Star Wars: The Old Republic

This is where you would discuss your fantasy team. Look for advice, as well as talk about your favorite video games. The Geekery so to speak.
Star Wars: The Old Republic

Postby Teitan » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:24 pm

Does anyone play this? I remember wanting to back when it came out. I was a huge fan of the Knights of the Old Republic games. I saw that this is free to play so I started it up. Seems pretty good so far. I thought it would just be a standard MMO but I was surprised that there was decent enough story in the game to play it as a RPG alone. I like being able to group up with folks to take harder missions on that my level would make impossible alone.
Teitan

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Postby The Outsider » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:28 pm

I've played it on and off since it launched. Have a level 40 Sith Sorceror, level 35 Mercenary and a level 20ish Smuggler.
The Outsider

Postby Teitan » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:44 pm

I think I'm at level 12. Jedi Consular. I'm gonna start up a Smuggler eventually.
Teitan

Postby The Outsider » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:54 pm

I went Sith as my main purely for the force lightning. Bitches love force lightning.
The Outsider

Postby Rocker » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:10 pm

I stopped playing a little over a year ago. Had a Sith maurader. Is it worth picking back up?
Rocker

Postby Avalanche » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:50 pm

I considered playing it but my resentment for not getting KotOR 3 because they decided to make an MMO kept me from it.....

....that and a previous addiction to a certain popular MMO.
Avalanche

Postby The Outsider » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:32 pm

Avalanche wrote:I considered playing it but my resentment for not getting KotOR 3 because they decided to make an MMO kept me from it.....

....that and a previous addiction to a certain popular MMO.

The story is good enough that it could be considered a KOTOR prequel.
The Outsider

Postby Teitan » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:04 pm

Yeah, I had the same feeling. I wanted KOTOR3. So far, this is good enough. (They say KOTOR3 is still a possibility)

Right now I'm stuck in a glitch. Starting at coruscant and my player is frozen in a graphics glitch. I've tried the fix I found online. No luck. Basically dead in the water right now.

Edit: asked around the swtor forums. No help. Started a new character, Jedi knight, and leveled him to 12 and playing on Coruscant with no problems. Oh well. I like the Knight story better so far than the Consular anyway.
Teitan

Postby CameronPressley » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:46 am

I played this game some time before and enjoy playing as the story was quite good and interesting but current I am playing starcraft 1 and much in that gaming.I have also thought to Acheter starcraft 2 legacy of the void to experience playing the new sequel.
CameronPressley

Postby Heisenberg » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:05 am

The beta for battlefront 2 is out for everyone on xbox one and ps4..pretty fun
Heisenberg

Postby Teitan » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:39 am

I can't wait to get a PS4
Teitan

Postby The Outsider » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:41 pm

Teitan wrote:I can't wait to get a PS4

It's a nice machine. But, the onboard wifi sucks. It won't connect to my router which is probably 15 feet away. My PC is further than that and has a perfect connection. Any time I want to get a reliable connection for my PS4 I have to hotspot my phone.
The Outsider

Postby Teitan » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:49 pm

The Outsider wrote:
Teitan wrote:I can't wait to get a PS4

It's a nice machine. But, the onboard wifi sucks. It won't connect to my router which is probably 15 feet away. My PC is further than that and has a perfect connection. Any time I want to get a reliable connection for my PS4 I have to hotspot my phone.

That's strange. Is that a common problem or maybe just your machine? Mine would be located literally 3 feet away so it shouldn't effect me much. But that would be annoying.
Teitan

Postby Rocker » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:00 pm

Zero issues with the wifi on my box. I've had it it multiple locations, too. Office, about 8 feet from router. Living room, about 40 feet away, and even the basement. I think you got a bum antenna, mate.
Rocker

Postby The Outsider » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:35 pm

Rocker wrote:Zero issues with the wifi on my box. I've had it it multiple locations, too. Office, about 8 feet from router. Living room, about 40 feet away, and even the basement. I think you got a bum antenna, mate.

From everything I've read it is a common issue with the PS4 as it was with the PS3. It's not a big deal to me as I don't play Madden multiplayer and my PS4 is basically a dedicated Madden machine.

Also, the issue isn't necessarily connectivity I can usually connect to the wifi fine, the identification and ip resolution steps usually fail.
The Outsider

Postby terrytate » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:26 pm

That's the trailer for the new expansion that just dropped a few days back. It is quite simply the best thing they've ever done with this game. They ramped the story telling aspect up to compete with the big Bioware titles. There is no "my Jedi Master got sick" or "some scrub stole my starship" type of story.

I don't want to say too much, but the old white guy in the trailer isn't just someone they pulled out of their asses. They have been building him up from the get go and from what I've seen so far, he makes Palpatine look like a cub scout.
terrytate

Postby The Outsider » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:53 am

terrytate wrote:

That's the trailer for the new expansion that just dropped a few days back. It is quite simply the best thing they've ever done with this game. They ramped the story telling aspect up to compete with the big Bioware titles. There is no "my Jedi Master got sick" or "some scrub stole my starship" type of story.

I don't want to say too much, but the old white guy in the trailer isn't just someone they pulled out of their asses. They have been building him up from the get go and from what I've seen so far, he makes Palpatine look like a cub scout.

Spoiler:
It's Valkorion isn't it.
The Outsider

Postby terrytate » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:20 pm

The Outsider wrote:
terrytate wrote:

Spoiler:
It's Valkorion isn't it.

Spoiler:
Damn Skippy, and he is no joke
terrytate

Postby The Outsider » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:32 am

Don't know if anyone is still playing this but I started back up. I have a lvl 42 sorc, lvl 32 guardian, lvl 30 mercenary, and lvl 25 gunslinger. I also have assorted lowbies. Display name is TullyMcNasty, server is Ebon Hawk, I'm mostly on my guardian named Anurahl.
The Outsider

Postby Teitan » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:06 am

I haven't played in a while. I've been fishing on most of my days off. I'll have to fire it back up and join you sometime though.
Teitan

Postby Plunder » Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:28 pm

Got a new rig to run this thing on high again. The game seems a lot more balanced now and the pvp starship fights are awesome. They increased the leveling xp to help push you into the new expac faster. My Sentinel is on Shadowlands if anyone is playing hit me up.
Plunder

Postby A Man's Part » Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:39 pm

The Outsider wrote:
Rocker wrote:Zero issues with the wifi on my box. I've had it it multiple locations, too. Office, about 8 feet from router. Living room, about 40 feet away, and even the basement. I think you got a bum antenna, mate.

From everything I've read it is a common issue with the PS4 as it was with the PS3. It's not a big deal to me as I don't play Madden multiplayer and my PS4 is basically a dedicated Madden machine.

Also, the issue isn't necessarily connectivity I can usually connect to the wifi fine, the identification and ip resolution steps usually fail.

I cannot weigh in, since my PS4 and PS3 have nearly always been wired.
A Man's Part

Postby Ken Carson » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:11 pm

Is it an interference issue? My Fire TV Stick has trouble being on a 2.4GHz frequency with everyone else on the block and will occasionally fail to synch. If so, and I'm assuming you have an AC router, you should have a lot more breathing room on the 5GHz frequency. Though there are reports of this happening to people who live in the middle of nowhere. Extended antennas seems to help some as well.
Ken Carson

Postby The Outsider » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:02 pm

Ken Carson wrote:Is it an interference issue? My Fire TV Stick has trouble being on a 2.4GHz frequency with everyone else on the block and will occasionally fail to synch. If so, and I'm assuming you have an AC router, you should have a lot more breathing room on the 5GHz frequency. Though there are reports of this happening to people who live in the middle of nowhere. Extended antennas seems to help some as well.

It was the shitty Brighthouse router. I went out and bought a Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 and now I have no issues. I don't know why exactly the shitty Belkin Brighthouse gave me hated my PS4 but ultimately I don't care.
The Outsider

Postby bearlandbucfan » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:34 pm

Yeah I play it off and on. Haven't played since early November though after the Free Expansion and the change to more story-driven style of gameplay.
bearlandbucfan

Return to Fantasy Sport/Video Games