Police Brutality in the US

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Police Brutality in the US

Postby Selmon Rules » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:57 am

deltbucs wrote:
Selmon Rules wrote:The LT should have known about updated laws concerning this if he was going to advise on what to do and how to handle it. If he had been giving correct information, the cop there to draw blood would have been ok to arrest someone for obstruction I would think.

If LT passes along bad info, cop has faulty information to base his decision on, result will always be bad decision.

While the LT should have know better too, that doesn't excuse the cop from being incompetent and ignorant. It's literally his job to know the law.

No, it doesn't excuse the cops reaction. I do know that if I am in a supervisory position like the LT involved, I want my people to call when they truly don't know instead of acting out of ignorance. The cop did just that and then over-reacted and escalated the situation instead of handling it in a professional manner....

Wasn't trying to imply the cop was totally blameless here but I would be questioning the LT every bit as thoroughly
Sig currently being held hostage by Photobucket, will return next fall
Selmon Rules

Postby mightyleemoon » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:28 am

Corsair wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:
It's not a solution to cops aggressively using force. When people repeat more training, they are basically saying they don't know how to fix it. As someone who has been through a form of LEO training, more of the same will not do anything. There is no current way to duplicate these tense situations in real life. We try sim rounds, simulations, blanks, but everything changes when **** is real, because regardless of how good the training is, it's still training. No additional CBTs, test, exercises will change it. Every single time an incident happens there's a joke that everyone makes about having to go to training, but things always still happen. I agree that it's fucked up, but with the amount of LEOs and military that are necessary or tasked, we need a ton of people, those people are a microcosm of the population. We will get racist, evil, good, bad, etc....These people make it through polygraphs, multiple exams, training, and trial periods, but I know some questionable people are pushed through because of the turnover and demand. The only real solution I can think of is to exponentially increase the pay, creating more supply, and then be more selective, but that's not going to happen. In my opinion, the reason we have shitty cops is the same reason we have shitty teachers. The job isn't worth the pay (for different reasons). Schools have a 24% turnover on teachers each year.

The more I read about this case, the more it seems that this dude and possibly his LT were just bad people. I would be willing to bet that each of them were signed off the on the implied consent annual training stating that they had gone through all of the training and were aware of the law (was required after the Supreme Court decision). The one cop was already barred from taking blood for previous issues. It sounds like there is a lot wrong with this department and hopefully that comes to light.

TLDR

That's too bad. Because, it was a reasonable, well written post.
mightyleemoon

Postby NYBF » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:51 am

NYBF

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:10 pm

Hopefully the body cam footage from the officers is released. There was not excessive force in that short TMZ video that I can see, but there is more that happened than what was in that short video. That video looked like a couple of cops detaining someone.

Also interested to hear the VPD statement on this incident. Did Bennett fit the description of the suspect the VPD was looking for that created the incident that had people fleeing in the first place (reports are that there were gun shots)?
DreadNaught

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:17 pm

DreadNaught

Postby Corsair » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:50 pm

Bump
Corsair

Postby Onthebrink » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:40 pm

Something that nobody is talking about but has been a problem for many years. American citizens pets are being killed at an unthinkable rate. Look up the numbers. When a SWAT or DEA team raid a household the first thing they do is shoot the dog. No matter if it is Marijuana pariphanalea or eating someone's face drugs. They can do better. Canadian police officers have found using fire extinguishers as a good tool.
Onthebrink

Postby NYBF » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:04 pm

Onthebrink wrote:Something that nobody is talking about but has been a problem for many years. American citizens pets are being killed at an unthinkable rate. Look up the numbers. When a SWAT or DEA team raid a household the first thing they do is shoot the dog. No matter if it is Marijuana pariphanalea or eating someone's face drugs. They can do better. Canadian police officers have found using fire extinguishers as a good tool.

Face drugs?
NYBF

Postby Brazen331 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:58 pm

NYBF wrote:
Onthebrink wrote:Something that nobody is talking about but has been a problem for many years. American citizens pets are being killed at an unthinkable rate. Look up the numbers. When a SWAT or DEA team raid a household the first thing they do is shoot the dog. No matter if it is Marijuana pariphanalea or eating someone's face drugs. They can do better. Canadian police officers have found using fire extinguishers as a good tool.

Face drugs?

He is referring to Mephadrone or bath salts. The face-eating crap is complete propaganda similar to what went on with Marijuana in the 50's. It's basically a stimulant that helps you screw all night long.

It's basically the same stuff that's in the Khat plant that people in poor countries chew to relieve hunger.
Brazen331

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:10 pm

#DogLivesMatter
DreadNaught

Postby NYBF » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:36 am

Brazen331 wrote:
NYBF wrote:
Face drugs?

He is referring to Mephadrone or bath salts. The face-eating crap is complete propaganda similar to what went on with Marijuana in the 50's. It's basically a stimulant that helps you screw all night long.

It's basically the same stuff that's in the Khat plant that people in poor countries chew to relieve hunger.

Ah, that makes more sense. The whole thing was worded.... strangely. I was thinking the dog was either paraphernalia or was eating some kind of drugs. Had me wondering what kind of drugs he was on.
NYBF

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:19 am

Brazen331 wrote:
NYBF wrote:
Face drugs?

You should be a pharma rep. You make bath salts seem not so bad. lmao
DreadNaught

Postby Caradoc » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:03 am

https://www.tmz.com/videos/0_12mphsvd/

Seems like Michael Bennett's story was just about as accurate as "hands up don't shoot".
Caradoc

Postby DreadNaught » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:58 am

Caradoc wrote:https://www.tmz.com/videos/0_12mphsvd/

Seems like Michael Bennett's story was just about as accurate as "hands up don't shoot".

He was apprehended by 2 hispanics and 1 black LEO yet still played the race card. I have no doubt he was frightened in that situation and that likely led him to making a poor decision by trying to hide, then run. I don't blame him for that part at all since people panic in high stress situations.

But to claim it was about his race after the fact is nonsense and the videos shows that.

I've yet to see anything in any video that warranted Bennett throwing those cops under the bus for doing their job.
DreadNaught

Postby RedLeader » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:40 am

Black Lies Matter....
RedLeader

Postby Buc2 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:40 pm

I would like to see Bennett issue a public apology to the LVPD. Perhaps even make a small, but generous donation to their PBA fund.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Brazen331 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:15 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:

You should be a pharma rep. You make bath salts seem not so bad. lmao

That wasn’t my intention. The problem with bath salts was that you had no idea of what you were getting when you bought that stuff in a smoke shop before the banning. It could literally be anything, completely unregulated.
Brazen331

Postby Brazen331 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:25 pm

Buc2 wrote:

I would like to see Bennett issue a public apology to the LVPD. Perhaps even make a small, but generous donation to their PBA fund.

Doubt this will happen. Bennet has always been a provocateur regarding racial matters. There are a lot of misguided players involved with this protest controversy who are innocent of any malice. But Bennett and Kap are not included in that group. It’s all about radical America-hating politics with those two. It IS about the flag with them.
Brazen331

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:44 pm

Who put that stupid idea in your head?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Rocker » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:21 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Who put that stupid idea in your head?

Tucker Carlson on line one...
Rocker

Postby Brazen331 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:53 pm

Rocker wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Who put that stupid idea in your head?

I actually formed it myself from the statements these two have made and the behavior they have exhibited. I think they want the narrative of a racist police force brutalizing people solely over pigmentation to be true regardless if it is or not.
Brazen331

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:04 pm

Brazen331 wrote:
Rocker wrote:

I actually formed it myself from the statements these two have made and the behavior they have exhibited. I think they want the narrative of a racist police force brutalizing people solely over pigmentation to be true regardless if it is or not.

Go listen to Ron Paul talk about the drug war and get back to me.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Brazen331 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:15 pm

What does this mean? I know Paul’s stance on the drug war and completely agree that it has been a failure.
Brazen331

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:19 pm

For those of you who would rather skip listening to Ron Paul opine, I'll summarize.

Mr. Paul has consistently over the years pointed out that whites and blacks use illegal drugs at about the same rates yet blacks are four times as likely to be arrested and tend to receive larger sentences than whites.

The United States now leads the world in incarceration and 3/4 of the prisoners are, in fact, black.

This is not a fake problem, this is not about the flag.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:27 pm

Now Zarni is a libertarian and he'll vouch that I am no libertarian.

But Mr. Paul has been spot on about this issue hammering black people all along.

I'm just too much of a big government liberal to buy off on full legalization of all drugs.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Zarniwoop » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:34 pm

You've summed up his argument well

What else are we allowed to say he's right on?

:P
Zarniwoop

Postby Brazen331 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:19 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Now Zarni is a libertarian and he'll vouch that I am no libertarian.

But Mr. Paul has been spot on about this issue hammering black people all along.

I'm just too much of a big government liberal to buy off on full legalization of all drugs.

You are right about the drug war and blacks. The harsher penalties imposed on crack cocaine over powder was downright criminal.

But the statistics the make it hard for me to sympathize with the kneel down crowd revolve around the staggering amount of violent crime blacks commit.

I saw a stat that showed a black man in NYC is 3 times more likely to be killed by police. However a black man in NYC is 38 times more likely to shoot somebody with a gun than a white man in NYC and 51 times more likely to discharge firearm within city limits.

You never hear the left address this. Perhaps all the blame does not lie with police? If Asian men were having this problem I would back you on racism 100 percent.
Brazen331

Postby Ken Carson » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:54 am

Brazen331 wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Now Zarni is a libertarian and he'll vouch that I am no libertarian.

You are right about the drug war and blacks. The harsher penalties imposed on crack cocaine over powder was downright criminal.

But the statistics the make it hard for me to sympathize with the kneel down crowd revolve around the staggering amount of violent crime blacks commit.

I saw a stat that showed a black man in NYC is 3 times more likely to be killed by police. However a black man in NYC is 38 times more likely to shoot somebody with a gun than a white man in NYC and 51 times more likely to discharge firearm within city limits.

You never hear the left address this. Perhaps all the blame does not lie with police? If Asian men were having this problem I would back you on racism 100 percent.

Does the heightened probability of black men shooting someone make it OK for a cop to choke to death an unarmed man who was selling loose cigarettes in NYC?

And the problem with your statistics is that it essentially means that cops should perceive someone as threatening because of their skin color, right? Well, then I don't know how you could argue with black people who say they are treated differently by cops.
Ken Carson

Postby Brazen331 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:29 am

Ken Carson wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:

Does the heightened probability of black men shooting someone make it OK for a cop to choke to death an unarmed man who was selling loose cigarettes in NYC?

And the problem with your statistics is that it essentially means that cops should perceive someone as threatening because of their skin color, right? Well, then I don't know how you could argue with black people who say they are treated differently by cops.

We are perceived differently by everybody according to our skin color and everybody of course includes members of police departments. And of course it isn’t right to choke someone to death for selling cigarettes. Not sure what this one tragic incident has to do with my post?

I was using statistics to argue that the frequency of police on black profiling and violence is most likely exaggerated not to argue against obvious facts like the ones you presented above which I agree with. Yeah, incarcerate the cop who choked the cigarette seller, please...
Brazen331

Postby beardmcdoug » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:02 am

Step 1: Introduce drugs to society
Step 2: Concentrate drug arrests on minorities
-> Step 2 Results in fatherless homes, which assists Step 1 in creating more addicted mothers, resulting in catastrophic rise of broken homes
-> Results in a generation of rudderless individuals, who turn to gangs instead of being raised by their parents
Step 3: "Market" drug and drug violence culture in mass media. Promote the "virtues" of drug and gang violence culture
-> Results in higher gang recruitment and increased overall deviant and degenerate behavior in society
-> Results more arrests, more broken homes
-> Racism spreads from those on the "outside" of "drug and gang" "culture"
-> Results in divide within American society and turmoil
Step 4: Profit
-> Via privatized prisons
-> Via music industry
-> Via law enforcement/militarization
-> Via "news" media
-> Via tumultuous society focused on infighting opposed to true political issues, allowing broken pay-to-play political system to continue operating in background

Easy. And we're idiots for playing along
beardmcdoug

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion