Who should I draft?

This is where you would discuss your fantasy team. Look for advice, as well as talk about your favorite video games. The Geekery so to speak.
Who should I draft?

Postby Konatown » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:26 pm

Hello fellow Bucs fans!

I'll be picking 7th in my upcoming draft, and want your advice. 12 team league, non PPR.

Bell,David Johnson, AB, Julio and OBJ will all presumed to be gone. I'd like Mike Evans if he's there, but just in case he's not I have a toss up between Shady McCoy, AJ Green or Jordy Nelson.

Leaning towards a WR here, due to the fact I think I can get a comparable RB in round 2.

What say you?
Konatown

Re: Who should I draft?

Postby acmillis » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:29 pm

I go with Jordy or Shady. I like my RBs in the first round....
acmillis

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:54 pm

BPA ;)
DreadNaught

Postby Deuce » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:24 pm

So you're looking in that second tier of RBs (McCoy, Freeman, Ajayi, Howard, Murray, Gordon) or the second tier of WRs (Evans, Green, Nelson).

I'm terrified of McCoy this year. First, he had 14 TDs. In his career, he's generally like a 7 TD guy. Second, the Bills just lost Sammy Watkins and Anquan Boldin. Who will they throw to? Will Tyrod remain the starter all season? Just too much uncertainty for me. Remember, you can't win your league in the first round, but you can lose it.

My main league is a PPR, so my thinking is always slightly skewed in that direction, I'd probably rank them:

Freeman
Evans, Green, Nelson <---These guys are all really really close for me. Green and Evans are target monsters on good offenses. Nelson is the favorite weapon of Aaron Rodgers.
Murray
McCoy
Gordon
Howard
Ajayi

So I guess my answer is Freeman. Feels weird but he's been top 5 last two years, I think. He is in the same situation (so slightly safer), he's young, and he's a redzone target. If not Freeman, I'd take your pick of the WRs. Good luck!
Deuce

Postby Konatown » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:48 pm

Thanks Deuce! I've thought about Freeman and he's probably my favorite out of all the 2nd tier RBs. Gonna see how it all unfolds, but you gave me some good info to chew on.
Konatown

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:18 pm

McCoy if he's there. He will be the focal point of that offense and contributes in the passing game as well.
Bootz2004

Postby Brazen331 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:00 pm

No way I take Freeman over Evans. I would take Evans over Green as well. Evans could very well be the top point producer amongst WRs this year.

I tend to like taking a WR over RB in the 1st because ofreduced injury risk. I hate losing my top pick fir the season.
Brazen331

Postby Deuce » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:32 am

Brazen331 wrote:No way I take Freeman over Evans. I would take Evans over Green as well. Evans could very well be the top point producer amongst WRs this year.

I tend to like taking a WR over RB in the 1st because of reduced injury risk. I hate losing my top pick for the season.

Yeah, I feel that way, too. Last year sucked because I went with AJ Green. I love Evans, too, but the problem is when you get past the set of RBs and WRs I posted above.

The next WRs:
TY HIlton
Dez Bryant
Amari Cooper
Doug Baldwin

The next RBs:
Leonard Fournette
Lamar Miller
Isaiah Crowell
Carlos Hyde

Would you rather have Dez as your #1 WR or Lamar Miller as your #1 RB?
Deuce

Postby acmillis » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:43 am

TY Hilton is a consistent #1 Fantasy WR. I'd take him over DEZ 8 days a week.
acmillis

Postby Deuce » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:37 pm

acmillis wrote:TY Hilton is a consistent #1 Fantasy WR. I'd take him over DEZ 8 days a week.

Even though Andrew Luck hasn't practiced yet?
Deuce

Postby BucJordan » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:00 pm

Are people thinking Zeke is actually going to serve 6 games this year? I'd be pretty tempted to bet it either gets reduced to 2 or it goes the Tom Brady route and isn't served until next year.
BucJordan

Postby acmillis » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:10 pm

Deuce wrote:
acmillis wrote:TY Hilton is a consistent #1 Fantasy WR. I'd take him over DEZ 8 days a week.

Even though Andrew Luck hasn't practiced yet?

I may be naive, but I'm not too concerned about Luck missing more than a game or 2. Give me Luck and a scrub qb for 2 games over Dak throwing to Dez all season....just my $.02.
acmillis

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:01 pm

Ummmm huh?!?!
Bootz2004

Postby acmillis » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:30 am

Bootz2004 wrote:

Ummmm huh?!?!

I know this isn't normally your thing, Bootz, but I'll provide you some stats:

Over the last 4 seasons:

One of the two aforementioned WRs has played in 63 games and one has played in 54.
One of the two aforementioned WRs has 5000 receiving yards while the other has 3750.
One of the two aforementioned WRs has 559 targets while the other has 469.
One of the two aforementioned WRs averages 15.5 yards per catch while the other averages 14.3 per catch.

I'll let you guess which is which.
acmillis

Postby MJW » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:49 am

Agree with Hilton being the better choice of the two. But Hilton scares me simply because Andrew Luck's injury issues might be significantly worse than we think they are, and Scott Tolzien is a dumpster fire. It's tough to see Hilton putting up even WR2 numbers in that scenario.

EDIT - See this was addressed above. I'm still cautious and I might even bump Hilton down a couple notches because of it.
MJW

Postby MJW » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:54 am

Deuce wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:No way I take Freeman over Evans. I would take Evans over Green as well. Evans could very well be the top point producer amongst WRs this year.

I tend to like taking a WR over RB in the 1st because of reduced injury risk. I hate losing my top pick for the season.

Yeah, I feel that way, too. Last year sucked because I went with AJ Green. I love Evans, too, but the problem is when you get past the set of RBs and WRs I posted above.

The next WRs:
TY HIlton
Dez Bryant
Amari Cooper
Doug Baldwin

The next RBs:
Leonard Fournette
Lamar Miller
Isaiah Crowell
Carlos Hyde

Would you rather have Dez as your #1 WR or Lamar Miller as your #1 RB?

FWIW, from this list, my order is:

Lamar Miller. Easy.
Amari Cooper. He's about to take the leap. Not a doubt in my mind.
TY Hilton. Even with the Luck issues above.
Isaiah Crowell. IMHO He'll be an excellent RB2 this year.
Carlos Hyde. He's a solid RB2 there. They don't have anyone else right now.
Dez Bryant. I'm thinking bounceback, though I don't think it's a spot for gaudy numbers right now.
Leonard Fournette. For every Zeke, there are three rookie runners who disappoint. Jacksonville's line sucks also.
Doug Baldwin. I think the Seahawks want to run more, and Wilson has a lot of options when they do pass.
MJW

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:09 pm

acmillis wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
Ummmm huh?!?!

I know this isn't normally your thing, Bootz, but I'll provide you some stats:

Over the last 4 seasons:

One of the two aforementioned WRs has played in 63 games and one has played in 54.
One of the two aforementioned WRs has 5000 receiving yards while the other has 3750.
One of the two aforementioned WRs has 559 targets while the other has 469.
One of the two aforementioned WRs averages 15.5 yards per catch while the other averages 14.3 per catch.

I'll let you guess which is which.

No not that. The 1st part. Hilton is consistently a #1 WR in fantasy?? I have my doubts simply due to the low TD numbers and the big reliance he has on big plays. His game doesn't translate to top fantasy WR.

I'd never draft Bryant as my #1 receiver. But to my point about Hilton you left out a very important fantasy stat and it's obvious why. Over those last 4 seasons Hilton has 23 TDs to Bryants 40. So I hardly would call Hilton a consistent #1 option. You probably dont think he is either otherwise you would've mentioned the TD receptions.
Bootz2004

Postby Doctor » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:08 pm

I feel RBs are quite deep this year, especially with all these rookies primed for huge workloads.

Honestly. I'd jump on Zeke. One of three things will happen.

-He missed 6 games, but you get him for the final push and playoffs.
-He appeals to the courts, in which case he might not miss any time until next year (ala Brady)
-He appeals, but drops it part way through, misses key playoff/final weeks.

Only the last one is truly devastating. One is livable, the other is gold. If I wasn't on auto-draft for the first round in the Buczone draft I would have taken Zeke over Gordon.
Doctor

Return to Fantasy Sport/Video Games