Bernie Sanders

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Bernie Sanders

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:40 pm

Buc2 wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:

Could you imagine the abuse of that system???? -- people having mysterious deficiencies that don't allow them to work? It's already a well documented abuse in our safety net programs. Anyone who has ever worked in a manufacturing environments knows the institutional knowledge about doctors who are plug and play for disability and workman's comp.

Then of course, exceptions would have to be made for people who have kids...who are taking care of parents...etc etc.

I take that back...I'm sure free daycare isn't far off next for the progressives so maybe that job obstacle will be eliminated.

And free transportation to and from work.

And free beer.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:41 pm

blueberry?
Zarniwoop

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:48 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:blueberry?

Only in Finland
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Buc2 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:54 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Buc2 wrote:And free transportation to and from work.

And free beer.

I'm in!
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:55 pm

The beer we will give your generation is a neat new craft beer called Cyanide
Zarniwoop

Postby Buc2 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:57 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:The beer we will give your generation is a neat new craft beer called Cyanide

Guess I'd at least die happy, eh?
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby beardmcdoug » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:51 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:The beer we will give your generation is a neat new craft beer called Cyanide

beardmcdoug

Postby deltbucs » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:36 pm

Buc2 wrote:
deltbucs wrote:So here's my thinking. We kind of have 4 options as I see it for unemployed poor people.
1. Let them starve and die.
2. They end up in jail/prison.
3. Give them government assistance.
4. They get a job.
I don't think it's a terrible idea for the government to give them a job and make them work for it instead of the government just paying for them to live in jail/prison or give them welfare. I could see it argued that paying them $15 an hour is too much, but if you don't pay them a living wage, they're back on government assistance.

So, mandatory work, right? In other words, if you're unemployed, instead of welfare, you either take this job (if you're physically able of course), or you can starve and die.

I'm not sure where you got that from my post.
Hint: Look at option #3.
deltbucs

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:52 am

This is like the third or fourth time in the past couple months I'm feeling the Bern...you Trumptards better watch out....soon enough I'll be mandating book deals and 3rd vacation homes for everyone!

The No Money Bail Act would prohibit the federal government from using any payment of money as a condition of pretrial release for criminal cases. It would call for grants to develop alternatives to money bail and to improve pretrial practices with the aim of reducing the number of people detained in jail prior to trial. And it would push states to come along with the shift by denying them access to Justice Department grants if they continue using money bail.

Here is act: https://www.sanders.senate.gov/download ... nline=file

No cash bail is something I have talked about with my buddies here forever. Bern is certainly on the right direction here so a big kudos to him.

Though I think some specifics of the bill aren't very good:

1.) The federal gov't should not be telling or incentivizing the states what to do in state prisons. The federal gov't should set a great example that states WANT to adopt.
2.) The bill needs to do a better job discussing alternatives to cash bail than simply saying to throw cash at researching them. If we don't have viable alternatives the bill shouldn't be passed. For the record I do think we have viable alternatives.
3.) The bill needs to discuss and hopefully alleviate the possible negative consequences from the action - namely, the possibility that judges increase the possibility of no bail for far more defendents
Zarniwoop

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:10 am

The national conglomeration of associated and unified brotherhood of bail bondsmen will stridently oppose this bill.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Swashy » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:21 am

deltbucs wrote:So here's my thinking. We kind of have 4 options as I see it for unemployed poor people.
1. Let them starve and die.
2. They end up in jail/prison.
3. Give them government assistance.
4. They get a job.
I don't think it's a terrible idea for the government to give them a job and make them work for it instead of the government just paying for them to live in jail/prison or give them welfare. I could see it argued that paying them $15 an hour is too much, but if you don't pay them a living wage, they're back on government assistance.

The latter of your comment is best. Just ****ing pay people enough to keep up with inflation and stop shutting down jobs that people can do so there are even jobs left to grow in to. How long before the trucks drive themselves? Naw **** em! The humans can just figure it out. But please don't take muh tax breaks!
Swashy

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:38 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:The national conglomeration of associated and unified brotherhood of bail bondsmen will stridently oppose this bill.

Why isn't Bernie thinking about their jobs!!!!!!!
Zarniwoop

Postby bucfanclw » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:42 am

Zarniwoop wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:The national conglomeration of associated and unified brotherhood of bail bondsmen will stridently oppose this bill.

Why isn't Bernie thinking about their jobs!!!!!!!

And if there's no bail bondsmen, who pays the bounty hunters? Don't even get me started on all the people involved in creating the "reality" shows that follow said bounty hunters... this rabbit hole goes deep.
bucfanclw

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:59 am

I think we can all agree that you don't **** with this man or his crew

Zarniwoop

Previous

Return to Politics and Religion