Bernie Sanders

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Bernie Sanders

Postby beardmcdoug » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:19 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Pretty much this...

Super Kudos to the Redditor who wrote that.

lmfao - don't show that to Corsair or he'll tell you that is an "unenlightened" posted stolen from a person from 4chan

this is literally the same thing SD copy+pasted into the "This country DESERVES Trump" thread

I agree, it is an excellent post
beardmcdoug

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:40 pm

Is it? I typically ignore anything that peckerhead pastes.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:02 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Is it? I typically ignore anything that peckerhead pastes.

You know what they say about great minds.. :P :P
DreadNaught

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:09 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Is it? I typically ignore anything that peckerhead pastes.

You know what they say about great minds.. :P :P

Mountaineer Buc

Postby HamBone » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:38 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:

lmfao - don't show that to Corsair or he'll tell you that is an "unenlightened" posted stolen from a person from 4chan

this is literally the same thing SD copy+pasted into the "This country DESERVES Trump" thread

I agree, it is an excellent post

Corsair is just upset that someone beat him to the copy and paste job...
HamBone

Postby mightyleemoon » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:07 pm

Meh. That's all well and good. Except, the Republican Party is a bunch of out of touch elitists that can't connect with the average person. They treat the common man like utter garbage with insufferable arrogance and shame anyone who doesn't agree with their holier than thou political nonsense. The problem for Democrats is that they split their votes between an elitist POS and someone who connected with the common man. And, when the elitist POS beat out the common man, those that backed the common man splintered the Dem vote. Meanwhile, Republicans went all in on the elitist POS. If Dems had gone all in on their POS option, this goes the other way.
mightyleemoon

Postby Buc2 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:14 pm

mightyleemoon wrote:

Meh. That's all well and good. Except, the Republican Party is a bunch of out of touch elitists that can't connect with the average person. They treat the common man like utter garbage with insufferable arrogance and shame anyone who doesn't agree with their holier than thou political nonsense. The problem for Democrats is that they split their votes between an elitist POS and someone who connected with the common man. And, when the elitist POS beat out the common man, those that backed the common man splintered the Dem vote. Meanwhile, Republicans went all in on the elitist POS. If Dems had gone all in on their POS option, this goes the other way.

Baaaahahaha! MLM...the SDBucs of the left.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby mightyleemoon » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:25 pm

Buc2 wrote:
mightyleemoon wrote:

Color me shocked that you are incapable of seeing the world as more than left and right.
mightyleemoon

Postby Buc2 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:26 pm

mightyleemoon wrote:
Buc2 wrote:

Color me shocked that you are incapable of seeing the world as more than left and right.

That's what I got out of your post. :lol:
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:56 pm

mightyleemoon wrote:Meh. That's all well and good. Except, the Republican Party is a bunch of out of touch elitists that can't connect with the average person. They treat the common man like utter garbage with insufferable arrogance and shame anyone who doesn't agree with their holier than thou political nonsense. The problem for Democrats is that they split their votes between an elitist POS and someone who connected with the common man. And, when the elitist POS beat out the common man, those that backed the common man splintered the Dem vote. Meanwhile, Republicans went all in on the elitist POS. If Dems had gone all in on their POS option, this goes the other way.

mightyleemoon wrote:Color me shocked that you are incapable of seeing the world as more than left and right.

Ha!
DreadNaught

Postby RedLeader » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:55 pm

Now that's funny...
RedLeader

Postby mightyleemoon » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:02 am

It's funny that I'm talking about the problems with your team and their team...how both of you are always leaning towards the elitist POS'...and you guys are talking about me. The world needs less of you Right-and-Left-sists and more people who are fed up with your system.
mightyleemoon

Postby beardmcdoug » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:40 am

mightyleemoon wrote:It's funny that I'm talking about the problems with your team and their team...how both of you are always leaning towards the elitist POS'...and you guys are talking about me. The world needs less of you Right-and-Left-sists and more people who are fed up with your system.

Lol cmon dude
beardmcdoug

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:09 am

Bernie endorsing Keith Ellison for DNC chair.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby beardmcdoug » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:18 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Bernie endorsing Keith Ellison for DNC chair.

bahaha his major stain is that he's a muslim who called out the zionist jews
beardmcdoug

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:03 am

beardmcdoug wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Bernie endorsing Keith Ellison for DNC chair.

bahaha his major stain is that he's a muslim who called out the zionist jews

That's why I was wishy-washy on it yesterday. Found clips of Hannity ripping him for hanging out with Farahkhan back in the 90's. And then I found this...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/12/07/keith-ellison-isnt-an-anti-semite-hes-the-victim-of-a-vicious-smear/?utm_term=.e72b8804e79a

which led me to this..

http://www.jta.org/2016/11/22/news-opinion/politics/keith-ellisons-ascent-signals-the-democrats-willingness-to-redefine-pro-israel

Which contained this...
Jonathan Greenblatt, Foxman’s successor at the ADL, in a statement sought to straddle the warmth Ellison has engendered at home in Minneapolis with concerns about his record.

“We spoke with leadership in the Jewish community in Minnesota who confirmed what ADL and other national organizations have seen: that Keith Ellison is a man of good character,” he said in an email to JTA. “We have seen him through his work in Congress as an important ally in the fight against anti-Semitism and for civil rights.

“He has been on the record in support of Israel and supports a two-state solution,” Greenblatt said. “However, the congressman also has made statements and taken positions, especially regarding the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and on the [Iran nuclear deal], on which we strongly differ and that concern us.”

Steve Rabinowitz, a strategist for the Hillary Clinton campaign who successfully pushed back the effort by Ellison, West and James Zogby, the president of the Arab American Institute, to change the platform language, said Ellison, even though he lost the battle, was key to getting the broader platform committee to accept other language friendly to Israel.

Schumer, in endorsing Ellison, credited “Ellison with making that happen and getting others to support it,” Rabinowitz noted.

Rabbi Marc Schneier, whose group, the Foundation for Ethnic Understanding, has worked with Ellison to advance Muslim-Jewish understanding, said Ellison’s differences with mainstream pro-Israel groups should not blind the groups to the value he brings as a youthful African-American Muslim who speaks out for engagement with Israel.

“He is a Muslim, and the fact he has sympathy for the Palestinian cause — that would be a normal reaction on any American Muslim,” he said. “But this is also an American Muslim leader committed to a two-state solution.”

So, in a span of two weeks, the Anti Defamation League has gone from Ellison being a man of good character to deeply disturbing.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:27 pm

...Still Berning
Mountaineer Buc

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:21 pm

DNC fucked Bernie. He would've beat Trump b/c Bernie would've carried the same blue states Hillary did and would've held the rust belt imo.

I still like Bernie and feel bad how it played out for him. I know he's viewed as further left on the traditional spectrum of left-right politics, but I'll take a Democrat that puts Americans first over any establishment/globalist from either party. Hell, Dems used to be known as the party middle-America when I was growing up. For whatever reason they've moved away from that at their own peril.

Imho the Democratic Party needs to build through Bernie as they plan for 2020 and promote energetic young Congressmen/women that he endorses instead of the establishment elites like Clinton and Schumer that have sold out their base for their globalist donors.
DreadNaught

Postby deltbucs » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:03 pm

DreadNaught wrote:DNC fucked Bernie. He would've beat Trump b/c Bernie would've carried the same blue states Hillary did and would've held the rust belt imo.

I still like Bernie and feel bad how it played out for him. I know he's viewed as further left on the traditional spectrum of left-right politics, but I'll take a Democrat that puts Americans first over any establishment/globalist from either party. Hell, Dems used to be known as the party middle-America when I was growing up. For whatever reason they've moved away from that at their own peril.

Imho the Democratic Party needs to build through Bernie as they plan for 2020 and promote energetic young Congressmen/women that he endorses instead of the establishment elites like Clinton and Schumer that have sold out their base for their globalist donors.

I'm of the opinion that the DNC is more happy to see Trump in office than Bernie. They don't want that corruption and money flow threatened.
deltbucs

Postby beardmcdoug » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:32 pm

deltbucs wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:DNC fucked Bernie. He would've beat Trump b/c Bernie would've carried the same blue states Hillary did and would've held the rust belt imo.

I'm of the opinion that the DNC is more happy to see Trump in office than Bernie. They don't want that corruption and money flow threatened.

If that's the truth, then I hope they lose again

Agreed, DN. I guess I'll let the cat out of the bag, I still voted for the motherfucker in the general. god bless that man, it's a shame he's not in his 50's
beardmcdoug

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:19 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:
deltbucs wrote:I'm of the opinion that the DNC is more happy to see Trump in office than Bernie. They don't want that corruption and money flow threatened.

Agreed, DN. I guess I'll let the cat out of the bag, I still voted for the motherfucker in the general. god bless that man, it's a shame he's not in his 50's

I think/hope the structure of the DNC will be dramatically different come the 2020 election cycle to the point it is not colluding with their favorite and let their voters decide instead of forcing a candidate like they did w/ Hillary.

I don't think you posted here much back in the early stages of this thread BMD, but this was best thread in this sub-forum leading up the primaries.

Looking back we all should've known Hillary was going be in trouble considering she never even got her own thread on a board with so many differing views.
DreadNaught

Postby Nano » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:27 pm

The party has to change...they don't have a choice. They have no power anymore, not even at most state levels.

No power means less money.
Nano

Postby beardmcdoug » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:49 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:

I think/hope the structure of the DNC will be dramatically different come the 2020 election cycle to the point it is not colluding with their favorite and let their voters decide instead of forcing a candidate like they did w/ Hillary.

I don't think you posted here much back in the early stages of this thread BMD, but this was best thread in this sub-forum leading up the primaries.

Looking back we all should've known Hillary was going be in trouble considering she never even got her own thread on a board with so many differing views.

no ya I didn't join up til sept of 2016 - one of the first things I saw was a bernie thread at like 60 pages... I was like... I've found a new home haha
beardmcdoug

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:08 pm

There's a fight going on inside the party.

The "Bernie bros" are going to get savaged in the media when this starts to reach critical mass. Make no mistake, this is about pushing out the big money Democrats and getting left wing populists elected.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby deltbucs » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:58 am

beardmcdoug wrote:
deltbucs wrote:I'm of the opinion that the DNC is more happy to see Trump in office than Bernie. They don't want that corruption and money flow threatened.

I'm of the opinion that it was the same was in 2012 with the RNC and Ron Paul. They'd rather Obama have won than Ron Paul. This isn't really a partisan thing.
deltbucs

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:10 am

deltbucs wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:

I'm of the opinion that it was the same was in 2012 with the RNC and Ron Paul. They'd rather Obama have won than Ron Paul. This isn't really a partisan thing.

Agreed
DreadNaught

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:01 am

You stupid motherfuckers! ****ing STUPID!

Elitist Democrats Consider Abandoning Rural America
The Democratic Party would rather widen the disconnect with the lower classes than concede power to progressive populists
By Michael Sainato • 02/10/17 11:00am

The Democratic establishment relies on the status quo to recoup their election losses. Despite losing congressional elections across the country in 2016, the Democratic Party re-elected Rep. Ben Ray Lujan—who ran unopposed—to chair the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.

In 2008, Democrats held 257 seats in the House of Representatives, compared to 178 for Republicans. In 2017, Republicans now hold 240 seats to the Democrats’ 193. In October 2016, Lujan told Politico that Donald Trump was serving as a positive factor for Democrats in congressional races, and suggested the party could recoup a majority in the House by coasting off of Trump’s unpopularity and the perceived rift within the Republican Party.

The autopsy for the DCCC is being conducted by Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney, a former senior advisor to Bill Clinton for whom both Clintons have campaigned. Maloney, a true Clinton partisan, is doubling down on the same strategies that failed Hillary Clinton and Democrats in 2016. Leaked DCCC memos revealed the Democratic Party was referring to Hillary Clinton as the Democratic presidential nominee before the primaries even began, and the DCCC strategized to run candidates in line with the Clinton campaign, which included giving up on rural areas that Barack Obama won in 2008 and 2012.

“The question neither Maloney nor Luján will answer is whether they should recruit moderate to conservative candidates in rural districts or just abandon them altogether,” reported The Washington Post in an article titled, “Should House Democrats write off rural congressional districts?” This piece, and the DCCC strategies it outlines, embodies what is wrong with the Democratic Party: Their elitist arrogance is why Hillary Clinton lost the presidential election and why the Democratic Party is in the position it is in now.

To make matters worse, Democrats’ perceived solution to this disconnect with rural working and middle class areas is to offer moderate or conservative candidates. The Washington Post was one of several mainstream media outlets that propagated the narrative during the Democratic primaries that Bernie Sanders only did well in rural areas—citing several rural states where Sanders won by huge margins against Clinton—in order to whitewash his campaign. However, now the DCCC and the Post have come to the consensus that a lack of moderate to conservative Democratic candidates in these areas is the problem.

In reality, the Democratic Party runs candidates who aren’t a real choice between parties, and, therefore, voters opt for the actual Republican rather than the Republican-lite offered by Democrats. Bernie Sanders and populism aren’t mentioned at all by DCCC chair Ben Ray Lujan or Rep. Maloney as possible solutions to the problems they are facing with engaging voters across the country. Democratic elites would rather give up parts of the United States than concede political power to progressive populists.

The Democratic Party is focused on serving corporate and wealthy donors rather than representing working, middle class and low income Americans. Some of these communities used to be Democratic Party strongholds, but voters never saw results.

Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer falsely claimed in July 2016, “for every blue-collar Democrat we lose in western Pennsylvania, we will pick up two moderate Republicans in the suburbs in Philadelphia, and you can repeat that in Ohio and Illinois and Wisconsin.” Those predicted pickups for Democrats never happened, but, nevertheless, the Democratic Party stubbornly sticks to this flawed strategy. If the Democratic Party concedes rural America to the Republican Party completely, Democrats will risk worsening their losses and continuing to drive their party into the ground.

Like I said...****ing STUPID
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Buc2 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:16 am

^^Music to GOPers ears.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby bucfanclw » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:58 am

Buc2 wrote:^^Music to GOPers ears.

Yep. Dem "strategy" is absolutely killing them which is allowing the GOP to just blatantly put unqualified billionaire donors directly in control of our government institutions since the rural voters seem to think the GOP gives a damn about them.

"Yeah, you're going to lose your health insurance, guaranteed minimum wage, school options, and consumer lending protections you've been benefiting from, but we need to stiggit to the liberals and maximize corporate profit margins even farther!"

At least some of the platforms of the Democratic party should have rang true to the rural and middle class, but unfortunately a combination of not understanding the voters' concerns and an overall sliminess of the Clintons and establishment Dems led to this inevitable shitstorm.
bucfanclw

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:04 pm

Buc2 wrote:^^Music to GOPers ears.

I'm sure you mean the GOPers in Washington.

Because all this means is that the "little guy" has no significant representation in Federal Government right now. And the party that built itself as the one that looks out for the little guy is apparently just fine with that.
Mountaineer Buc

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion