What games are you looking forward to?

This is where you would discuss your fantasy team. Look for advice, as well as talk about your favorite video games. The Geekery so to speak.
post

Re: What games are you looking forward to?

Postby TheChefO » Thu May 09, 2019 10:58 am

Spoiler:
The Outsider wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:
Those are the rumored PS5 specs. Is that good, Outsider? I have no clue.



My PC right now is more powerful than that.


Based on the spec quoted (12.9TF AMD) this puts it close performance wise to Vega64 (12.5TF).

For the comp on your RT2070 see below:
https://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/2143?vs=2146

Certainly not bad, but I'm skeptical on this as the die size on the Vega64 chip is huge (486mm2).

PS4 die size at launch was 348mm2 (which included the CPU)
xbone die size at launch was 363mm2 (which included the CPU and sram)

Zen2 8core chiplet die size ~80mm2 @7nm
Being generous, I'd say the gpu die budget is maybe 300mm2. Shrinking Vega64 from 14nm to 7nm, I suppose it's within the realm of possibility.
Last edited by TheChefO on Thu May 09, 2019 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TheChefO
 
Posts: 1965
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:46 am
Has thanked: 220 times
Been thanked: 82 times

Re: What games are you looking forward to?

Postby Buc2 » Thu May 09, 2019 1:13 pm

Looks like this thread has turned into a gaming hardware thread instead of a game thread.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 14125
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 1274 times
Been thanked: 593 times

Re: What games are you looking forward to?

Postby TheChefO » Thu May 09, 2019 1:23 pm

Spoiler:
Buc2 wrote:Looks like this thread has turned into a gaming hardware thread instead of a game thread.


Somewhat related as the base new hardware will allow for more advanced games which prior to release of this new hardware, didn't have a large enough base to target for developers.
TheChefO
 
Posts: 1965
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:46 am
Has thanked: 220 times
Been thanked: 82 times

Re: What games are you looking forward to?

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu May 09, 2019 2:32 pm

I know nothing about the specs, so it's helped me. They are all related to the games as Chef said.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 7421
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 159 times
Been thanked: 233 times

Re: What games are you looking forward to?

Postby Nano » Thu May 09, 2019 2:53 pm

So I'm playing one of my Humble games, Monster Prom. Probably the best dating sim since that one in 2016 with all the birds. Still doesn't hold a candle to HuniePop


I'll take my leave now.
User avatar
Nano
 
Posts: 8470
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:30 pm
Location: Somewhere above Tampa
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 302 times

Re: What games are you looking forward to?

Postby TheChefO » Thu May 09, 2019 2:59 pm

Spoiler:
uscbucsfan wrote:I know nothing about the specs, so it's helped me. They are all related to the games as Chef said.


If you click the bench link up there you can see how the rumored spec performs in the real world.

It's rare to see any of them at 4k 60fps, never mind 4 times that resolution (8k).
As for 240 framerate, again, looking at the bench, even games at 1080p, not one is running at 240fps.


Realistically, 4k 60fps (with optimization (aka cheats)) is about what we can expect to look forward to in nextgen games.
TheChefO
 
Posts: 1965
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:46 am
Has thanked: 220 times
Been thanked: 82 times

Re: What games are you looking forward to?

Postby The Outsider » Thu May 09, 2019 3:16 pm

Nano wrote:So I'm playing one of my Humble games, Monster Prom. Probably the best dating sim since that one in 2016 with all the birds. Still doesn't hold a candle to HuniePop


I'll take my leave now.



Google, how do you delete someone else's post?
Image
User avatar
The Outsider
 
Posts: 5466
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:02 pm
Location: Gettin' all up in ya
Has thanked: 82 times
Been thanked: 296 times

Re: What games are you looking forward to?

Postby TheChefO » Fri May 10, 2019 10:06 am

Nano wrote:Ghost Recon: Breakpoint


By crouching in ferns or going prone in tall grass, you can enter concealment a la modern Assassin's Creed titles. You can even cover yourself in mud, should a nearby patrol emerge from the woods, or a group of drones pass overhead.

Based on my short demo, these mechanics allow for environmental interaction that Wildlands largely lacked. Ubisoft's Bolivia was more than just window dressing, sure, but there was always a barrier between how we wanted to use the world and the limited ways we were actually able to use it. Breakpoint seems to recognize that. And if all goes well, it will weaken that barrier--if only just a little.


https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ghost ... 0-6466739/



Looks interesting.
TheChefO
 
Posts: 1965
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:46 am
Has thanked: 220 times
Been thanked: 82 times

Re: What games are you looking forward to?

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue May 14, 2019 7:24 am

Spoiler:
T3 is reporting the PS5 will be $499 and with launch Novemeber 2020. The previously leaked specs were semi confirmed by lead architect Mark Cerni.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 7421
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 159 times
Been thanked: 233 times

Re: What games are you looking forward to?

Postby beardmcdoug » Tue May 14, 2019 8:25 am

The Outsider wrote:
Nano wrote:So I'm playing one of my Humble games, Monster Prom. Probably the best dating sim since that one in 2016 with all the birds. Still doesn't hold a candle to HuniePop


I'll take my leave now.



Google, how do you delete someone else's post?


LOL
User avatar
beardmcdoug
 
Posts: 4397
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:30 pm
Has thanked: 684 times
Been thanked: 473 times

Re: What games are you looking forward to?

Postby Noles1724 » Wed May 15, 2019 9:49 am

Spoiler:
curious why we are throwing anything in a spoiler in this thread
Image
Noles1724
 
Posts: 1990
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Has thanked: 99 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: What games are you looking forward to?

Postby TheChefO » Wed May 15, 2019 11:10 am

Noles1724 wrote:
Spoiler:
curious why we are throwing anything in a spoiler in this thread


Spoiler:
Some people get sensitive about posts which aren't directly related to the topic, so I created a new thread covering new hardware directly.
TheChefO
 
Posts: 1965
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:46 am
Has thanked: 220 times
Been thanked: 82 times

Re: What games are you looking forward to?

Postby Buc2 » Wed May 15, 2019 11:48 am

TheChefO wrote:
Noles1724 wrote:
Spoiler:
curious why we are throwing anything in a spoiler in this thread


Spoiler:
Some people get sensitive about posts which aren't directly related to the topic, so I created a new thread covering new hardware directly.

Didn't mean to come off as being sensitive about it. It's just that I click on this thread when I see new posts have been added thinking there will be some info on a new game only to see a long, boring hardware discussion. I couldn't care less how big and powerful your hardware is (OOCA).
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 14125
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 1274 times
Been thanked: 593 times

Re: What games are you looking forward to?

Postby Nano » Thu May 16, 2019 1:06 am

Playing Imperator: Rome. Newest game by Paradox. Not a bad game...but holy hell it's shallow compared to the other franchises. Guess you need to wait for the 50 DLC expansions for it to reach its potential. Hopefully, they announce Victoria III at E3...
User avatar
Nano
 
Posts: 8470
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:30 pm
Location: Somewhere above Tampa
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 302 times

Re: What games are you looking forward to?

Postby The Outsider » Thu May 16, 2019 9:33 am

Nano wrote:Playing Imperator: Rome. Newest game by Paradox. Not a bad game...but holy hell it's shallow compared to the other franchises. Guess you need to wait for the 50 DLC expansions for it to reach its potential. Hopefully, they announce Victoria III at E3...



I'm basically sticking with Stellaris and CK2 because I can't afford to play that many Paradox games.
Image
User avatar
The Outsider
 
Posts: 5466
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:02 pm
Location: Gettin' all up in ya
Has thanked: 82 times
Been thanked: 296 times

Re: What games are you looking forward to?

Postby PrimeMinister » Thu May 16, 2019 12:01 pm

You all are much more hardcore gamers than I. I’ve been playing Assassin’s Creed: Origins, COD4 & NBA 2K19. I’m easy when it comes to games.

Right now I’m looking for a game with a good story my wife can watch as I play. She enjoyed the stories in Assassin’s Creed & God of War (phenomenal game imo). She also likes “playing” (read: watching me and telling me what to do) games with open worlds like Spider-Man. She likes helping clear the maps (read: telling me not to forget the insignificant item blinking on the HUD). I need a game with some fighting action. All of the games mentioned here were fun for both of us.

Any suggestions?
PrimeMinister
 
Posts: 9888
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:34 am
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 290 times

Re: What games are you looking forward to?

Postby Buc2 » Thu May 16, 2019 12:17 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:You all are much more hardcore gamers than I. I’ve been playing Assassin’s Creed: Origins, COD4 & NBA 2K19. I’m easy when it comes to games.

Right now I’m looking for a game with a good story my wife can watch as I play. She enjoyed the stories in Assassin’s Creed & God of War (phenomenal game imo). She also likes “playing” (read: watching me and telling me what to do) games with open worlds like Spider-Man. She likes helping clear the maps (read: telling me not to forget the insignificant item blinking on the HUD). I need a game with some fighting action. All of the games mentioned here were fun for both of us.

Any suggestions?

You might want to check out Dragon Age: Inquisition, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Witch Hunter 3: Wild Hunt. All 3 are open world games that I enjoyed quite a bit. Oh, and of course the latest Assassins Creed game, Odyssey.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 14125
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 1274 times
Been thanked: 593 times

Re: What games are you looking forward to?

Postby PrimeMinister » Thu May 16, 2019 2:10 pm

Buc2 wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:You all are much more hardcore gamers than I. I’ve been playing Assassin’s Creed: Origins, COD4 & NBA 2K19. I’m easy when it comes to games.

Right now I’m looking for a game with a good story my wife can watch as I play. She enjoyed the stories in Assassin’s Creed & God of War (phenomenal game imo). She also likes “playing” (read: watching me and telling me what to do) games with open worlds like Spider-Man. She likes helping clear the maps (read: telling me not to forget the insignificant item blinking on the HUD). I need a game with some fighting action. All of the games mentioned here were fun for both of us.

Any suggestions?

You might want to check out Dragon Age: Inquisition, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Witch Hunter 3: Wild Hunt. All 3 are open world games that I enjoyed quite a bit. Oh, and of course the latest Assassins Creed game, Odyssey.


Thanks, Buc2. That AS: Odyssey looks good. I’ve never played the other series. Would I be able to enjoy them with playing previous games?
PrimeMinister
 
Posts: 9888
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:34 am
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 290 times

Re: What games are you looking forward to?

Postby Teitan » Thu May 16, 2019 2:25 pm

The Uncharted series is very cinematic and has lots of puzzle type scenarios you have to figure out to move forward. Would be entertaining for the wife and plenty of things for her to tell you to do.
User avatar
Teitan
 
Posts: 5544
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:07 pm
Has thanked: 279 times
Been thanked: 223 times

Re: What games are you looking forward to?

Postby Buc2 » Thu May 16, 2019 3:16 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
Buc2 wrote:You might want to check out Dragon Age: Inquisition, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Witch Hunter 3: Wild Hunt. All 3 are open world games that I enjoyed quite a bit. Oh, and of course the latest Assassins Creed game, Odyssey.


Thanks, Buc2. That AS: Odyssey looks good. I’ve never played the other series. Would I be able to enjoy them with playing previous games?

You definitely can play them without playing earlier games. The stories make mention of things from the past game stories, but not having played them have no impact on game play. AC: Odyssey may very well be the best AC game in the entire series to date. Imo, of course.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 14125
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 1274 times
Been thanked: 593 times

Re: What games are you looking forward to?

Postby Nano » Thu May 16, 2019 3:23 pm

Far Cry and Just Cause could be good series to try. Neither have the best story, but ton of action, huge maps with collectables, and good characters (Far Cry especially is known for having some of the best antagonist in gaming with Vaas and Pagen Minn)
User avatar
Nano
 
Posts: 8470
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:30 pm
Location: Somewhere above Tampa
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 302 times

Re: What games are you looking forward to?

Postby Buc2 » Sat May 18, 2019 11:24 am

Buc2 wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:You all are much more hardcore gamers than I. I’ve been playing Assassin’s Creed: Origins, COD4 & NBA 2K19. I’m easy when it comes to games.

Right now I’m looking for a game with a good story my wife can watch as I play. She enjoyed the stories in Assassin’s Creed & God of War (phenomenal game imo). She also likes “playing” (read: watching me and telling me what to do) games with open worlds like Spider-Man. She likes helping clear the maps (read: telling me not to forget the insignificant item blinking on the HUD). I need a game with some fighting action. All of the games mentioned here were fun for both of us.

Any suggestions?

You might want to check out Dragon Age: Inquisition, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Witch Hunter 3: Wild Hunt. All 3 are open world games that I enjoyed quite a bit. Oh, and of course the latest Assassins Creed game, Odyssey.

Speaking of Witcher, I just read that Netflix is planning a Witcher TV series featuring Henry Cavill as Geralt.

Image
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 14125
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 1274 times
Been thanked: 593 times

Re: What games are you looking forward to?

Postby The Outsider » Sat May 18, 2019 1:37 pm

Buc2 wrote:
Buc2 wrote:You might want to check out Dragon Age: Inquisition, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Witch Hunter 3: Wild Hunt. All 3 are open world games that I enjoyed quite a bit. Oh, and of course the latest Assassins Creed game, Odyssey.

Speaking of Witcher, I just read that Netflix is planning a Witcher TV series featuring Henry Cavill as Geralt.

Image



THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!


@PrimeMinister You can easily enjoy the Dragon Age, Elder Scrolls, and Witcher series pretty much a la carte. I would suggest looking in to playing the previous two Dragon Age games, they've both aged pretty well and they're both fun with great stories. They're also all very different games, so it doesn't get stale. I say all of this because Dragon Age imports your save file from the previous game and many of the decisions you make in those previous games will carry over to the next ones. It makes for a really cool self-crafted story. Granted, the over-all story remains mostly the same but a lot of the world around you can change based on those choices.

Dragon Age: Origins and 2 are party based dungeon crawlers with linear maps spread out over a large world map. However, they're still pretty packed with things to do. What changes the most between them is the art style. Dragon Age: Origins has a fairly realistic 3d design scheme that is held back by the engine and the tech of the time. Dragon Age 2 went with a much more stylized take on the world which I think works much better with the engine that they were working with at the time.

Edit:

Dragon Age: Origins:
Image

Dragon Age 2:
Image
Image
User avatar
The Outsider
 
Posts: 5466
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:02 pm
Location: Gettin' all up in ya
Has thanked: 82 times
Been thanked: 296 times

Re: What games are you looking forward to?

Postby Rocker » Tue May 21, 2019 8:46 pm

Maybe not the right space, but I didn’t feel like starting a new thread - trying to talk your gaming group into trying out an MMO is the gamer version of herding cats.
Image
User avatar
Rocker
 
Posts: 4691
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:23 am
Location: Upper deck of the Old Sombrero
Has thanked: 242 times
Been thanked: 262 times

Re: What games are you looking forward to?

Postby PrimeMinister » Wed May 22, 2019 12:55 am

Outsider @ Buc2, thank you for the breakdowns. I ordered AC: Odyssey. After that’s done I think I’ll try Dragon age. Appreciate the help!
PrimeMinister
 
Posts: 9888
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:34 am
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 290 times

Re: What games are you looking forward to?

Postby Buc2 » Wed May 22, 2019 8:39 am

PrimeMinister wrote:Outsider @ Buc2, thank you for the breakdowns. I ordered AC: Odyssey. After that’s done I think I’ll try Dragon age. Appreciate the help!

I think you (and wifey) will be very pleased with that choice. The history from that period alone is worth playing the game. Oh...and you can play as either a male or female. Wifey might enjoy watching a female player romancing male characters for a change. :D
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 14125
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 1274 times
Been thanked: 593 times

Re: What games are you looking forward to?

Postby The Outsider » Fri May 24, 2019 3:15 pm

Rocker wrote:Maybe not the right space, but I didn’t feel like starting a new thread - trying to talk your gaming group into trying out an MMO is the gamer version of herding cats.



Truth.
Image
User avatar
The Outsider
 
Posts: 5466
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:02 pm
Location: Gettin' all up in ya
Has thanked: 82 times
Been thanked: 296 times

Previous

post

Return to Fantasy Sport/Video Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests