This Country DESERVES Donald Trump.

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: This Country DESERVES Donald Trump.

Postby Wharf Rat » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:42 pm

deltbucs wrote:Do you think that InfoWars and Brietbart are "real" news?

Absolutely not. Infowars is garbage IMO. I don't know much about Breitbart except that people have strong feelings about them.
Wharf Rat

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:51 pm

There is no real news source. Fringe outlets lie, and we know MSM outlets have colluded to lie as well.

They are all fake news if fake news is defined as any outlet that doesn't report the truth. FoxNews, CNN, ABC, NBC, Breitbart, HuffPo, Salon, DailyKos, etc, etc, etc.... ALL FAKE NEWS.

Sadly, reporting the truth has become lost on media has the competition for 'clicks' and to 'be first' (even if it's inaccurate) have taken precedence over truthful and factual reporting.

The danger is this 'fake news' narrative is that it will lead to the consolidation of media and potential government oversight. That is bad for ALL people that believe in free choice.
DreadNaught

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:57 pm

DreadNaught wrote:There is no real news source. Fringe outlets lie, and we know MSM outlets have colluded to lie as well.

They are all fake news if fake news is defined as any outlet that doesn't report the truth. FoxNews, CNN, ABC, NBC, Breitbart, HuffPo, Salon, DailyKos, etc, etc, etc.... ALL FAKE NEWS.

Sadly, reporting the truth has become lost on media has the competition for 'clicks' and to 'be first' (even if it's inaccurate) have taken precedence over truthful and factual reporting.

The danger is this 'fake news' narrative is that it will lead to the consolidation of media and potential government oversight. That is bad for ALL people that believe in free choice.

No sir, the outlets you listed are BIASED news. They will all tell you why they think Trump is great/an ***hole based on what happens.

The FAKE NEWS is the crapola you saw on your facebook feed that used bogus headlines in an attempt to sway public opinion.

EDIT: **** like this...

Mountaineer Buc

Postby Buc2 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:57 pm

Faked news or biased news, bottom line is that the media has lost the trust of a lot of the people and it's going to be very, very difficult for them to gain that trust back. If it's even possible at this point. If nothing else, the Trump/Hillary campaigns seem to have brought to the forefront the issue of media mistrust. People here like to tell anyone that doesn't agree with them that they must be getting their news from such n' such source. In reality, it's all sources. None of us here have the resources to truly vet any story we see, regardless of the source, whether it's on the Internet or in print. Still, instead of coming together, we remain wide apart. Calling each other idiots, retards, etc. This behavior, imo, is a loss for us all, regardless of which "side" you think you're on...even if you think you're on no side. We choose instead to continue snipping at each other rather than wake up to what may be the real danger to our way of life. Not Trump. Not Hillary. But the media and the power brokers that are seemingly controlling the media.

For the most part, I think I'm done in here. I'll just let the Delt's and MLM's go back to their daily bashing parties. Hell, I'm retarded anyway, so wtf do I know from China.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby beardmcdoug » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:02 pm

Buc2 wrote:Faked news or biased news, bottom line is that the media has lost the trust of a lot of the people and it's going to be very, very difficult for them to gain that trust back. If it's even possible at this point. If nothing else, the Trump/Hillary campaigns seem to have brought to the forefront the issue of media mistrust. People here like to tell anyone that doesn't agree with them that they must be getting their news from such n' such source. In reality, it's all sources. None of us here have the resources to truly vet any story we see, regardless of the source, whether it's on the Internet or in print. Still, instead of coming together, we remain wide apart. Calling each other idiots, retards, etc. This behavior, imo, is a loss for us all, regardless of which "side" you think you're on...even if you think you're on no side. We choose instead to continue snipping at each other rather than wake up to what may be the real danger to our way of life. Not Trump. Not Hillary. But the media and the power brokers that are seemingly controlling the media.

+1
beardmcdoug

Postby bucfanclw » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:54 am

We should get these guys to debate each other at the next RNC convention.
bucfanclw

Postby deltbucs » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:27 am

bucfanclw wrote:We should get these guys to debate each other at the next RNC convention.

Our Precedent elect is a clown.
deltbucs

Postby SDBucs » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:25 pm

/u/seb_fisher

Looks like Russia finally helped the Democrats deliver on their promise of transparency.

What is sad about the Dems is that at a time when they should be introspecting, they're looking to shift blame for their own failures, ensuring that the DNC establishment doesn't actually change. This election wasn't actually a referendum on Trump, it was a referendum on what passes for the modern representatives of the liberal left in America, the Democratic party.

They're blaming the loss on everything, from sexism of Bernie supporters to Russia to fake news to everyone who voted against them being stupid. The left finally got an actual populist that talked about actual real issues like trade deals, stopping monopolies and putting term limits on Congress, and what did the DNC do? They crushed him to continue the failed policies of the liberal establishment.

They have abandoned their core principles. What passes for "liberal" today in America has almost nothing to do with classic liberalism (individual rights, freedom of thought/speech...etc). The great liberal tradition that rejects regressive dogmatic ideologies and which is compassionate to the working class stiffs that build the country is now gone. The left-wing movement in this country, at least going back the last 20 years or so, hasn't really been one of left-wing economics or individualistic free thinking, or using government to improve the lives of the working and middle classes. What's passed for left-wing politics in this country is really just identity politics: promising to give various handouts to some identifiable minority group (blacks, women, illegal immigrants, lgbt...etc).

Democrats, you have completely and utterly lost touch with the common man, whose concerns used to be at the very center of the political left.

Today that electrician stringing up wires of homes in Wisconsin, that welder putting together steel plates in Pennsylvania, that man fixing an elevator in Ohio, the many men across the country with dirt under their nails from working with their hands....these aren't your people anymore.

Instead you are now the party of the gender studies graduate with manicured nails, lecturing others about the evil racist sexist America, telling the struggling white working class that they hold white privilege and therefore hold an eternal debt to all non-white people based purely on the color of their skin.

The DNC is the the party of those who go absolutely nuts when a Christian baker doesn't want to be forced to bake a cake for a gay wedding, yet instantly jumps in to defend insanely backwards ideologies like Islam when yet another Muslim mass murders innocent homosexuals.

It is the party of collusion with media to mislead the public, of corruption and saying nice empty platitudes that have been filtered through 5 focus groups as to not offend anyone while doing the very opposite of these platitudes.

It is the party of Black Lives Matter, the oppression Olympics, of 20 different gender pronouns, virtue signalling and all the noxious ideas like "social justice" that claim that all difference in outcome must be due to some etheral discrimination, and that places the collectivist forced equality of outcome over the rights of an individual.
It is the party of the smug air of moral superiority, of ivory tower attitudes holding contempt and instantly discounting the views of regular people that don't hold a degree studying Critical Theory or the works of Juddith Butler.

And what has this disconnect lead to? The following:
Republicans have won a majority in the House of Representatives, with 238 seats.
Republicans have won the majority in the Senate.
Republicans now hold 33 Governorships, with a gain of three seats on November 8.
Republicans control a record 68 of 98 state legislative chambers.
Republicans now hold more total state legislature seats, well over 4,100 of the 7,383, than they have since 1920
A former reality TV star with no government experience whatsoever won the White House.
President Trump will have one Supreme Court vacancy to fill immediately and could potentially add at least two more justices before his first term is finished.
The GOP now controls all levels of our government, it is the most powerful it has been in over 80 years according to Real Clear Politics and Washington Post.
Come the midterms in 2018, the electorate map looks really good for the GOP and they could easily win enough seats to pass the threshold needed for them to start changing the Constitution completely unopposed.

You could have prevented this. You could have kicked out the out of touch elitists and candidates that can't connect with the average person, you could have listened to the common man instead you treated them like utter garbage, with the insufferable arrogance of guilt tripping and shaming everyone who disagrees with your identity politics nonsense.
You made this bed.
And god damn do you deserve to now sleep in it.
SDBucs

Postby Corsair » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:54 pm

Congrats on getting your (recycled) viewpoint from 4chan.

http://boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/103760546
Corsair

Postby beardmcdoug » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:23 pm

Corsair wrote:Congrats on getting your (recycled) viewpoint from 4chan.

http://boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/103760546

The comment posted by SD actually came from user /u/rationalcomment underneath a meme posted by /u/seb_fisher

Rationalcomment's post was posted 8 hours ago, or ~2:00 pm

The 4chan post you selected was posted 14:21 or 2:21pm and is clearly pruned to fit 4chan's character limit

Also, based on the surprise and genuine response to the positive feedback by /u/rationalcomment seen here,
https://m.reddit.com/user/rationalcomment/comments?activity=comments
It is safe to judge that this comment originally came from this guy, not a 4chan user, who by all hints on their activity seems to be a Bernie supporter

Why try to marginalize a well crafted opinion by trying to tie it to 4chan? Sorry dude, that's pretty weak. Took me 2 minutes and Google to figure out the truth here...
beardmcdoug

Postby Corsair » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:45 am

It's six of one, half dozen of the other. This "well crafted opinion" is borrowed and 4chan and the_donald are synonymous for me. Trash.

It's not enlightened to watch this kid get all up in arm for every user recycled viewpoint he can find.
Corsair

Postby beardmcdoug » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:09 am

Corsair wrote:It's six of one, half dozen of the other. This "well crafted opinion" is borrowed and 4chan and the_donald are synonymous for me. Trash.

It's not enlightened to watch this kid get all up in arm for every user recycled viewpoint he can find.

.... the post came from r/adviceanimals, not r/the_donald

dont let that get in the way of your narrative though
beardmcdoug

Postby Corsair » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:29 am

If you get your viewpoints from the comment section of Reddit, you aren't enlightened.

I took the time to look through u/seb_fisher's comments, since that was who SDBucs referenced as the author. Not exactly a Nobel laureate.

Maybe you can look through u/rationalcomment's history since you did more digging. I'm done though, I've given too much time already to the troll who bumped these threads to sow discontent and then disappeared.
Corsair

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:19 pm

Regardless of who came up with the 'viewpoint' or if it's 'recycled', I thought the actual content was right on. I suppose attacking the poster and not the post was the easier way out here.

I've said here before and it bears repeating since it was just pointed out. This was a 'change' election and the Dem's had a change candidate in Bernie that polled better against Trump than Hillary did. But the establishment controlled DNC w/ their Hillary puppet was having none of that and treated Bernie like an outsider. So instead of President Sanders (who others claimed had no chance just like they did w/ Trump :roll: ) we get President Trump. The hilarious (or sad) part is that Democrats did it to themselves since they run the party and vote in the primaries without any influence or participation from Republicans.
DreadNaught

Postby beardmcdoug » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:23 pm

Corsair wrote:If you get your viewpoints from the comment section of Reddit, you aren't enlightened.

I took the time to look through u/seb_fisher's comments, since that was who SDBucs referenced as the author. Not exactly a Nobel laureate.

Maybe you can look through u/rationalcomment's history since you did more digging. I'm done though, I've given too much time already to the troll who bumped these threads to sow discontent and then disappeared.

... why were you looking at u/seb_fisher's comments? I clearly established that the actual author of that copy+pasted comment by SD, was u/rationalcomment

was the sentence:
The comment posted by SD actually came from user /u/rationalcomment underneath a meme posted by /u/seb_fisher

difficult to comprehend or something? That was literally the first thing I said to you about this, right here, 5 posts up. get a hold of yourself dude lol
beardmcdoug

Postby bucfanclw » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:24 pm

So Gingrich says Trump is backing away from his "drain the swamp" slogan. He followed that up by proclaiming water to be wet and fire to be hot.
bucfanclw

Postby Corsair » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:35 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:
Corsair wrote:If you get your viewpoints from the comment section of Reddit, you aren't enlightened.

... why were you looking at u/seb_fisher's comments? I clearly established that the actual author of that copy+pasted comment by SD, was u/rationalcomment

was the sentence:

difficult to comprehend or something? That was literally the first thing I said to you about this, right here, 5 posts up. get a hold of yourself dude lol

Because I looked it up while responding to SDBucs last night. Long before you felt the need to defend the alt-right centipede. SD clearly attributed the comment to Him.

If you guys want to applaud Reddit user comments I'll start including them in discussions. I'm sure nobody will get on my case about that, right? Not like you guys do when I post real journalism, right?
Corsair

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:41 pm

I'll be damned.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby deltbucs » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:52 pm

DreadNaught wrote:Regardless of who came up with the 'viewpoint' or if it's 'recycled', I thought the actual content was right on. I suppose attacking the poster and not the post was the easier way out here.

I've said here before and it bears repeating since it was just pointed out. This was a 'change' election and the Dem's had a change candidate in Bernie that polled better against Trump than Hillary did. But the establishment controlled DNC w/ their Hillary puppet was having none of that and treated Bernie like an outsider. So instead of President Sanders (who others claimed had no chance just like they did w/ Trump :roll: ) we get President Trump. The hilarious (or sad) part is that Democrats did it to themselves since they run the party and vote in the primaries without any influence or participation from Republicans.

Make no mistake, the DNC would rather have Trump than Bernie as POTUS. With Trump, yeah he's a (R), but it's still business as usual for the most part. With Bernie, life wouldn't be the same. Bernie really would be "draining the swamp" and working to get lobbyist and corporate interest/money out of DC.
deltbucs

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:55 pm

bucfanclw wrote:So Gingrich says Trump is backing away from his "drain the swamp" slogan. He followed that up by proclaiming water to be wet and fire to be hot.

I don't imagine you watched many Trump rallies leading up to the election, but if so than you'll already know this. When Trump talked about draining the swamp he followed that up with 2 points of emphasis as to how he will do that; restricting the power/influence lobbyists have and term limits for the career politicians in Congress whose votes have been bought and paid for by big donors (which is something Sanders also ran on).

Trump has already stated numerous time post election that in his first 100 days he will pass legislation restricting lobbying from those with deep government connections making deals that serve themselves.

Term limits will be a much harder egg to crack since it requires the very people you're trying to put out to pasture to pass it. So we'll see what happens there. It certainly isn't something he (or any President) would be able to pass in his first 2 years imo.

Draining the Swamp was about getting the government to work (like actually pass/repeal laws and regulations) instead of the gridlocked cesspool of hot air and no action it's become. Bernie ran on the same idea (term limits and restricting lobbyists), but just didn't have a catchy slogan for it.

I'm not sure what 'drain the swamp' means to liberals, but this narrative that anyone Trump appoints to his administration who has political experience is him backing off his campaign platform is false. Never did he or anyone from his campaign ever state that Trump's administration would be full people not involved in politics.
DreadNaught

Postby Buc2 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:00 pm

Corsair wrote:It's six of one, half dozen of the other. This "well crafted opinion" is borrowed and 4chan and the_donald are synonymous for me. Trash.

MB demands equal time.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=734&start=1830#p167292
Last edited by Buc2 on Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:01 pm

Corsair wrote:Because I looked it up while responding to SDBucs last night. Long before you felt the need to defend the alt-right centipede. SD clearly attributed the comment to Him.

If you guys want to applaud Reddit user comments I'll start including them in discussions. I'm sure nobody will get on my case about that, right? Not like you guys do when I post real journalism, right?

I believe's SD post was quoted, which I interpreted as not his own. Did others take that differently? I didn't think for one second that was an original post/thought from SD.

lol at your posting of "real" journalism. Post whatever articles and comments you feel compelled to get your point across. But spare us with qualifiers like "real" in attempt to justify articles that support your POV. As if any article that contradicts your article would be "fake", amirite?
DreadNaught

Postby Corsair » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:05 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Corsair wrote:Because I looked it up while responding to SDBucs last night. Long before you felt the need to defend the alt-right centipede. SD clearly attributed the comment to Him.

DreadNaught wrote:
I believe's SD post was quoted, which I interpreted as not his own. Did others take that differently? I didn't think for one second that was an original post/thought from SD.

lol at your posting of "real" journalism. Post whatever articles and comments you feel compelled to get your point across. But spare us with qualifiers like "real" in attempt to justify articles that support your POV. As if any article that contradicts your article would be "fake", amirite?

Nor did I. The very first thing in his post was a Reddit username, so I assumed that was who wrote the post he quoted. Is that hard to understand?
Corsair

Postby Buc2 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:09 pm

Corsair wrote:
DreadNaught wrote: Nor did I. The very first thing in his post was a Reddit username, so I assumed that was who wrote the post he quoted. Is that hard to understand?

What is hard to understand is why you think only "real" journalists should be referenced here?
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:15 pm

deltbucs wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:Regardless of who came up with the 'viewpoint' or if it's 'recycled', I thought the actual content was right on. I suppose attacking the poster and not the post was the easier way out here.

Make no mistake, the DNC would rather have Trump than Bernie as POTUS. With Trump, yeah he's a (R), but it's still business as usual for the most part. With Bernie, life wouldn't be the same. Bernie really would be "draining the swamp" and working to get lobbyist and corporate interest/money out of DC.

If the DNC would rather have Trump than Bernie than I just don't what to say :cry: . That is bad for the future of that party if true. But I get your point and wouldn't doubt it.

I was feeling the Bern and really dug Bernie's plan to go after special interests influencing politics. Trump's approach is much more of a half measures (if that) since it doesn't go after the money itself and just those that benefit inside of DC.

Government corruption was my biggest issue when choosing a candidate to support and why I supported Bernie until he was defeated/cheated. I certainly don't believe Trump will get the corruption out of politics with anywhere near the ferocity Bernie would have. But also I was left with Hillary or Trump at that point and that issue was not going to get resolved by either. I certainly didn't vote for Trump b/c I believe he'll get money out of politics. But that also is not what Trump was saying when he was talking about draining the swamp imo. Atleast not to the level Bernie was.
DreadNaught

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:18 pm

Corsair wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

Nor did I. The very first thing in his post was a Reddit username, so I assumed that was who wrote the post he quoted. Is that hard to understand?

Gotcha, misunderstood what you meant by "him". I took it as himself = SD.

So now that we got that straight, any comments on the content of the post? Or does that not matter because of who/where it came from?
DreadNaught

Postby SDBucs » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:20 pm

Recycled Viewpoint must be todays buzzword.

Just sharing a popular post from around the internet that happened to be spot on and very well put. U/rationalcomment was the original, sue me.
SDBucs

Postby bucfanclw » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:26 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:So Gingrich says Trump is backing away from his "drain the swamp" slogan. He followed that up by proclaiming water to be wet and fire to be hot.

I don't imagine you watched many Trump rallies leading up to the election, but if so than you'll already know this. When Trump talked about draining the swamp he followed that up with 2 points of emphasis as to how he will do that; restricting the power/influence lobbyists have and term limits for the career politicians in Congress whose votes have been bought and paid for by big donors (which is something Sanders also ran on).

Trump has already stated numerous time post election that in his first 100 days he will pass legislation restricting lobbying from those with deep government connections making deals that serve themselves.

Term limits will be a much harder egg to crack since it requires the very people you're trying to put out to pasture to pass it. So we'll see what happens there. It certainly isn't something he (or any President) would be able to pass in his first 2 years imo.

Draining the Swamp was about getting the government to work (like actually pass/repeal laws and regulations) instead of the gridlocked cesspool of hot air and no action it's become. Bernie ran on the same idea (term limits and restricting lobbyists), but just didn't have a catchy slogan for it.

I'm not sure what 'drain the swamp' means to liberals, but this narrative that anyone Trump appoints to his administration who has political experience is him backing off his campaign platform is false. Never did he or anyone from his campaign ever state that Trump's administration would be full people not involved in politics.

So he puts the biggest lobbyists directly into cabinet positions and is clearly preparing his useful idiots for inevitable failure* to get term limits, and you question what liberals define as "draining the swamp"?

*failure would necessitate he actually tries to introduce that legislation, which I would be very surprised to see him do.
bucfanclw

Postby SDBucs » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:18 pm

Trump wanted Carl in his administration on day 3 of his campaign - June 18, 2015.

Trump has for long promised to fill his advisors and cabinet members with successful CEOs & Generals.

For when the post comes
SDBucs

Postby deltbucs » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:51 am

SDBucs wrote:Trump wanted Carl in his administration on day 3 of his campaign - June 18, 2015.

Trump has for long promised to fill his advisors and cabinet members with successful CEOs & Generals.

For when the post comes

Why would he appoint generals? He's been saying for like a year that he knows more about ISIS than the generals.
deltbucs

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion