Battle Royale games

This is where you would discuss your fantasy team. Look for advice, as well as talk about your favorite video games. The Geekery so to speak.
Battle Royale games

Postby Teitan » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:50 pm

So, these are the hottest new style of games these days. PUBG has taken off and has been a huge hit. Fortnite: Battle Royale has also gained a lot of attention.

I play a good amount of Fortnite as PUBG isn’t on PS4 yet. I also have been playing a lot of Rules of Survival, which is basically PUBG for your mobile device.

Anyone playing these or similar games?
Teitan

Re: Battle Royale games

Postby BucJordan » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:32 pm

Teitan wrote:So, these are the hottest new style of games these days. PUBG has taken off and has been a huge hit. Fortnite: Battle Royale has also gained a lot of attention.

I play a good amount of Fortnite as PUBG isn’t on PS4 yet. I also have been playing a lot of Rules of Survival, which is basically PUBG for your mobile device.

Anyone playing these or similar games?

Have also been playing Fortnite both on PC and more recently PS4. I'm still pretty new and pretty terrible. The downside of trying to survive is that I don't get much combat practice so most of my kills are from getting the drop on someone. Eventually I'll play a few rounds just looking for immediate fights to try and improve there. And the couple times I have made it to the single digits I've been thoroughly out-built.
BucJordan

Postby Teitan » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:31 pm

Yeah that’s my problem with fortnite.. the building. I’m not great at that. I’d rather use cover already available. Some people build some intense structures. That’s why the other games appeal to me more. Love the game style though. 100+ starting with the same advantage on a huge map.
Teitan

Postby Rosethorn » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:37 am

Even I have also been playing the Fortnight game ever since my best friends gifted me an xbox live gold 12 monate kaufen subscription prepaid card, on which one can easily opt to the games like Fortnight and many more multiplayer games etc. The game is still awesome on the PC version but on Xbox or on Playstation console it resembles the best in all other versions for playing the video games.
Rosethorn

Postby Rocker » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:58 am

I'm sure that link is 100% safe to click.
Rocker

Postby Teitan » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:18 am

It is. You get a Xbox live gold 12 monate kaufen subscription!
Teitan

Postby real bucs fan » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:49 pm

So Fortnite is free... never been much of a gamer, but I'm fully addicted.
real bucs fan

Postby Teitan » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:06 am

Yeah it’s free. That one is so hit or miss for me. It’s fun playing with a group though. I finished 3rd in solos last night. I was pissed, I had the drop in on of the guys, and then got snuck up on from behind!
Teitan

Postby Nano » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:07 pm

Looks like the BR craze has hit a new height, and Fornite/PUBG will really have to step up their games...as the big dogs have entered the fray.

Announced today that Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 will not have an SP campaign, instead opting for a BR mode. Battlefield V is also now expected to have a BR mode(currently in prototype). That with the news that Rockstar's RDR2 will dip into BR means that it's about to get crowded.

Will be interesting to see how a AAA studio will do BR.
Nano

Postby PanteraCanes » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:36 pm

Nano wrote:Looks like the BR craze has hit a new height, and Fornite/PUBG will really have to step up their games...as the big dogs have entered the fray.

Announced today that Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 will not have an SP campaign, instead opting for a BR mode. Battlefield V is also now expected to have a BR mode(currently in prototype). That with the news that Rockstar's RDR2 will dip into BR means that it's about to get crowded.

Will be interesting to see how a AAA studio will do BR.

Right now I would say those others have a lot to do to catch up to catch up to PUBG and Fortnite. Especially to try and catch up to Fortnite. What would you consider a AAA studio and why is Epic so far from it?
PanteraCanes

Postby Noles1724 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:47 pm

my only experience with BR is Fortnite. it's fun and all but it's kind of boring too. run around for x amount of time gathering materials only to be killed in a 5 sec battle. just seems like a lot of slow time mixed in with a couple seconds of action. One time I finished 3rd and literally did not engage with anyone until I was killed.. and I didn't camp at all.

my kids love the game and one of them is grounded from the xbox so he's been watching youtube of this guy that's really good. Alie-something-or-other. they build so fast and their play is all reactionary. they way they play looks fun.. I just don't have the time to put into the game to become good, which I think is necessary in order for this gametype to be fun.
Noles1724

Postby PanteraCanes » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:15 pm

Noles1724 wrote:my only experience with BR is Fortnite. it's fun and all but it's kind of boring too. run around for x amount of time gathering materials only to be killed in a 5 sec battle. just seems like a lot of slow time mixed in with a couple seconds of action. One time I finished 3rd and literally did not engage with anyone until I was killed.. and I didn't camp at all.

my kids love the game and one of them is grounded from the xbox so he's been watching youtube of this guy that's really good. Alie-something-or-other. they build so fast and their play is all reactionary. they way they play looks fun.. I just don't have the time to put into the game to become good, which I think is necessary in order for this gametype to be fun.

Yeah, it certainly takes a lot of time in the game and a lot of learning. I started in it early on so at least i kind of grew with the other people. So still at a disadvantage but not as big as if I started now.
PanteraCanes

Postby real bucs fan » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:32 am

I keep on finishing 2nd in Fortnite. I actually suck at both gun battles and building, but I'm amazing at just hiding until it's just me and that one other player and then I just get outclassed. Really want a win though.
real bucs fan

Postby Teitan » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:27 am

I’m terrible at building.

A Battlefield version of a battle Royale game could be epic.
Teitan

Postby Noles1724 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:29 pm

Teitan wrote:I’m terrible at building.

A Battlefield version of a battle Royale game could be epic.

consider yourself to be epic-fied... news is the next Battlefield (WWII theme) will have a royale mode.
Noles1724

Postby The Outsider » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:50 pm

I hate this battle royale ****. First, its too easy. Second, competitive shooters are like herion to me.
The Outsider

Postby PanteraCanes » Fri May 04, 2018 12:52 pm

real bucs fan wrote:I keep on finishing 2nd in Fortnite. I actually suck at both gun battles and building, but I'm amazing at just hiding until it's just me and that one other player and then I just get outclassed. Really want a win though.

Start doing fill until you find people better than you willing to carry you. :D
PanteraCanes

Postby real bucs fan » Sat May 05, 2018 11:11 am

PanteraCanes wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:I keep on finishing 2nd in Fortnite. I actually suck at both gun battles and building, but I'm amazing at just hiding until it's just me and that one other player and then I just get outclassed. Really want a win though.

Start doing fill until you find people better than you willing to carry you. :D

lol that wouldn't come close to my reaction if I could get a first place finish in solo mode
real bucs fan

Postby Hit55 » Mon May 07, 2018 10:40 pm

Apparently, it seems that for a limited time beginning tomorrow (May 8), Thanos will be a part of Fortnite. Games will be played normally...however, somewhere on the map will be the Infinity Gauntlet.

"Whomsoever finds and equips it will transform into Thanos himself, wielding all the power that comes with him."
Hit55

Postby PanteraCanes » Wed May 16, 2018 12:49 pm

Hit55 wrote:Apparently, it seems that for a limited time beginning tomorrow (May 8), Thanos will be a part of Fortnite. Games will be played normally...however, somewhere on the map will be the Infinity Gauntlet.

"Whomsoever finds and equips it will transform into Thanos himself, wielding all the power that comes with him."

I was able to get it once. There were 3 other people left. The current Thanos was getting ripped up by someone else and I rocketed them both twice. The 3rd person tried to out camp me in the storm.
PanteraCanes

Postby BucaRican » Thu May 17, 2018 8:09 pm

BLACK OPS 4 has just released its trailer, and a Battle Royale mode is coming
BucaRican

Postby Teitan » Thu May 17, 2018 8:23 pm

Yeah, all the big developers are going to incorporate it.
Teitan

Postby PrimeMinister » Thu May 17, 2018 9:18 pm

BucaRican wrote:BLACK OPS 4 has just released its trailer, and a Battle Royale mode is coming

Nice trailer. Looking forward to Battle Royal on COD.
PrimeMinister

Postby BucaRican » Fri May 18, 2018 9:45 am

PrimeMinister wrote:
BucaRican wrote:BLACK OPS 4 has just released its trailer, and a Battle Royale mode is coming

Nice trailer. Looking forward to Battle Royal on COD.

I really hope they finally do dedicated servers, if not its going to be the same mess as past CODs that have failed.
BucaRican

Postby The Outsider » Sun May 20, 2018 9:15 pm

The Outsider

Return to Fantasy Sport/Video Games