes! In the couple times I've ordered an original NES game on eBay, 2/3 games I've received needed a wipe-down across the connectors with a Q-tip. It isn't a huge deal...but I did get one game that no matter what I did, it just would not work with me: Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Which was kind of sad because I used to like that game as a kid.

My opinion on games being the tricky part pretty much just stems from the games I've purchased off eBay. I'm glad I got Double Dragon to go...and at least Roger Rabit wasn't a high priced game. But you guys are right. Most of the games from my own childhood collection still work perfectly fine...though they have been sitting in a box with cap/covers on.

All that said, anyone else in the mood for Mike Tyson's Punch-Out! all of a sudden?
Hit55

Postby lachisbackisback » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:45 pm

It's funny, actually. I was reminiscing about Evander Holyfield Real Deal Boxing this morning. Just out of the blue. Loved that game. It was Sega, not Nintendo, though.

lachisbackisback

Postby The Outsider » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:16 pm

All this NES talk is making me want to play this:

The Outsider

Postby UbuntuBuc » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:30 pm

I have been playing:

• FTL: Faster Than Light
  • Legend of Grimrock
  • Osmos
  • Small World 2
  • Battle of Wesnoth
UbuntuBuc

Postby PieRat » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:57 pm

UbuntuBuc wrote:I have been playing:

• FTL: Faster Than Light
  • Legend of Grimrock
  • Osmos
  • Small World 2
  • Battle of Wesnoth

I never finished Grimrock. That is a bitch of a game! I do have LoG2 but determined not to get involved with it till I beat the first one... Damn Steam sales!
PieRat

Postby The Outsider » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:28 am

Elder Scrolls Online. It's going buy to play on Tuesday so I decided to resub a few weeks back to get a head start on the crap added/changed in the latest (25GB) patch. Still a good game with a lot of potential, but there is massive lag during large scale pvp.
The Outsider

Postby Heisenberg » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:48 pm

Rented dying light but haven't got into it. Just did the tutorial **** at the start and found the park our **** a Lil annoying.
Heisenberg

Postby Buc2 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:29 am

Closing in on the end of DA: Inquisition. While I've enjoyed it, I don't see myself playing it again. Too long. I'm 200 hours into it at this point. Of course, I've done all the side quests available and gotten all but a few of the other stuff (rifts, shards, killed all the dragons, etc.). The only thing I haven't bothered getting all of are some of the requisition tasks. But it really takes doing most of that stuff in order to level up to a point you're strong enough to win the boss battles. Anyway, no way am I spending 200+ hours in this game again.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby The Outsider » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:04 am

Buc2 wrote:Closing in on the end of DA: Inquisition. While I've enjoyed it, I don't see myself playing it again. Too long. I'm 200 hours into it at this point. Of course, I've done all the side quests available and gotten all but a few of the other stuff (rifts, shards, killed all the dragons, etc.). The only thing I haven't bothered getting all of are some of the requisition tasks. But it really takes doing most of that stuff in order to level up to a point you're strong enough to win the boss battles. Anyway, no way am I spending 200+ hours in this game again.

Errr.....I beat the game in 80 hours my first run. A vast majority of the collection side quests are totally optional (occularum, astrariums, etc.) As for leveling, I didn't experience any issues, that said if you were playing a rogue they simply fucked up when designing that class. Way too squishy.
The Outsider

Postby Buc2 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:04 am

The Outsider wrote:
Buc2 wrote:Closing in on the end of DA: Inquisition. While I've enjoyed it, I don't see myself playing it again. Too long. I'm 200 hours into it at this point. Of course, I've done all the side quests available and gotten all but a few of the other stuff (rifts, shards, killed all the dragons, etc.). The only thing I haven't bothered getting all of are some of the requisition tasks. But it really takes doing most of that stuff in order to level up to a point you're strong enough to win the boss battles. Anyway, no way am I spending 200+ hours in this game again.

Errr.....I beat the game in 80 hours my first run. A vast majority of the collection side quests are totally optional (occularum, astrariums, etc.) As for leveling, I didn't experience any issues, that said if you were playing a rogue they simply fucked up when designing that class. Way too squishy.

I understand I could have completed the game in a lot less time. I pretty much did everything available though. I'm playing as a mage. Since there are some cheats available, I'm sure I could play a new game in much less time. Still not sure I want to devote even another 80 hours into it though. I may change my mind after I move on to another game for a while. Planning to start AC Rogue next.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby The Outsider » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:13 pm

Buc2 wrote:
The Outsider wrote:

I understand I could have completed the game in a lot less time. I pretty much did everything available though. I'm playing as a mage. Since there are some cheats available, I'm sure I could play a new game in much less time. Still not sure I want to devote even another 80 hours into it though. I may change my mind after I move on to another game for a while. Planning to start AC Rogue next.

Rogue has been decent so far.
The Outsider

Postby Buc2 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:07 am

The Outsider wrote:
Buc2 wrote:

Rogue has been decent so far.

Good to hear.

Okay... I finished Inquisition last night. The final boss fight was too easy. I didn't even need to restock potions. Of course, because I had done all the side quests, etc., I was at level 24 (or maybe it was level 25 ??), so that might have had a lot to do with it being so easy. Still a fun game and definitely kept me engaged. Looking forward to the next installment.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Heisenberg » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:41 am

Ho2d yal like black flag. I have it but never got far into it
Heisenberg

Postby Buc2 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:39 pm

Heisenberg wrote:Ho2d yal like black flag. I have it but never got far into it

I really enjoyed it. One of their top 2 imo. The other being, Revelations (loved the Ezio story line in that one). In Black Flag, naval combat is introduced for the first time as you probably already know. I found the naval quests fun and very challenging..not impossible to get good at but impossible to master. At least it was for me.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Heisenberg » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:22 pm

Hmm guess ill try it again. I liked revalations too(pretty sure thats the one i liked). Its just seems more of the same in a way i guess, the run here, go here, kill them,.etc..

Gotta play dying light first tho bout to start that
Heisenberg

Postby Fiasco » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:56 am

Dragonball Xenoverse
Fiasco

PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy Sport/Video Games