Revolver or Semi-Auto?

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Revolver or Semi-Auto?

Postby The Outsider » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:57 am

Well, they do love Russian money.
The Outsider

Postby Buc2 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:59 am

The Outsider wrote:Well, they do love Russian money.

So do the Clinton's but who give a ****?
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby HamBone » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:01 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
HamBone wrote:
Have you looked into why the NRA is against making those MANDATORY? If not...you should. Go to their website and read what they have to say for themselves...

I don't think we will agree on what the term "responsible" gun ownership...just as we will not agree on what "common sense" gun control would mean.

They've also opposed gun registries. Something responsible, law-abiding gun owners shouldn't have a problem with. So why now, are they talking the POTUS into taking action against 3D printed guns? It would seem counter-intuitive to their actions thus far... unless they have some other motives.

Yeah...we definitely disagree about the definition of "responsible" gun ownership and "common sense" gun control. Also, I think you misunderstood the Presidents tweet.
HamBone

Postby bucfanclw » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:07 pm

So by responsible gun ownership, you mean anyone can secretly own a gun with no training required as long as said gun was bought from a vendor that the NRA likes.

Seems like a responsible viewpoint. Carry on.
bucfanclw

Postby HamBone » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:09 pm

bucfanclw wrote:So by responsible gun ownership, you mean anyone can secretly own a gun with no training required as long as said gun was bought from a vendor that the NRA likes.

lol...stay dramatic.
HamBone

Postby PrimeMinister » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:41 pm

bucfanclw wrote:So by responsible gun ownership, you mean anyone can secretly own a gun with no training required as long as said gun was bought from a vendor that the NRA likes.

You aren’t really looking to have a discussion on this, but you seem to be enjoying your own viewpoints though.
PrimeMinister

Postby bucfanclw » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:49 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:

You aren’t really looking to have a discussion on this, but you seem to be enjoying your own viewpoints though.

Fair enough. Why dont you guys define what you feel is responsible gun ownership that the NRA exists to ensure? What role do you feel they play in this vision?
bucfanclw

Postby HamBone » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:03 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:

Fair enough. Why dont you guys define what you feel is responsible gun ownership that the NRA exists to ensure? What role do you feel they play in this vision?

PrimeMinister wrote:You aren’t really looking to have a discussion on this
HamBone

Postby bucfanclw » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:11 pm

Cool. Good talk. You've certainly made me see the light of your opinion... whatever that may be.
bucfanclw

Postby HamBone » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:18 pm

bucfanclw wrote:Cool. Good talk. You've certainly made me see the light of your opinion... whatever that may be.

HamBone

Postby bucfanclw » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:23 pm

Point taken.
bucfanclw

Postby The Outsider » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:24 pm

Buc2 wrote:
The Outsider wrote:Well, they do love Russian money.

So do the Clinton's but who give a ****?

The one thing I love about you guys is your Clinton whataboutisms. Like mother ****ing clock-work.
The Outsider

Postby The Outsider » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:25 pm

bucfanclw wrote:Point taken.

Was his point that he doesn't know how to use memes?
The Outsider

Postby bucfanclw » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:07 pm

The Outsider wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:Point taken.

No. His point was that he doesn't have an opinion that's worth communicating.
bucfanclw

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:55 pm

The NRA website is incredibly clear and straightforward on what they do to help provide and assist in responsible gun ownership, training, classes and their partnerships. They also have a YouTube channel that discusses these issues and has more tailored stuff like material geared towards women, etc

It’s just a click away
Zarniwoop

Postby The Outsider » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:43 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
The Outsider wrote:

No. His point was that he doesn't have an opinion that's worth communicating.

He also doesn't know how to use memes. That was the worst use of Bad Luck Brian since ever.
The Outsider

Postby The Outsider » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:44 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:The NRA website is incredibly clear and straightforward on what they do to help provide and assist in responsible gun ownership, training, classes and their partnerships. They also have a YouTube channel that discusses these issues and has more tailored stuff like material geared towards women, etc

It’s just a click away

They also have Aleksandr Torshin and Maria Butina to provide supplement courses if you're confused. Right, comrades?
The Outsider

Postby HamBone » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:39 am

Zarniwoop wrote:The NRA website is incredibly clear and straightforward on what they do to help provide and assist in responsible gun ownership, training, classes and their partnerships. They also have a YouTube channel that discusses these issues and has more tailored stuff like material geared towards women, etc

It’s just a click away

He would also see that the NRA helped draft a law in 1988 that made it unlawful to manufacture, import, sell, ship, deliver, possess, transfer, or receive an undetectable firearm.

But, like someone already pointed out...he wasn’t interested in an actual conversation.
HamBone

Postby Buc2 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:02 pm

Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby bucfanclw » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:10 pm

HamBone wrote:He would also see that the NRA helped draft a law in 1988 that made it unlawful to manufacture, import, sell, ship, deliver, possess, transfer, or receive an undetectable firearm.

Wow... you might want to check your history on the NRA's involvement in the crafting of that law. That's just straight up laughable that you bring that up.
bucfanclw

Postby HamBone » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:12 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
HamBone wrote:He would also see that the NRA helped draft a law in 1988 that made it unlawful to manufacture, import, sell, ship, deliver, possess, transfer, or receive an undetectable firearm.

Wow... you might want to check your history on the NRA's involvement in the crafting of that law. That's just straight up laughable that you bring that up.

You’ve already admitted to knowing little to nothing about the NRA....and now you know their history in crafting legislation? Lol...troll on troll
HamBone

Postby Ken Carson » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:59 am

bucfanclw wrote:They've also opposed gun registries. Something responsible, law-abiding gun owners shouldn't have a problem with.

What would be the point of a federal gun registry? States are currently allowed to make whatever registration laws they want, by the way.
Ken Carson

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:16 am

LOL....

Gun stores in King County will be required to post warning signs in their stores following the approval of a county Board of Health resolution on Nov. 15.

The regulation requires that all firing ranges and gun stores post signs notifying buyers and shooters that owning a gun could increase the risk of death by suicide, in domestic violence and by children accidentally gaining access to them. The legislation will be enforced within 30 days in all cities and unincorporated areas in King County, according to the Board of Health.

https://www.bellevuereporter.com/news/k ... quirement/
Zarniwoop

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:31 am

Zarniwoop wrote:LOL....

Gun stores in King County will be required to post warning signs in their stores following the approval of a county Board of Health resolution on Nov. 15.

The regulation requires that all firing ranges and gun stores post signs notifying buyers and shooters that owning a gun could increase the risk of death by suicide, in domestic violence and by children accidentally gaining access to them. The legislation will be enforced within 30 days in all cities and unincorporated areas in King County, according to the Board of Health.

https://www.bellevuereporter.com/news/k ... quirement/

Warning labels are the best deterrent!
DreadNaught

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:35 am

i'm just wondering where the signs will be that say guns have also saved women from domestic abuse and have saved people from violent attacks

(https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulhsieh/ ... 1e30175edc)

i mean its about sharing information right?
Zarniwoop

Postby beardmcdoug » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:00 am

Zarniwoop wrote:i'm just wondering where the signs will be that say guns have also saved women from domestic abuse and have saved people from violent attacks

(https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulhsieh/ ... 1e30175edc)

i mean its about sharing information right?

wow. I've never been a fan of guns, and have spent the majority of my life on the "more regulations" side of the argument, but this statistic (assuming it can be trusted - but I'll give the CDC / National Academies' Institute of Medicine and National Research Council the benefit of the doubt) is pretty shocking to me:

The numbers of defensive gun uses (DGUs) each year is controversial. But one study ordered by the CDC and conducted by The National Academies’ Institute of Medicine and National Research Council reported that, “Defensive use of guns by crime victims is a common occurrence”:

Almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million, in the context of about 300,000 violent crimes involving firearms in 2008.

Another study estimates there are 1,029,615 DGUs per year “for self-protection or for the protection of property at home, work, or elsewhere” excluding “military service, police work, or work as a security guard,” (within the range of the National Academies’ paper), yielding an estimate of 162,000 cases per year where someone “almost certainly would have been killed” if they “had not used a gun for protection.”

(In comparison, there were 11,208 homicide deaths by firearm in the US in 2012. There were a total of 33,636 deaths due to “injury by firearms,” of which the majority were suicides, 21,175.)

A 15:1 Saved-a-life to Get-Killed-By ratio is pretty damn good...
beardmcdoug

Postby PrimeMinister » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:17 am

I never would have guessed it was that high. I wonder what anti-gun people would say to that number.
PrimeMinister

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:42 am

PrimeMinister wrote:I never would have guessed it was that high. I wonder what anti-gun people would say to that number.

Attack the source would be my guess.
DreadNaught

Postby PrimeMinister » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:44 am

DreadNaught wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:I never would have guessed it was that high. I wonder what anti-gun people would say to that number.

Attack the source would be my guess.

Also something like “If there weren’t guns all over those crimes never happen in the first place”.
PrimeMinister

Postby mightyleemoon » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:57 am

A couple random thoughts...

I don't think I know a sensible person who is against gun registration or a requirement to background checks/IDs for purchase. Most reasonable kickbacks revolve around state vs fed.

Nobody should be shocked that firearms are used quite frequently in self defense. I'd guess more conservatives would be shocked by the number of people they consider to be 'liberal' who have a gun for home defense...then the number of liberals who would be shocked that guns are a good tool for self defense.

The NRA is a lobby. And, like all lobbyists, they're corrupt shitholes who simply want to make a buck off the dollars flying around legislation creation. Nothing more. The NRA elites can go **** themselves in the same room as Union elites. Both had a purpose to serve at one point in time and both have existed passed their usefulness because there's money to steal.

Just about every 'anti-gun' person with half a brain is simply for trying to find a way to limit violent/mentally unstable access to firearms. But, most right wingers seem to think those people are for the abolishment of guns. The people for complete abolishment of firearms are fringe and should rightly be ignored.

Most conversations about guns tend to eventually devolve into rhetorical nonsense because leftists and rightists argue against phantom points they think the other side is for.

Leftists say people on the right want everyone armed at all times. Rightists say people on the left want every gun to instantly disintegrate

Or something like that...
mightyleemoon

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion