Donald Trump - STFU

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Donald Trump - STFU

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:27 am

I don't believe China would want to wage war with the US over North Korea. This isn't 1950 and war is fought much differently these days.

I'm not suggesting we attack NK today. Just pointing that the issues with NK have only become more pronounced over the years as they continue to increase develop their delivery systems while ignoring the pressure from the international community /UN.

I don't know what the right answer is. NK ignores the UN and any outside influence to deter their weapons programs. So are we supposed do nothing and hope they don't attack South Korea even though they threaten to do exactly that? Do we make a line in the sand known to NK or just let them continue to allow them ignore the international community providing they don't actually bomb anyone? I believe there are dangers in that line of thinking also.
DreadNaught

Postby NavyBuc » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:41 am

DreadNaught wrote:I don't believe China would want to wage war with the US over North Korea. This isn't 1950 and war is fought much differently these days.

I'm not suggesting we attack NK today. Just pointing that the issues with NK have only become more pronounced over the years as they continue to increase develop their delivery systems while ignoring the pressure from the international community /UN.

I don't know what the right answer is. NK ignores the UN and any outside influence to deter their weapons programs. So are we supposed do nothing and hope they don't attack South Korea even though they threaten to do exactly that? Do we make a line in the sand known to NK or just let them continue to allow them ignore the international community providing they don't actually bomb anyone? I believe there are dangers in that line of thinking also.

I highly doubt China would ever wage war with the US over NKO, but they might aid them secretly kinda like the Soviets aided the Vietnam in the 60s...with the difference being the Soviets aid wasn't secretive.

I know it's cliche, but the saying "Military action is the last option" definitely will hold true here. This is much more dangerous than the War on Terror and both Iraqi Wars. I think a lot of people look at those conflicts and see that we lost somewhere around a couple thousand men combined and think we're so invincible the same will take place here. That's a bad way of thinking. We lost 50,000+ lives in the Korean War in the 1950s, and it could very easily be something similar here if we engage in a war. We have a lot of military in South Korea and Japan and NKO has a lot more weapon capability than terrorists have or the Iraqis had. They can kill thousands in minutes.

I think you'll see us look at every avenue possible to avoid war and really try and negotiate hard with China to try and broker a deal where they would at least stay neutral and not intervene in any way in a possible war if it gets to that stage. Expect sanctions and freezes to be the first thing we try to do. The question is whether NKO will strike first when those things are placed on them.
NavyBuc

Postby Brazen331 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:00 pm

China has fostered this criminal regime so it could have a buffer state for many decades. They will never help us. I wish we could somehow cause this regime to collapse so China will be flooded with millions of refugees. The NK people would be better off as refugees and China richly deserves this. **** China.
Brazen331

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:17 pm

Brazen331 wrote:China has fostered this criminal regime so it could have a buffer state for many decades. They will never help us. I wish we could somehow cause this regime to collapse so China will be flooded with millions of refugees. The NK people would be better off as refugees and China richly deserves this. **** China.

Why would North Korean Refugees who speak Korean go to China where they speak Chinese when they could just go to South Korea where they speak Korean?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby beardmcdoug » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:26 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:China has fostered this criminal regime so it could have a buffer state for many decades. They will never help us. I wish we could somehow cause this regime to collapse so China will be flooded with millions of refugees. The NK people would be better off as refugees and China richly deserves this. **** China.

Why would North Korean Refugees who speak Korean go to China where they speak Chinese when they could just go to South Korea where they speak Korean?

mdb: the same reason mexicans' come to the US instead of Brazil. milksteak.
beardmcdoug

Postby Nano » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:35 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:

Because it's easier to get to South Korea from China
Nano

Postby Brazen331 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:52 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:

I think mdb is more concerned with finding the exact location where Corsair hopped the border and entered our country. I think Corsair is refusing to tell mdb whether or not he is an American but even if he assured him that he is I don't think mdb would believe him.
Brazen331

Postby Ken Carson » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:28 am

beardmcdoug wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:

Also Brazilians speak Portuguese.
Ken Carson

Postby HamBone » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:46 pm

Saw this in an article in the Washingtonian...it was about Lindsey Graham and his plan to save the Republicans health care plan. If it is true...it's pretty awesome and about time.

"Graham entertained the crowd with a story about an early-morning phone call with Trump during which the President relayed a conversation he’d had with Defense Secretary James Mattis.

“We’re asking permission to send 50 of our soldiers into a village outside Raqqa,” Mattis told Trump, according to Graham. “Why are you calling me?” Trump replied. “I don’t know where this village is at.” Mattis told him, “Well, that’s what we’ve done for the last 8 years.”

Trump, Graham said, then asked, “Who’s asking to go into that village?” Mattis told him, “A major, first in his class at West Point.”

“’Why do you think I know more about that than he does?’” Graham said Trump asked. “And then he hung up.”

Graham said Trump’s habit of deferring to Pentagon officials on military operations “is gonna win this war.” But the room’s laughter at the tale revealed a collective understanding of the value that comes when Trump doesn’t meddle."
HamBone

Postby deltbucs » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:13 pm

HamBone wrote:Saw this in an article in the Washingtonian...it was about Lindsey Graham and his plan to save the Republicans health care plan. If it is true...it's pretty awesome and about time.

"Graham entertained the crowd with a story about an early-morning phone call with Trump during which the President relayed a conversation he’d had with Defense Secretary James Mattis.

“We’re asking permission to send 50 of our soldiers into a village outside Raqqa,” Mattis told Trump, according to Graham. “Why are you calling me?” Trump replied. “I don’t know where this village is at.” Mattis told him, “Well, that’s what we’ve done for the last 8 years.”

Trump, Graham said, then asked, “Who’s asking to go into that village?” Mattis told him, “A major, first in his class at West Point.”

“’Why do you think I know more about that than he does?’” Graham said Trump asked. “And then he hung up.”

Graham said Trump’s habit of deferring to Pentagon officials on military operations “is gonna win this war.” But the room’s laughter at the tale revealed a collective understanding of the value that comes when Trump doesn’t meddle."

Sounds fake to me. Why would Trump say that? He already said that he knows more about ISIS than the generals.
deltbucs

Postby HamBone » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:12 am

deltbucs wrote:
HamBone wrote:Saw this in an article in the Washingtonian...it was about Lindsey Graham and his plan to save the Republicans health care plan. If it is true...it's pretty awesome and about time.

Sounds fake to me. Why would Trump say that? He already said that he knows more about ISIS than the generals.

Could be...but, there have already been stories about the President allowing Mad Dog to set Troop levels and the wars strategy.
HamBone

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:06 am

HamBone wrote:
deltbucs wrote:Sounds fake to me. Why would Trump say that? He already said that he knows more about ISIS than the generals.

Could be...but, there have already been stories about the President allowing Mad Dog to set Troop levels and the wars strategy.

Yeah, I think Trump deferring to Mattis is factually correct. But the "story" here reeks of PR.

Reads like a stinking chain e-mail.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby deltbucs » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:15 am

I'm seriously not trying to poke fun at anyone who voted from Trump here, but it's time for you that voted for him to hold him accountable....

6-Month Update for Trump Voters

1. He told you he’d repeal Obamacare and replace it with something “beautiful.” You bought it. But he didn’t repeal and he didn’t replace. (Just as well: His plan would have knocked 22 million off health insurance, including many of you.)

2. He told you he’d cut your taxes. You bought it. But tax “reform” is stalled. And if it ever moves, the only ones whose taxes will be cut are the wealthy.

3. He told you he’d invest $1 billion in our nation’ crumbling infrastructure. You bought it. But his infrastructure plan, which was really a giveaway to rich investors, is also stalled.

4. He said he’d clean the Washington swamp. You bought it. But he's brought into his administration more billionaires, CEOs, and Wall Street moguls than in any administration in history, to make laws that will enrich their businesses, along with former lobbyists, lawyers and consultants who are crafting new policies for the same industries they recently worked for.

5. He said he’d use his business experience to whip the White House into shape. You bought it. But he created the most chaotic, dysfunctional, back-stabbing White House in modern history, in which no one is in charge.

6. He said he’d close “special interest loopholes that have been so good for Wall Street investors but unfair to American workers." You bought it. But he picked a Wall Street financier Stephen Schwarzman to run his strategic and policy forum, who compares closing those loopholes to Hitler’s invasion of Poland.

7. He told you he’d “bring down drug prices” by making deals with drug companies. You bought it. But now the White House says that promise is “inoperative.”

8. He said that on Day One he’d label China a “currency manipulator.” You bought it. But then he met with China’s president and declared "China is not a currency manipulator."

9. He said he wouldn’t bomb Syria. You bought it. But then he bombed Syria.

10. He called Barack Obama “the vacationer-in-Chief” and accused him of playing more rounds of golf than Tiger Woods. He promised to never be the kind of president who took cushy vacations on the taxpayer’s dime, not when there was so much important work to be done. You bought it. But in his first 6 months he has spent more taxpayer money on vacations than Obama did in the first 3 years of his presidency. Not to mention all the money taxpayers are spending protecting his family, including his two sons who travel all over the world on Trump business.

11. He said he’d force companies to keep jobs in America. You believed him. But despite their promises, Carrier, Ford, GM, and the rest are shipping jobs to Mexico and China.

12. He said he’d create coal jobs. You believe him. He hasn’t. But here's what he has done: Since 1965 a federal program called the Appalachian Regional Commission has spent $23 billion helping communities in coal states fund job retraining, reclaim land, and provide desperately needed social services. A.R.C. helped cut poverty rates almost in half, double the percentage of high-school graduates, and reduce infant mortality by two-thirds. Trump’s first proposed budget eliminates A.R.C.
deltbucs

Postby beardmcdoug » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:18 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
HamBone wrote:

Yeah, I think Trump deferring to Mattis is factually correct. But the "story" here reeks of PR.

"... and then he hung up"

dropped. what a load of B.S. this isn't a movie. people don't just say a cool line then hang up on people lol
beardmcdoug

Postby Buc2 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:22 am

deltbucs wrote:I'm seriously not trying to poke fun at anyone who voted from Trump here, but it's time for you that voted for him to hold him accountable....

Just like I gave Obama 4 years, for the most part, I'll come up with a final Trump grade when I go to the polls in 2020.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby beardmcdoug » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:32 am

deltbucs wrote:I'm seriously not trying to poke fun at anyone who voted from Trump here, but it's time for you that voted for him to hold him accountable....

6-Month Update for Trump Voters

1. He told you he’d repeal Obamacare and replace it with something “beautiful.” You bought it. But he didn’t repeal and he didn’t replace. (Just as well: His plan would have knocked 22 million off health insurance, including many of you.)

2. He told you he’d cut your taxes. You bought it. But tax “reform” is stalled. And if it ever moves, the only ones whose taxes will be cut are the wealthy.

3. He told you he’d invest $1 billion in our nation’ crumbling infrastructure. You bought it. But his infrastructure plan, which was really a giveaway to rich investors, is also stalled.

4. He said he’d clean the Washington swamp. You bought it. But he's brought into his administration more billionaires, CEOs, and Wall Street moguls than in any administration in history, to make laws that will enrich their businesses, along with former lobbyists, lawyers and consultants who are crafting new policies for the same industries they recently worked for.

5. He said he’d use his business experience to whip the White House into shape. You bought it. But he created the most chaotic, dysfunctional, back-stabbing White House in modern history, in which no one is in charge.

6. He said he’d close “special interest loopholes that have been so good for Wall Street investors but unfair to American workers." You bought it. But he picked a Wall Street financier Stephen Schwarzman to run his strategic and policy forum, who compares closing those loopholes to Hitler’s invasion of Poland.

7. He told you he’d “bring down drug prices” by making deals with drug companies. You bought it. But now the White House says that promise is “inoperative.”

8. He said that on Day One he’d label China a “currency manipulator.” You bought it. But then he met with China’s president and declared "China is not a currency manipulator."

9. He said he wouldn’t bomb Syria. You bought it. But then he bombed Syria.

10. He called Barack Obama “the vacationer-in-Chief” and accused him of playing more rounds of golf than Tiger Woods. He promised to never be the kind of president who took cushy vacations on the taxpayer’s dime, not when there was so much important work to be done. You bought it. But in his first 6 months he has spent more taxpayer money on vacations than Obama did in the first 3 years of his presidency. Not to mention all the money taxpayers are spending protecting his family, including his two sons who travel all over the world on Trump business.

11. He said he’d force companies to keep jobs in America. You believed him. But despite their promises, Carrier, Ford, GM, and the rest are shipping jobs to Mexico and China.

12. He said he’d create coal jobs. You believe him. He hasn’t. But here's what he has done: Since 1965 a federal program called the Appalachian Regional Commission has spent $23 billion helping communities in coal states fund job retraining, reclaim land, and provide desperately needed social services. A.R.C. helped cut poverty rates almost in half, double the percentage of high-school graduates, and reduce infant mortality by two-thirds. Trump’s first proposed budget eliminates A.R.C.

lol never fails

oh and good post delt. shame "campaign Trump" never showed up
beardmcdoug

Postby mightyleemoon » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:55 am

beardmcdoug wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:

dropped. what a load of B.S. this isn't a movie. people don't just say a cool line then hang up on people lol

mightyleemoon

Postby deltbucs » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:01 am

beardmcdoug wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:

The only thing it was missing was how me smoothly put on his sunglasses and lit up a smoke after he hung up.
deltbucs

Postby HamBone » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:02 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
HamBone wrote:

It might be made up...but, the fact that this President is allowing the war fighters to fight the war is a huge improvement over the hoops you had to jump through to return fire under the last President.
HamBone

Postby mightyleemoon » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:26 am

HamBone wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:

It might be made up...but, the fact that this President is allowing the war fighters to fight the war is a huge improvement over the hoops you had to jump through to return fire under the last President.

Shill guy gonna shill.
mightyleemoon

Postby Corsair » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:54 am

Buc2 wrote:

Just like I gave Obama 4 years, for the most part, I'll come up with a final Trump grade when I go to the polls in 2020.

Lol.
I wonder how that one is going to turn out?
Corsair

Postby Ken Carson » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:25 pm

Corsair wrote:
Buc2 wrote:Just like I gave Obama 4 years, for the most part, I'll come up with a final Trump grade when I go to the polls in 2020.

Lol.

I was more chuckling at the 'for the most part.'
Ken Carson

Postby Buc2 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:15 pm

Ken Carson wrote:
Corsair wrote:Lol.

I was more chuckling at the 'for the most part.'

I said, "...for the most part," because I was not very pleased with the passage of the ACA at the time and was vocal about it.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Corsair » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:50 pm

Looks like Trump is stopping the support for Anti-Assad Syrian rebels.

That should please Putin.
Corsair

Postby HamBone » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:02 pm

Corsair wrote:Looks like Trump is stopping the support for Anti-Assad Syrian rebels.

That should please Putin.

I dunno about Putin...but, I think it's a good move. Not sure why we were poking our nose in there anyways.
HamBone

Postby HamBone » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:47 pm

The US needs to focus on fixing itself rather than on “nation-building” abroad, Donald Trump told the Guardian in an exclusive interview.

Sounds like what a lot of posters have posted on here...hopefully, he sticks to this.
HamBone

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:02 pm

HamBone wrote:The US needs to focus on fixing itself rather than on “nation-building” abroad, Donald Trump told the Guardian in an exclusive interview.

Sounds like what a lot of posters have posted on here...hopefully, he sticks to this.

I hope it wasn't so inclusive as to only have 2 people in the room
Zarniwoop

Postby deltbucs » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:27 pm

Corsair wrote:Looks like Trump is stopping the support for Anti-Assad Syrian rebels.

Good!

You know the one person that I think I trust on Syria? Tulsi Gabbard....A person that actually went there to witness what's going on first hand. I trust her way that I trust the media and government that's always looking to encourage or justify going to war and destabilizing the middle east.

I'm actually a pretty big fan of hers. She'll call people out on either side for their bullshit foreign policy and warmongering.
deltbucs

Postby Wharf Rat » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:49 am

deltbucs wrote:

Good!

You know the one person that I think I trust on Syria? Tulsi Gabbard....A person that actually went there to witness what's going on first hand. I trust her way that I trust the media and government that's always looking to encourage or justify going to war and destabilizing the middle east.

I'm actually a pretty big fan of hers. She'll call people out on either side for their bullshit foreign policy and warmongering.

You just think she's hot...

Just kidding :D
Wharf Rat

Postby deltbucs » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:25 pm

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/busines ... bs-n784536
Carrier Cuts 300 At Factory Where Trump Boasted Of Saving Jobs

338 employees at the Carrier Corporation fan coil manufacturing facility in Indianapolis will be let go tomorrow under the previously announced plan, the company said in a statement Wednesday.

Their positions will still be shifted to Mexico, where workers are paid in a day what the Rust Belt employees make in an hour.

Don the Con....
deltbucs

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion