#YangGang

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
post

Re: #YangGang

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:55 pm

TheChefO wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Do you not have the ability to read and comprehend? or are you just a reactionary?

Your question is answered IN the ****ing quote!


Yang ... all he had to do was not head down to crazy town ... Oh well, at least he can still get the word out on UBI.

You haven't been doing your homework. He has over 160 policy proposals.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 19513
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 199 times
Been thanked: 911 times

Re: #YangGang

Postby TheChefO » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:56 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
TheChefO wrote:
Yang ... all he had to do was not head down to crazy town ... Oh well, at least he can still get the word out on UBI.

You haven't been doing your homework.


I'd been digging in... he was a bit misguided on a few things, but I was hopeful he may be a nice 2024 Trump replacement.
TheChefO
 
Posts: 4924
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:46 am
Has thanked: 1138 times
Been thanked: 283 times

Re: #YangGang

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:07 pm

TheChefO wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:You haven't been doing your homework.


I'd been digging in... he was a bit misguided on a few things, but I was hopeful he may be a nice 2024 Trump replacement.


He currently leads the President by 8 points. Your best hope is that the Jason Bournes of the party win out and toss the corpse of Joe Biden up there.

Any way you slice this, Trump is not going to waltz to victory. He's going to have to campaign hard to keep his job.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 19513
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 199 times
Been thanked: 911 times

Re: #YangGang

Postby bucfanclw » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:12 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
TheChefO wrote:
I'd been digging in... he was a bit misguided on a few things, but I was hopeful he may be a nice 2024 Trump replacement.


He currently leads the President by 8 points. Your best hope is that the Jason Bournes of the party win out and toss the corpse of Joe Biden up there.

Any way you slice this, Trump is not going to waltz to victory. He's going to have to campaign hard to keep his job.

Which is why he's been campaigning since a week after he got in office. He's been so focused on trying to squeeze every cent out of the chef0s of the country that he's run out of anything new to promise. There isnt as much excitement around Trump any more because people have just gotten tired of it.
User avatar
bucfanclw
 
Posts: 6145
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:09 pm
Location: I'm told Clewiston
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 311 times

Re: #YangGang

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:31 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:
He currently leads the President by 8 points. Your best hope is that the Jason Bournes of the party win out and toss the corpse of Joe Biden up there.

Any way you slice this, Trump is not going to waltz to victory. He's going to have to campaign hard to keep his job.

Which is why he's been campaigning since a week after he got in office. He's been so focused on trying to squeeze every cent out of the chef0s of the country that he's run out of anything new to promise. There isnt as much excitement around Trump any more because people have just gotten tired of it.

No way Trump is stupid enough to think he can win reelection without bringing something new to the table. He's got something up his sleeve.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 19513
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 199 times
Been thanked: 911 times

Re: #YangGang

Postby TheChefO » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:40 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:... He currently leads the President by 8 points ...


Awesome.

How'd that work out for Clinton?
TheChefO
 
Posts: 4924
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:46 am
Has thanked: 1138 times
Been thanked: 283 times

Re: #YangGang

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:55 pm

TheChefO wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:... He currently leads the President by 8 points ...


Awesome.

How'd that work out for Clinton?

You going to keep saying that all the way to election day?
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 19513
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 199 times
Been thanked: 911 times

Re: #YangGang

Postby Selmon Rules » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:13 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
TheChefO wrote:
Awesome.

How'd that work out for Clinton?

You going to keep saying that all the way to election day?

I've got a "friend" on Facebook that makes the Trump supporters on here look downright "milquetoast" in their support.... Constantly saying the same thing.... Add in the hatred of the left for good measure



His latest is trying to convince me through some YouTube crap that Michelle Obama is really a man
Sig currently being held hostage by Photobucket, will return next fall
User avatar
Selmon Rules
 
Posts: 1687
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:27 pm
Has thanked: 170 times
Been thanked: 62 times

Re: #YangGang

Postby Moozician » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:16 pm

I did the research on Yang... Just like I did on Ron Paul, years ago. I supported Trump, and will do so until he is replaced. While I do not agree with everyone of Yang's proposed policies, I understand the reasoning behind them. He has answers. Initially, the $1000 a month seems impossible... until he explains it.

Now, whether or not Congress will work with him, I don't know. But I DO know that the guy is realistic, and a good guy. Hopefully, the rest of the voters will research as well, and AT LEAST get him to the General.
Image
User avatar
Moozician
 
Posts: 1939
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:11 pm
Location: Wintah Gahden
Has thanked: 138 times
Been thanked: 143 times

Re: #YangGang

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:03 pm

Moozician wrote:I did the research on Yang... Just like I did on Ron Paul, years ago. I supported Trump, and will do so until he is replaced. While I do not agree with everyone of Yang's proposed policies, I understand the reasoning behind them. He has answers. Initially, the $1000 a month seems impossible... until he explains it.

Now, whether or not Congress will work with him, I don't know. But I DO know that the guy is realistic, and a good guy. Hopefully, the rest of the voters will research as well, and AT LEAST get him to the General.

We get down to the final four of Bernie, Betty, Beto, and Yang the debates will be so much more interesting.



Yang will broaden topics and force the others to stop fishing for soundbytes.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 19513
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 199 times
Been thanked: 911 times

Re: #YangGang

Postby TheChefO » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:28 am

One thing that annoys me with this Yang fellow, he keeps saying "we automated away manufacturing jobs" ... if that were true, the factories would still be here and not in Mexico and China.

Yes, there was quite a bit of job loss, but there's a reason damn near everything on the shelf says "made in China" and it isn't because they're the only ones that know how to make robots...
TheChefO
 
Posts: 4924
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:46 am
Has thanked: 1138 times
Been thanked: 283 times

Re: #YangGang

Postby TheChefO » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:03 am

TheChefO
 
Posts: 4924
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:46 am
Has thanked: 1138 times
Been thanked: 283 times

Re: #YangGang

Postby TheChefO » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:31 pm

https://trends.google.com/trends/explor ... rew%20yang

I thought he might have had more of a bump after the last debate stunt.
TheChefO
 
Posts: 4924
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:46 am
Has thanked: 1138 times
Been thanked: 283 times

Re: #YangGang

Postby TheChefO » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:34 pm

TheChefO
 
Posts: 4924
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:46 am
Has thanked: 1138 times
Been thanked: 283 times

Re: #YangGang

Postby TheChefO » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:01 am

TheChefO
 
Posts: 4924
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:46 am
Has thanked: 1138 times
Been thanked: 283 times

Re: #YangGang

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:18 pm

This could be a "can't we all agree" thread on its own.

Yang proposes your online data be considered your personal property.
https://www.fastcompany.com/90411540/andrew-yang-proposes-that-your-digital-data-be-considered-personal-property?partner=rss&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=rss+fastcompany&utm_content=rss

The rights Yang is proposing:

The right to be informed as to what data will be collected, and how it will be used
The right to opt out of data collection or sharing
The right to be told if a website has data on you, and what that data is
The right to be forgotten; to have all data related to you deleted upon request
The right to be informed if ownership of your data changes hands
The right to be informed of any data breaches including your information in a timely manner
The right to download all data in a standardized format to port to another platform
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 19513
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 199 times
Been thanked: 911 times

Re: #YangGang

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:28 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:This could be a "can't we all agree" thread on its own.

Yang proposes your online data be considered your personal property.
https://www.fastcompany.com/90411540/andrew-yang-proposes-that-your-digital-data-be-considered-personal-property?partner=rss&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=rss+fastcompany&utm_content=rss

The rights Yang is proposing:

The right to be informed as to what data will be collected, and how it will be used
The right to opt out of data collection or sharing
The right to be told if a website has data on you, and what that data is
The right to be forgotten; to have all data related to you deleted upon request
The right to be informed if ownership of your data changes hands
The right to be informed of any data breaches including your information in a timely manner
The right to download all data in a standardized format to port to another platform


Ideas like this are the reason I listen to Yang.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 17001
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 734 times
Been thanked: 935 times

Re: #YangGang

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:42 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:This could be a "can't we all agree" thread on its own.

Yang proposes your online data be considered your personal property.
https://www.fastcompany.com/90411540/andrew-yang-proposes-that-your-digital-data-be-considered-personal-property?partner=rss&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=rss+fastcompany&utm_content=rss



Ideas like this are the reason I listen to Yang.

There's even bigger implications to consider when you think about the onlne presence of minors.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 19513
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 199 times
Been thanked: 911 times

Re: #YangGang

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:21 am

He's out there signing Ti-84s

Image
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 19513
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 199 times
Been thanked: 911 times

Re: #YangGang

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:22 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:He's out there signing Ti-84s

Image



Ti 83 > Ti 84

He lost my vote
User avatar
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 11723
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 1099 times
Been thanked: 805 times

Re: #YangGang

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:23 am

Ha!
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 19513
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 199 times
Been thanked: 911 times

Re: #YangGang

Postby bucfanclw » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:32 am

TI-86 got me through college, so I have a soft spot in my heart for it.

...I cannot confirm nor deny the rumors that it ended up in the fire pit at my graduation party, however.
User avatar
bucfanclw
 
Posts: 6145
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:09 pm
Location: I'm told Clewiston
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 311 times

Re: #YangGang

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:48 am

bucfanclw wrote:TI-86 got me through college, so I have a soft spot in my heart for it.

...I cannot confirm nor deny the rumors that it ended up in the fire pit at my graduation party, however.




I'd say about 10% of Business students at my school have an advanced scientific calculator. Another 10% have a financial one. Most don't even have one, they rely on their phones (which is fair enough). But on exams, I don't let students use their phones for calculators so a few years ago I bought 24 solar calculators for $25...the most basic calculator possible and anyone who doesn't have a calculator I let them borrow one. They are at a bit of a disadvantage because they can't 'check' their answers using the advanced features, but it beats spending $100 on a good calculator.
User avatar
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 11723
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 1099 times
Been thanked: 805 times

Re: #YangGang

Postby PanteraCanes » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:09 am

I don't understand why you all support the inferior models. Ti-92 all the way.
User avatar
PanteraCanes
 
Posts: 1502
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:48 pm
Has thanked: 93 times
Been thanked: 115 times

Re: #YangGang

Postby TheChefO » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:11 am

Zarniwoop wrote:... But on exams, I don't let students use their phones for calculators...


TheChefO
 
Posts: 4924
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:46 am
Has thanked: 1138 times
Been thanked: 283 times

Re: #YangGang

Postby PetePierson » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:47 am

Selmon Rules wrote:I've got a "friend" on Facebook that makes the Trump supporters on here look downright "milquetoast" in their support.... Constantly saying the same thing.... Add in the hatred of the left for good measure



His latest is trying to convince me through some YouTube crap that Michelle Obama is really a man


BizzaroBiBL?
Image
User avatar
PetePierson
 
Posts: 4194
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:03 pm
Location: Yucks Fan in Kitty Country.
Has thanked: 270 times
Been thanked: 293 times

Re: #YangGang

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:47 am

I have no recollection of which model I had in college. I sold it to a freshman my senior year.

EDIT: Pretty sure it was a 30X
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 19513
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 199 times
Been thanked: 911 times

Re: #YangGang

Postby Buc2 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:26 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:TI-86 got me through college, so I have a soft spot in my heart for it.

...I cannot confirm nor deny the rumors that it ended up in the fire pit at my graduation party, however.




I'd say about 10% of Business students at my school have an advanced scientific calculator. Another 10% have a financial one. Most don't even have one, they rely on their phones (which is fair enough). But on exams, I don't let students use their phones for calculators so a few years ago I bought 24 solar calculators for $25...the most basic calculator possible and anyone who doesn't have a calculator I let them borrow one. They are at a bit of a disadvantage because they can't 'check' their answers using the advanced features, but it beats spending $100 on a good calculator.

I bought a solar powered Casio financial calculator back in 1988 or 89. It was great for doing future value and present value calculations among other things. I actually still have it and it still works. Well, at least it did the last time I checked about 3-4 years ago when I happened across it looking through a box of old keepsakes.

Looks something like this...
Image
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 15790
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 1693 times
Been thanked: 840 times

Re: #YangGang

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:27 pm

The ipad of its day.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 19513
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 199 times
Been thanked: 911 times

Re: #YangGang

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:17 pm

Relics, I love it. Brings back suppressed memories
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 17001
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 734 times
Been thanked: 935 times

PreviousNext

post

Return to Politics and Religion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ken Carson, Mountaineer Buc, real bucs fan, TheChefO, uscbucsfan, Zarniwoop and 6 guests