Random terrorism news

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Random terrorism news

Postby bucfanclw » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:25 am

So not only did sending in troops without proper planning or intelligence result in a failed mission to take out the target, it also hinders our ability to get the target in the future. Where's our board Trump supporters? I'd really like to know their take on this. Is this a *gasp* mistake by Trump, or is it just the media blowing it out of proportion?
bucfanclw

Postby Buc2 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:40 am

Corsair wrote:
Yemen Withdraws Permission for U.S. Antiterror Ground Missions
By DAVID E. SANGER and ERIC SCHMITTFEB. 7, 2017

WASHINGTON — Angry at the civilian casualties incurred last month in the first commando raid authorized by President Trump, Yemen has withdrawn permission for the United States to run Special Operations ground missions against suspected terrorist groups in the country, according to American officials.

Mission accomplished?

Apparently the above was more fake news.

Warning: This is NOT the entire article. Click on the link if you want to read all of it.
Yemen Denies Ban On U.S. Military Involvement Following Deadly Raid

“We have not withdrawn our permission for the United States to carry out special operations ground missions. However, we made clear our reservations about the last operation,” a senior Yemeni official told Reuters.

“We said that in the future there needs to be more coordination with Yemeni authorities before any operation and that there needs to be consideration for our sovereignty,” he added. The account was confirmed by another Yemeni official.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Corsair » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:44 am

NY Times vs. The World Post

I guess I'll wait for a third account.

But it's entirely possible that different reports are coming out of Yemen.

edit: Chicago Tribune is verifying there is no "ban" but that Yemeni officials are reviewing the raid and asking for more coordination for ground missions. I guess NYT got this one wrong. I wonder if Yemen got some push back from Washington. Either way, my original article appears to be misleading.
Last edited by Corsair on Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corsair

Postby bucfanclw » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:48 am

So Buc2, how would you rate the raid? Success or Complete Success?
bucfanclw

Postby HamBone » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:06 pm

Yemeni officials? Lol...that's s9me funny poo right there
HamBone

Postby Ken Carson » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:32 pm

bucfanclw wrote:So Buc2, how would you rate the raid? Success or Complete Success?

According to some of the info in the NYT article, it went about as well as the Yemen drone strikes which caused an actual halt a few years ago.

All this armchair general **** is annoying. We shouldn't be over there killing people. Period. It shouldn't be a political issue that is drawn across partisan lines. Obama was drone killing US citizens without trial (like the dude whose niece was killed in the raid) and Corsair wasn't posting articles about it.

We only care about this raid because Trump OK'd it and people died. War generally means people die. Probably shouldn't need the media to help you get that.
Ken Carson

Postby Wharf Rat » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:53 am

bucfanclw wrote:So not only did sending in troops without proper planning or intelligence result in a failed mission to take out the target, it also hinders our ability to get the target in the future. Where's our board Trump supporters? I'd really like to know their take on this. Is this a *gasp* mistake by Trump, or is it just the media blowing it out of proportion?

I don't know much about this "failed mission", I guess I'll have to read up on it. But are you seriously acting surprised that a Commander in Chief made a mistake?

Obama pulling out of Iraq too soon, creating a vacuum and allowing for the formation of ISIS, was a mistake. Bush invading Iraq, because of non existent WMDs, was a mistake. Clinton's failed mission in Somalia was one of many of his mistakes. The list goes on and on.
Wharf Rat

Postby Buc2 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:25 am

Wharf Rat wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:So not only did sending in troops without proper planning or intelligence result in a failed mission to take out the target, it also hinders our ability to get the target in the future. Where's our board Trump supporters? I'd really like to know their take on this. Is this a *gasp* mistake by Trump, or is it just the media blowing it out of proportion?

I don't know much about this "failed mission", I guess I'll have to read up on it. But are you seriously acting surprised that a Commander in Chief made a mistake?

Obama pulling out of Iraq too soon, creating a vacuum and allowing for the formation of ISIS, was a mistake. Bush invading Iraq, because of non existent WMDs, was a mistake. Clinton's failed mission in Somalia was one of many of his mistakes. The list goes on and on.

Bu...bu...but, Trump.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby deltbucs » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:44 am

Ken Carson wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:So Buc2, how would you rate the raid? Success or Complete Success?

According to some of the info in the NYT article, it went about as well as the Yemen drone strikes which caused an actual halt a few years ago.

All this armchair general **** is annoying. We shouldn't be over there killing people. Period. It shouldn't be a political issue that is drawn across partisan lines. Obama was drone killing US citizens without trial (like the dude whose niece was killed in the raid) and Corsair wasn't posting articles about it.

We only care about this raid because Trump OK'd it and people died. War generally means people die. Probably shouldn't need the media to help you get that.

Yeah...No ****. Of course we shouldn't be there. Gotta get that oil, though!

'Merica! **** yeah!
deltbucs

Postby Ken Carson » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:12 am

deltbucs wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:According to some of the info in the NYT article, it went about as well as the Yemen drone strikes which caused an actual halt a few years ago.

Yeah...No ****. Of course we shouldn't be there. Gotta get that oil, though!

'Merica! **** yeah!

Right. And that reality has existed throughout the tenure of multiple Republican and Democratic presidents, so I'm over the politicizing of this 'war.' The cheerleaders on each side can try to make it about elephants and donkeys, but anyone with a functioning brain can see that it's about oil and power.
Ken Carson

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:24 am

The President doesn't plan these operations first of all. If you want to blame Trump giving the go-ahead than that is fine, but any "failure" with planning or intelligence falls on the Commanders & Generals. We can armchair this all day after the fact and say, 'people died, we should've waited'. The fact is none of us know what the details of the mission were.

It sucks when civilians are killed, but I don't think it's just a coincidence that dead girls brother was killed in a drone strike a few years ago and now she dies in a SpecOps raid. I'm not saying they deserved to die or even did anything wrong. But they are obviously related to some people our government deems to be very dangerous and went to extreme ends to eliminate. Seal Team 6 doesn't operate in areas where threats don't exist, and since we know a firefight ensued I think there is chance the combatants were trying to protect something (perhaps intel?).
DreadNaught

Postby bucfanclw » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:27 am

You know what? I'm a bit concerned that these sort of things aren't being reported. Why is this story getting buried?
Malik Al-Shahir, a 27-year-old man from Fannin County, Georgia is under FBI investigation after driving himself to the hospital last week, claiming he came into contact with the deadly substance ricin.

Fannin County Sheriff Dane Kirby confirmed that Al-Shahir's car tested positive for ricin, a deadly poison that is found in castor beans. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the substance can come in the form of a powder, a mist, a pellet, or can be dissolved in liquid and just a small amount of it can kill. The CDC notes, “It would take a deliberate act to make ricin and use it to poison people.”

It is unclear how or for what reason Al-Shahir came into contact with the ricin. The FBI “identified no evidence that any poisonous or toxic substances have been dispersed or that the public is at risk,” according to prosecutors who spoke with Fox News.

Al-Shahir's Facebook profile indicates the 27-year-old Iraqi man is a member of the Dalton Islamic Center and is a self-identified “ISIS Loyalist.” A profile photo on his account writes as the caption, “100 years from now when someone finds one of these trees thay [sic] will know that there was once Allah.”

Search for the county and ricin - not the name
bucfanclw

Postby deltbucs » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:28 am

DreadNaught wrote:

The President doesn't plan these operations first of all. If you want to blame Trump giving the go-ahead than that is fine, but any "failure" with planning or intelligence falls on the Commanders & Generals. We can armchair this all day after the fact and say, 'people died, we should've waited'. The fact is none of us know what the details of the mission were.

It sucks when civilians are killed, but I don't think it's just a coincidence that dead girls brother was killed in a drone strike a few years ago and now she dies in a SpecOps raid. I'm not saying they deserved to die or even did anything wrong. But they are obviously related to some people our government deems to be very dangerous and went to extreme ends to eliminate. Seal Team 6 doesn't operate in areas where threats don't exist, and since we know a firefight ensued I think there is chance the combatants were trying to protect something (perhaps intel?).

But Trump knows more about ISIS than the generals, so....
deltbucs

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:38 am

bucfanclw wrote:You know what? I'm a bit concerned that these sort of things aren't being reported. Why is this story getting buried?
Malik Al-Shahir, a 27-year-old man from Fannin County, Georgia is under FBI investigation after driving himself to the hospital last week, claiming he came into contact with the deadly substance ricin.

Fannin County Sheriff Dane Kirby confirmed that Al-Shahir's car tested positive for ricin, a deadly poison that is found in castor beans. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the substance can come in the form of a powder, a mist, a pellet, or can be dissolved in liquid and just a small amount of it can kill. The CDC notes, “It would take a deliberate act to make ricin and use it to poison people.”

It is unclear how or for what reason Al-Shahir came into contact with the ricin. The FBI “identified no evidence that any poisonous or toxic substances have been dispersed or that the public is at risk,” according to prosecutors who spoke with Fox News.

Al-Shahir's Facebook profile indicates the 27-year-old Iraqi man is a member of the Dalton Islamic Center and is a self-identified “ISIS Loyalist.” A profile photo on his account writes as the caption, “100 years from now when someone finds one of these trees thay [sic] will know that there was once Allah.”

Search for the county and ricin - not the name

DreadNaught

Postby bucfanclw » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:42 am

It got your attention.
bucfanclw

Postby deltbucs » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:54 am

I have no idea why people hate America.
deltbucs

Postby RedLeader » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:34 pm

deltbucs wrote:I have no idea why people hate America.

I know, right... makes you wonder why N. Korea doesn't have more of an immigration problem... hmmmmmmmm
RedLeader

Postby bucfanclw » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:39 pm

RedLeader wrote:

I know, right... makes you wonder why N. Korea doesn't have more of an immigration problem... hmmmmmmmm

Strong border security and emphasis on nationalism certainly has done wonders for their country.
bucfanclw

Postby mightyleemoon » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:03 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
RedLeader wrote:

Strong border security and emphasis on nationalism certainly has done wonders for their country.

How would we know?
mightyleemoon

Postby Corsair » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:14 pm

RedLeader wrote:

If only we could be more like North Korea, right?

The middle class is flourishing above the 39th parallel.
Corsair

Postby Ken Carson » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:08 pm

deltbucs wrote:Image

I have no idea why people hate America.

That Nobel Peace Prize seems a bit of an albatross at this point.
Ken Carson

Postby RedLeader » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:50 pm

Eeeeeouch.
RedLeader

Postby RedLeader » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:52 pm

Corsair wrote:
RedLeader wrote:

If only we could be more like North Korea, right?

The middle class is flourishing above the 39th parallel.

Aaaaand, whooooosh...
RedLeader

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:44 am

38th parallel.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby NYBF » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:31 pm

Maybe we should start rounding up white people in South Carolina.

http://www.wect.com/story/34521384/fbi- ... ylann-roof
NYBF

Postby NYBF » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:00 am

This one also belongs in the Florida Man thread

http://abcnews.go.com/US/florida-man-ar ... d=45553743
NYBF

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:39 am

Is this where we discuss Hillary Clinton giving 20% of our uranium to Russia?
Bootz2004

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:29 am

There has been a "terror incident" according to local officials at the UK Parliament (which was locked down due to the incident).

Apparently some 'Asian' (<- PC wording for middle eastern) mowed down at least 5 people on a bridge near the UK Parliament. He then crashed into the gate of Parliament and stabbed a police officer to death. He then was shot an killed by a LEO.

Today is the 1 year anniversary of the Brussels attack.

London (CNN)A police officer was stabbed and an assailant shot in what police are treating as a terrorist incident at the British Houses of Parliament.

London's Metropolitan Police said on Twitter they were called at approximately 2:40 pm to reports of a firearms incident near Westminster Bridge, near the main parliament building. British media reported there were multiple injuries. London's Metropolitan Police said: "Officers -- including firearms officers -- remain on the scene and we are treating this as a terrorist incident until we know otherwise."

Latest developments
Houses of Parliament, roads and Westminster underground station on lockdown.
Members of Parliament locked in, told to stay away from windows.
Police were called at 2:40 pm after reports of a firearms incident.
Air ambulance at the scene to remove casualties.
The incident occurred as parliament was in session, and proceedings in the House of Commons were suspended. Dozens of MPs remained in the House.

A car crashed into a fence outside the Parliament building in London on Wednesday, March 22. Police are investigating a "firearms incident" near the Parliament and have put the entire Westminster area on lockdown. "It appeared that a car was coming towards the House of Commons mowing down pedestrians on the way," Member of Parliament Gerald Howarth told CNN. "The driver then got access to the parliamentary estate, stabbed a police officer and was shot."
DreadNaught

Postby NYBF » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:05 pm

White man who fatally stabbed black man in Midtown says he came to NYC from Baltimore to kill African-Americans

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/man ... -1.3005263
NYBF

Postby acaton » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:10 pm

**** it I am heading to N. Korea.

Short, fat and slow often does the trick...45ACP
acaton

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion