What games are you looking forward to?

This is where you would discuss your fantasy team. Look for advice, as well as talk about your favorite video games. The Geekery so to speak.
Re: What games are you looking forward to?

Postby beardmcdoug » Fri May 31, 2019 4:48 pm

Rocker wrote:I made my chops as a semi-serious gamer back in the Ghosts timeframe. I haven’t played since my clan leader unexpectedly passed during the Infinite Warfare timeframe, nor do I see a reason to pick it back up. There’s other FPS games out there that trump what COD has to offer.

KEEP IT IN THE POLITICAL FORUM :screaming:
beardmcdoug

Postby Rocker » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:54 am

beardmcdoug wrote:
Rocker wrote:I made my chops as a semi-serious gamer back in the Ghosts timeframe. I haven’t played since my clan leader unexpectedly passed during the Infinite Warfare timeframe, nor do I see a reason to pick it back up. There’s other FPS games out there that trump what COD has to offer.

KEEP IT IN THE POLITICAL FORUM :screaming:

Heh. That place has been something else, of late.

Not a vidya games thing, but check this out: So my oldest kid is struggling with reading comprehension. Wife asks me to help out. The closest thing I have on my shelf that would work for him is an old copy of the Annotated Dragonlance Chronicles. We start reading together as a family. Wife and kid get hung up on the notes. They start asking all sorts of questions. Long story short - we will be participating in our first Dungeons and Dragons campaign in a few weeks.

I am become Nerd.
Rocker

Postby Nano » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:58 am

Forgot to pause Humble Bundle and now I have Black Ops 4 on PC lol
Nano

Postby Bucsgirl-DK » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:42 am

Starting to see speculations on Reddit that we are getting a Baldur's Gate III. Some subtle hints have been showing up on certain websites. Time to start going through 1 and 2 again to get ready. Baldur's Gate 2 is 19 years old so there will be a lot of hype if they really do make a third. Just hope it can live up to it.
Bucsgirl-DK

Postby Buc2 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:59 am

Finally getting the hang of Mass Effect: Andromeda. However, I still think the combat sucks. Damn good thing I have a crew to go into fights with me or I'd still be on my first trip to Eos. :lol: I'm hoping once I can craft some better gear, that will help a lot with my lacking combat skills. Also, I'm still not understanding how to make use of the combos the game talks about. I have a feeling that later in the game, that is going to be a crucial skill to have.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Nano » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:01 pm

I started playing Andromeda again after you brought it up the last time. Never finished it back in 2017, but it's on Origins so why not. The combos they mention are combining powers. Like set a guy on fire, then shoot a concussion blast at him...he'll explode. Send a guy floating in the air for your turret to have target practice against, it'll do more damage than usual. Can be used with your teammate's powers as well.
Nano

Postby Caradoc » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:17 pm

Classic WoW is coming out in a couple of months. I've been messing around on a private server the last month. It'll be interesting if they are as successful as the EQ progression servers. PvP was great back in vanilla and TBC.
Caradoc

Postby Nano » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:24 am

THQ Nordic is teasing 3 new games that will appear at E3.

First one is Darksiders: Genesis
2nd one is Red Faction: Evolution
3rd one...unknown. Rumors seem to suggest either another Saints Row or Destroy all Humans game.
Nano

Postby The Outsider » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:12 pm

Bucsgirl-DK wrote:Starting to see speculations on Reddit that we are getting a Baldur's Gate III. Some subtle hints have been showing up on certain websites. Time to start going through 1 and 2 again to get ready. Baldur's Gate 2 is 19 years old so there will be a lot of hype if they really do make a third. Just hope it can live up to it.

Oh lord, I do not trust Bioware to do a Baldur's Gate right now they'll **** it up horribly.
The Outsider

Postby Nano » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:33 am

Bucsgirl-DK wrote:Starting to see speculations on Reddit that we are getting a Baldur's Gate III. Some subtle hints have been showing up on certain websites. Time to start going through 1 and 2 again to get ready. Baldur's Gate 2 is 19 years old so there will be a lot of hype if they really do make a third. Just hope it can live up to it.

It's been confirmed, Baldur's Gate III is coming out. It's being made by Larian Studios, the creators of Divinity: Original Sin 2.

A couple of Pre-E3 leaks:
-Elden Ring: New game from From Software(Devs of the Dark Souls series) created with George R. R. Martin.
-New Tales game in Tales of Arise
-Ni No Kuni remastered

Big one for me is that THQNordic announced a Destroy All Humans! remaster. Probably my favorite games back in the mid 2000s lol.
Nano

Postby The Outsider » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:42 am

Nano wrote:

It's been confirmed, Baldur's Gate III is coming out. It's being made by Larian Studios, the creators of Divinity: Original Sin 2.

A couple of Pre-E3 leaks:
-Elden Ring: New game from From Software(Devs of the Dark Souls series) created with George R. R. Martin.
-New Tales game in Tales of Arise
-Ni No Kuni remastered

Big one for me is that THQNordic announced a Destroy All Humans! remaster. Probably my favorite games back in the mid 2000s lol.

It'll be interesting to see how Larian does with BG3. D:OS2 is a solid game but not much in the story area.

Also, while I'm stoked for Tales of Arise I do not like the realistic direction they've taken with the art style. The game world looks way too much like a Final Fantasy game judging from the screenshots. The anime style and cel-shaded (or pseudo-cel-shaded) graphics are a hallmark of the series and something that doesn't need to be changed at all.
The Outsider

Postby Teitan » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:48 am

Watched the game play trailer for the new Star Wars game. It looks nice.. but I still get a very linear feel from it.
Teitan

Postby The Outsider » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:51 am

Teitan wrote:Watched the game play trailer for the new Star Wars game. It looks nice.. but I still get a very linear feel from it.

Good, not everything needs to be a sandbox. Some of the best games I've ever played were linear as ****.
The Outsider

Postby Nano » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:43 pm

Cyberpunk finally has a release date. April 16th, 2020
Nano

Postby Buc2 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:26 am

The Outsider wrote:
Teitan wrote:Watched the game play trailer for the new Star Wars game. It looks nice.. but I still get a very linear feel from it.

Good, not everything needs to be a sandbox. Some of the best games I've ever played were linear as ****.

Yep. For me, Fable comes to mind. That's the game that originally got me into fantasy rpg's. Don't get me wrong, though. The open-world rpg's are a lot of fun as well (Skyrim, Dragon Age, etc.), but linear gameplay doesn't necessarily mean it's bad.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby .irishHITMAN4rent » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:27 pm

Final Fantasy VII Remake looks amazing
.irishHITMAN4rent

Postby Rocker » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:32 pm

.irishHITMAN4rent wrote:Final Fantasy VII Remake looks amazing

I’m more excited for this than just about anything else.
Rocker

Postby Teitan » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:04 pm

Buc2 wrote:
The Outsider wrote:

Yep. For me, Fable comes to mind. That's the game that originally got me into fantasy rpg's. Don't get me wrong, though. The open-world rpg's are a lot of fun as well (Skyrim, Dragon Age, etc.), but linear gameplay doesn't necessarily mean it's bad.

Eh. I don’t need full sandbox style, but I like games I can explore an area or make choices on how to do things. When it’s “follow this path til you fight this boss” I check out. And that’s how most Star Wars games have been lately.

I’m ready for a new KOTOR. A real one, not that MMO they stole the name for.
Teitan

Postby Nano » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:05 pm

Each year it is told of a sale so great, that other stores bow like cowards. A sale so vast that even those picky may find what they desire. A sale so big that websites count down to its very arrival.

Loosen those purse strings lads, the Steam Summer Sale is upon us.
Nano

Postby TheChefO » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:52 pm

Nano wrote:Each year it is told of a sale so great, that other stores bow like cowards. A sale so vast that even those picky may find what they desire. A sale so big that websites count down to its very arrival.

Loosen those purse strings lads, the Steam Summer Sale is upon us.

The old days of real deals on steam sales are long gone.

Want a deal?
Spoiler:
Check out the used game section at your local shop, or ebay ... (sorry pc fanboys, it's the one perk you'll never have ... well, that and lending a game to a friend .... and renting from Redbox)
TheChefO

Postby Teitan » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:05 pm

I’m excited for CyberPunk but it has all the makings of those games that come out every few years that look so good and are hyped up so much and just fail miserably to meet expectations.
Teitan

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:06 pm

MXGP 2019 - out in August
Zarniwoop

Postby TheChefO » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:40 am

Teitan wrote:I’m excited for CyberPunk but it has all the makings of those games that come out every few years that look so good and are hyped up so much and just fail miserably to meet expectations.

Had/has a solid team behind it that has delivered consistently prior to this though in delivering the Witcher series... Definitely has my attention as well.
TheChefO

Postby The Outsider » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:24 pm

Teitan wrote:I’m excited for CyberPunk but it has all the makings of those games that come out every few years that look so good and are hyped up so much and just fail miserably to meet expectations.

CD Projekt Red is like the only dev left I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt to. They've been working on Cyberpunk 2077 for years behind the scenes while they worked on the Witcher 3. Considering how that game more or less redefined the open world ARPG genre I'm guessing Cyberpunk will be at the very least an adequate game.
The Outsider

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:20 pm

Marvel Alliance 3....4 player local co-op. I love games I can play with my kids.
uscbucsfan

Postby Noles1724 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:12 am

Duece - I got to Diamond II in 3's.. that is all
Noles1724

Postby TheChefO » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:06 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:Marvel Alliance 3....4 player local co-op. I love games I can play with my kids.

How is it? Are there language concerns? Been looking to branch out with my kids, but don't want to expose them to ____.
TheChefO

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:42 am

TheChefO wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:Marvel Alliance 3....4 player local co-op. I love games I can play with my kids.

How is it? Are there language concerns? Been looking to branch out with my kids, but don't want to expose them to ____.

No language, no blood.

The only issue is that some levels have terrible camera angles and playing it as a hand held lags. My wife son and I play and have a lot of fun.
uscbucsfan

Postby Snake » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:47 am

Getting kinda hyped for Death Stranding but I honestly haven't completed a game like that in years.
Snake

Postby PrimeMinister » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:01 pm

Buc2 wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:Outsider @ Buc2, thank you for the breakdowns. I ordered AC: Odyssey. After that’s done I think I’ll try Dragon age. Appreciate the help!

I think you (and wifey) will be very pleased with that choice. The history from that period alone is worth playing the game. Oh...and you can play as either a male or female. Wifey might enjoy watching a female player romancing male characters for a change. :D

We had a blast with Odyssey. My 13yo nephew is staying with us for a few weeks and now he is playing through it as his first AC game & loving it.
PrimeMinister

PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy Sport/Video Games