Switch to full style
This is where you would discuss your fantasy team. Look for advice, as well as talk about your favorite video games. The Geekery so to speak.
Post a reply

Upcoming Video Games Thread

Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:47 pm

We have one for movies, and the other gaming threads haven't seen much action in years...lol

Re: Upcoming Video Games Thread

Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:58 pm

I'm pretty sure I made this thread a while back. But I don't have anything I'm super pumped about at the moment. Ghost Recon and The Show are keeping me content.


And I'm constantly on R6: Siege

Re: Upcoming Video Games Thread

Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:16 pm



This is what I am waiting for! I am still playing GTA online a lot. Rumor is Scorpio will be the platform it will be demoed on.

Re: Upcoming Video Games Thread

Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:36 pm

I guess Dawn of War 3 is probably the only game I care about this year, that isn't out yet anyway. Unless Warhammer: Total War 2 comes out this year as well. ****ing Games Workshop is taking all of my money again.

Re: Upcoming Video Games Thread

Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:09 am

Anyone else excited for Injustice 2?

I loved the first Injustice.

Only problem with Injustice 2 is, I'll have to get a PS4 b/c all I have is a PS3. I don't play video games nearly as much as I used to, so I didn't feel like dropping the money to get a PS4 when it first came out. But I loved Injustice so much, and Injustice 2 has a much bigger roster and looks like it's gonna be awesome. Plus, I miss playing Madden.

Anyone got any suggestions on best deals for PS4s right now? Best model to get?

Re: Upcoming Video Games Thread

Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:13 am

I wouldn't get the pro unless you have the set up to utilize all the features.

Re: Upcoming Video Games Thread

Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:28 am

Exactly. ^^

And because of the pro, might be able to find a deal on a standard. Haven't looked in a while.

Re: Upcoming Video Games Thread

Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:58 am

Rocker wrote:I wouldn't get the pro unless you have the set up to utilize all the features.


Yeah. I'm just a novice gamer. I haven't bought a video game in probably 2 years. I'm not one of those gamers that buys every big game on release day. I mostly play Madden, the NHL game, and then get the occasional big game like Injustice. Heck, probably all I'll get for PS4 are those games and then every once in a while pick up a game that's a couple years old when it's marked down. Lol.

I just didn't know the best way to go. I'm so out of the loop on all the new consoles. When's the next big next-gen console coming out? I haven't heard much about a PS5 or whatever's next in line. Basically what I'm asking, if I buy a standard PS4, I'll be good to go or will that become outdated in the next year or so?

Re: Upcoming Video Games Thread

Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:53 pm

pewterpirates wrote:
Rocker wrote:I wouldn't get the pro unless you have the set up to utilize all the features.


Yeah. I'm just a novice gamer. I haven't bought a video game in probably 2 years. I'm not one of those gamers that buys every big game on release day. I mostly play Madden, the NHL game, and then get the occasional big game like Injustice. Heck, probably all I'll get for PS4 are those games and then every once in a while pick up a game that's a couple years old when it's marked down. Lol.

I just didn't know the best way to go. I'm so out of the loop on all the new consoles. When's the next big next-gen console coming out? I haven't heard much about a PS5 or whatever's next in line. Basically what I'm asking, if I buy a standard PS4, I'll be good to go or will that become outdated in the next year or so?


Haven't heard anything on a new PS coming out but I'm an xbox guy so I don't go out seeking PS info.. I know the Xbox Scorpio is slated to come out next holiday season I believe.. for that reason I'm sticking with my ONE and not upgrading to the ONE S.. although the white console looks great.

Re: Upcoming Video Games Thread

Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:06 pm

The Pro just released, so we probably won't hear anything about a PS5 until 2019 at the earliest. The Scorpio will release later this year...it will be the most powerful console ever. MS is trying to strike the balance between a gaming PC and a console. Unless you have a 4K HDR TV, then you should probably go with the slim if you want a PS. You could also get Xbox One S, and EA Access, which will give you all the yearly released sports games(Madden, NHL, and FIFA)

Re: Upcoming Video Games Thread

Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:07 pm

I think the PS4 is gonna have a long run. I still don't think they've fully tapped its capabilities.

Re: Upcoming Video Games Thread

Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:57 pm

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Gaben the wise? I thought not. It's not a tale the console gamers would tell you. Darth Gaben was a developer so poweful and so wise he could use coding to create Half-Life. He had such knowledge of the PC that he could even create Half-Life 2, and Half-Life 2 Ep. 2. The PC is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his money, which eventually, of course, he didn't. Unfortunately he realized that using Steam to slowly drain the wallets of his followers was much more efficient than creating Half-Life 3. What a ****.


The. End.

Re: Upcoming Video Games Thread

Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:30 am

Teitan wrote:I think the PS4 is gonna have a long run. I still don't think they've fully tapped its capabilities.


How so? The hardware can't be replaced so I think they have tapped it. Now the Scorpio is another story.

Re: Upcoming Video Games Thread

Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:48 am

The Outsider wrote:I guess Dawn of War 3 is probably the only game I care about this year, that isn't out yet anyway. Unless Warhammer: Total War 2 comes out this year as well. ****ing Games Workshop is taking all of my money again.



Yup. DOW 2 kind of sucked but it looks like 3 is going back to what made the first one great.

Re: Upcoming Video Games Thread

Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:31 am

Scorpio specs were released today



Forza 6 running at 4K 60 FPS(with power to spare)
Image

Full reveal at E3

Re: Upcoming Video Games Thread

Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:15 pm

Nano wrote:Scorpio specs were released today



Forza 6 running at 4K 60 FPS(with power to spare)
Image

Full reveal at E3


Omg I'm dying over here. That thing is never going to run steady 60 fps at 4k like they're claiming.

Re: Upcoming Video Games Thread

Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:35 pm

Yeah, I doubt it. Most PCs don't even run a steady 4K/60 without dumping probably double what this console would cost. Probably will be mostly racing games that run close to it or really linear games where you don't have to put much in the world. Funny thing is, r/xboxone seems to almost expect that all games will run it though.





Speaking of games, looks like this years Call of Duty will be returning to World War 2(experimental Nazi jetpacks and Allied wall-running anyone?). Also, Halo 3: Anniversary Edition(it was fun 10 years ago...)

Re: Upcoming Video Games Thread

Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:49 am

E3

Re: Upcoming Video Games Thread

Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:30 pm

Nano wrote:E3


What about it?

Re: Upcoming Video Games Thread

Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:26 pm

Started today(technically yesterday but EAs presser was considered an intro/preview)

Re: Upcoming Video Games Thread

Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:00 pm

PS4 has an impressive slate of games coming.

Re: Upcoming Video Games Thread

Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:15 pm

What did Nintendo announce that has people so excited?

Re: Upcoming Video Games Thread

Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:26 pm

They had 3 big announcements.

Super Mario Odyssey
Main series Pokemon game on switch(Not a tournament game like Pekken or Stadium)

Biggest announcement was Metroid Prime 4 is in development.

Re: Upcoming Video Games Thread

Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:20 am

Nano wrote:They had 3 big announcements.

Super Mario Odyssey
Main series Pokemon game on switch(Not a tournament game like Pekken or Stadium)

Biggest announcement was Metroid Prime 4 is in development.



Looking forward to play metroid prime 4

Re: Upcoming Video Games Thread

Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:56 pm

Call of Duty: World War II

Re: Upcoming Video Games Thread

Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:35 pm

Kind of feel bad for infinite Warfare, it was doomed from the start(Seems like everyone decided to hate it, and write it off, after that first trailer). Hell, I know a couple people that bought it just to get MWR(which comes out later next week), and never really tried it.

MP was a bit weak(not up to BO3 standards), Zombies was fun but it's starting to get redundant overall. Campaign was really good though. Actually had a story, and characters with personality. Everyone was unique and not just the boring stereotype brutes like in usual COD campaign; and you actually cared when someone died(
Spoiler:
And just about everyone died lol


If they broke off that IP to make it's own series, I'd be interested.

As for WW2, it looks fun...but I hope they're not just overreacting to BF1 and rushing out a historical shooter just because. Also hope they branch out more like in WaW

Re: Upcoming Video Games Thread

Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:07 pm

New Battlefield game next year
Post a reply