Random terrorism news

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Random terrorism news

Postby beardmcdoug » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:25 pm

The Outsider wrote:I was under the impression that the previous bombings took place in a part of Austin that is majority Black and Hispanic.

I may be wrong because I know nothing about Austin.

DID YOU JUST ASSUME THAT AREA'S RACE??
beardmcdoug

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:45 pm

Reports are that police have just come to the conclusion that a serial bomber is on the loose. WTF did they think was happening all this time?
PrimeMinister

Postby Buc2 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:52 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:Reports are that police have just come to the conclusion that a serial bomber is on the loose. WTF did they think was happening all this time?

Well, at first they thought it was a racist. Now that he blew up some white people, he's earned the serial bomber label and they'll really get serious about catching this punk. Right, NYBF?
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby NYBF » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:58 pm

How many bombs does it take to become a serial bomber?
*consults obscure website that reinforces my beliefs as to whether or not this is serial*
NYBF

Postby Buc2 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:00 am

Now we have a bomb that exploded at a Fed-Ex distribution center from a package destined for Austin. Obviously, authorities aren't sure yet if it's related, but they're looking that direction of course.

A package exploded at a FedEx distribution center near San Antonio early Tuesday, just two days after a blast injured two men in Austin — the fourth such incident in Texas' capital this month.

Tuesday's blast occurred in the sorting area of the facility in Schertz, Texas, the city's police department confirmed on its Facebook page. FedEx said one person was injured.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/te ... on-n858146
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby NYBF » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:48 am

If all 4 (5?) are related, this guy is making huge jumps in what he's doing. From leaving a package on a doorstep at night to setting up trip wires to now using FedEx. And I'd have to think the end game was not it going off in FedEx. Maybe he's getting sloppy?
NYBF

Postby Buc2 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:40 am

NYBF wrote:If all 4 (5?) are related, this guy is making huge jumps in what he's doing. From leaving a package on a doorstep at night to setting up trip wires to now using FedEx. And I'd have to think the end game was not it going off in FedEx. Maybe he's getting sloppy?

Right? Or maybe these are different bombers? There's just so many unknowns right now. If the incidents were to suddenly stop, this could possibly never be solved. I don't think it's going to stop, though. I'm half expecting to see similar incidents start happening in other cities.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby PrimeMinister » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:48 am

If this is just one person then I agree with Buc2 that this is going to start up elsewhere. At some point Austin is going to become too dangerous for the person. San Antonio, Dallas and Houston are the nearest major cities to hit now.
PrimeMinister

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:16 am

He dead
DreadNaught

Postby Jason Bourne » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:31 am

Dead as a door nail, pun intended

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43484386
Jason Bourne

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:23 am

I guess all that's left is to make assumptions about his political leanings so we can blame the whole thing on an entire political party regardless of the bomber's intent for virtually no gain other than confirmation bias.

I got $5 that says he's a Trumptard.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Buc2 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:37 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:I guess all that's left is to make assumptions about his political leanings so we can blame the whole thing on an entire political party regardless of the bomber's intent for virtually no gain other than confirmation bias.

I got $5 that says he's a poor, lost Millennial that was only venting due to the injustices he perceived in his world and perpetuated by the big, orange haired, meanie in the White House. Oh, and the fact that dad kicked him out of the room over the garage.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:40 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:I guess all that's left is to make assumptions about his political leanings so we can blame the whole thing on an entire political party regardless of the bomber's intent for virtually no gain other than confirmation bias.

I don't think it will happen with this one...call it a hunch. Sure, there will be some idiotic people who lead miserable angry lives in on-line subreddit forums and the comments section on news sites will make flippant remarks to make them feel less miserable but I don't think it will gain much traction.

That being said, MSM has never disappointed me by not sinking lower.
Zarniwoop

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:42 am

Buc2 wrote:

I got $5 that says he's a poor, lost Millennial that was only venting due to the injustices he perceived in his world and perpetuated by the big, orange haired, meanie in the White House. Oh, and the fact that dad kicked him out of the room over the garage.

More evidence for a bifurcated generational execution strategy

Zarniwoop

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

He was home schooled so he's likely from a religious background, so I'll blame the Crusades. :P

Let's ban religion (after we kill the Boomers).
DreadNaught

Postby Buc2 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:27 am

After giving this execution thing more thought, I've come to the conclusion that eliminating the apathetic GenXers would be of more benefit to humankind.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Jason Bourne » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:49 am

this... except i will say unfortunately he is a veteran, possibly from the EOD squad
Jason Bourne

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:01 am

Jason Bourne wrote:

this... except i will say unfortunately he is a veteran, possibly from the EOD squad

I think that's a possibility, but the military isn't the only place you can go to learn about explosives.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby mdb1958 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:15 am

I think when they go to his residence they will find a smashed computer monitor and a life sized Bono doll.
mdb1958

Postby The Outsider » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:30 am

You can learn how to do everything this guy did from YouTube if you're so inclined.

I had a feeling he fucked up when he used FedEx though. Too easy to track with surveillance the way it is today.
The Outsider

Postby Buc2 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:31 am

The Outsider wrote:You can learn how to do everything this guy did from YouTube if you're so inclined.

I had a feeling he fucked up when he used FedEx though. Too easy to track with surveillance the way it is today.

Yep.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Jason Bourne » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:33 am

Yeah he wasn’t military , just a whacked out conservative computer geek apparently ...
END TIMES are here ..

https://www.thedailybeast.com/mark-anth ... tin-bomber
Jason Bourne

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:06 pm

Jason Bourne wrote:Yeah he wasn’t military , just a whacked out conservative computer geek apparently ...
END TIMES are here ..

Home schooled and religious like I thought. Raised with views that are anti-gay and pro-life like many sheltered religious kids, so his conservative views stem from his religious upbringing unfortunately.
DreadNaught

Postby The Outsider » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:06 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:Yeah he wasn’t military , just a whacked out conservative computer geek apparently ...
END TIMES are here ..

Home schooled and religious like I thought. Raised with views that are anti-gay and pro-life like many sheltered religious kids, so his conservative views stem from his religious upbringing unfortunately.

Oh, hey two of the things I hate the most! Homeschooling and organized religion!
The Outsider

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:21 pm

The Outsider wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

Oh, hey two of the things I hate the most! Homeschooling and organized religion!

Tim Tebow just got put on the FBI watch list!
DreadNaught

Postby Buc2 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:28 pm

Ah... I see. The gays made him do it!
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby The Outsider » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:17 pm

Buc2 wrote:Ah... I see. The gays made him do it!

I mean, I get it. They're so damn fabulous.
The Outsider

Postby NYBF » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:51 pm

Good news. He was just a frustrated kid. Not a terrorist.
NYBF

Postby The Outsider » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:45 am

NYBF wrote:Good news. He was just a frustrated kid. Not a terrorist.

Nah, he was still a terrorist.
The Outsider

Postby Buc2 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:05 pm

More terrorism in France.

(CNN) A police officer who swapped places with a female hostage during an attack by an ISIS supporter on a supermarket in southern France has died of his wounds, French authorities said.

Lt. Col. Arnaud Beltrame, 45, was shot in the neck Friday after offering to take the place of a woman during a gunman's assault on the Super U supermarket in Trèbes.

Police found two unexploded homemade bombs, a 7.65 mm pistol and a hunting knife when they searched the market after the attack, a French judicial source told CNN.

The attacker, Radouane Lakdim, 26, a Moroccan-born French national, was a petty criminal already on the radar of French police for his links to radical Salafist networks, authorities said.

When he burst into the supermarket Friday, he shouted he was a soldier from ISIS, witnesses said, before opening fire and killing a worker and a customer. He was shot dead by police on the scene.

"Lt. Col. Arnaud Beltrame died in the service of the nation to which he had already contributed so much," French President Emmanuel Macron said in a statement. "By giving his life to end the murderous escapade of a jihadist terrorist, he died a hero."

Interior Minister Gérard Collomb announced the officer's death Saturday, which raised the number of victims in the gunman's rampage to four.

The attacker killed two other people and wounded more than a dozen others in the supermarket raid. Before then, he had killed another person Friday while stealing a car.

"France will never forget his heroism, his bravery, his sacrifice," Collomb said on Twitter.

Story continues
Don't tread on me
Buc2

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion