Keeper Advice

This is where you would discuss your fantasy team. Look for advice, as well as talk about your favorite video games. The Geekery so to speak.
Keeper Advice

Postby Deja Entendu » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:40 am

12 teams. .5PPR. Picking 4th

I can pick one player, but they had to have been drafted in the 6th round or later, or picked up from the waiver wire (equals a 9th).

The guys that have a case for keeping are:

Torrey Smith (6th)
LaGarrette Blount (8th)
Tyreek Hill (9th)
Derek Carr (10th)
Jason Witten (12th)
Dak Prescott (13th)
Kelvin Benjamin (14th)
Deja Entendu

Re: Keeper Advice

Postby acmillis » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:32 am

Deja Entendu wrote:12 teams. .5PPR. Picking 4th

I can pick one player, but they had to have been drafted in the 6th round or later, or picked up from the waiver wire (equals a 9th).

Torrey Smith (6th)
LaGarrette Blount (8th)
Tyreek Hill (9th)
Derek Carr (10th)
Jason Witten (12th)
Dak Prescott (13th)
Kelvin Benjamin (14th)
acmillis

Postby Buc2 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:50 am

acmillis wrote:
Deja Entendu wrote:12 teams. .5PPR. Picking 4th

Derek Carr (10th)
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Rocker » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:07 am

Buc2 wrote:
acmillis wrote:
Rocker

Postby Hit55 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:30 pm

Carr. Without question.
Hit55

Postby Deja Entendu » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:23 pm

Thanks for the feedback. Carr was my thought as well, but I was wondering if someone could make a value case for someone like Hill. Obviously, it's unanimous.
Deja Entendu

Postby Deuce » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:58 am

Did you already lock this in? Yahoo ADP has Carr currently going in the 11th. Dak is going in the 9th. Tyreek Hill is going in the 5th. I don't think Carr is a terrible choice but if you're looking for the best value here, it's Tyreek. If it's a 1 QB league, a lot of people are waiting on QB and they should be. The difference between the 4th ranked QB and the 12th ranked is negligible. Also, in this case, if you believe in Dak at all, he's the better value. Most rankings have him and Carr close and it's a 4 round difference.

I love letting everyone else eat up Derek Carr this year. Dude hasn't passed for 4,000 yards in his career. Everyone loves him because he only threw 6 interceptions last year. I think interceptions for a QB are almost like TDs for WRs, you can see wild swings year to year. Unless you're Rodgers/Brady, throwing single digit interceptions is not sustainable year to year.
Deuce

Postby acmillis » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:09 am

Deuce wrote:Did you already lock this in? Yahoo ADP has Carr currently going in the 11th. Dak is going in the 9th. Tyreek Hill is going in the 5th. I don't think Carr is a terrible choice but if you're looking for the best value here, it's Tyreek. If it's a 1 QB league, a lot of people are waiting on QB and they should be. The difference between the 4th ranked QB and the 12th ranked is negligible. Also, in this case, if you believe in Dak at all, he's the better value. Most rankings have him and Carr close and it's a 4 round difference.

I love letting everyone else eat up Derek Carr this year. Dude hasn't passed for 4,000 yards in his career. Everyone loves him because he only threw 6 interceptions last year. I think interceptions for a QB are almost like TDs for WRs, you can see wild swings year to year. Unless you're Rodgers/Brady, throwing single digit interceptions is not sustainable year to year.

While I generally agree here, I think Hill is waaaaaaay overrated. To me, he is Percy Harvin or Tavon Austin. Good to have as a weapon on an actual team, but not good for your fantasy team as he will be too inconsistent IMO. I also don't believe in Dak as a fantasy QB this year. I can see the argument and appreciate the insight Deuce offers (and he even backs it up with actual numbers), but I just disagree.
acmillis

Postby Deuce » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:33 am

acmillis wrote:
Deuce wrote:Did you already lock this in? Yahoo ADP has Carr currently going in the 11th. Dak is going in the 9th. Tyreek Hill is going in the 5th. I don't think Carr is a terrible choice but if you're looking for the best value here, it's Tyreek. If it's a 1 QB league, a lot of people are waiting on QB and they should be. The difference between the 4th ranked QB and the 12th ranked is negligible. Also, in this case, if you believe in Dak at all, he's the better value. Most rankings have him and Carr close and it's a 4 round difference.

While I generally agree here, I think Hill is waaaaaaay overrated. To me, he is Percy Harvin or Tavon Austin. Good to have as a weapon on an actual team, but not good for your fantasy team as he will be too inconsistent IMO. I also don't believe in Dak as a fantasy QB this year. I can see the argument and appreciate the insight Deuce offers (and he even backs it up with actual numbers), but I just disagree.

Hill is in for a big TD regression. I could see him ending up with 6 TDs this year vs 12 last year. But the key here is value. OP can draft Carr in the 10th, most likely. And if not he can get a similar QB. Stafford is going in the 12th. Last year, Stafford had 400 more yards, 2 less total TDs and 4 more interceptions than Carr.

Taking Hill in the 9th is basically getting Hill in a place where DeSean Jackson, Willie Snead and Brandon Marshall are going. Like Hill or not, he's going to get a lot more opportunities than any of those guys.

This move isn't going to lose you your league but you're basically locking in your 10th round pick ahead of time instead of getting a really good value in Hill (or Prescott).
Deuce

Return to Fantasy Sport/Video Games