2018 Fantasy Football Discussion Thread

This is where you would discuss your fantasy team. Look for advice, as well as talk about your favorite video games. The Geekery so to speak.
Re: 2018 Fantasy Football Discussion Thread

Postby Deuce » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:14 am

beardmcdoug wrote:In a SUPER competitive 12-man, 3-player keeper league (players can only be kept for 3 years and then they go back into draft pool, and time does not reset if they're traded, and keepers cost the round they were drafted in to keep - for instance, Deshaun Watson was a FA pickup mid year last year for somebody, he was traded this offseason, and somebody kept him. He cost a 20th round pick to keep him, since he was a FA, and after this year, he can be kept for 1 more year before going back into the draft -- keeping him for only a 20th represents HUGE value).

Half point PPR, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, (no mandatory TE), 1 DL, 1 LB, 1 DB, 1 Kicker, bench space only room enough for 1 of each of your starters

... anyways...
I won last year...

My keepers going into this year:
RB - LeVeon (1st rounder to keep, last year I can keep him)
RB - Jordan Howard (13th rounder to keep, last year I can keep him)
WR - DeAndre Hopkins (he fell to me in the 5th round last year, so a 5th to keep, can keep him for 1 more year after this year)

We drafted this past Sunday, my team heading into this year:

QB: Patrick Mahomes (Had A.Rod last year, won the Championship with Bortles as my QB; rolling the dice this year)
RB1: LeVeon Bell
RB2: Jordan Howard
Flex: Peyton Barber
WR1: DeAndre Hopkins
WR2: Mike Evans (I had moved up to the top of the 2nd rounder - after using my 1st to keep Bell - and he fell to my lap - really lucky - major talent drop off right after him)
DL: Myles Garrett
LB: Alec Ogletree
DB: Minkah Fitzpatrick
K: Greg Zeurlein

Reserves:
QB: Keenum (Winston was drafted the pick before this, figured Winston would be the perfect offramp if the Mahomes project went south - got fucked kinda, we'll see how this goes)
RB's: Gio and Aaron Jones (really happy to get Jones late)
WR's: Marquise Goodwin, Calvin Ridley, Christ Godwin (Godwin was late round flier/Evans insurance)
DL: McCoy
LB: T.J. Watt
DB: Derwin James
K: Hauschka
(all these dudes will probably be subbed out for different FA's by week 3 - its just how it always goes with D/K's in this league

I'm a little thin, but my starting O has huge potential. Was glad to get Barber as my flex. If he sucks after a couple weeks, I can plug in Aaron Jones, as he'll just be coming off suspension. Godwin and Ridley might end up being good value keepers for me next year, as I lose both Bell and Howard. I figured Djax is gone next year, so I figure both are in line for a bunch of targets next year (and a decent amount this year)

Your team is loaded. The only weakness I can see is QB. But I honestly don't consider Mahomes that risky since he plays for Andy Reid. Either him or Keenum should do enough. It's hard for me to picture you not winning your league again.
Deuce

Postby beardmcdoug » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:59 am

Deuce wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:In a SUPER competitive 12-man, 3-player keeper league (players can only be kept for 3 years and then they go back into draft pool, and time does not reset if they're traded, and keepers cost the round they were drafted in to keep - for instance, Deshaun Watson was a FA pickup mid year last year for somebody, he was traded this offseason, and somebody kept him. He cost a 20th round pick to keep him, since he was a FA, and after this year, he can be kept for 1 more year before going back into the draft -- keeping him for only a 20th represents HUGE value).

Half point PPR, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, (no mandatory TE), 1 DL, 1 LB, 1 DB, 1 Kicker, bench space only room enough for 1 of each of your starters

... anyways...
I won last year...

WR - DeAndre Hopkins (he fell to me in the 5th round last year, so a 5th to keep, can keep him for 1 more year after this year)

QB: Patrick Mahomes (Had A.Rod last year, won the Championship with Bortles as my QB; rolling the dice this year)
WR2: Mike Evans (I had moved up to the top of the 2nd rounder - after using my 1st to keep Bell - and he fell to my lap - really lucky - major talent drop off right after him)

Reserves:
QB: Keenum (Winston was drafted the pick before this, figured Winston would be the perfect offramp if the Mahomes project went south - got fucked kinda, we'll see how this goes)
WR's: Marquise Goodwin, Calvin Ridley, Christ Godwin (Godwin was late round flier/Evans insurance)
(all these dudes will probably be subbed out for different FA's by week 3 - its just how it always goes with D/K's in this league

I'm a little thin, but my starting O has huge potential. Was glad to get Barber as my flex. If he sucks after a couple weeks, I can plug in Aaron Jones, as he'll just be coming off suspension. Godwin and Ridley might end up being good value keepers for me next year, as I lose both Bell and Howard. I figured Djax is gone next year, so I figure both are in line for a bunch of targets next year (and a decent amount this year)

Your team is loaded. The only weakness I can see is QB. But I honestly don't consider Mahomes that risky since he plays for Andy Reid. Either him or Keenum should do enough. It's hard for me to picture you not winning your league again.

thanks brah. here's hopin
beardmcdoug

Postby RedLeader » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:13 am

... anyways...
I won last year...

Reserves:

Nice draft. You guys do it just like we do in my league. PPR, Keepers, and IDP. Only way to go.
RedLeader

Postby real bucs fan » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:34 am

Deuce wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:Had my cah league draft last night. Was a live draft, so a lot of fun, but am hungover as a MF and now have to go to a wedding lol. Had the 8th pick in a 12 team league, half point ppr, and my team is:

QB:
Wilson
Cousins

RB:
Hunt
Miller
Sony Michel
Ronald Jones

WR:
Thomas
Hilton
Crabtree
Benjamin

TE:
Engram
Brate

K:
???

D:
Jacksonville

I don't love it. How high did you go QB to take Wilson and Cousins? I'm a big proponent of waiting on QB in 1-QB leagues. You should have used the Wilson pick on another RB. Obviously, I love Hunt this year, but I don't like the others. I could easily see all three flaming out or being unreliable. Also, it might help to put first names for WRs like "Thomas" and "Benjamin". I like Michael Thomas and Kelvin Benjamin, don't like Demaryius Thomas and Travis Benjamin. I think Engram is overrated. He did a lot of work when their WR corps was bone dry last year. Love Jacksonville's D but you probably overspent to get them.

Ya it’s Michael Thomas and Kelvin Benjamin. Took Wilson in the 6th as the whole league waited on QBs and pretty much all the RBs and WRs I liked we’re gone. Took Cousins late, had him as my 5th QB so thought it was good value.
real bucs fan

Postby Buc2 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:50 am

My only other FF team.

10 team league: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DEF, DL, LB, CB, S, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

Rd - Player Team Pos
1 - Ezekiel Elliott Dal - RB
2 - Julio Jones Atl - WR
3 - Jordan Howard Chi - RB
4 - T.Y. Hilton Ind - WR
5 - Deshaun Watson Hou - QB
6 - O.J. Howard TB - TE
7 - Jay Ajayi Phi - RB
8 - Amari Cooper Oak - WR
9 - Los Angeles LAR - DEF
10 - J.J. Watt Hou - DE
11 - Luke Kuechly Car - LB
12 - Landon Collins NYG - S
13 - Kirk Cousins Min - QB
14 - Ronald Darby Phi - CB
15 - Peyton Barber TB - RB
16 - Matt Prater Det - K
17 - Devin Funchess Car - WR
18 - Ronald Jones II TB - RB
19 - Andrew Luck Ind - QB
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Doctor » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:27 am

Went with Bell first overall. Though now his hold out is worrying me. I've lost the #1 overall pick twice now (David Johnson last year and Adrian Peterson before that). I feel I'm cursed.

With that said the strategy was simple, Bell locks up on RB slot. Fill out WRs with good players and then stock up on potential cowbells and starters for the RB2 spot. I missed out on my top goals Mike Evens in the 2nd and Kyle Rudolph by one pick. Otherwise I think I knocked it out of the park

12 team. Half PPR.

Doctor

Postby real bucs fan » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:34 am

I'd target Ronald Jones as a handcuff for Barber and James Conner as a handcuff for Bell.
real bucs fan

Postby Doctor » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:44 pm

I tried but Jones and Conner went right before it came back to me in rounds 11 and 12. Right before them I took Jimmy G and Marlon Mack. At the end a possible starter and bellcow in Mack and protecting vs a Wilson injury (plus possible huge trade bait) is worth more than a handcuff. Though I had them queued up after they didn't make it.
Doctor

Postby Rocker » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:53 am

Questions:

Start Walker vs Miami, Reed vs Arizona, or Howard vs Saints?

Ryan or Wilson?
Rocker

Postby beardmcdoug » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:22 pm

Rocker wrote:Questions:

Ryan or Wilson?

I'd go Walker vs Miami

Howard got target totals of 3, 4, 4 in the games he played with Fitz last year

Walker gets minimum 5 targets a game, and up to 10-12. Mariota likes throwing to him.

Reed with a new QB is a question mark. He certainly fits the bill for the type of guy Alex Smith likes throwing to... but who knows what they're trying to do in that offense this year. Particularly with the question mark at RB - it just seems like too much of a question mark overall when you've got a more consistent option with D.Walker there against that abysmal miami squad
beardmcdoug

Postby Deuce » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:23 pm

Ryan or Wilson?

As long as Reed is healthy, he's one of the best TE's in the league. I'd start him.

Russell Wilson is a stud and was QB1 last year. I wouldn't think of benching him right now.
Deuce

Postby Teitan » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:01 pm

I have a WR3 conundrum.

Goodwin vs Vikings
Cole (Jax) vs NYG
Ross vs Colts

Goodwin is the number one, so he should see targets, but has easily the worst match up.
Cole projects to get plenty of targets with Lee done for the year. Not a terrible match up.
Ross is healthy and a deep threat against a bad Colts D.
Teitan

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:06 pm

Ryan or Wilson?

Reed and Ryan
Bootz2004

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:09 pm

Teitan wrote:I have a WR3 conundrum.

Goodwin vs Vikings
Cole (Jax) vs NYG
Ross vs Colts

Goodwin is the number one, so he should see targets, but has easily the worst match up.
Cole projects to get plenty of targets with Lee done for the year. Not a terrible match up.

Man that's tough. I'd lean towards Cole. Like you said Lee is gone for the year plus ASJ is questionable to play this weekend. My only apprehension would be that the Jags like leaning on the run game.

Goodwin is the Niners only "viable" receiving option and even that is a stretch.

Ross needs to prove he can hang in the NFL.
Bootz2004

Postby ComingThisFall » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:12 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Teitan wrote:I have a WR3 conundrum.

Goodwin vs Vikings
Cole (Jax) vs NYG
Ross vs Colts

Man that's tough. I'd lean towards Cole. Like you said Lee is gone for the year plus ASJ is questionable to play this weekend. My only apprehension would be that the Jags like leaning on the run game.

Goodwin is the Niners only "viable" receiving option and even that is a stretch.

Ross needs to prove he can hang in the NFL.

Cole is likely to get the most targets although we don’t really know who will shine between him Dede and Moncrief. Also Cole was already a starter before Lee went down so not sure too much changed for him

Ross seems like a boom/bust against the Colts. I was thinking of playing him because he could possibly get a long TD on one play and 8pts right tjere
ComingThisFall

Postby ComingThisFall » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:19 pm

Trying to decide between Juju, Kupp and Dion Lewis for the flex in a ppr league
ComingThisFall

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:34 pm

ComingThisFall wrote:Trying to decide between Juju, Kupp and Dion Lewis for the flex in a ppr league

Juju. I think he'll get Bell's share of targets.
Bootz2004

Postby ComingThisFall » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:44 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
ComingThisFall wrote:Trying to decide between Juju, Kupp and Dion Lewis for the flex in a ppr league

That’s who I have in now. Trying not to overthink it but Kupp and Lewis playing against what should be **** defenses
ComingThisFall

Postby BucJordan » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:14 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:

Agreed. Juju.

Here's one for you guys. Standard League. Pick two to start as RB2/Flex: Joe Mixon, Carlos Hyde, James Conner, Jamaal Williams, Peyton Barber.

Leaning towards Mixon and Conner but man I could see Hyde going off against a Shazier-less Pittsburgh team on the road. And always love the scoring opportunities for the main back in GB with Aaron Jones suspended.
BucJordan

Postby ComingThisFall » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:30 pm

Yeah I think you gotta play Conner this week. The other spot is tough.

The Bucs homer in me say play Barber. He will get more touches than the others as I think we definitely try to establish a running game with Jameis out. So long as we dont go down too many points early and unleash shotgun fury
ComingThisFall

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:41 pm

I'd go Mixon and Williams but Hyde is tempting. I just think with Duke Johnson and Nick Chubb in the mix he won't get a lot of opportunities
Bootz2004

Postby BucJordan » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:46 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:I'd go Mixon and Williams but Hyde is tempting. I just think with Duke Johnson and Nick Chubb in the mix he won't get a lot of opportunities

Haha - two completely different responses. I guess I can see why I'm having trouble.

The bright side on Hyde is I have him starting this week in the Buczone FFL so if he does off at least I benefit somewhere.

Haven't really considered Barber very strongly - I need to see this OL and Fitz-led offense in a real game before I trust him over these other matchups.
BucJordan

Postby real bucs fan » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:39 am

Who the heck would recommend starting Ryan lol
real bucs fan

Postby beardmcdoug » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:01 am

real bucs fan wrote:Who the heck would recommend starting Ryan lol

some filthy disgusting gutter dwelling casual :lol:
beardmcdoug

Postby Deuce » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:05 am

real bucs fan wrote:Who the heck would recommend starting Ryan lol

Thank you. Look at who is giving you advice and their track record, people.
Deuce

Postby Deuce » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:10 am

BucJordan wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:I'd go Mixon and Williams but Hyde is tempting. I just think with Duke Johnson and Nick Chubb in the mix he won't get a lot of opportunities

Haha - two completely different responses. I guess I can see why I'm having trouble.

The bright side on Hyde is I have him starting this week in the Buczone FFL so if he does off at least I benefit somewhere.

Haven't really considered Barber very strongly - I need to see this OL and Fitz-led offense in a real game before I trust him over these other matchups.

I'll break the tie and say Mixon and Williams. idk why you drafted Mixon if you don't start him this week. I don't like Barber and Hyde due to game script. Conner is enticing but Cleveland was good against the run last year. With Jones out, Williams should get plenty of work and I could see the Packers protecting a lead in the second half.
Deuce

Postby real bucs fan » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:14 am

I was able to pick up both Alfred Morris and James Conner in my cash league. Who would you start in your flex? 0.5 ppr
real bucs fan

Postby Deuce » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:22 am

real bucs fan wrote:I was able to pick up both Alfred Morris and James Conner in my cash league. Who would you start in your flex? 0.5 ppr

That's kind of funny because they are probably two of the more exciting guys to own right now. But this week, I'm not excited about either. Cleveland and Minnesota were both strong against the run last year and neither one is considered a pass-catcher.

Ultimately, I guess I'd pick Conner. I think game script is more likely to favor him. And there's still a chance the 49ers offense could implode vs the Vikes D, we know the Steelers won't.
Deuce

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:17 am

real bucs fan wrote:I was able to pick up both Alfred Morris and James Conner in my cash league. Who would you start in your flex? 0.5 ppr

If you absolutely have to start one of those 2 you gotta go Conner. Morris isn't a guarantee to get the lions share of touches as Matt Breida figures to get a lot. Especially on 3rd down. Hopefully though you have better options for your flex position.
Bootz2004

Postby real bucs fan » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:33 am

Thanks, ya I think I'll be going with Conner.
real bucs fan

PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy Sport/Video Games