Donald Trump - STFU

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Donald Trump - STFU

Postby Corsair » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:18 pm

It's interesting to note that Trump himself reviewed drafts of the (now-retracted) FoxNews story on Seth Rich and contributed to their continued pressing of this false story.

FoxNews is apparently coordinating with this administration to lie to the public.
Corsair

Postby mightyleemoon » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:30 pm

Corsair wrote:It's interesting to note that Trump himself reviewed drafts of the (now-retracted) FoxNews story on Seth Rich and contributed to their continued pressing of this false story.

FoxNews is apparently coordinating with this administration to lie to the public.

That dude said he was joking about the President approving the story.

I don't think the "I was just joking" defense has ever worked for me. So, best of luck to them on that strategy.
mightyleemoon

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:29 pm

Corsair wrote:It's interesting to note that Trump himself reviewed drafts of the (now-retracted) FoxNews story on Seth Rich and contributed to their continued pressing of this false story.

So Rod Wheeler was totally untrustworthy and peddling lies when reporting on Seth Rich a few months ago.

But now he should be taken at his word?

Weird, I wonder what changed?
DreadNaught

Postby Corsair » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:38 pm

Are you accidentally this obtuse, or do you have to practice?
Corsair

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:55 pm

Corsair wrote:Are you accidentally this obtuse, or do you have to practice?

The resident Trump-Russia peddler calling others obtuse. :lol:
DreadNaught

Postby Corsair » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:47 pm

Quinnipiac latest polling has Trump at 33% approval rating.
Corsair

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:50 pm

Corsair wrote:Quinnipiac latest polling has Trump at 33% approval rating.

Where did Quinnipac have Trump on November 7th, 2016?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Corsair » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:13 pm

Within the margin of error.

But maybe you are right. All polls are now wrong because of Nov 7th.

I'm not proclaiming this poll to be a shining truth, but it does show a pattern that Trump's approval is at an all time low. How much lower can it go. What is his base #?

Open question:
If you consider yourself a moderate but still support Trump, is it time to realize that you actually ARE Trump's base?
Last edited by Corsair on Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corsair

Postby Buc2 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:21 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Corsair wrote:Quinnipiac latest polling has Trump at 33% approval rating.

Where did Quinnipac have Trump on November 7th, 2016?

Don't know. Gallup has it at 45% during his 1st week in office (Jan. 20-29).

http://www.gallup.com/poll/203198/presi ... trump.aspx
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:25 pm

Corsair wrote:Within the margin of error.

I'm not proclaiming this poll to be a shining truth, but it does show a pattern that Trump's approval is at an all time low. How much lower can it go. What is his base #?

Open question:
If you consider yourself a moderate but still support Trump, is it time to realize that you actually ARE Trump's base?

I KNOW you're not talking to me with this post.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby uscbucsfan » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:28 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:

Open question:

OOOOOOH ****!!!!!

HE SAID YOU'RE TRUMP'S BASE!!!!!
uscbucsfan

Postby Corsair » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:01 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:

Open question:

That's why I edited to say "Open question" as in this question is open to people who consider themselves moderate but still approve of the job Trump is doing.

Do you approve of the job Trump is doing?

I didn't think so.
Corsair

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:41 pm

Corsair wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:I KNOW you're not talking to me with this post.

That's why I edited to say "Open question" as in this question is open to people who consider themselves moderate but still approve of the job Trump is doing.

Do you approve of the job Trump is doing?

I didn't think so.

All right. Sometimes you swing a little wild so....
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Corsair » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:05 pm

Fair enough
Corsair

Postby mdb1958 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:33 pm

If ya'll start working the stock market - you could quickly become the people you despise.
mdb1958

Postby Wharf Rat » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:11 pm

Corsair wrote:Do you approve of the job Trump is doing?

I don't have any problem with much of what he's done (he hasn't done much), other than act like a buffoon and threaten states' rights with a crackdown of marijuana. I have more of a problem with what he hasn't done. I would have liked to have seen the repeal of Obamacare, and some tax reform, by now.

I'm not Trump's base either though. There wasn't a politician who ran in the last election who I would consider myself to be part of their base.
Wharf Rat

Postby Corsair » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:12 pm

Wharf Rat wrote:
Corsair wrote:Do you approve of the job Trump is doing?

I don't have any problem with much of what he's done (he hasn't done much), other than act like a buffoon and threaten states' rights with a crackdown of marijuana. I have more of a problem with what he hasn't done. I would have liked to have seen the repeal of Obamacare, and some tax reform, by now.

I'm not Trump's base either though. There wasn't a politician who ran in the last election who I would consider myself to be part of their base.

LOL, you are Trump's base.
Corsair

Postby Wharf Rat » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:14 pm

Corsair wrote:
Wharf Rat wrote:

LOL, you are Trump's base.

How so?

If I were "Trump's base", would it be a foregone conclusion that I'd vote for him next election?
Wharf Rat

Postby Corsair » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:15 pm

Yup.

And it is.
Corsair

Postby NYBF » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:15 pm

mdb1958 wrote:If ya'll start working the stock market - you could quickly become the people you despise.

Last edited by NYBF on Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NYBF

Postby Corsair » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:18 pm

Our president is now fabricating phone calls with foreign leaders to attempt to legitimize himself.

Did he think Peña Nieto wasn't going to call him on it? Or does it simply not matter to his base?

Mexican president denies calling Trump to praise border work
By Emily Tillett CBS News August 2, 2017, 7:56 AM

Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto is calling into question President Trump's most recent claims that the leader called him to praise his administration's work on the U.S.-Mexico border.

As Mr. Trump welcomed his new chief of staff John Kelly to the Cabinet table on Monday, Mr. Trump took time to applaud the work Kelly had done during his time leading the Department of Homeland Security.

"At Homeland, what he has done has been nothing short of miraculous," Mr. Trump said of Kelly.

He went on, saying, "As you know, the border was a tremendous problem and they're close to 80 percent stoppage. And even the president of Mexico called me -- they said their southern border, very few people are coming because they know they're not going to get through our border, which is the ultimate compliment."

But Peña Nieto denies that ever happened.

A statement released by the Mexican Foreign Ministry said Peña Nieto "has not recently spoken to President Donald Trump over the telephone."

The statement went on to reference the only other time the two met and conversed on the sidelines of the G-20 Summit.

"During the meeting the two heads of State held last July 7th in Hamburg, Germany, the topic of migration was a topic of conversation approached by both. President Peña Nieto shared that repatriations of Mexican nationals from the United States had fallen 31 percent between January and June 2017 in comparison to the same timeframe in 2016," the statement read.

As has been the case on several occasions over the past few months, the Mexican Foreign Ministry, provided more detailed information to the U.S. press than the White House.
Corsair

Postby Wharf Rat » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:20 pm

Corsair wrote:Yup.

And it is.

You're so arrogant that you think you know what I'm going to do before I do?

I rarely, if ever, vote for the incumbent. But who knows? Watching you bitch on a daily basis is pretty entertaining. I may do it soley for entertainment value. :D
Wharf Rat

Postby Corsair » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:23 pm

Yeah, that's my theory. You will vote for whatever pisses off liberals the most.

That's Trump.

Book it, I will be proven right.
Corsair

Postby Ken Carson » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:26 pm

Corsair wrote:Yeah, that's my theory. You will vote for whatever pisses off liberals the most.

That's Trump.

Book it, I will be proven right.

Gotta agree with Corsair on this one. Sorry Wharf, but you sound like you're trying way too hard to convince us on this one.
Ken Carson

Postby Corsair » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:51 pm

For all you who served:
Trump, frustrated by Afghan war, suggests firing US commander

The U.S. military was allowing Washington to lose the war in Afghanistan, President Trump recently complained
The president's doubts over U.S. strategy could lead to the firing of Army General John Nicholson, commander of U.S. forces in Afghanistan

President Donald Trump's doubts about the war in Afghanistan has led to a delay in completing a new U.S. strategy in South Asia, skepticism that included a suggestion that the U.S. military commander in the region be fired, U.S. officials said on Wednesday.

During a July 19 meeting in the White House Situation Room, Trump demanded that his top national security aides provide more information on what one official called "the end-state" in a country that the United States has spent 16 years fighting against the Taliban with no end in sight.

The meeting grew stormy when Trump said Defense Secretary James Mattis and Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Joseph Dunford, a Marine general, should consider firing Army General John Nicholson, commander of U.S. forces in Afghanistan, for not winning the war. "We aren't winning," he told them, according to the officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

In addition, once the meeting concluded, Trump's chief strategist, Steve Bannon, got into what one official called "a shouting match" with White House national security adviser H.R. McMaster over the direction of U.S. policy.

Some officials left the meeting "stunned" by the president's vehement complaints that the military was allowing the United States to lose the war. Mattis, McMaster and other top aides are putting together answers to Trump's questions in a way to try to get him to approve the strategy, the officials said.

Another meeting of top aides is scheduled on Thursday. Although Trump earlier this year gave Mattis the authority to deploy U.S. military forces as he sees fit, in fact the defense secretary's plans to add around 4,000 more U.S. troops to the 8,400 currently deployed in Afghanistan are being caught up in the delay surrounding the strategy, the officials said.

"It's been contingent all along informally on the strategy being approved," a senior administration official said of the troop deployment.

Trump has long been a skeptic of lingering U.S. involvement in foreign wars and has expressed little interest in deploying military forces without a specific plan on what they will do and for how long.

Officials said Trump argued that the United States should demand a share of Afghanistan's estimated $1 trillion in mineral wealth in exchange for its assistance to the Afghan government.

But other officials noted that without securing the entire country, which could take many years, there is no way to get the country's mineral riches to market, except to Iran. Trump complained that the Chinese are profiting from their mining operations, the officials said
Corsair

Postby deltbucs » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:58 pm

Corsair wrote:Our president is now fabricating phone calls with foreign leaders to attempt to legitimize himself.

Did he think Peña Nieto wasn't going to call him on it? Or does it simply not matter to his base?

Mexican president denies calling Trump to praise border work
By Emily Tillett CBS News August 2, 2017, 7:56 AM

Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto is calling into question President Trump's most recent claims that the leader called him to praise his administration's work on the U.S.-Mexico border.

As Mr. Trump welcomed his new chief of staff John Kelly to the Cabinet table on Monday, Mr. Trump took time to applaud the work Kelly had done during his time leading the Department of Homeland Security.

"At Homeland, what he has done has been nothing short of miraculous," Mr. Trump said of Kelly.

He went on, saying, "As you know, the border was a tremendous problem and they're close to 80 percent stoppage. And even the president of Mexico called me -- they said their southern border, very few people are coming because they know they're not going to get through our border, which is the ultimate compliment."

But Peña Nieto denies that ever happened.

A statement released by the Mexican Foreign Ministry said Peña Nieto "has not recently spoken to President Donald Trump over the telephone."

The statement went on to reference the only other time the two met and conversed on the sidelines of the G-20 Summit.

"During the meeting the two heads of State held last July 7th in Hamburg, Germany, the topic of migration was a topic of conversation approached by both. President Peña Nieto shared that repatriations of Mexican nationals from the United States had fallen 31 percent between January and June 2017 in comparison to the same timeframe in 2016," the statement read.

As has been the case on several occasions over the past few months, the Mexican Foreign Ministry, provided more detailed information to the U.S. press than the White House.

Well at least he lied about the Boy Scouts calling him and telling him it was the best speech they'd ever heard, too.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/boy-scouts-den ... d=48991194

Trump is so completely full of **** that makes the rest of Washington look like honest folks.
deltbucs

Postby Corsair » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:32 pm

"The Art of the Deal"

Corsair

Postby deltbucs » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:50 pm

It's funny that there were so many people gullible enough to believe that Mexico was paying for this stupid wall. They also thought that Orange Face was going to try to move jobs back to the US when his own manufacturing is all done overseas. I just don't understand how he fools so many people into believing his nonsense.
deltbucs

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:52 pm

deltbucs wrote:It's funny that there were so many people gullible enough to believe that Mexico was paying for this stupid wall. They also thought that Orange Face was going to try to move jobs back to the US when his own manufacturing is all done overseas. I just don't understand how he fools so many people into believing his nonsense.

The moving of jobs I understand. It's feasible to rework tax codes to benefit companies keeping industry in the US. It looks good on paper when jobs are increasing. The big problem with that is that we don't have the workers to fill that many jobs in many places.

The wall is ****ing ridiculous. I thought it was a metaphor at first and am still a bit dumbfounded it's something people are hanging onto.
uscbucsfan

Postby WalterGronkite » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:40 pm

Corsair wrote:"The Art of the Deal"

Strange of you to cut out just that part.

Wouldn't want to mention the fact we have a 60 billion trade defecit with Mexico, and Mexican president saying military weopans are being smuggled into Mexico from United States.

Wait, not strange at all.
WalterGronkite

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion