Random terrorism news

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Random terrorism news

Postby RedLeader » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:01 pm

deltbucs wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:I thought we had pretty much reached full extent of the inanity of some of our political discussion on these boards over the years --and I got a bit down.

Then I just read a discussion about the pros/cons of the effectiveness of using a UHaul to murder people.

And my faith in our idiocy has been restored!!

And that's why I usually just ignore RedFollower's posts.

Haha - ignore? Dude, I could literally go back and list out all of my postings for the last 6 months, and can guarantee you've replied to most of them, if not all...

And then we can compare... to see who the real follower is... lol
RedLeader

Postby RedLeader » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:02 pm

deltbucs wrote:
RedLeader wrote:
Good question... Do you believe that making it tougher to to rent a truck would mitigate these type of attacks?

RedLeader wrote:Deflection noted.

See what I mean...
RedLeader

Postby RedLeader » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:07 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:
You sound like you've been researching and contemplating this so I don't get why people are trying to talk you out of using your pick-up over what that jihadist in Nice was driving.

I don't either since it had nothing to do with the point, but RedFollower loves to deflect from the questions posed to him.

WHAT QUESTION?? Let me know what this question is that you believe was asked and that I am deflecting from?

I'll wait here..
RedLeader

Postby bucfanclw » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:00 pm

RedLeader wrote:
RedLeader wrote:
Lol. Man, are you stupid...

July 14, 2016 - After a Bastille Day fireworks display in Nice, France, a man drives a 20-ton rental truck into the crowd, striking and killing 86 people. The attacker, Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel, 31, a Tunisian national, drives nearly a mile on the beachfront promenade before he is shot and killed by authorities.

bucfanclw wrote:You know what, fine. I'll give you that in one instance a 20 ton truck was effective due to the crowded nature since no one could get out of the way.

Lol...

December 19, 2016 - A Tunisian man drives a tractor trailer into a Christmas market in Berlin, killing 12 people.

bucfanclw wrote:You're still overlooking the point which is that a truck has other uses, while a gun is only used to kill. That's why nobody is trying to do more serious vetting into who can rent a truck. I'm really not sure how you don't get that.

Get what? That want even my question, dip ****. lol.

Another failed deflection by you...

You're still stuck on this? Move on buddy. We've already had our laugh at your whole regulating trucks deflection.
bucfanclw

Postby bucfanclw » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:02 pm

Buc2 wrote:You could also argue his, "...a gun is only used to kill," line.

Yes, please. I would LOVE to see what other uses this moron thinks a gun has.
bucfanclw

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:11 pm

It seems one vag is particularly sandy today
Zarniwoop

Postby RedLeader » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:18 pm

bucfanclw wrote: You're still stuck on this? Move on buddy. We've already had our laugh at your whole regulating trucks deflection.

Haha.. man, you are pathetic. LOL...

So, let me get this straight...

I ask a fairly simple question two pages back regarding the recent terrorist attacks and whether you guys think restrictions would help...

To which you reply by stating that you 'never needed a gun for a home project', and go on to dispute the fact that large trucks are being used for mass murder by radicalized terrorists - almost as if you have no idea what you're talking about...

I then mock you with a recent example of a "big, slow truck, with poor maneuverability" being used to do just that - and you deflect again by stating that that wasn't the point to begin with.. and that trucks can be used for other things besides killing.. and that I wont answer some question.. that was never asked... except by me...

And now, to come full circle on your douchbaggery, you'd like to just 'move on'..

lol... sure pal. Let's just move one... I think my work here is done anyway.
RedLeader

Postby deltbucs » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:23 am

RedLeader wrote:
deltbucs wrote:And that's why I usually just ignore RedFollower's posts.

Haha - ignore? Dude, I could literally go back and list out all of my postings for the last 6 months, and can guarantee you've replied to most of them, if not all...

And then we can compare... to see who the real follower is... lol

Actually...I should have said "laugh and dismiss" as opposed to "ignore". Even the people on your own political team point and laugh at you quite often. LOL!!
deltbucs

Postby Zarniwoop » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:12 am

Zarniwoop

Postby Rocker » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:52 am

Zarniwoop wrote:Explosion in New York

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/11/po ... -city.html

Thank God no one was seriously injured; and this ***hole will stand trial for his actions.
Rocker

Postby bucfanclw » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:18 am

I love it when a terrorist action is thwarted by the terrorist's own stupidity.
bucfanclw

Postby Buc2 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:18 am

Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Buc2 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:06 pm

Kremlin says Putin thanked Trump for CIA tip on bombings
By Associated Press | Posted: Sun 1:16 PM, Dec 17, 2017

MOSCOW (AP) -- Russian President Vladimir Putin telephoned U.S. President Donald Trump Sunday to thank him for a CIA tip that helped thwart a series of bombings in St. Petersburg, the Kremlin said.

During the call, the two leaders' second in three days, Putin expressed gratitude for the CIA information.

The Kremlin said it allowed Russia's top domestic security agency to track down a group of suspects that planned to bomb Kazan Cathedral and other crowded sites this weekend.

"The information received from the CIA proved sufficient to find and detain the criminal suspects," the Kremlin said.

It added that Putin asked Trump to convey gratitude to the CIA and assured him that "if the Russian intelligence agencies receive information about potential terror threats against the United States and its citizens, they will immediately hand it over to their U.S. counterparts via their communications channels."

The CIA's tip to Russia comes even as Russia-U.S. ties have plunged to their lowest level since the Cold War era — first over Russia's annexation of Crimea and support for pro-Russia separatists in Ukraine, more recently over allegations that Moscow interfered in the U.S. presidential election to help Trump.

While Russian officials have said the two countries were continuing to exchange a terror-related intelligence, Sunday's statement from the Kremlin was Russia's first public assertion that information from the United States helped prevent an attack.

The conversation was the second between the Russian and U.S. presidents since Thursday when Trump thanked Putin for his remarks "acknowledging America's strong economic performance," according to the White House.

During the first call, they also discussed during ways to work together to address North Korea's nuclear and ballistic weapons program, the White House said.

The Federal Security Service, or FSB, announced Friday that seven suspected followers of the Islamic State group had been arrested for allegedly planning to carry out terror attacks in St. Petersburg this weekend.

The agency said the suspects were plotting a suicide bombing in a church and a series of other explosions in the city's busiest areas this coming weekend on IS orders. It said a search of a St. Petersburg apartment found explosives, automatic weapons and extremist literature.

Russian news reports said that Kazan Cathedral, a landmark 19th century Russian Orthodox church on St. Petersburg's central Nevsky Prospect, was the prime target.

If the suspects succeeded in bombing the cathedral, it would have been the first major attack on a Russian Orthodox Church by Islamic terrorists, who have blown up apartment buildings, passenger planes and transport facilities in Russia.

In April, a suicide bombing in the St. Petersburg's subway left 16 dead and wounded more than 50.

Russian TV stations have aired footage daily since Friday of the suspects in the foiled attacks being apprehended and questioned.

One segment showed FSB operatives outside a St. Petersburg apartment building detaining a suspect, who appeared later saying he was told to prepare homemade bombs rigged with shrapnel.

"My job was to make explosives, put it in bottles and attach pieces of shrapnel," the suspect, identified by Russian media as 18-year old Yevgeny Yefimov, said in the footage released by the FSB.

Several other suspects came from mostly Muslim regions in Russia's volatile North Caucasus, and one man was from the ex-Soviet nation of Tajikistan that borders Afghanistan.

The TV reports included footage of a metal container, which the suspects used as a laboratory for making explosives, according to the FSB. Another video showed operatives breaking the doors and raiding an apartment used by other suspects.

Last week, the FSB said it also arrested several IS-linked suspects in Moscow, where they allegedly were plotting a series of suicide bombings to coincide with New Year's celebrations.

The latest calls between Putin and Trump came after the Russian leader praised his U.S. counterpart during a marathon news conference on Thursday.

Putin hailed Trump's achievements, saying that global markets have demonstrated investors' confidence in Trump's economic policies.

He said he hoped the U.S. president would be able to follow through on his campaign promises to improve ties with Russia despite pressure from his political foes at home.

During the news conference, Putin also reaffirmed his multiple denials of meddling in the 2016 U.S. presidential election and argued that the U.S. is only hurting itself with investigations of alleged collusion between Trump and Russia.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Ken Carson » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:19 pm

Fake news.
Ken Carson

Postby Brazen331 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:45 pm

Is Mueller able to get the transcript of every phone call between Trump and Putin? How do we know they don’t plot to cover up their crimes of collusion during these conversations?
Brazen331

Postby Kress » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:23 pm

I just facetimed Putin. He was shirtless. And on a horse. He denied everything. Then I reached out to Trump. He was pantsless. And alone in his library. Which appears to be full of coloring books. But he denied it too.

Fake news.
Kress

Postby RedLeader » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:36 pm

Welp... Looks like we can just about cross the 'War on Terror' off the list... ;)

What's next?
RedLeader

Postby bucfanclw » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:57 pm

Thankfully Obama left Trump with a fairly easy job to just continue the course after a majority of ISIS fighters were wiped out between 2014 and 2016. Good job on continuing the trend!
bucfanclw

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:13 pm

RedLeader wrote:Welp... Looks like we can just about cross the 'War on Terror' off the list... ;)

What's next?

I read this. They have lost 98% of their land in the last year. It’s about flipping time
Zarniwoop

Postby HamBone » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:00 pm

bucfanclw wrote:Thankfully Obama left Trump with a fairly easy job to just continue the course after a majority of ISIS fighters were wiped out between 2014 and 2016. Good job on continuing the trend!

You're a bigger idiot than anyone gives you credit for if you truly believe that...signed the entire DoD
HamBone

Postby bucfanclw » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:07 pm

HamBone wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:Thankfully Obama left Trump with a fairly easy job to just continue the course after a majority of ISIS fighters were wiped out between 2014 and 2016. Good job on continuing the trend!

You're a bigger idiot than anyone gives you credit for if you truly believe that...signed the entire DoD

Really? Because Fox News said this in August last year.
Fox NewsWorld

Nearly 45,000 ISIS-linked fighters killed in past 2 years, US military official says
Published August 10, 2016Fox News
More than two years after the U.S. launched airstrikes against Islamic State targets in the Middle East, the commander overseeing the joint campaign said Wednesday as many as 45,000 ISIS-linked fighters had been killed.

Continue Reading Below

"Although it's no measure of success and its difficult to confirm, we estimate that over the past 11 months we've killed about 25,000 enemy fighters. When you add that to the 20,000 estimated killed prior to our arrival, that's 45,000 enemies taken off the battlefield," Army Lieutenant General Sean MacFarland told reporters at a news briefing. "I only tell you this number to provide a sense to the scale of our support and perhaps explain why enemy resistance is beginning to crumble."

MacFarland said civilians and ISIS administration officials have been forced into front line combat jobs including manning checkpoints, making them a less capable and "diminished" force. "We don't see them operating nearly as effectively as they have in the past, which makes them even easier targets for us so as a result they're attrition has accelerated here of late."

He said the coaltion airstrike destroying hundreds of ISIS vehicles escaping Fallujah last month was further evidence ISIS was not as capable as it used to be. "I don’t they would have made that mistake a year ago," MacFarland said.

The U.S.-led coaltion has launched more than 14,000 airstrikes in the two-year war against ISIS. The first U.S. airstrikes struck ISIS in Iraq on Aug. 8, 2014.

The U.S. military has spent over $8.4 billion fighting ISIS since then.

Continue Reading Below

MacFarland later said the estimates of enemy killed and wounded were "squishy," or difficult to nail down precisely. He added that ISIS fighters could "grab a bunch of people minding their own business off the street, throw them in the back of a pickup truck and drop them off at a checkpoint with some AKs and say, 'defend this checkpoint.'"

The fight has also leveled entire neighborhoods, displaced millions and redrawn the Iraqi map. The U.S.-led coalition estimates ISIS has lost more than 40 percent of the territory it once held in Iraq.

The first coalition strikes were spurred by an ISIS push from Mosul a few weeks after the group's initial rampage across Iraq.

Makhmour base was just one of a number of front-line positions overrun in early August 2014, bringing ISIS fighters within just 19 miles of Irbil, the capital of Iraq's Kurdish region.

After three days of airstrikes, the ISIS advance on Irbil was slowed and Kurdish forces retook the base. Two years later, the fight against ISIS has moved west across the Tigris River into Nineveh province and Makhmour has transitioned from an active front line to a sleepy support position.

"If it weren't for the strikes and the heavy artillery (given to the Iraqi army by the coalition), we would still be up in the mountains," Peshmerga solider Ayoub Khaylani said.

"I will not allow the United States to be dragged into fighting another war in Iraq," President Barack Obama said when he announced the authorization for airstrikes in Iraq in 2014. "American combat troops will not be returning to fight in Iraq."

Last Friday, the Pentagon announced about 400 U.S. soldiers would deploy south of Mosul to Qayarah airbase to aid in the operation to retake Iraq's second-largest city. They were among the 560 additional troops that Obama approved for the Iraq mission last month. The Pentagon said there were about 3,800 U.S. forces in Iraq, not including hundreds on temporary duty and not included in the official count.

As the push to retake Mosul ramps up, the scars from two years of costly victories remain vivid.

Sinjar, the small mostly Yazidi town north of Mosul, was retaken by Kurdish forces nine months ago, but it still lies in ruins. While Sinjar is technically "liberated" the vast majority of its residents still live in tented camps for the displaced scattered throughout Iraq's north.

Fox News' Lucas Tomlinson and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

link
bucfanclw

Postby PrimeMinister » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:32 pm

Ha!!!!
PrimeMinister

Postby HamBone » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:13 am

Yeah, bigger idiot than anyone on the board gave him credit for...congrats on showing out.
HamBone

Postby Brazen331 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:11 am

Can’t you all just humor Clewy and pretend that Obama was the great destroyer of ISIS? It would make him so happy.
Brazen331

Postby bucfanclw » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:46 am

Sorry. I forgot that you DonCons don't really care about facts any more. I'll let you continue your circle jerk.
bucfanclw

Postby deltbucs » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:19 am

Yer a idiot! Obama is a Muslim. I saw it on Brietbart. Make 'Merica White Again!
deltbucs

Postby bucfanclw » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:33 am

deltbucs wrote:Yer a idiot! Obama is a Muslim. I saw it on Brietbart. Make 'Merica White Again!

Remember when the biggest complaint Fox could drum up about Obama's handling of terrorism was too many civilian casualties? Me neither! FAKE NEWS! Don "Rambo" Trump has single-handedly destroyed ISIS! Heil Trump!
bucfanclw

Postby Ken Carson » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:13 am

If I understand Hammy correctly, he wasn't playing team politics. He was saying that the credit should be given to the soldiers who actually killed those ISIS fighters, not any politician.

Maybe we can just all agree to support the troops.
Ken Carson

Postby bucfanclw » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:46 am

Ken Carson wrote:If I understand Hammy correctly, he wasn't playing team politics. He was saying that the credit should be given to the soldiers who actually killed those ISIS fighters, not any politician.

Maybe we can just all agree to support the troops.

What say you, Hammy? Were you upset because I wasn't giving credit to Trump, or the troops? If you think I was taking away from the troops by mentioning the CiC, I apologize.
bucfanclw

Postby Brazen331 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:05 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
deltbucs wrote:Yer a idiot! Obama is a Muslim. I saw it on Brietbart. Make 'Merica White Again!

Remember when the biggest complaint Fox could drum up about Obama's handling of terrorism was too many civilian casualties? Me neither! FAKE NEWS! Don "Rambo" Trump has single-handedly destroyed ISIS! Heil Trump!

A bit hard to argue that Obama was in reality the terrorist fighting legend that he must be in your own mind when for much of his tenure he was obsessed with ensuring that his knee pads were strapped on nice and tight for the Ayatollah Khamenei but do keep up the fight.
Brazen331

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion