2016 Fantasy Football Advice Thread

This is where you would discuss your fantasy team. Look for advice, as well as talk about your favorite video games. The Geekery so to speak.
Re: 2016 Fantasy Football Advice Thread

Postby DUTCH IS BACK » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:32 am

I currently have the following line-up in a 12 team $100 league with a 5-0 record after 5 weeks:

QB: Tom Brady
RB: Kareem Hunt, Andre Ellington
WR: Desean Jackson, Danny Amendola
TE: Cameron Brate
Flex: Wayne Gallman
K: Greg Zuerlein
DEF: Green Bay Packers

Bench:
Alex Smith
Jameis Winston
David Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald
Jordan Reed
Buffalo Bills

Since I am #12 on waiver wire every week it's very hard to add decent players every week.
I have a problem dealing Alex Smith as most players value 5-6 point a week RBs higher than the #1 QB in FF. Jameis I won't cut until after the bye week of Brady as he has a nice high scoring matchup against the Saints in week 9.

David Johnson I just can't cut, I still think he will help a lot in the playoffs.
Jordan Reed has a lot of potential but hasn't produced so far this season.

What would you do in this situation?? Drop any players, ride out the season with this team or .....??

I could use a roster space for some waiver addition down the road, but I'd rather cut none of my players :D .

BTW I'm not sure on which WR to start, either Amendola or Fitzgerald. Fitz will probably be covered by Grimes all game, so I'm leaning towards Amendola. Or I could start both and bench Gallman.

Any advice would be appreciated.
DUTCH IS BACK

Postby uscbucsfan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:40 am

Even being low on the waiver wire, you can get players. You shouldn't be carrying 3 QBs and 2 Defenses throughout the season.

Drop a Smith and use that to try to pick a player with potential to break out. I usually have 2 spots that I am constantly picking up FA and dumping them and I'm in first in my league as well. It looks like you picked up Gallman.
uscbucsfan

Postby Deuce » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:40 am

DUTCH IS BACK wrote:I currently have the following line-up in a 12 team $100 league with a 5-0 record after 5 weeks:

Bench:
Alex Smith
Jameis Winston
David Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald
Jordan Reed
Buffalo Bills

That's a good team but I'm pretty surprised you're 5-0. Your WRs are pretty weak. You need to drop a QB, Smith or Winston, having three is kind of a waste of a roster spot. Or trade them, even if its pennies on the dollar, sell to the highest bidder. If Jordan Reed doesn't produce soon, he can go. I'm not keen on waiting for David Johnson either. The Cards look pretty bad, who knows what they'll do with him if they have a bad record come holiday season. Drop the Packers D after the Bills' bye. Boom, 4 roster spots. Look for WR help. If no one is available, take a shot on Mike Williams (LAC).
Deuce

Postby uscbucsfan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:09 am

Deuce wrote:
DUTCH IS BACK wrote:I currently have the following line-up in a 12 team $100 league with a 5-0 record after 5 weeks:

Bench:
Alex Smith
Jameis Winston
David Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald
Jordan Reed
Buffalo Bills

That's a good team but I'm pretty surprised you're 5-0. Your WRs are pretty weak. You need to drop a QB, Smith or Winston, having three is kind of a waste of a roster spot. Or trade them, even if its pennies on the dollar, sell to the highest bidder. If Jordan Reed doesn't produce soon, he can go. I'm not keen on waiting for David Johnson either. The Cards look pretty bad, who knows what they'll do with him if they have a bad record come holiday season. Drop the Packers D after the Bills' bye. Boom, 4 roster spots. Look for WR help. If no one is available, take a shot on Mike Williams (LAC).

Good advice. I think he'll be a nice redzone target when he returns.
uscbucsfan

Postby DUTCH IS BACK » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:42 am

uscbucsfan wrote:Even being low on the waiver wire, you can get players. You shouldn't be carrying 3 QBs and 2 Defenses throughout the season.

Drop a Smith and use that to try to pick a player with potential to break out. I usually have 2 spots that I am constantly picking up FA and dumping them and I'm in first in my league as well. It looks like you picked up Gallman.

But by dropping Smith I'm giving away a 20-30 point QB to one of my opponents and I won't take that risk.

That's the dilemma I have at this moment. By cutting a player I'm making other teams better.

I did pick up Gallman, he slipped by the others for some reason.
DUTCH IS BACK

Postby uscbucsfan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:55 am

DUTCH IS BACK wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:Even being low on the waiver wire, you can get players. You shouldn't be carrying 3 QBs and 2 Defenses throughout the season.

But by dropping Smith I'm giving away a 20-30 point QB to one of my opponents and I won't take that risk.

That's the dilemma I have at this moment. By cutting a player I'm making other teams better.

But your team will struggle when Bye weeks start to happen. You have no depth or bench. I'd be worried more if I were you about bye weeks and injuries to WRs/RBs. You only have Fitz....
uscbucsfan

Postby DUTCH IS BACK » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:00 am

Deuce wrote:

Bench:
Alex Smith
Jameis Winston
David Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald
Jordan Reed
Buffalo Bills

I had over 100 points the first 3 weeks, mainly because of Hunt and Brady.

I almost made a trade for Kelce in exchange for Smith and Reed but eventually the deal wasn't accepted.

This is the first week I carry 2 defenses, picked up the Packers for the Cards this week and will drop them after the Bills had their bye week.

Dropping Johnson is just hard to do, it might bite me in the ass during the playoffs and I just don't want to give him away and upgrade other teams who have room to carry him on the bench.

I was looking at Williams and will try to pick him up when I drop the Packers.

I know WR is my weak spot but Fitzgerald and Jackson have the potential to give me at least 13 points a week. I've tried to trade Smith and Reed for TY Hilton for when Luck returns, but that trade got turned down too.

The reason my WR position is weak is because I picked Johnson, Hunt and Brady in the first 3 rounds and just missed out on Kelce and Garçon in the 4th and 5th or else my team would have been aces. The good WRs are gone by the end of the 4th. I was pretty happy ending up with Fitzgerald and Jackson after all, I did expect a lot more from the Cards this year but their O-line sucks.

I'm playing the only 0-5 team this week and might be up 2 W's on the entire league after this weekend. I'm already looking at matchups for the last 2 weeks of the season to be as strong as possible in the playoffs but in this league it's really hard to pick up any decent players as every single player is very active dropping and adding players and it's hard to do anything when you're #12 on waivers.

Thanks for the input guys.

I'll keep you updated later on in the season.
DUTCH IS BACK

Postby DUTCH IS BACK » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:06 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
DUTCH IS BACK wrote:

But your team will struggle when Bye weeks start to happen. You have no depth or bench. I'd be worried more if I were you about bye weeks and injuries to WRs/RBs. You only have Fitz....

True that's why I am already puzzling with the byes but I already took that in account when I was drafting.
There are teams that carry like 5-6 RBs, too bad I can't start 2 QBs that would have been great this season.

Injuries happen and there is not a lot you can do about it. Only WR I may pick up as wel is Mike Wallace, but last week could have been his best of this season.

It's hard to decide to start Smith over Brady, who benches the GOAT, but it is tempting this week. Brady plays @ Jets and Smith plays the Steelers @ home.
DUTCH IS BACK

Postby Deuce » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:25 am

DUTCH IS BACK wrote:
Deuce wrote:

I had over 100 points the first 3 weeks, mainly because of Hunt and Brady.

I almost made a trade for Kelce in exchange for Smith and Reed but eventually the deal wasn't accepted.

This is the first week I carry 2 defenses, picked up the Packers for the Cards this week and will drop them after the Bills had their bye week.

Dropping Johnson is just hard to do, it might bite me in the ass during the playoffs and I just don't want to give him away and upgrade other teams who have room to carry him on the bench.

I was looking at Williams and will try to pick him up when I drop the Packers.

I know WR is my weak spot but Fitzgerald and Jackson have the potential to give me at least 13 points a week. I've tried to trade Smith and Reed for TY Hilton for when Luck returns, but that trade got turned down too.

The reason my WR position is weak is because I picked Johnson, Hunt and Brady in the first 3 rounds and just missed out on Kelce and Garçon in the 4th and 5th or else my team would have been aces. The good WRs are gone by the end of the 4th. I was pretty happy ending up with Fitzgerald and Jackson after all, I did expect a lot more from the Cards this year but their O-line sucks.

I'm playing the only 0-5 team this week and might be up 2 W's on the entire league after this weekend. I'm already looking at matchups for the last 2 weeks of the season to be as strong as possible in the playoffs but in this league it's really hard to pick up any decent players as every single player is very active dropping and adding players and it's hard to do anything when you're #12 on waivers.

Thanks for the input guys.

I'll keep you updated later on in the season.

Being #12 on waivers is not an excuse, no matter how active your league is. Like usc said, you did manage to get Gallman. The thing making your team shallow is your hardheadedness.

QB- Drop Jameis or Smith. It's one QB league with what...12 teams? So almost every team will have a top 10 QB already. You will be helping one team get 8-10 extra points every week, and it'll probably be a bottom-feeder team anyway.

RB- You need to let Johnson go. You're gonna hold on to him for 10+ weeks hoping he comes back healthy with 4-5 games left and the Cardinals are in the hunt enough to use him. The only leagues where I've seen him kept is ones that have an IR spot.

You need to worry about making your team the best it can be. It seems like you're too scared to make moves because you're in fear of another team getting better. Play to win, don't play to not lose (pretty sure I messed that up but you get it).
Deuce

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:37 am

I agree with dropping one of your 3 QBs. It's a 1 QB league you're in and you have Tom Brady. Find out who has the better matchup on the Pats bye week between Smith-Winston and drop the other.

Hoarding players that will never start is a losing strategy when they are occupying spots on your roster/bench that you could use for a sleeper on the waiver wire. Injuries are coming fast and furious to key players so use your bench to find sleeper that could help your team instead of a middle of the road FF QB like Winston or Alex Smith.

I'd keep David Johnson though. It was a wrist injury, not a lower leg problem so he should be 100% when he returns.
DreadNaught

Postby Buc2 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:41 am

So, apparently Jameis will get the start against the Bills. Now the question is, do I start him?

My other choices:
League 1: Roethlisberger vs Bengals or Mariota vs Browns?

League 2: Dalton vs Steelers
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby acmillis » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:34 pm

Buc2 wrote:So, apparently Jameis will get the start against the Bills. Now the question is, do I start him?

My other choices:

acmillis

Postby Buc2 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:12 pm

acmillis wrote:
Buc2 wrote:So, apparently Jameis will get the start against the Bills. Now the question is, do I start him?

My other choices:

Big Ben over Mariota vs the Browns? That's a bit of a surprise.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby acmillis » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:59 pm

Buc2 wrote:
acmillis wrote:

Big Ben over Mariota vs the Browns? That's a bit of a surprise.

I have a feeling the Browns win this one pretty easily...
acmillis

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:07 am

Goff vs Cardinals in London or
Siemian vs Chargers in Los Angeles?
Bootz2004

Postby Doctor » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:58 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:Goff vs Cardinals in London or

Goff.
Doctor

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:46 pm

Doctor wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:Goff vs Cardinals in London or

Goff.

From here on out. Siemian is boo boo.
Bootz2004

Postby Mex-Buc » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:20 pm

Fellas, quick one:

Big Ben vs Lions

or

Stafford vs Steelers
Mex-Buc

Postby acmillis » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:08 am

Mex-Buc wrote:Fellas, quick one:

Big Ben vs Lions

or

Stafford vs Steelers
acmillis

Postby Deuce » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:27 pm

I feel like I need to preface this by saying this is a 2 QB league, I'm actually in third place (total points league), and I lost Rodgers.

Matt Moore @ BAL
Joe Flacco vs Mia

Baltimore allows the 3rd fewest points to QBs but they've faced garbage QBs all year. Miami just gave up 3 TDs to McCown. Despite all of this, I'm still leaving Moore.
Deuce

Postby Konatown » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:37 pm

I would go Moore personally.

I’ve got 3 WRs and Christian Mccafrey as a flex. Can only start 2 WRs and Mccafrey or all 3 WRs and sit Mccafrey.
Doug Baldwin vs Houston
Jarvis Landry vs Baltimore
Kelvin Benjamin vs Bucs

Non PPR

My head says KB and Mccafrey for sure since they’re playing us. And I’m thinking Baldwin over Landry, even though Landry has been producing lately.
Konatown

Postby DUTCH IS BACK » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:41 pm

QB: Alex Smith
RB: Kareem Hunt, J.D. McKissic
Flex: Kenny Stills
K: Kai Forbath
DEF: Buffalo Bills

Bench:
Tom Brady
Jameis Winston
David Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald
Danny Woodhead
Greg Zuerlein

Above my current roster and I'm thinking of making to big trades because of RB depth. I'm currently 6-1 and probably losing this week and dropping to 6-2.

First: Tom Brady for Doug Martin

Second: Kareem Hunt, Cameron Brate and Bills D for Chris Thompson, Marlon Mack, Anthony Collins, Travis Kelce and Ravens D.

With those trades I finally get some RB depth with a possible comeback of DJ come play-off time. I'm going with Smith for the remainder of the season, that's why I want Kelce for trading Hunt who doesn't score a lot of TDs lately.

What do you guys think??
DUTCH IS BACK

Postby acmillis » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:36 am

DUTCH IS BACK wrote:QB: Alex Smith
RB: Kareem Hunt, J.D. McKissic
Flex: Kenny Stills
K: Kai Forbath
DEF: Buffalo Bills

Bench:
Tom Brady
Jameis Winston
David Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald
Danny Woodhead
Greg Zuerlein

Above my current roster and I'm thinking of making to big trades because of RB depth. I'm currently 6-1 and probably losing this week and dropping to 6-2.

First: Tom Brady for Doug Martin...HELL NO! Brady should have way more value than that

Second: Kareem Hunt, Cameron Brate and Bills D for Chris Thompson, Marlon Mack, Anthony Collins, Travis Kelce and Ravens D. Sure...I guess I'd do this one.

With those trades I finally get some RB depth with a possible comeback of DJ come play-off time. I'm going with Smith for the remainder of the season, that's why I want Kelce for trading Hunt who doesn't score a lot of TDs lately.

What do you guys think??
acmillis

Postby DUTCH IS BACK » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:22 pm

Made two other trades in the end:

Tom Brady, Cameron Brate and Bills D for Anthony Collins, Marlon Mack and Ravens D

Kareem Hunt and Desean Jackson for Jordan Howard, Marshawn Lynch and Demarius Thomas

Leaving me with:

QB: Alex Smith and Jameis Winston
RB: Jordan Howard, Anthony Collins, Marlon Mack, Marshawn Lynch and Danny Woodhead
WR: Larry Fitzgerald, Demarius Thomas, Danny Amendola and Kenny Stills
TE:
D: Ravens

Just hope to get either Engram or Doyle through waivers and I think I'm set for the playoffs.
DUTCH IS BACK

Postby DUTCH IS BACK » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:25 am

I've made some more trades to gear up for the playoffs being 7-2 after a rather lucky win last week ending my 2 game skid.

I traded J. Howard, T. Cohen and J. Doyle for C. McCaffrey, T. Kelce and Damien Williams.

My team looks like this going towards the playoffs:

QB: A. Smith and M. Ryan
RB: C. McCaffrey, M. Lynch, A. Collins, D. Woodhead and D. Williams
WR: D. Thomas, L. Fitzgerald and B. Anderson
TE: T. Kelce and J. Thomas
K: Zuerlein
DEF: Ravens and Chargers

I'm looking to drop Thomas and Chargers after this week to pick up an extra WR through waivers and picking up David Johnson incase he does come back to play later this year.

I've been tweaking my roster a lot the last couple of weeks with weeks 14,15 and 16 in mind. Hoping to clinch a week 14 bye in the playoffs next week.

IMO Thomas and Fitzgerald had bigger chances of getting me more points when their starting QB's went out, making them true #1 wr's for their backup qb's.

I've been looking to add Kelce for weeks and now finally got him. To me the combination of Smith and Kelce and Brady and Gronkowski have very high potential, way more than certain #2 RB's. So trading Howard to get McCaffrey and Kelce back should give me at least 5 extra points a week.

Zuerlein is smokin hot this season and the Rams big potential on offense certainly helps.
DUTCH IS BACK

Previous

Return to Fantasy Sport/Video Games