Donald Trump - STFU

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Donald Trump - STFU

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:17 pm

Corsair wrote:LOL.

You guys still getting conned by the Don?

Who else fell for it?

Madcow, MSNBC
DreadNaught

Postby Corsair » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:20 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Corsair wrote:LOL.

You guys still getting conned by the Don?

Who else fell for it?

Madcow, MSNBC

Man, you are just running away with the hook in your mouth.
Corsair

Postby RedLeader » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:43 pm

Lol.
RedLeader

Postby Buc2 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:04 am

Corsair wrote:Image

:lol: :lol:
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:10 am

Corsair wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:
Madcow, MSNBC

So the spectacle on MSNBC last night was bad for Trump and good for Dems?
DreadNaught

Postby PrimeMinister » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:03 am

DreadNaught wrote:
Corsair wrote:

Nope. Crap for all of us.
PrimeMinister

Postby acaton » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:35 am

My guess is Scarborough will make Rachel give him back his hair.

Short, fat and slow often does the trick...45ACP
acaton

Postby Corsair » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:25 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Corsair wrote:

No, I think it was a pretty obvious distraction.
Corsair

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:36 pm

Corsair wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

If that was the case, why would Maddow and MSNBC allow themselves to be used as a tool for the Trump administration? Are they that incompetent?
DreadNaught

Postby uscbucsfan » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:47 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Corsair wrote:

If that was the case, why would Maddow and MSNBC allow themselves to be used as a tool for the Trump administration? Are they that incompetent?

I think it's logical that Trump released this in some facet.

MSNBC received a ton of press, clicks, views from that. Of course they would run with it.
uscbucsfan

Postby Buc2 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:57 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

MSNBC received a ton of press, clicks, views from that. Of course they would run with it.

The only bad publicity is no publicity, eh?
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Corsair » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:59 pm

And they took those views and clicks and kept their eye on the ball (Russia).

They knew they were walking a tight rope. I think they parsed it pretty well. They spent the next two hours discussing the importance of seeing the full returns from 2006-2016, what that might reveal, and encouraging those who might provide those documents.

Trump got two pages into the public, MSNBC got two hours with a huge viewership to hear their viewpoint. It was a trade off.
Corsair

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:00 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

I can buy that the source came from Trump's team if the logic being used is the documents don't hurt him.

My question is why does Trump-hating MSNBC use what is by far there largest platform (Rachel Maddow) to make such a spectacle of something that only hurts there own credibility? Especially in era where they are battling the fake news narrative?

I mean they had alerts go out, a countdown, twitter was unreadable for about an hour, etc. All that hysteria for some clicks and to spike viewership for one night? Just to deliver an egg and be the butt of a joke. Why would a respected talking head like Maddow allow herself to embarrassed? Anti-Trumpers got all excited and whipped into a frenzy last night, then an hour later the narrative switched to "It's a distraction".

That is the part that does not add up to me.
DreadNaught

Postby uscbucsfan » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:08 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:

I can buy that the source came from Trump's team if the logic being used is the documents don't hurt him.

My question is why does Trump-hating MSNBC use what is by far there largest platform (Rachel Maddow) to make such a spectacle of something that only hurts there own credibility? Especially in era where they are battling the fake news narrative?

I mean they had alerts go out, a countdown, twitter was unreadable for about an hour, etc. All that hysteria for some clicks and to spike viewership for one night? Just to deliver an egg and be the butt of a joke. Why would a respected talking head like Maddow allow herself to embarrassed? Anti-Trumpers got all excited and whipped into a frenzy last night, then an hour later the narrative switched to "It's a distraction".

Because you believe them to be defending themselves as a news organization. If CNN had received the document, they would have presented it in the same way. They maximized exposure, their internet traffic went through the rough, their TV ratings spiked, and everyone (even ESPN) is talking about them today. It was a HUGE win for them.

They don't care about Trump's tirade on fake news. They did have a tax return, so much like the Trump dossier, it wasn't a lie, just misleading. It's a tool that all of these "news" networks use, including Fox, to generate interest in their slant/opinions.

And many of the most ardent anti-Trump people in my social network are seeing it as a huge win as "Trump didn't pay enough in taxes, told you", because they will skew everything.

Why is Mayweather going to fight McGregor? Why does Kim Kardashian exist?

To make money.

MSNBC capitalized last night and really the people who are citical about them are not their normal audience.
Last edited by uscbucsfan on Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uscbucsfan

Postby uscbucsfan » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:11 pm

Corsair wrote:And they took those views and clicks and kept their eye on the ball (Russia).

They knew they were walking a tight rope. I think they parsed it pretty well. They spent the next two hours discussing the importance of seeing the full returns from 2006-2016, what that might reveal, and encouraging those who might provide those documents.

Trump got two pages into the public, MSNBC got two hours with a huge viewership to hear their viewpoint. It was a trade off.

I would argue that they would want to turn eyes away from the health care bill disaster, but I mean there's a ton of **** I'm sure they want people to look past.
uscbucsfan

Postby Corsair » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:19 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Corsair wrote:And they took those views and clicks and kept their eye on the ball (Russia).

I would argue that they would want to turn eyes away from the health care bill disaster, but I mean there's a ton of **** I'm sure they want people to look past.

Also, Donnie accused Obama of a felony that the House and Senate Intel committees just said was false.

Also, Comey coming to the Hill to talk to intel committees re: Russia.

And yeah, the failing AHCA bill and the burying of Ryan.
Corsair

Postby Babeinbucland » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:29 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

Because you believe them to be defending themselves as a news organization. If CNN had received the document, they would have presented it in the same way. They maximized exposure, their internet traffic went through the rough, their TV ratings spiked, and everyone (even ESPN) is talking about them today. It was a HUGE win for them.

They don't care about Trump's tirade on fake news. They did have a tax return, so much like the Trump dossier, it wasn't a lie, just misleading. It's a tool that all of these "news" networks use, including Fox, to generate interest in their slant/opinions.

And many of the most ardent anti-Trump people in my social network are seeing it as a huge win as "Trump didn't pay enough in taxes, told you", because they will skew everything.

Why is Mayweather going to fight McGregor? Why does Kim Kardashian exist?

To make money.

MSNBC capitalized last night and really the people who are citical about them are not their normal audience.

Both posts above and Cosairs post all have great points.

For those who think Rachel failed last night on the Tax Returns I give you the below post shared from someone else. For those of you who need me to write my own copy please pretend I wrote the below :D It is a perspective though I had not considered and very well could be true. Also if you happen to have worked for a bank where 45 applied for a loan go look through your old files for his tax returns!!!!!

From a friend and former Republican who changed parties when he could no longer reconcile his humanity with the GOP party line.
"HERE'S WHY RACHEL MADDOW HIT A HOME RUN TONIGHT.
For those who believe that Rachel Maddow's report this evening was a bust, I have to say that I couldn't disagree more. Consider this: her objective was not to break news, but to *shape* the news. Here's how she did do that...
1) She made the White House bark and roll over like a dog, forcing them to release the same tax return paperwork she had in advance of her show hoping to take the wind out of her sails. It did not. Instead, she made them do something they were never going to do until she made them do it. This made it a news story worthy of coverage by The Washington Post and others. In short, she has put the subject of Trump's tax returns back on the front burner. For the moment anyway, she is driving the news cycle.
2) She used what will probably be reported as her best ratings night in the history of her show to recap all the great reporting her team has done over the last week and a half about all of Trump's corrupt business dealings and connections to Russia and crooked banks. By doing so she has educated the public about the importance of making Trump's tax returns public and re-ignited the public's desire to see it. Don't think this won't have an impact on future polls when people are asked if they want to see Trump's taxes.
3) When the White House lied and said obtaining and publishing such documentation was illegal, she pointed out how such a lie underscores the probability that Trump has something to hide. She also correctly stated that the first amendment makes it is perfectly legal for her to publish such documents and legal for a journalist to obtain such documents provided s/he does not solicit that material. (See the Pentagon Papers case.)
4) She then, while talking with her guests, made it a point to underscore the fact that Trump would have had to release part or all of his tax returns to various financial institutions in order to apply for loans and such. By doing so, she was informing the public that aside from the IRS, there are others who have copies of Trump's taxes. And thus, she just sent an army of people who might have been connected with those institutions to go looking through their back files to see if they might actually be able to find some of that tax info and share it with the media.
5) She purposely asked questions of her guests that were designed to inform those who might have access to Trump's tax returns exactly what kind of additional tax documents the media would need in order to connect Trump to some of the allegations she has brought up in her reporting. She did this without literally soliciting the information, but by generally educating the public. Needless to say, a lot of journalists including Rachel will be keeping a close eye on their mailboxes in the coming days.
In the end, by cable news standards, The Rachel Maddow Show is a shoe-string operation. She does not have an unlimited budget and a large team. In fact, a close examination of her reports will show that she is, in large part, aggregating the work of other journalists who may not have the reach that her show has. Her recent ratings success can be attributed to her focus and her tenacity. Her strategy is simple. Stop letting Trump drive the conversation and focus on uncovering his corruption.
I tip my hat to Rachel tonight. She took what some people would have considered nothing and made something valuable out of it -- a stick in the eye to Donald Trump. Let's see if it bears fruit."
Babeinbucland

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:19 pm

That some interesting spin...

I don't see how the narrative today is anything close to what MSNBC intended. All MSNBC/Maddow did was help Trump dispel a false narrative the DNC had been pushing for months about Trump not paying his taxes while misleading their additional viewers with more Trump-Russia talk.

By 10pm eastern the narrative from liberals quickly shifted back to "don't worry about taxes - focus on Russia" when an hour earlier liberaland had been whipped into a frenzy over taxes. That is a dangerous shell game that comes off as desperation.

The hard left (just like the hard right) are going to believe whatever they want. But if the goal is convince folks in the middle I don't see how last night helped the left since more people today believe Trump pays his taxes than at this time yesterday. If this was in fact a trade off as Corsair mentioned than Trump was able to help eliminate a false narrative while all the left was able to do is continue the current Red scare narrative

The Trump-Russia collusion narrative will take care of itself. Eventually some investigative body will have to provide evidence or a determination to validate the claims from the left. The Dems/MSM can only play smoke and mirrors for so long until you lose peoples interest and are just speaking into your echo chamber of Trump haters.
DreadNaught

Postby mightyleemoon » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:12 am

DreadNaught wrote:The hard left (just like the hard right) are going to believe whatever they want. But if the goal is convince folks in the middle

Their goal was not to convince anyone in the middle of anything. Their goal, as always, is to get as many people as possible to look at what they broadcast. That's it. The people in the middle are well aware of this and were mostly unconcerned with last night's Left vs Right thing you you and your team were so busy playing.
mightyleemoon

Postby HamBone » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:26 am

lol
HamBone

Postby HamBone » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:36 am

Colbert making fun of Maddow for the Trump tax returns...

'The Late Show' host teased the punchline to an exclusive joke about President Donald Trump for nearly three minutes while dressed as the MSNBC host.

Stephen Colbert poked fun at MSNBC's Rachel Maddow on Wednesday's Late Show, following Maddow's show on Tuesday night when she revealed two of President Donald Trump's tax forms.

"I hold in my hand something very significant," Colbert said, dressed in Maddow's signature blazer in front of a graphic that resembled the backdrop used on The Rachel Maddow Show. "It is a joke, a joke that we have confirmed has been heard by Donald Trump. We believe this is the first time any joke dealing with Donald Trump has been released."

Colbert rambled on, poking fun at Maddow's nearly 20-minute-long preamble intro on Tuesday's program before revealing the tax information, an act that made Maddow the subject of much Twitter mockery.

"Why did the chicken ...," Colbert teased before adding, "but first a word on chickens" and segueing into a lengthy informational rant on the fowls and pulled out a live chicken in a necktie.

"Why did the chicken cross the road?" Colbert finally continued. "OK, what are roads?" he added, launching into another series of non-sequiturs.

When it finally seemed as though Colbert would deliver the punchline, he tossed to commercial.

Maddow had invited investigative journalist David Cay Johnston onto her show to reveal two less-than-revelatory leaked pages from Trump's 2005 1040 form. The Pulitzer prize-winning reporter said the information was delivered to him anonymously, and unsolicited, in the mail.

Based on the documents, Trump paid $36.5 million in taxes on $153 million in income, for an effective tax rate of around 24 percent. That percentage is higher than what the average American pays each year, but below the 27.4 percent that taxpayers earning $1 million a year pay on average, according to data from the Congressional Joint Committee on Taxation.

The White House pushed back pre-emptively ahead of the on-air reveal, saying that publishing the returns would be illegal. Trump later doubled-down on the "illegal" accusation when he called Maddow's reporting on the leak "a disgrace."

"I have no idea where they got it, but it’s illegal and they’re not supposed to have it, and it's not supposed to be leaked," Trump told Fox News' Tucker Carlson. "It’s certainly not an embarrassing tax return at all, but it’s an illegal thing. They’ve been doing it, they’ve done it before and I think it’s a disgrace."

Trump's tax returns have become a highly sought after get ever since he broke a decades-long tradition by refusing to release them during his presidential campaign. During her segment, Maddow argued that MSNBC was exercising its First Amendment right to publish the information.

Maddow visited The Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon on Wednesday night, where she explained that they had a back-up show prepared if the documents weren't authenticated and why it was so important to go with the report once they were ultimately verified by the White House.

"I think people are really concerned to see what's in those tax returns," she said. "And so, when we found out that we had one, it was like speaking to a group of people dying of thirst in the desert and we're like, 'Behold, we have found a drop.'"

She then addressed Trump's initial tweet calling the report "fake news" — which came after the White House did indeed authenticate the information.

"If you want your White House to authenticate this document, and say, 'That is a real document,' that's one thing. If you also want to say, 'That is fake!' that's one thing," she said. "But you then can't be the same person. You can't be the White House and the President saying: Authentic! Fake! Authentic! Fake! The White House and the president are different people? They speak in different language on this?"

Adding, "I'm happy to deal with either one of these assertions, that it's authentic or that it's fake — but pick one."
HamBone

Postby Corsair » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:30 pm

For those of you paying attention:

Donnie accused a former president of a felony with no evidence despite having the worlds best intelligence structure at his disposal. Instead he gets his "intelligence" from Mark Levin and Breitbart. Now he is trying to back it up with the explanation that when he said "I just found out Obama was having my wires tapped" he meant "I read an article on Jan 20th from the NYT that used the term 'wiretapping'". This is serious stuff.

It's scary to know that Mark Levin or Breitbart editors could plunge this world into a catastrophe because this president is incapable of fact checking.
Corsair

Postby deltbucs » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:37 pm

Corsair wrote:For those of you paying attention:

Donnie accused a former president of a felony with no evidence despite having the worlds best intelligence structure at his disposal.

You mean his brain? He has the best brain. Everyone is saying it.
deltbucs

Postby bucfanclw » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:41 pm

deltbucs wrote:
Corsair wrote:For those of you paying attention:

Donnie accused a former president of a felony with no evidence despite having the worlds best intelligence structure at his disposal.

You mean his brain? He has the best brain. Everyone is saying it.

Only the best brain could devise a way to put oil into the ground so companies would invest in America - Buc2
bucfanclw

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:42 pm

HamBone wrote:Colbert making fun of Maddow for the Trump tax returns...

He should have worn the glasses also...

DreadNaught

Postby deltbucs » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:12 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
deltbucs wrote:You mean his brain? He has the best brain. Everyone is saying it.

Only the best brain could devise a way to put oil into the ground so companies would invest in America - Buc2

That was pretty damn funny. Buc2 literally gave credit to Trump for magically putting oil in the ground even though it was discovered during the Obama administration. It's crazy how biased people can be when it comes to loving Trump and partisan politics.
deltbucs

Postby Rocker » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:41 pm

deltbucs wrote: It's crazy how biased people can be when it comes to loving partisan politics.

FIFY.
Rocker

Postby Buc2 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:23 am

I guess I have to address this since you mooks keep playing MSM games with my post. I never said, "Trump put oil into the ground," and if that was what you think I was trying to say or imply, then you're wrong. As usual. I was simply stating that more investment in America (which is something Trump likes to say) is paying off. I guess I should have put this in the Random Politics thread? Oh well. I didn't, so it is what it is. You may now continue with your bullying. :lol:
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby bucfanclw » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:27 am

Buc2 wrote:I guess I have to address this since you mooks keep playing MSM games with my post. I never said, "Trump put oil into the ground," and if that was what you think I was trying to say or imply, then you're wrong. As usual. I was simply stating that more investment in America (which is something Trump likes to say) is paying off. I guess I should have put this in the Random Politics thread? Oh well. I didn't, so it is what it is. You may now continue with your bullying. :lol:

That still doesn't explain how an article about a company finding more oil in the ground this past winter has anything to do with Trump's "investment in America".

Please explain.
bucfanclw

Postby Buc2 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:42 am

bucfanclw wrote:
Buc2 wrote:I guess I have to address this since you mooks keep playing MSM games with my post. I never said, "Trump put oil into the ground," and if that was what you think I was trying to say or imply, then you're wrong. As usual. I was simply stating that more investment in America (which is something Trump likes to say) is paying off. I guess I should have put this in the Random Politics thread? Oh well. I didn't, so it is what it is. You may now continue with your bullying. :lol:

That still doesn't explain how an article about a company finding more oil in the ground this past winter has anything to do with Trump's "investment in America".

Please explain.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion