2016 Fantasy Football Advice Thread

This is where you would discuss your fantasy team. Look for advice, as well as talk about your favorite video games. The Geekery so to speak.
Re: 2016 Fantasy Football Advice Thread

Postby Doctor » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:11 am

OKAY FELLAS- 16 TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND. Need all the advice I can get. What you think?

(click to make sharper)

Doctor

Postby Deuce » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:53 am

beardmcdoug wrote:Which team ya'll got heading into this week:

Team 1:
QB: Dak
RB1: Melvin Gordon
RB2: CJ Anderson
WR1: Antonio Brown
WR2: Larry Fitz
Flex: Travis Kelce

Team 2:
QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB1: Leveon Bell
RB2: Jordan Howard
Flex: Kenyan Drake
WR1: Deandre Hopkins
WR2: Mike Evans

.5 PPR

Congrats!

Once waivers go through, I almost wanna make a separate thread for championship matchups.
Deuce

Postby Deuce » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:58 am

Doctor wrote:OKAY FELLAS- 16 TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND. Need all the advice I can get. What you think?

(click to make sharper)

If you ride with Bortles and win the ship...that'll be awesome.

I like your RBs and DEF, wouldn't touch those.

I'd check the wire for:

WR- Keelan Cole, Martavis Bryant, Mike Wallace available? If not, I'd play Benjamin over Wright. (I'd probably play Bryant or Cole over Mike Davis at FLEX)
TE- Garret Celek maybe?
K- you probably won't make a change here but I'd check for obvious, awesome matchups.
Deuce

Postby Deuce » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:59 am

I got this idea in my head and now I'm getting obsessed with it. Mike Gillislee this week. Burkhead is out, NE plays Buffalo who allows the most points to RBs, and it's Gillislee's old team.

And isn't it the most Belichick thing you can think of for Gillislee to have a big game this week?
Deuce

Postby beardmcdoug » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:52 am

Deuce wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:Which team ya'll got heading into this week:

Team 1:
QB: Dak
RB1: Melvin Gordon
RB2: CJ Anderson
WR1: Antonio Brown
WR2: Larry Fitz
Flex: Travis Kelce

Team 2:
QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB1: Leveon Bell
RB2: Jordan Howard
Flex: Kenyan Drake
WR1: Deandre Hopkins
WR2: Mike Evans

.5 PPR

Congrats!

Once waivers go through, I almost wanna make a separate thread for championship matchups.

Thanks bro - won 177.5 to 94.5 :D

Playing my brother-in-law in the championship this week. Looks like I won't have Rodgers, but Bortles is my back-up - so I'm ridin his ass to victory lane lol

Brother-in-law's team:

QB: Rivers
RB1: McCoy
RB2: Demarco Murray
WR1: K. Allen
WR2: Golden Tate
WR3: Mike Wallace

even with Bortles, I think I stand a pretty good chance. $350 if I win. sendin up a prayer to the man upstairs
beardmcdoug

Postby beardmcdoug » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:52 am

Deuce wrote:I got this idea in my head and now I'm getting obsessed with it. Mike Gillislee this week. Burkhead is out, NE plays Buffalo who allows the most points to RBs, and it's Gillislee's old team.

And isn't it the most Belichick thing you can think of for Gillislee to have a big game this week?

this is a good call too
beardmcdoug

Postby Doctor » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:38 pm

Deuce wrote:
Doctor wrote:OKAY FELLAS- 16 TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND. Need all the advice I can get. What you think?

(click to make sharper)

I'd check the wire for:

WR- Keelan Cole, Martavis Bryant, Mike Wallace available? If not, I'd play Benjamin over Wright. (I'd probably play Bryant or Cole over Mike Davis at FLEX)
TE- Garret Celek maybe?
K- you probably won't make a change here but I'd check for obvious, awesome matchups.

I've actually played Brees every week until now. I just can no longer ignore the stats. Bortles is far hotter and has a better match up.
I have a waiver claim for Cole, he'd probably be my WR2 with Cooks unless Cooper comes out looking super healthy which is doubtful. Bryant and Wallace are long gone. Wright has been a favourite of Mitch over the past two weeks- 24 targets 17 catches, 190 yards. Benjamin has been.... nothing.

Celek vs the Jags defense?? That's bold. He is a FA. As is Ebron, Watson, and Rogers (GB).

Kerwynn Williams and Wayne Gallman are there in FA too, perhaps for the flex?
Doctor

Postby Deuce » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:49 pm

Doctor wrote:
Deuce wrote:

I'd check the wire for:

TE- Garret Celek maybe?

I've actually played Brees every week until now. I just can no longer ignore the stats. Bortles is far hotter and has a better match up.
I have a waiver claim for Cole, he'd probably be my WR2 with Cooks unless Cooper comes out looking super healthy which is doubtful. Bryant and Wallace are long gone. Wright has been a favourite of Mitch over the past two weeks- 24 targets 17 catches, 190 yards. Benjamin has been.... nothing.

Celek vs the Jags defense?? That's bold. He is a FA. As is Ebron, Watson, and Rogers (GB).

Kerwynn Williams and Wayne Gallman are there in FA too, perhaps for the flex?

I have a pretty strong bias against the Chicago receiving options just because we've seen Trubisky throw like 10 passes in a game this season. Cole would be a nice addition.

I forgot about the matchup for Celek...scratch that. Ebron has had 2 good games in a row and Watson was good last week, plus he has another good matchup. I'm thinking I'd start either over Doyle but honestly, it's a toss up. There aren't many good TE options and haven't been all season.

I would have no idea how to pick between Williams, Gallman and Mike Davis. I guess Williams would be the preferred option, if healthy.
Deuce

Postby Deuce » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:38 am

Waivers have run, so here is my championship game.

My team:

QB Russell Wilson
RB Dion Lewis
RB Kareem Hunt
WR Demaryius Thomas
WR Mike Evans
TE Rob Gronkowski
FLEX Martavis Bryant
K Harrison Butker
DST Ravens

BN Mike Wallace
BN Nick Foles
BN Case Keenum
BN Mike Gillislee
BN Marquise Goodwin

Opponent:

QB Jameis Winston
RB Lamar Miller
RB Carlos Hyde
WR Michael Thomas
WR Juju Smith-Schuster
TE Greg Olsen
FLEX Mike Davis
K Justin Tucker
DST Eagles

BN Jonathan Stewart
BN Keelan Cole

I didn't list the rest of his bench but he did just add Cole and Stewart, so I'm wondering if he'll start either. What do you guys think? Should I make any changes? Will I win?
Deuce

Postby Doctor » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:15 pm

You should win. Dion may get vultured at the goal line but I still like your squad better. May come down to who steps up for AB. I like juju.
Doctor

Postby Doctor » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:53 pm

(click to make sharper)

Replaced Wright with Cole and Davis with Cardinals RB Williams. Good call?
Doctor

Postby Deuce » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:29 am

How did everyone do in their championships? Mine turned out pretty boring, won 124-96, and the score was never really close.
Deuce

Postby beardmcdoug » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:30 pm

Deuce wrote:How did everyone do in their championships? Mine turned out pretty boring, won 124-96, and the score was never really close.

Congrats dude!

Mine was about the same - won 133 -102 and will be coming in with around $400 in winnings with weekly scoring bonuses etc

HOWEVER The best part are the bragging rights attached to this one - this is my second year in this league - my brother-in-law's league, who I work with, along with some of with the other guys in the league, and it's a 12 team, 3 year, 3 player, keeper league that they've had going for about 15 years. Some of the guys still haven't won their first championship.

I came in the first year, made a bunch of trades, turned over the roster, missed the playoffs by one game, won the toilet bowl, won more ping pong balls for the draft raffle, got the top pick, got LeVeon Bell, won the championship the second year. I lost Aaron Rodgers early too but streamed Tyrod and Dalton the Bortles. I traded away Adam Theilen at about week 8, he balled out but I got Jordan Howard for him and I leaned on him all through late season. The real key was I was all over the waiver wire early and often, I picked up Kenyan Drake and Samje Perine the week before each had their blow up games, and had them starting. The week I had Pierre Garçon (my flex) go down, I had picked up Evan Engram and was able to ride him for a few weeks. Things just seemed to go right this year and most of my calls ended up paying off.

Crazy start to this year with all the erratic up and down fantasy scoring, but with so many star players getting injured this year it just sort of felt like whoevers team was still standing was going to win. I had Mike Evans, Deandre Hopkins, Bell and Howard - all healthy basically all this year, really only lost A Rod - so I just outlasted everybody and ended up pounding my way through the playoffs.

I also got lucky the guy with Ezekiel Elliot and Todd Gurley got knocked out in the first round of the playoffs while zeke was still suspended
beardmcdoug

Postby Doctor » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:04 pm

I won the Buczone league over Bootz. Then I lost my trophy league bad with the squad above^ like 124-89. It was bad. And I'm now in leg 2 of a championship game with an 8 point advantage.
Doctor

Previous

Return to Fantasy Sport/Video Games