Random terrorism news

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Random terrorism news

Postby Buc2 » Wed May 13, 2015 12:13 pm

Not saying the Philly train crash was "terrorism" but maybe it shouldn't be ruled out.

SEPTA Says Commuter Train Hit By Projectile Just Before Amtrak Train Derailed
May 13, 2015 10:08 AM

PHILADELPHIA (CBS/AP) – A Philadelphia commuter train was hit by a projectile about 20 minutes before an Amtrak train derailed a few miles up the track.

A spokeswoman for the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority says there’s no indication that the incident is related to the derailment.

SEPTA spokeswoman Jerri Williams says they don’t know what the projectile was. It broke the engineer’s window around 9:25 p.m. Tuesday near SEPTA’s North Philadelphia station. No injuries were reported.

Williams says the Trenton-bound commuter train was stopped and the incident was being investigated when the Amtrak derailment happened about 3½ miles away.

FLASHBACK: FBI Warns of Train Derailment Threat
Posted by Jim Hoft on Wednesday, May 13, 2015, 8:24 AM

As we await more information on the train derailment in Philadelphia on Tuesday night it should be noted that the FBI put out several warnings since 9-11 on possible sabotage of US trains.

The FBI warned of stolen “derailers” after the 9-11 attacks.
This warning was first published in 2003.
ABC News reported:

Devices that could be used by terrorists to derail trains are being stolen from rail facilities around the country, the FBI warned today.

Nine derailers, a piece of railroad equipment used to derail train cars for safety purposes in railyards have been stolen recently, sources said, citing the FBI’s weekly intelligence bulletin.

The theft of these items is strange since they are of little use outside of the rail industry, according to the bulletin.

Railroads have been targeted in the past by terrorists, the bulletin said.

It specifically mentioned the Oct. 1995 derailment of an Amtrak train in Hyder, Ariz. In that incident, one person was killed and 78 were injured when parts of the track were sabotaged. The FBI located a derail 50 miles from Hyder.

The bulletin does not mention a specific threat, and the FBI has no indication the derail thefts are related to terrorism. The bulletin is distributed weekly to 18,000 state and local law enforcement agencies around the United States.

FBI indicates it does not believe Allendale County train derailment was accidental

February 5, 2015 by South Carolina Radio Network

Recent steps by the FBI seem to indicate that investigators do not think a CSX train derailment last month in rural Allendale County was accidental.

The law enforcement agency revealed Wednesday it has offered a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and indictment of anyone who caused the train to crash near the Martin community on January 27. Emergency officials said the crash occurred after the train was diverted down the wrong tracks near the Archroma colored paper and textiles plant. The engine then collided with several rail cars parked on the siding. The train’s conductor and engineer were injured during the collision.

A state Emergency Management Division spokesman said several toxic chemicals, most notably 19,000 gallons of hydrochloric acid, leaked from the derailed train cars after the crash. Hydrochloric acid is a corrosive material that can damage organs, skin tissue, eyes, and intestines if touched. Spokesman Derrec Becker said the Archroma plant and a nearby home were evacuated, but the chemical did not sicken anyone along the rural stretch of rail.

An FBI team responded on the day of the crash, but there had been no other indications at the time that investigators were treating the crash as a crime scene. It’s believed someone may have illegally tampered with the rail junction switch, according to The State newspaper.

CSX is contributing to some of the reward. Spokeswoman Kristin Seay told the paper that the company is working with federal officials.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Re: Random terrorism news

Postby Wenchy » Wed May 13, 2015 12:18 pm

Ugh. Those commuter trains are the ones I took in and out of the city when I lived in Philly. And plenty of my friends living up there are still doing it. The worst thing we had to worry about back in the day was people jumping in front of the trains, not sabotaging them. Scary stuff.
Wenchy

Postby Buc2 » Wed May 13, 2015 12:32 pm

It's now being reported that the Amtrak train was speeding. So much for my terrorism theory. If I had read that first, I wouldn't have bothered posting the above.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Wenchy » Wed May 13, 2015 12:48 pm

Then thanks for nothin'!
Wenchy

Postby The Outsider » Wed May 13, 2015 12:50 pm

BAN HIM!
The Outsider

Postby Buc2 » Wed May 13, 2015 3:53 pm

:buttmoon:
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Renaissance Man » Wed May 13, 2015 6:23 pm

Buc2 wrote:It's now being reported that the Amtrak train was speeding. So much for my terrorism theory. If I had read that first, I wouldn't have bothered posting the above.

Wait, what if the driver was a terrorist?
Renaissance Man

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed May 13, 2015 8:13 pm

Renaissance Man wrote:
Buc2 wrote:It's now being reported that the Amtrak train was speeding. So much for my terrorism theory. If I had read that first, I wouldn't have bothered posting the above.

Wait, what if the driver was a terrorist?

It was ISIS using social media that drove the driver into an anti-american frenzy that compelled him to deliberately crash the train!

INVADE IRAN!
INVADE SYRIA!
RETAKE IRAQ!
BOMB MECCA!
BUY BAE SYSTEMS!
BUY LOCKHEED!
Mountaineer Buc

Postby acaton » Sat May 16, 2015 7:13 am

Or just call it workplace violence and **** over the victims for as long as you can.

Short, fat and slow often does the trick...45ACP
acaton

Postby BigIrv9 » Sat May 16, 2015 11:23 am

acaton wrote:Or just call it workplace violence and **** over the victims for as long as you can.
BigIrv9

Postby Buc2 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:24 am

Baaaahahahaha!

‘Moron’ terrorist takes a selfie in front of ISIS headquarters, Air Force bombs it 22 hours later

BGR News
Yoni Heisler
June 5, 2015

Apparently, looks can kill. In a very real story that we assure you did not originate from The Onion, a terrorist from ISIS recently took a selfie of himself and posted it online.

Shortly thereafter, U.S. Intelligence, which heavily monitors social media accounts from ISIS members and supporters, managed to pinpoint an ISIS headquarters building in Syria by using the selfie photo as a reference point.

According to Air Force General Hawk Carlisle (which is a perfect name for an Air Force General we must say), airmen from Hurlburt Field, Florida in the 361st Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Group were the first to pick up on the photo.

“The guys that were working down out of Hurlburt, they’re combing through social media and they see some moron standing at this command,”Carlisle said in an interview with Defense Tech. “And in some social media, open forum, bragging about the command and control capabilities for Daesh, ISIL. And these guys go: ‘We got an in.’ So they do some work, long story short, about 22 hours later through that very building, three [Joint Direct Attack Munitions] take that entire building out.”
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Corsair » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:16 pm

Corsair

Postby Buc2 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:44 am

Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby HamBone » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:15 am

"Breaking: The harvest of the Caliphate to Friday, 9th of Ramada: Explosion in a mosque in Kuwait, explosion in a tourist hotel in Tunisia and attacking gas company in France"
HamBone

Postby HamBone » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:33 am

Looks like Benghazi just won't go away...
HamBone

Postby Alpha » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:50 pm

HamBone wrote:Looks like Benghazi just won't go away...

Looks like the (R's) are gonna think THAT is gonna win them the election...when the "average electorate" STILL doesn't give a ****. Kinda like they never have.

Sigh.

You idiots keep focusing on issues that DON'T MATTER to the "Average Joe".

Kid of amusing how you nit-wits keep chasing your tail.
Alpha

Postby HamBone » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:58 am

Alpha wrote:
HamBone wrote:Looks like Benghazi just won't go away...

Looks like the (R's) are gonna think THAT is gonna win them the election...when the "average electorate" STILL doesn't give a ****. Kinda like they never have.

Sigh.

You idiots keep focusing on issues that DON'T MATTER to the "Average Joe".

Kid of amusing how you nit-wits keep chasing your tail.

LOL...not everyone is a R or a D. Maybe that concept is too tough for you to grasp.
HamBone

Postby StillCSG » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:22 pm

But but but....

I thought there was a no guns allowed sign outside the recruitment office
StillCSG

Postby HamBone » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:37 pm

Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez
HamBone

Postby StillCSG » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:45 pm

Wonder if Obama will call this "workplace violence"
StillCSG

Postby Wenchy » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:21 pm

How sad is it that we even have a thread with this title? This is becoming a routine thing, and it doesn't look like things are going to get better any time soon. :sad face:
Wenchy

Postby StillCSG » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:38 pm

Is the word terrorism not in Obama's vocabulary?
StillCSG

Postby HamBone » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:16 pm

Depends, if it had been a "right-wing" terrorist...I'm sure he would have called it terrorism.
HamBone

Postby HamBone » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:36 pm

Two Coast Guard centers NY on lockdown due terrorist threats.
HamBone

Postby Boyd Crowder » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:20 am

StillCSG wrote:Wonder if Obama will call this "workplace violence"

Not yet, but he wishes you a happy Ramadan!
Boyd Crowder

Postby HamBone » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:04 am

Saturday, Navy Petty Officer 2nd Class Randall Smith, a reservist serving on active duty at the Chattanooga center, died, bringing the death toll to five.
HamBone

Postby HamBone » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:12 am

LCpl Squire "Skip" Wells, Sgt Carson Holmquist, SSgt David Wyatt, GySgt Thomas Sullivan

Semper Fi and Rest in peace brothers.
HamBone

Postby Buc2 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:26 am

Islam offends me. It seems to be one of the most racist religions on the planet. It breeds hate. It exports hate. It bleeds hate. It encourages hate. It demands hate. It's time all non-Islamic Americans stand up and demand that symbols of Islam be removed from public viewing. From hijabs to crescent & star flags. It all should be banned for the hatefulness it embraces. Just like the Confederate flag is offensive, so too are their symbols offensive.

Just a few short years ago, I never gave Islam and second thought and knew very little about that religion. While I know more today about Islam, I won't profess to be an expert on Islam and I know I never will be nor do I care to be. But as more time has gone on, and more atrocities by these terrorists are committed in the name of Islam, my heart has hardened against their religion to the point that I now consider them my enemy just as they consider me and my countrymen their enemy.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby StillCSG » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:56 am

Buc2 wrote:Islam offends me. It seems to be one of the most racist religions on the planet. It breeds hate. It exports hate. It bleeds hate. It encourages hate. It demands hate. It's time all non-Islamic Americans stand up and demand that symbols of Islam be removed from public viewing. From hijabs to crescent & star flags. It all should be banned for the hatefulness it embraces. Just like the Confederate flag is offensive, so too are their symbols offensive.

Just a few short years ago, I never gave Islam and second thought and knew very little about that religion. While I know more today about Islam, I won't profess to be an expert on Islam and I know I never will be nor do I care to be. But as more time has gone on, and more atrocities by these terrorists are committed in the name of Islam, my heart has hardened against their religion to the point that I now consider them my enemy just as they consider me and my countrymen their enemy.

Any religion can be corrupted... Not just Islam
StillCSG

Postby Buc2 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:57 am

StillCSG wrote:
Buc2 wrote:Islam offends me. It seems to be one of the most racist religions on the planet. It breeds hate. It exports hate. It bleeds hate. It encourages hate. It demands hate. It's time all non-Islamic Americans stand up and demand that symbols of Islam be removed from public viewing. From hijabs to crescent & star flags. It all should be banned for the hatefulness it embraces. Just like the Confederate flag is offensive, so too are their symbols offensive.

Any religion can be corrupted... Not just Islam

True. However that still doesn't change my opinion of Islam.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Next

Return to Politics and Religion