First Look at Nintendo Switch

This is where you would discuss your fantasy team. Look for advice, as well as talk about your favorite video games. The Geekery so to speak.
First Look at Nintendo Switch

Postby Phantom Phenom » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:28 am

Phantom Phenom

Re: First Look at Nintendo Switch

Postby Noles1724 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:43 am

Phantom Phenom wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5uik5fgIaI&feature=youtu.be

came across this yesterday. gotta say it looks simply amazing! This is the type of development that will but NES back in the ring with the big dawgs.
Noles1724

Postby A Man's Part » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:06 pm

Massive failure.
A Man's Part

Postby lachisbackisback » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:34 pm

Yeah, I don't get it as a device marketed to the masses. It's too big and modular to be something most people would use on public transit or something, and won't have the support that a dedicated TV console needs to be super successful. I hope it does well, and it will surely have the same market that the Wii U had, but I don't see it rivaling PS or Xbox any time soon. I'd love to be wrong, though, as competition in the space is generally good.
lachisbackisback

Postby Phantom Phenom » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:34 pm

A Man's Part wrote:Massive failure.

Why?
Phantom Phenom

Postby Doctor » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:46 pm

Brilliant. Way to play to your strengths. Nintendo still dominates the handheld market and this allows them to capitalize on that. Xbox and PS dominate a lot of the core gamer market, much made up of just the same nerd jocks playing a combination of sport titles and first person shooters. These guys will continue to have a pissing contest over the last possible number of pixels or processing power, but really amount to nothing. Nintendo strengths has always been going outside the box, coming up with something new. They have given us all the best innovations from the joystick to four players to motion control.

All it takes is for the first kid to bring his to school and it's over. This system will sell like hot cakes.
Doctor

Postby lachisbackisback » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:01 pm

Maybe I'm out of the loop. Are kids playing the 3DS or any other handheld in droves at all? This just looks like a less cool version of that to me, in terms of a handheld device. Maybe kids will disagree, but I would think the novelty of 3D without glasses would be more of a wow moment for little kids than this.

I'm guessing this thing will be more money than an older version of PS4 or XB1 by the time it comes out, so I can't see the console element of it being all that appealing, especially if they have kids of varying ages. But yeah, if kids really love 3DS as much as they loved Gameboys back in my day, I could see that catching on to some degree. Maybe.

The other thing is if the thing is relatively expensive, which it will be because Nintendo, are you even going to want your kid to go to school with a modular electronic device, knowing that the kid could come back with one controller not attached anymore or something? Again, I dunno.
lachisbackisback

Return to Fantasy Sport/Video Games