2017 BucZone Yahoo FF League!!

This is where you would discuss your fantasy team. Look for advice, as well as talk about your favorite video games. The Geekery so to speak.
Re: 2017 BucZone Yahoo FF League!!

Postby Buc2 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:55 pm

Mex-Buc wrote:Hey fellas, what do you think about this trade?

Standard League with Supler Flex (QB)

Mine:

Jordan Howard (RB)
Tyrod Taylor (QB)

For:

Doug Martin (RB)
Jameis Winston (QB)

If you can find a sucker to take that, go for it.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Mex-Buc » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:58 pm

Buc2 wrote:

Mine:

Jordan Howard (RB)
Tyrod Taylor (QB)

For:

Doug Martin (RB)
Jameis Winston (QB)

If you can find a sucker to take that, go for it.

I really think Martin will get back to his 2014 form.. and Tyrod I think it's only matter of time til he gets injured..
Mex-Buc

Postby Deuce » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:52 pm

Mine:

Jordan Howard (RB)
Tyrod Taylor (QB)

For:

Doug Martin (RB)
Jameis Winston (QB)

No way in hell would I do that. You're giving up Howard for Martin. Howard has had 2 solid weeks, one bad game and one monster game. And you want Martin instead? I have Martin in one league, too, but he's a complete unknown at this point.

Then you're giving up Tyrod for Winston. Due to Tyrod's rushing, those two will be pretty close at the end of the year. Tyrod is like QB14 right now, and he's played NYJ, CAR, and DEN. His schedule is going to get much easier.

I might do Taylor for Winston straight up, but adding in the RBs, no way. Nope.
Deuce

Postby Buc2 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:11 am

Yay! I finally won a game. Thanks Dread. :ninja:
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:38 am

Deuce apparently dropped Andrew Luck by mistake and sent me a PM immediately to notify me of the mistake.

I would support allowing him to reclaim him via waivers or a trade once Luck waiver status is complete. I'm sure other owners have a current claim in Luck, so if you're awarded that waiver please work with Deuce on getting Luck back on his roster by week 6.

Thanks...
DreadNaught

Postby acmillis » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:41 am

I'd be fine with the commish just canceling the drop and assigning luck back to him....but I'm good with whatever.
acmillis

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:45 am

acmillis wrote:I'd be fine with the commish just canceling the drop and assigning luck back to him....but I'm good with whatever.

Got it. Thanks. Disregard previous post.
DreadNaught

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:04 am

Deuce accidently dropped Luck?? Doubt it.
Bootz2004

Postby Deuce » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:09 am

Thanks guys. Always makes things a little less tense when people aren't douches and follow the reasonable thinking.

I'll make sure I don't make my add/drops before my morning coffee again.
Deuce

Postby Buc2 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:51 am

I accidentally dropped Kareem Hunt. Can you make acmillis give him back to me?
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:53 am

Deuce wrote:Thanks guys. Always makes things a little less tense when people aren't douches and follow the reasonable thinking.

He's taking up a roster spot honestly. At this point the appeal is in the name. He's no where near ready to practice let alone play. Just my 2 cents. Let him rot on your bench week after week leaving other valuable players for the rest of us.
Bootz2004

Postby Deuce » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:02 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Deuce wrote:Thanks guys. Always makes things a little less tense when people aren't douches and follow the reasonable thinking.

He's taking up a roster spot honestly. At this point the appeal is in the name. He's no where near ready to practice let alone play. Just my 2 cents. Let him rot on your bench week after week leaving other valuable players for the rest of us.

The appeal is in a top-3ish fantasy QB when healthy. My team in this particular league is basically 100% centered around Luck. My strategy was to draft him late and then get a good backup QB. I didn't get a good backup and my team has suffered. If I can stay in contention for the playoffs, a healthy Luck even starting Week 10 will make a big difference.

Also, the bolded part is flat out wrong. He returned to practice yesterday.

"Andrew Luck hit the practice field with teammates Wednesday for the first time since undergoing offseason shoulder surgery.

Luck took part in individual drills during practice and was officially listed as a limited participant. Luck will be on a "pitch count" in practice this week Pagano said, and the team will monitor the types of throws he makes."
Deuce

Postby acmillis » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:01 pm

Deuce wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

The appeal is in a top-3ish fantasy QB when healthy. My team in this particular league is basically 100% centered around Luck. My strategy was to draft him late and then get a good backup QB. I didn't get a good backup and my team has suffered. If I can stay in contention for the playoffs, a healthy Luck even starting Week 10 will make a big difference.

"Andrew Luck hit the practice field with teammates Wednesday for the first time since undergoing offseason shoulder surgery.

Luck took part in individual drills during practice and was officially listed as a limited participant. Luck will be on a "pitch count" in practice this week Pagano said, and the team will monitor the types of throws he makes."

Alex Smith is available. Shoot me an offer.
acmillis

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:11 pm

Deuce wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

Lmao. Terrible strategy. Luck isn't anywhere near ready to play. He didn't even practice today because he's still rehabbing. Week 10 is your absolute best case scenario but at that point you'll be way out of the mix in this league.
Bootz2004

Postby acmillis » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:30 pm

@bootz... Morris and/or McFadden available for trade
acmillis

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:41 am

acmillis wrote:@bootz... Morris and/or McFadden available for trade

Don't need them. I have other options at RB and my team overall is pretty strong. Thanks though.
Bootz2004

Postby Deuce » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:54 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
Deuce wrote:

Lmao. Terrible strategy. Luck isn't anywhere near ready to play. He didn't even practice today because he's still rehabbing. Week 10 is your absolute best case scenario but at that point you'll be way out of the mix in this league.

Hindsight is always 20/20. It was a bit of a gamble but that's why I went for it in this league and not one of my money leagues. It could have/should have worked but as stated before, I waited too long on my backup QB. Plus, no one knew Luck would be out this long. After the Colts took him off PUP, we all thought he'd be back around Weeks 5-7. If I had chosen say, Alex Smith, and rode him into Week 6 and then plugged in Luck, it would've looked brilliant.
Deuce

Postby Doctor » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:45 am

Deuce wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

One tiny problem, Luck has a TERRIBLE playoff schedule. So you're great plan is hold him all season long so that you can plug him in during the worst possible match ups? Yeah, brilliant.
Doctor

Postby Brazen331 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:39 am

Doctor wrote:
Deuce wrote:

One tiny problem, Luck has a TERRIBLE playoff schedule. So you're great plan is hold him all season long so that you can plug him in during the worst possible match ups? Yeah, brilliant.

Luck can also get you 50 rush yards and a rush TD against a team like the Broncos and not totally kill you whereas most other QBs will against that defense. Not defending the strategy as I wanted no part of Luck but it is possible that he could come back and give you back-to-back 30 point games. I don't think he is healthy this year so I doubt it but the move could pay off.
Brazen331

Postby wmgravytrain » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:10 am

Going to be a tight one Dread. Need 5 points from Tennessee's D!
wmgravytrain

Postby Brazen331 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:52 pm

Literally had Cooper benched minutes before kickoff due to this 4-game losing streak. If I lose again this week....
Brazen331

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:13 pm

Brazen331 wrote:Literally had Cooper benched minutes before kickoff due to this 4-game losing streak. If I lose again this week....

I’m more interested in finding out who you had in his place.
Bootz2004

Postby Brazen331 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:34 am

The plan would have been Jordan Matthews, if he couldn’t go, it would have been Moncrief or Hurns, terrible TD-dependent options.

I was scared of the Carr/Cooper combo against KC. I was expecting another 10 and 5 point performance. Pleasantly surprised.
Brazen331

Postby Deuce » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:21 am

acmillis wrote:
Deuce wrote:

I liked the idea of that trade but Freeman blowing up is going to be my best shot at winning any given week.
Deuce

Postby Doctor » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:36 am

Benched Alex Smith for Drew Brees in another league... Brees better blow up the Packers.

Freaking Walker not getting that TD cost me last week in the BZ league. SMH.
Doctor

Postby acmillis » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:42 am

Deuce wrote:
acmillis wrote:

I liked the idea of that trade but Freeman blowing up is going to be my best shot at winning any given week.

Behind Hunt, my RBs are a who's who of practice squad level talent...unless that Zeke suspension happens this year.
acmillis

Postby Buc2 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:45 am

With Winston going out last week, the Rams defense saved my ass by scoring 22 points. Beating up on top teams the past 2 weeks has been fun. Now I'm back to playing a bottom tier team so I expect to lose again. :lol:
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:44 pm

acmillis wrote:
Deuce wrote:

Behind Hunt, my RBs are a who's who of practice squad level talent...unless that Zeke suspension happens this year.

You're determined for that to happen. Even if it does you'll have to dedicate 2 spots to both McFadden and Morris. Very risky as neither are very good.
Bootz2004

Postby acmillis » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:02 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
acmillis wrote:

You're determined for that to happen. Even if it does you'll have to dedicate 2 spots to both McFadden and Morris. Very risky as neither are very good.

They may not be, but the Dallas O-line is the best in the league. You say mcfadden is no good, but he ran of nearly 1100 yards averaging 4.6/carry behind that line. I don't htink I'll have to dedicate to spots, I think Morris will be the horse but I picked both up just in case.
acmillis

Postby Doctor » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:57 pm

Come on Henry, how do you not get it going vs the ****ing Browns? SMH

If Pryor and Kelly lay eggs, I could win this. I pretty much need this to stay alive....
Doctor

PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy Sport/Video Games