Nintendo Switch

This is where you would discuss your fantasy team. Look for advice, as well as talk about your favorite video games. The Geekery so to speak.
Nintendo Switch

Postby NYBF » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:10 pm

Anyone have one? Thoughts? Any must have accessories? My son wants one for his bday, so I'm trying to figure out what I need.
NYBF

Re: Nintendo Switch

Postby Rocker » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:03 pm

NYBF wrote:Anyone have one? Thoughts? Any must have accessories? My son wants one for his bday, so I'm trying to figure out what I need.

Got one for Gremlin #1 this past Christmas. It came with the unit itself and a dock to connect it to his TV. It's a pretty solid little console. He's got a Mario game and Rocket League for it; but he hasn't done any of the portable LAN stuff with it so I can't help you there.
Rocker

Postby Miller4Prez64 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:15 pm

I got one for Christmas and LOVE it. Everything you need should be included with the system. I'm not much for accessories but they give you some controller options in the box, you could use the two separate ones on their own or put them inside a more classic controller setup or just put them on the little screen and walk around and play. Breath of the Wild is one of the greatest games I've ever played and there are a lot of other fun games out for it like Super Mario Odyssey, Splatoon, Mario Kart, etc and a lot more stuff on the way too. I think this system is a step in the right direction for Nintendo after the Wii U performed so poorly.
Miller4Prez64

Postby Hit55 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:23 am

Not sure if you already went out and got one, but I highly recommend the Switch. I got one on release and have been very happy with it. I have Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+ (it's a dark game), Zelda Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8, Skyrim, and Stardew Valley for it. That little system can keep me busy for hours if I'm not careful. It really might be the best system on the market imo (next to the PC). Just the handheld aspect of it is worth it alone, but the smooth transition from handheld to docking and vice versa is what gets me. Playing online has been the same as going online on the PS4 for me. Some lag, but nothing that makes online games hard to play.

Also, it comes with everything you need right out the box, including several ways to use the controller (which can be used as two separate controllers for games like Mario Kart...so I've heard).
Hit55

Postby NYBF » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:30 am

I got it. Still a few more days before he gets it. Just sending out "assignments" to family members who are looking for something to get him. He's got about 5 games, extra set of controllers, steering wheels (for Mario Kart) and a couple other things.
NYBF

Postby Deuce » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:18 pm

NYBF wrote:I got it. Still a few more days before he gets it. Just sending out "assignments" to family members who are looking for something to get him. He's got about 5 games, extra set of controllers, steering wheels (for Mario Kart) and a couple other things.

Make sure he opens the Switch first!

For one of my younger birthdays, my parents got me a CD burner, back when you had to buy them separately from your computer. But first, I opened a stack of CD-Rs, a computer program for creating labels, and CD cases.
Deuce

Postby NYBF » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:20 pm

Deuce wrote:
NYBF wrote:I got it. Still a few more days before he gets it. Just sending out "assignments" to family members who are looking for something to get him. He's got about 5 games, extra set of controllers, steering wheels (for Mario Kart) and a couple other things.

For one of my younger birthdays, my parents got me a CD burner, back when you had to buy them separately from your computer. But first, I opened a stack of CD-Rs, a computer program for creating labels, and CD cases.

Hahahahaha

He pretty much knows he's getting it. I was joking with my wife that we should give him everything else and hide the Switch.
NYBF

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:11 am

NYBF wrote:
Deuce wrote:

Hahahahaha

He pretty much knows he's getting it. I was joking with my wife that we should give him everything else and hide the Switch.

When Sega Gensis came out, my family did this to me. I opened Sonic and Earthworm Jim and there was nothing left under the tree. My family started arguing about who was supposed to buy it and then all apologized to me. I tried to play it off and claim I could play those games at my friend's house. My grandfather was walking to the to the kitchen, opened the pantry and was "knocked over"by a box. The box turned out to be the Sega. Obviously that stuck with me...
uscbucsfan

Return to Fantasy Sport/Video Games