Open Carry? yay or nay?

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Open Carry? yay or nay?

Postby Jason Bourne » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:55 pm

Go_Bucs! wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:Nay , I have had an concealed weapon permit for many years and see no need to broadcast it. It serves no purpose and could cause problems with some drunk moron or some mentally unstable person... And oh btw I am a liberal , Hillary fan and have been hunting in Florida since I was about 9 yrs old . hIllary and Bill used to hunt and shoot guns, she is not going to take your guns away , relax . I have many guns for hunting and the protection of my family but not one of them is an assault rifle... It's just not needed.

You know I have three ar-15s and none of them resemble the m4-a3 that I had while I was in the Military in which was clearly an assault rifle. Semi-auto civilian versions are not assault rifles the price difference is about $750 vz $15,000.

Also, your smoking crack, the Clintons do indeed want to strip you of your guns.

Also, open carry is a part of the 2nd amendment and should not be restricted ever.

Lol. ... Whacko
Jason Bourne

Postby mightyleemoon » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:43 am

Go_Bucs! wrote:Also, your smoking crack, the Clintons do indeed want to strip you of your guns.

Which Clinton submitted/sponsored policy calls for a complete gun ban/collection?
mightyleemoon

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:47 am

Go_Bucs! wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:Nay , I have had an concealed weapon permit for many years and see no need to broadcast it. It serves no purpose and could cause problems with some drunk moron or some mentally unstable person... And oh btw I am a liberal , Hillary fan and have been hunting in Florida since I was about 9 yrs old . hIllary and Bill used to hunt and shoot guns, she is not going to take your guns away , relax . I have many guns for hunting and the protection of my family but not one of them is an assault rifle... It's just not needed.

You know I have three ar-15s and none of them resemble the m4-a3 that I had while I was in the Military in which was clearly an assault rifle. Semi-auto civilian versions are not assault rifles the price difference is about $750 vz $15,000.

My AR15 is much much nicer than my miltary M4. The only thing it lacks is burst, but that could be modified. They are both assault rifles and neither cost anywhere near $15,000.
uscbucsfan

Postby HamBone » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:13 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Go_Bucs! wrote:

My AR15 is much much nicer than my miltary M4. The only thing it lacks is burst, but that could be modified. They are both assault rifles and neither cost anywhere near $15,000.

A legal AR15 cannot fire on automatic...so, it is not an assault rifle.
HamBone

Postby The Outsider » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:53 pm

HamBone wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:

It can if it was manufactured in or imported to the US before 1986.
The Outsider

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:06 pm

The Outsider wrote:
HamBone wrote:

This.

And the military went away from automatic, too. They use burst.

With or without "automatic" they are still assault rifles by the text book definition.
uscbucsfan

Postby 81mm Shake and Bake » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:24 pm

Jason Bourne wrote:
Go_Bucs! wrote:

Also, your smoking crack, the Clintons do indeed want to strip you of your guns.

Also, open carry is a part of the 2nd amendment and should not be restricted ever.

Lol. ... Whacko

Just out of curiosity, which part are you considering wacko?
81mm Shake and Bake

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:54 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
The Outsider wrote:

This.

With or without "automatic" they are still assault rifles by the text book definition.

I think the public gets afraid of the "look" of "assault rifles" more than anything. It brings to mind true military grade weapons.
PrimeMinister

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:42 pm

The Outsider wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:In Texas open carry starts Jan 1. I'm interested to see how many concealed folks will actually carry outside their clothes now. Seems like a dumb thing to do to me

I have a cwp in FL and I wouldn't open carry. Why would I want to broadcast that I'm carrying a weapon?

Same, my thoughts also... Open carry would just make me a target should some wacko start shooting the place up. One of the main reasons I have my CWP to protect myself and my family to try and ensure we are not victims of senseless violence.

I do agree w/ Mooz that if you have CWP you've demonstrated a fundamental knowledge of small arms AND commitment to being a RESPONSIBLE gun owner. I grew up shooting, and was a RSO for part of my 9 years in the Navy at my various commands. If you want to carry concealed and are willing to take the classes/certifications required than you should. I'm OK w/ stricter background checks and not suggesting it should be easy or convenient to own a gun or carry concealed.
DreadNaught

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:50 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:
This.

I think the public gets afraid of the "look" of "assault rifles" more than anything. It brings to mind true military grade weapons.

Also, it's easier/quicker to create more casualties than a pistol or hunting rifle.
uscbucsfan

Postby Jason Bourne » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:35 pm

81mm Shake and Bake wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:

Lol. ... Whacko

I would say the 3 ar-15s would be the wackiest (who needs 3 ? - must be a bad shot ) followed by the "clintons do indeed want to strip you of your guns".

It kinda has a right wing militia connotation ?
Jason Bourne

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:54 pm

Jason Bourne wrote:

I would say the 3 ar-15s would be the wackiest (who needs 3 ? - must be a bad shot ) followed by the "clintons do indeed want to strip you of your guns".

3 ARs is not any more wacky than having 3 cars or anything that you don't need. There's a lot that you can do with them that can change their use and purpose.
uscbucsfan

Postby The Outsider » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:30 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:

3 ARs is not any more wacky than having 3 cars or anything that you don't need. There's a lot that you can do with them that can change their use and purpose.

Correct. I have 3 ARs, a .223, a 7.62mm, and a .308. The .223 is a great varmint rifle, the 7.62 is just fun to shoot, and the .308 (which weighs like 30 lbs, it's basically a sniper rifle) is fantastic for killing feral hogs.
The Outsider

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:36 am

From what I've seen, if you shoot a hog, you had better kill it.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Go_Bucs! » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:13 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
The Outsider wrote:

This.

Incorrect!

They have both versions, non infantry units get issued the burst most likely, infantry and special forces types get issued fully auto

Incorrect they are not both considered assault weapons
Last edited by Go_Bucs! on Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Go_Bucs!

Postby Go_Bucs! » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:16 am

Jason Bourne wrote:
Go_Bucs! wrote:

Lol. ... Whacko

What ever, seems to me you are a closet anti 2nd amendment type, using your little insults to assault someones character rather than debate the point.
Nothing wacko about being a former service member who served in Iraq, Nothing wacko about owning 3 ar-15s.
0ne is 22 lr
one is 5.56/223
one is 308

Hiliary Rodman Clinton, Also see Bill Clinton and and pre and post bans
Do your homework son!
Last edited by Go_Bucs! on Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Go_Bucs!

Postby The Outsider » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:17 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:From what I've seen, if you shoot a hog, you had better kill it.

Headshots. Which is easy, because their heads are huge.

I learned that when you shoot them anywhere else it can take 3-4 rounds to bring them down. Toughest animals I've ever seen.
The Outsider

Postby Go_Bucs! » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:22 am

The Outsider wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:From what I've seen, if you shoot a hog, you had better kill it.

Headshots. Which is easy, because their heads are huge.

I learned that when you shoot them anywhere else it can take 3-4 rounds to bring them down. Toughest animals I've ever seen.

Correct.

Check this out> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUEwxg32s6Y

Head shot, with a pellet gun
Go_Bucs!

Postby Go_Bucs! » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:27 am

The Outsider wrote:
HamBone wrote:

Which is a federal tax stamp to own and considered a class III weapon
Go_Bucs!

Postby Go_Bucs! » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:41 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
Go_Bucs! wrote:

Just out of curiosity how is it nicer?

My m-4 in the Military was a colt, fully automatic, with a nights armament rail system, with heavy barrel, and suppressor equipped with suppressor.
US Military:
R0920 Safe-Semi-Burst
R0921 Safe-Semi-Auto
My ar-15s are ok, but id take my former military version in a heart beat.

Also they do run as high as $15,000, especially if you but a m16, a1, a2 version.
The military has a contract with colt so they get them at government contract rates around $1200, but if a civilian buys one legal from a class III dealer its gonna cost you in the thousands .
Go_Bucs!

Postby 81mm Shake and Bake » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:45 pm

Go_Bucs! wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:
This.

Incorrect!

They have both versions, non infantry units get issued the burst most likely, infantry and special forces types get issued fully auto

This Infantryman was never issued an automatic M4. Nor did any others I was ever around.
81mm Shake and Bake

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:03 pm

Go_Bucs! wrote:

Incorrect!

This Infantryman was never issued an automatic M4. Nor did any others I was ever around.

Really automatic M4s are a rarity now. Burst is more accurate and effective.
uscbucsfan

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:13 pm

Go_Bucs! wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:

My m-4 in the Military was a colt, fully automatic, with a nights armament rail system, with heavy barrel, and suppressor equipped with suppressor.
US Military:
R0920 Safe-Semi-Burst
R0921 Safe-Semi-Auto

Also they do run as high as $15,000, especially if you but a m16, a1, a2 version.
The military has a contract with colt so they get them at government contract rates around $1200, but if a civilian buys one legal from a class III dealer its gonna cost you in the thousands .

The Colt that you used is barely worth $1,200.00 stock (but that price is accurate). The bolt carrier group, trigger, buffer, and barrel(even your heavy barrel) are all considered stock/midgrade parts on those weapons. Unless you had a special waiver for your unit to upgrades those portions of the guns, outside of adding a suppressor or shorter barrel, most of the m4s are identical. The upper and lower components are pretty interchangeable and really change in cost due to the name stamped on the side. Mil-spec for the most part is mil-spec.

Obviously nicer is subjective, but you can absolutely build an AR that is more customizable to you...easier to clean, less kick, shorter or smoother trigger, quieter, more durable.

If you fired a military issued M4 and either one of mine side by side, you would immediately notice a difference in just the trigger. Geissele SSA-E and S3G.

It's stupid to say the burst or full auto raises the price to 15,000, because that's an arbitrary figure. You can't buy that gun as a civilian on burst or auto....the cost for Colt to enable those choices is minimal.
uscbucsfan

Postby Rocker » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:46 pm

Go_Bucs chose poorly when he decided to **** up an OT thread. Classic noob mistake. Hopefully he owns up to his idiocy before that's all he's known for.

Besides being homophobic, that is.
Rocker

Postby Go_Bucs! » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:13 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
Go_Bucs! wrote:

US Military:
R0920 Safe-Semi-Burst
R0921 Safe-Semi-Auto

The Colt that you used is barely worth $1,200.00 stock (but that price is accurate). The bolt carrier group, trigger, buffer, and barrel(even your heavy barrel) are all considered stock/midgrade parts on those weapons. Unless you had a special waiver for your unit to upgrades those portions of the guns, outside of adding a suppressor or shorter barrel, most of the m4s are identical. The upper and lower components are pretty interchangeable and really change in cost due to the name stamped on the side. Mil-spec for the most part is mil-spec.

Obviously nicer is subjective, but you can absolutely build an AR that is more customizable to you...easier to clean, less kick, shorter or smoother trigger, quieter, more durable.

If you fired a military issued M4 and either one of mine side by side, you would immediately notice a difference in just the trigger. Geissele SSA-E and S3G.

It's stupid to say the burst or full auto raises the price to 15,000, because that's an arbitrary figure. You can't buy that gun as a civilian on burst or auto....the cost for Colt to enable those choices is minimal.

I can see your points on spending the money to customize an ar15 to your own liking, thats understandable. Yes my unit has a special waiver to upgrade all m4s and our service pistols, we did not use the m9 berettas we had the MEUSOCS 45 CA.Alot of people are always unfamiliar with those.

How-ever you can indeed buy a fully auto ar15 as a civillian and its considered a class III weapon (http://www.collectorsfirearms.com/colt- ... 6mm-c9910/) and they can cost in the thousands, you can even see how basic the rest of the gun is in the pic, except for that little sweet part that you cannot see which makes it run full auto, once again I know that sear, bolt, etc dont cost that much to manufacture and the military does not pay that neither, but you an I will as civillians. I have even seen them as high at $25,000. so yes those few parts which make it a fully automatic do not cost $15,000, But you will pay that if you go the Class III route and tax stamp.

I do not have a Geissele trigger in mine I have a CMC Match, but id still rather have the one I had in Iraq than the semi-auto in my safe right now
Last edited by Go_Bucs! on Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Go_Bucs!

Postby Go_Bucs! » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:22 am

Rocker wrote:Go_Bucs chose poorly when he decided to **** up an OT thread. Classic noob mistake. Hopefully he owns up to his idiocy before that's all he's known for.

Besides being homophobic, that is.

No noob-ness here junior. Was running these types of guns when you were probably still in diapers. Plus ive carried them in harms way, something you probably dont know anything about.
in My personal opinion and experience , these fully auto ars available to civillians, meaning me and you will cost in the thousands. You should be more respectful before you just spout that hole under your nose.

P.s. Using the word FAGGOT is not being homophobic , so lighten up and keep the lib-tard comments to yourself
Go_Bucs!

Postby Corsair » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:46 am

Go_Bucs! wrote:P.s. Using the word FAGGOT is not being homophobic

Actually it is you backwoods troglodyte.
Corsair

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:54 am

Corsair wrote:
Go_Bucs! wrote:P.s. Using the word FAGGOT is not being homophobic

Actually it is you backwoods troglodyte.

Yeah, I don't think Go_Bucs! knows the definition of homophobia.

Just an FYI so you're not ignorant, that word is discriminatory based on sexual orientation, thus homophobic.
DreadNaught

Postby Nano » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:20 pm

You mean Faggot isn't just another term for Justin Bieber? God damn Urban Dictionary failed me again.
Nano

Postby Go_Bucs! » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:21 pm

Nano wrote:You mean Faggot isn't just another term for Justin Bieber? God damn Urban Dictionary failed me again.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Go_Bucs!

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion