2019 Fantasy Football Discussion Thread

This is where you would discuss your fantasy team. Look for advice, as well as talk about your favorite video games. The Geekery so to speak.
2019 Fantasy Football Discussion Thread

Postby MJW » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:53 pm

For discussions not related to the BZ League.

I'll start.

My keeper league drafts this weekend. Because of keepers, the first round looks like a normal draft's 3rd round. ANYWAY, where I'm picking, I'm going to likely be choosing between 3 backs.

Mark Ingram, Ravens
Leonard Fournette, Jaguars
Derrick Henry, Titans

Henry is more the fallback I think

Really, it's going to come down to Ingram vs Fournette for me. On one hand, Ingram is the unsexiest pick in the history of fantasy. But he's going to be The Man on a running team, behind a good line. He seems like a mortal lock for 300-1200-8. But he probably won't catch many passes (it's PPR), and his ceiling looks a lot like his floor. He'll help each week, but he's not winning many games for me.

Then there's Fournette. The downsides are many - he's been injury prone, he's been suspended before, and he's not a great receiver, either. But the upside is insane. He has top five ability, he's probably going to get like 400 carries if he stays on the field, and with Nick Foles, he'll face favorable schemes for the first time in his career.

Who would you go with?

For the sake of discussion, you can choose Henry (or Devonta Freeman, or Dalvin Cook, the next two on my board)

(And yes, I have to go for a running back - I kept Michael Thomas and Chris Godwin, so I'm set at receiver.)
MJW

Re: 2019 Fantasy Football Discussion Thread

Postby acmillis » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:46 am

I have Ingram and I see him in more of a committee, so having him as your RB1 is no bueno IMO.

I probably go with Leonard or Devontae Freeman.
acmillis

Postby real bucs fan » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:48 am

I’d lean towards Henry. Best combo of upside and floor. Who are your other keepers besides Godwin and Thomas?
real bucs fan

Postby Konatown » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:43 am

I think I’d go Fournette, he had a down year last year but 4/5 of his starting OL were banged up. I think he bounces back and has a higher ceiling than Ingram.

So I’ve got the 4th pick in a half point PPR league. Was happy to get it as I’d have one of Barkley, McCaffrey, Kamara Or Zeke to pick from. But with Zeke still threatening to hold out I’m leaning against taking him unless he’s signed before our draft (this Sunday).

I’m not huge on Bell or David Johnson this year and I think 4 is too rich to take a WR in a non full PPR format. So I’m really liking Nick Chubb. I think he’s going to benefit quite a bit on that Browns offense, and I’m not too worried about Hunt coming back week 10 as Chubb should still get the lions share of the carries by the time Hunt gets into game shape.

What do you guys think?
Konatown

Postby acmillis » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:55 am

Konatown wrote:I think I’d go Fournette, he had a down year last year but 4/5 of his starting OL were banged up. I think he bounces back and has a higher ceiling than Ingram.

So I’ve got the 4th pick in a half point PPR league. Was happy to get it as I’d have one of Barkley, McCaffrey, Kamara Or Zeke to pick from. But with Zeke still threatening to hold out I’m leaning against taking him unless he’s signed before our draft (this Sunday).

I’m not huge on Bell or David Johnson this year and I think 4 is too rich to take a WR in a non full PPR format. So I’m really liking Nick Chubb. I think he’s going to benefit quite a bit on that Browns offense, and I’m not too worried about Hunt coming back week 10 as Chubb should still get the lions share of the carries by the time Hunt gets into game shape.

What do you guys think?

You'll be able to get Chubb at 20 assuming it is a 12 team league, so I think going him at 4 is CRAZY. I'd take David Johnson there, but if you're adverse, I'd then look to James Conner.
acmillis

Postby Konatown » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:31 am

acmillis wrote:
Konatown wrote:I think I’d go Fournette, he had a down year last year but 4/5 of his starting OL were banged up. I think he bounces back and has a higher ceiling than Ingram.

What do you guys think?

You'll be able to get Chubb at 20 assuming it is a 12 team league, so I think going him at 4 is CRAZY. I'd take David Johnson there, but if you're adverse, I'd then look to James Conner.

Chubb’s current ADP is 9(according to fantasy pros site). But I get what you’re saying, I like Connor as well but hopefully Zeke signs and this is a moot point. I just think Chubb’s ceiling is higher
Last edited by Konatown on Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Konatown

Postby uscbucsfan » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:55 am

I'm weary of David Johnson, especially in a non PPR.

He was pretty bad last year and he's got another rookie QB and bad offensive line this year. He just doesn't look that explosive anymore.
uscbucsfan

Postby Konatown » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:03 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:I'm weary of David Johnson, especially in a non PPR.

He was pretty bad last year and he's got another rookie QB and bad offensive line this year. He just doesn't look that explosive anymore.

I know it’s only preseason, but after watching the Cardinals first string struggle mightily against the Raiders on multiple drives, I don’t want any part of that offense.
Konatown

Postby Konatown » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:07 pm

As for Bell, I think he’ll get a good amount of carries/targets. But the NYJ offense is a significant downgrade compared to what he had at Pittsburgh. Can he carry the load with a below average OL and passing game? Not to mention he hasn’t played in over a year, he’s either going to be super fresh or rusty at the get go.
Konatown

Postby ComingThisFall » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:29 pm

I also have the 4th pick in a half point PPR. It’s a 16 team league. Been going back and forth on Bell and Chubb

I’m actually coming back around to Zeke. My gut tells me he’ll be back for opening day. Gotta get Pollard as the handcuff just in case

It gets no easier from there for the second and third picks from the 4 spot. All the WR1s are gone. Might end up with something like Zeke/Damien Williams/Fournette :/
ComingThisFall

Postby Brazen331 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:45 pm

MJW wrote:For discussions not related to the BZ League.

I'll start.

My keeper league drafts this weekend. Because of keepers, the first round looks like a normal draft's 3rd round. ANYWAY, where I'm picking, I'm going to likely be choosing between 3 backs.

Mark Ingram, Ravens
Derrick Henry, Titans

Really, it's going to come down to Ingram vs Fournette for me. On one hand, Ingram is the unsexiest pick in the history of fantasy. But he's going to be The Man on a running team, behind a good line. He seems like a mortal lock for 300-1200-8. But he probably won't catch many passes (it's PPR), and his ceiling looks a lot like his floor. He'll help each week, but he's not winning many games for me.

Then there's Fournette. The downsides are many - he's been injury prone, he's been suspended before, and he's not a great receiver, either. But the upside is insane. He has top five ability, he's probably going to get like 400 carries if he stays on the field, and with Nick Foles, he'll face favorable schemes for the first time in his career.

Who would you go with?

For the sake of discussion, you can choose Henry (or Devonta Freeman, or Dalvin Cook, the next two on my board)

(And yes, I have to go for a running back - I kept Michael Thomas and Chris Godwin, so I'm set at receiver.)

I just had this same choice in a draft I just did. I had the 6th overall pick and Zeke slid so I snagged him and followed that up with OBJ in the 2nd. When my 3rd pick came around Cook was off the board and Fournette went the pick before.

So I chose Freeman over Henry and Ingram and I would have taken him over Fournette, too. In a standard I might take Ingram over Freeman but not in a PPR. I think Ryan might be the top fantasy QB this year so I won’t pass up Freeman in a PPR.
Brazen331

Postby Deuce » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:45 am

MJW wrote:For discussions not related to the BZ League.

I'll start.

Mark Ingram, Ravens
Derrick Henry, Titans

Who would you go with?

I'm not touching Derrick Henry with a 10-foot pole. I saw some stat, in like 47 career games, he's gone over 80 yards in 7. That may not be exactly right, but it's in the ballpark.

You have Ingram rated really highly. I haven't seen him rated up in that tier anywhere. Fantasypros ADP has Cook at RB11, Fournette going RB12, Freeman is RB17, Ingram going RB23, Henry is RB21.

I really like Ingram this year but he has a ton of competition in that backfield- Gus Edwards, Kenneth Dixon, and new rookie sensation Justice Hill, not to mention Lamar Jackson. I think Ingram outperforms ADP but I wouldn't compare him to Cook, Fournette, or Freeman who have no competition in their backfields.

In your position, I probably go Fournette. I like Freeman, too. I'm not drafting Dalvin Cook because I have the past two years and he's gotten injured. I just can't do it. But all 3 of these guys have top 5 RB potential if they can stay healthy. There really isn't a wrong answer.
Deuce

Postby Deuce » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:51 am

I mean...he did finish as a top 10 back in most leagues. 1,400 total yards and 10 TDs is still really good.

I was pretty high on him early in the process. The Cards were awful last year and he was still an RB1. But his preseason play and the Cardinals in general have me worried now.
Deuce

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:43 pm

Deuce wrote:

I mean...he did finish as a top 10 back in most leagues. 1,400 total yards and 10 TDs is still really good.

I was pretty high on him early in the process. The Cards were awful last year and he was still an RB1. But his preseason play and the Cardinals in general have me worried now.

I mean weary as a top 4-5 pick as the previous poster had discussed in non PPR. I'm not even sure I'd take him in the 1st round this year, but he could pay off.

In PPR, he's still a first round pick, still not top 4 for me.
uscbucsfan

Postby NavyBuc » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:27 pm

I'm in a dynasty league (keeper draft) for six years now. I actually really love it compared to a regular fantasy league. Really allows you to be creative with trades and look for sleepers. You're allowed to keep 20 guys a year and we have a 10-round draft each season. I love rookie/FA drafts because you can try and trade draft picks to move up like it was a real NFL draft. I've gotten lucky that most of my original year draft picks have panned out (i.e. Hopkins, Edelman, Gurley, T. Hill, Thielen) and got Mahomes in one of my rookie drafts. I've won $4k in my league the last five years. I also have a job where I freelance write for a fantasy site which is cool side money.

As for advice, I'd stay away from Ingram if you're in a non-PPR. He's become injury prone the last couple years and Baltimore's backfield is crowded. Justice Hill, I believe, will emerge by mid-season as the guy. I personally like Fournette this year, as long as he stays healthy. The Titans are likely to split more with Henry/Lewis and Fournette should get at least 80+% of the snaps in Jax.

I actually just took a late flier on Ogunbawale in my draft. I think he's going to be starting at some point this season. I'm also high on Dexter Williams in Green Bay. I watched him at Notre Dame and the guy is scary fast and dangerous when he breaks loose. He won't be a #1 guy because his blocking and pass-catching isn't great, but word is he is wowing a lot of people in GB thus far and could go ahead of Jamaal WIlliams on the depth chart.
NavyBuc

Postby Konatown » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:42 pm

So now reports are Dallas made Elliott an offer to be the2nd highest paid RB in the league and he declined, but should be signed by the regular season. I keep going back and forth and whether or not to draft him at 4.
Konatown

Postby MJW » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:00 am

NavyBuc wrote:I'm in a dynasty league (keeper draft) for six years now. I actually really love it compared to a regular fantasy league. Really allows you to be creative with trades and look for sleepers. You're allowed to keep 20 guys a year and we have a 10-round draft each season. I love rookie/FA drafts because you can try and trade draft picks to move up like it was a real NFL draft. I've gotten lucky that most of my original year draft picks have panned out (i.e. Hopkins, Edelman, Gurley, T. Hill, Thielen) and got Mahomes in one of my rookie drafts. I've won $4k in my league the last five years. I also have a job where I freelance write for a fantasy site which is cool side money.

As for advice, I'd stay away from Ingram if you're in a non-PPR. He's become injury prone the last couple years and Baltimore's backfield is crowded. Justice Hill, I believe, will emerge by mid-season as the guy. I personally like Fournette this year, as long as he stays healthy. The Titans are likely to split more with Henry/Lewis and Fournette should get at least 80+% of the snaps in Jax.

I actually just took a late flier on Ogunbawale in my draft. I think he's going to be starting at some point this season. I'm also high on Dexter Williams in Green Bay. I watched him at Notre Dame and the guy is scary fast and dangerous when he breaks loose. He won't be a #1 guy because his blocking and pass-catching isn't great, but word is he is wowing a lot of people in GB thus far and could go ahead of Jamaal WIlliams on the depth chart.

I would love to be in a serious dynasty league. I've heard about them but never had the opportunity. It sounds like a blast.

My league is keeper. 14 teams, 4 keepers, nobody kept who's drafted before the 4th round, and you have to "pay" to keep guys. The first year, with the pick they were drafted with. The next year, that gets cut in half, etc.

My keepers are:

Nick Chubb (4th Round)
Michael Thomas (2nd Round)
Chris Godwin (12th Round - loving that)
OJ Howard (12th Round)

I think I'm going to go with Fournette if he's there, Ingram if he's not, to answer the question I opened the thread with. I should have the making of a good team if that works out, considering the size of my league.

Somebody kept Antonio Brown, and it cost him the 7th overall pick. Questionable even if AB is right, but under these circumstances he's probably kicking himself.

BTW, for your keeper/dynasty people, pick up Devine Ozigbo right now. Or draft him. He's the most NFL ready Husker back I've seen in years. He's better than Latavius Murray, and will end up taking his job as the "Thunder" in New Orleans sooner or later. I had a 3rd round NFL draft grade on him. FWIW, the last time I felt this way about a totally unheralded back was Jordan Howard.
MJW

Postby Deuce » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:24 am

NavyBuc wrote:I'm in a dynasty league (keeper draft) for six years now. I actually really love it compared to a regular fantasy league. Really allows you to be creative with trades and look for sleepers. You're allowed to keep 20 guys a year and we have a 10-round draft each season. I love rookie/FA drafts because you can try and trade draft picks to move up like it was a real NFL draft. I've gotten lucky that most of my original year draft picks have panned out (i.e. Hopkins, Edelman, Gurley, T. Hill, Thielen) and got Mahomes in one of my rookie drafts. I've won $4k in my league the last five years. I also have a job where I freelance write for a fantasy site which is cool side money.

Mark Ingram hasn't missed a game due to injury in the past 3 seasons. He's played 16, 16, and 12 last year due to a 4-game suspension for PEDs.

I do still like Justice Hill as a lotto ticket 12th-15th round type of guy. Right up there with Darwin Thompson.
Deuce

Postby Deuce » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:31 am

MJW wrote:

I would love to be in a serious dynasty league. I've heard about them but never had the opportunity. It sounds like a blast.

My league is keeper. 14 teams, 4 keepers, nobody kept who's drafted before the 4th round, and you have to "pay" to keep guys. The first year, with the pick they were drafted with. The next year, that gets cut in half, etc.

My keepers are:

Nick Chubb (4th Round)
Michael Thomas (2nd Round)
Chris Godwin (12th Round - loving that)
OJ Howard (12th Round)

I think I'm going to go with Fournette if he's there, Ingram if he's not, to answer the question I opened the thread with. I should have the making of a good team if that works out, considering the size of my league.

Somebody kept Antonio Brown, and it cost him the 7th overall pick. Questionable even if AB is right, but under these circumstances he's probably kicking himself.

BTW, for your keeper/dynasty people, pick up Devine Ozigbo right now. Or draft him. He's the most NFL ready Husker back I've seen in years. He's better than Latavius Murray, and will end up taking his job as the "Thunder" in New Orleans sooner or later. I had a 3rd round NFL draft grade on him. FWIW, the last time I felt this way about a totally unheralded back was Jordan Howard.

That Antonio Brown may not be too bad. I was surprised (but not shocked) to hear that he's finished as a top 3 WR every year for 6 straight seasons. Plus, it sounds like some of the top picks may be kept in your league, for instance you have Chubb.

I think people are starting to underrate Brown with all of this craziness. It doesn't look like he'll miss a game because of it. Carr can get him the ball. And he's by far the best weapon in Oakland.
Deuce

Postby real bucs fan » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:02 am

Where do you guys think is the ideal place to pick this year?

In my cash league we are doing a new thing where there was a lottery just to choose where you wanna pick. I got 7th, and looks like 1-6 are taking 1-6. I’m considering taking the 12th pick for the back to back turn around.

Would you rather pick mid round (7th) or at the end (12th)?
real bucs fan

Postby Konatown » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:13 am

real bucs fan wrote:Where do you guys think is the ideal place to pick this year?

In my cash league we are doing a new thing where there was a lottery just to choose where you wanna pick. I got 7th, and looks like 1-6 are taking 1-6. I’m considering taking the 12th pick for the back to back turn around.

Would you rather pick mid round (7th) or at the end (12th)?

IMO the best slots are 1-4 for one of the elite RBs, if not then 10-12 as you can get a comparable RB1 and top end WR. So if you’re starting at 7 I’d pick 10-12.
Konatown

Postby NavyBuc » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:50 am

Deuce wrote:

Mark Ingram hasn't missed a game due to injury in the past 3 seasons. He's played 16, 16, and 12 last year due to a 4-game suspension for PEDs.

I do still like Justice Hill as a lotto ticket 12th-15th round type of guy. Right up there with Darwin Thompson.

Damn, time is flying. You're right. I used to have Ingram a while back on my dynasty team and used to get pissed him being hurt all the time. But that was like 4-5 years ago now that I think about it. I can't keep up with time.
NavyBuc

Postby real bucs fan » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:25 pm

So 6th choice guy took 12, so am deciding between 6 and 11. I really want Dalvin Cook lol
real bucs fan

Postby acmillis » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:52 pm

real bucs fan wrote:So 6th choice guy took 12, so am deciding between 6 and 11. I really want Dalvin Cook lol

Dalvin Cook will be there at 12/13 if you want him that bad because he's going to get injured...for sure.
acmillis

Postby real bucs fan » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:22 pm

Chose to pick 11.
real bucs fan

Postby Doctor » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:49 am

11 easy
Doctor

Postby BucJordan » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:51 am

I'm in a dynasty league and need to trim down from 30 to 27 by tomorrow at midnight. Superflex league. Opinions welcome. This part always hurts.

Guys I'm absolutely keeping:

Baker Mayfield
Jameis Winston
Big Ben
Andy Dalton
Ryan Finley

Nick Chubb
Damien Williams
Mark Ingram
Kareem Hunt
Austin Ekeler
Darwin Thompson

Mike Evans
Alshon Jeffery
Kenny Golladay
Corey Davis
Dante Pettis
Parris Campbell
DK Metcalf
Miles Boykin
Marques Valdez-Scantling

Zach Ertz
Dallas Goedert
Trey Burton
Gerald Everett

So that's 24. I get to keep 3 of the following 6:

Devine Ozigbo
Carlos Hyde
Trayveon Williams
Rashard Higgins
Preston Williams
Diontae Johnson

Pretty sure I'm cutting Hyde and Trayveon Williams but I'm really struggling with that last cut.
BucJordan

Postby real bucs fan » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:22 am

Doctor wrote:11 easy

Ya at 11 I figure I should get a top 4 WR and a tier 2 back.
real bucs fan

Postby Deuce » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:51 am

This is kind of a fantasy football question, but interesting to think about for the Bucs in general.

I have one IDP spot left on my roster at DL. I currently have no Bucs on my roster, besides Rojo, who's the extra guy I'm keeping until the depth charts come out. I'm 99% sure I'm cutting him.

IDPs aren't super important, so I was thinking of grabbing a Bucs pass rusher. It looks like all of our edge guys are listed as "LB, DE" so I could use Nassib, Barrett, Spence, Suh, Gholston, or Vea.

Half point per tackle, 3 points per sack, 1 for passes defensed, 5 for picks, 2 for FRs or FFs, who do you guys think puts up the most points?
Deuce

Postby ComingThisFall » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:59 am

Vea would be my pick out of those guys
ComingThisFall

Next

Return to Fantasy Sport/Video Games