This Country DESERVES Donald Trump.

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: This Country DESERVES Donald Trump.

Postby beardmcdoug » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:11 am

As someone who was (and relatively still is) going to keep an open mind about the Trump administration... there's no denying that these cabinet choices have been pretty.... disappointing, to say the least, and I don't think even the strongest Trump supporters would disagree. Still, nobody has *done* anything yet, no policy activity, no interactions on the world stage, so its still "wait and see" for me... would love to be surprised. No doubt, I'll be one to criticize the actual moves, but they haven't happened yet, so time needs to do its thing for me.
beardmcdoug

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:10 am

beardmcdoug wrote:As someone who was (and relatively still is) going to keep an open mind about the Trump administration... there's no denying that these cabinet choices have been pretty.... disappointing, to say the least, and I don't think even the strongest Trump supporters would disagree. Still, nobody has *done* anything yet, no policy activity, no interactions on the world stage, so its still "wait and see" for me... would love to be surprised. No doubt, I'll be one to criticize the actual moves, but they haven't happened yet, so time needs to do its thing for me.

I appreciate your open-mindedness and I certainly don't agree with every Trump appointment. But I'll wait for results (or lack there of) before making conclusions.

Did Democrats fully support EVERY single one of Obama's appointments? If not, why is a Trump administration different?
DreadNaught

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:44 am

I much prefer his appointments to lawyers and academics.

But as you say, only time will tell
Zarniwoop

Postby bucfanclw » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:30 pm

SDBucs wrote:Trump wanted Carl in his administration on day 3 of his campaign - June 18, 2015.

Trump has for long promised to fill his advisors and cabinet members with successful CEOs & Generals.

For when the post comes

Thankfully Icahn won't be an official federal employee so we don't have to worry about any pesky conflict of interest laws.
bucfanclw

Postby Corsair » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:02 pm

A couple of statements were made over the last 24 hours that should concern people:

Nuclear non-proliferation used to be the name of the game.

Trump wants another arms race.
Corsair

Postby Corsair » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:25 am

LMAO

Sean Spicer, Trump’s incoming White House press secretary, on Friday downplayed such concerns, however.

“[T]here’s not going to be [an arms race] because he is going to ensure that other countries get the message he is not going to sit back and allow that,” he reportedly said on NBC’s “Today.”

'Let it be an arms race': Donald Trump clarifies position on nuclear weapons

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... -arms-race
Corsair

Previous

Return to Politics and Religion